It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

beezzer

jimmyx
why don't you just come out and say it, beezzer...anybody that doesn't have a good job, or is poor, is
I'm supposed to "care".

And by "caring", I'm supposed to cede my rights to self-determination for the good of the collective.

I should be ashamed of my success. Embarrassed by achieving my goals.

If people want to give up their independence to a central controlling authority, then they deserve the title that they have earned.

You should be "ashamed" because your success is due to the American taxpayer, regardless if you provided a "service" for the military. you stated your degrees were yours, but they wouldn't have been without the military and the American taxpayer, which is mainly the people you despise so much based on your threads and replies in threads. So show a little damned respect for EVERYBODY when you write this drivel you Republican puppet. You may have studied and earned what you have, but you did not and could not have done it on your own

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by beezzer

What an excellent thread, you said that all so well.

You are absolutely correct. Freedom requires the responsibility of the individual to manage their own affairs. Including their personal financing, health, safety, and happiness.

Tell a person that they have to be personally responsible and then watch the inner coward come out. I see it all the time on campus at my local college.

Hipsters hate responsibility.

You know who else hates being responsible? People who have have connections or rich parents. There is not a single one of you pseudo Republicans on here who have actually earned anything you have. Beezzer leeched off the military for his achievements, but yet "earned" it all on his very own and ALL of you are the same, if you weren't, you wouldn't be on this ridiculous site lol

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Because 95% of wealthy America right now does NOT work hard for what they have. ALL you people arguing that have connections, NONE of you on this site ever really EARNED anything you have, any Republican that is, and THAT is why you're a Republican, and that;s why YOU are actually the entitled crowd, and THAT is why you flock to THIS site. THIS is a pro entitlement site, i.e., a pure Republican site

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

blupblup

edit on 20/11/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Are you 12?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

queenofsheba
reply to post by beezzer

Hey beezer, like your thread. It does take courage to stand up and say hey, this isn't right. It does take courage to stand out and raise your hand in a crowd of a million when its only your hand raised. I think that the pendulum is swinging again and that is what it does. The only thing constant in life is change and that pendulum keeps swinging left, right, left, right, sometimes in the middle; where will it stop? Only time will tell.
edit on 20-11-2013 by queenofsheba because: spelling

Yes yes, it does take courage to come onto a website anonymously and call people cowards. I wish I had the courage to do that

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

mymymy
Beezzer leeched off the military for his achievements, but yet "earned" it all on his very own and ALL of you are the same, if you weren't, you wouldn't be on this ridiculous site lol

Lol I have to applaud you for finding as much irony in this as I do with most of these military folk on here.

The military guys love bitching about people being codependent.

Meanwhile their entire life has been funded involuntarily by taxpayers.

And they fail to acknowledge the utter irony.

This is why they come to the internet, though, I hope you realize that. Half the crap they say they wouln't have the balls to say in a physical room full of members of the general public -- most of them are socially retarded. That's why they're here: to farm stars and appropriate eachother's feeble-minded miniature group think nonsense in the only place they've been able to find to do so where they get social compensation for saying unintellectual nonsense.

But hey, at least they've made PROGRESS in finding a COLLECTIVE group of people who get OFFENDED at the same things that they do.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Oh I know that's why they come here. You can see it in the stats here, so many have been here for a very short time yet have thousands of posts. It's like they have no real friends or real life. I may not have much in real life, but I am able to enjoy it without flocking to the internet for approval every single day

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

It took me a while to see that too. I did not know conspiracy theories was just for conservatives and republicans.
That is how I found ATS because I liked the "deny your own ignorance". I was willing to learn about the world beyond my own.
I am a democrat, a mother, retiree, clean criminal record, try to heed the commandments of God. But my points are invalid because I am different.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

You know who else hates being responsible? People who have have connections or rich parents.

I've met people with rich parents who were extremely responsible. Likewise, I've met people with rich parents who were extremely irresponsible.

Also, I've seen both responsible and irresponsible poor people.

I don't think a person's sense of responsibility comes from how much or how little they had growing up. From what I've seen, it has a lot to do with the values that were instilled in the child. Whether rich or poor.

There is not a single one of you pseudo Republicans on here who have actually earned anything you have.

That is a pretty broad generalization to make about a wide-range of people. Everything is not black and white. There is more than just republicans and democrats. Personally, I think both of those parties suck.

Beezzer leeched off the military for his achievements, but yet "earned" it all on his very own and ALL of you are the same, if you weren't, you wouldn't be on this ridiculous site lol

I am not really sure what your point is. You didn't explicitly comment on any argument that anyone has made. You seem to be relying on ad hominem and red herring logic. Either you are a troll, possess a small mind, or both.

Personally, I grew up very poor. I am still very poor. I was working for a restaurant (Rooster's Bar and Grill) as a dishwasher only a month ago--making less than $17,000/year. I have only recently graduated college with an associates degree in Computer Science and was fortunate to find a company that offers training for Java developers.

My life has been hard. I have been homeless more than once, it has taken hard work on my part to get where I am at now. And yes, I did have to cultivate a sense of personal responsibility for where my life was at. I did not grow up in a world with rich parents. My mother was the sole provider of my home, she had 5 kids (including myself) and only made $17.00/hour.

Attacking people because you disagree with them ideologically does not help anyone. Degrading others will get us nowhere. You could lay out succulent arguments with sound reason--such an action is far more conducive to the personal growth of everyone involved. The logic that you have displayed is superficial and only muddies the water of debate.

If an idea is reasonable and backed with evidence it is our responsibility to let go of our emotions and change our stance. That is what reasonable people do. But you take that opportunity from us when you lower yourself to insults.

ALSO:

Snip

edit on 25/12/13 by JAK because: Probably best not to plaster invites, names and addressed on the internet. Please do not do so again.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am afraid that the government is conditioning people to be cowards with the aim you mentioned....to seek help from that same government.

Now you can ask yourself why want the government to do that?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

zatara
reply to post by beezzer

I am afraid that the government is conditioning people to be cowards with the aim you mentioned....to seek help from that same government.

Now you can ask yourself why want the government to do that?

The governments first priority is to itself.

The people it serves is secondary. Government exists to grow more government.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You seem to be relying on ad hominem and red herring logic. Either you are a troll, possess a small mind, or both.
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I find this rich, you saying this by saying this ^

My life has been hard. I have been homeless more than once, it has taken hard work on my part to get where I am at now. And yes, I did have to cultivate a sense of personal responsibility for where my life was at. I did not grow up in a world with rich parents. My mother was the sole provider of my home, she had 5 kids (including myself) and only made $17.00/hour.

And for that I applaud you. Most people on here like the OP have NOT gone through times like this but enjoy the type of life provided by the very same entity they constantly b*tch about, and earning it on the backs of the very people they now think are beneath them

And BTW, depending on how old you are, $17.00 an hour is either good or great money, despite having 5 kids. If you're 10, then OK, but if you're older than 25, then you DID NOT know hardship like you claim growing up unless you conveniently left something out to be brought up later

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

beezzer

The governments first priority is to itself.

The people it serves is secondary. Government exists to grow more government.

I beg to differ. The government's first priority(at least in the US) is to take care of the big corporation. That is how a corporate oligarchy works.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi Beezer, although I have no idea why this thread didn't grab my attention before, Seeing up in front again made me look and open it, because when I read that title I thought to myself, "who in America is the one above all others who should NEVER be a Coward, and then I thought of Obama, the guy who apologizes to other countries leaders because he is ashamed of America, but he himself assigns the reason he feels this way is all based upon pure BS, like Al Sharpton style reasons and Marxist idealism that clashes with the way America has always been.. which means he is even less advanced emotionally than his own kids, most likely,, at least it glaringly looks that way.

If Obama himself was not a yellow bellied gutless pie slinger himself, then maybe a huge portion of all the zombie brained useless eaters (just kidding, because even they deserve some love) that voted for him would be shown by his example that they should be strong and have all of those excellent true American virtues, rather than be just like Obama.. Entitled, everyone else owes them a favor, hatred of real American values since they conflict with the liberal agenda of today's age, and many other less desirable qualities that we keep on witnessing every single day like a curse.

I personally have always been free from any fear of any other person, even since childhood I was not afraid to go up against adults far older than me if I thought they were wrong about something they said ha-ha.. but I was not rude or mean, just very outspoken and opinionated, but even at a young age I learned how to use psychology to get my point across without ruffling peoples feathers..

I just wish that I still had that talent, but it departed from me about when I turned 20.

I am also always aware of what my rights are as a citizen and am not afraid to call out anyone who tries to deprive me of them. Even challenging them openly to a boxing or kick boxing match in a ring, I have put that challenge out to Obama a few times (of course I know he would never agree to such a thing, because when I put him all out on the mat all busted up and humiliated, whatever dignity his followers treat him with, and the rest of what little dignity he currently has would be destroyed forever.

I am about the same height and weight as him, and almost exactly the same age, so it would be a fair match as far as size and reach and weight goes. Most people would be afraid to even challenge him to anything, let alone a fight.
I am always nice and never a bully to anyone, but I really dislike bullies and I will knock them down when it is possible.

You would think there would be more people that are NOT cowards in America, but not many people challenge these dirt bags, and because of that they become even more empowered with their twisted and perverted ambitions.

Look at Harry Reid, and even the republican speaker of the house John Boehner, both of these dirtbags do things that are totally unacceptable for any American to do, and they do it multiple times a day.
my point which I'm getting to is that with all the crud they do, no one has stalked them down and BEAT THE TAR out of them, which they so justly deserve like most all of congress and the senate, and most state Governors that "play along" with TYRANNY. I'm surprised that there aren't more brave people to find them and shove copies of the constitution and the bill of rights up where it's dark with a broom handle, and then lecture them on what it means to be American, all video taped and put on every network with pirated Sat com time just for such a contingency as this.

I Know that assaulting people is not the wisest choice to do as a teaching lesson in today's environment since these people have built up a system of protection from anyone being able to even call them out very easily, but there is letters and phone calls to them to warn them that the things they are doing to get them in very grave trouble with their constituents, and why don't they care about that, it is because no one has shot them yet or broken their jaw in 7 places.

Maybe if those things start happening, (I'm not telling people to do that), I'm telling people to defend their country from domestic enemies since we don't have to defend ourselves against actual terrorists since those are quite rare in truth. Domestic enemies seem to be our absolutely worst nightmare right now.

All it takes for me to NOT be a coward is to always remember that my kids are going to be here after I am gone, and they will be stuck with 1,000 fold more problems than I had, and 10,000 fold more problems than my parents had.. So I have always done things to try to stop these imbeciles from following along in all of our mutual destruction and their own, but they are immune to logic, reason, and morality to notice.

What is left to use as a deterrent for them to wise up is sadly to beat the crap out of them with a Malaysian made, or styled cane and put a video of that on the net that makes a real example out of these cowardly people who think of themselves as our leaders, and spend all of our hard earned cash on themselves to become very wealthy and all the while they spit on all of our graves in a very personal way when they pass laws that exempt themselves from the laws that we are forced to abide by, and they pass laws to remove our freedoms.

If I ever run into any of these people I will provide them with legal correction, never run the other way. I called that Connecticut State cop spokesman that threatened to investigate people if they questioned or refuted what they were reporting and lambasted him with many of their errors, incompetence, and outright lies, and I refuted a lot of things, and then asked him what in the heck he thought he could do about it, and told him what I thought of him, everything was stated as my opinion of course.

Is any of this helping America? I don't think so, and it has just made me look like an ass to all those cowards out there...

Perhaps one day I will get the chance to beat Harry Reid's butt with a cane, or even Dianne Feinstein's, and yeah, if she wants to play the game of communist totalitarian with the big kids, then she is going to one day get her ass beat with a big stick for being a real coward and traitor to all the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

TheRegal

mymymy

Lol I have to applaud you for finding as much irony in this as I do with most of these military folk on here.

The military guys love bitching about people being codependent.

Meanwhile their entire life has been funded involuntarily by taxpayers.

And they fail to acknowledge the utter irony.

This is why they come to the internet, though, I hope you realize that. Half the crap they say they wouln't have the balls to say in a physical room full of members of the general public -- most of them are socially retarded. That's why they're here: to farm stars and appropriate eachother's feeble-minded miniature group think nonsense in the only place they've been able to find to do so where they get social compensation for saying unintellectual nonsense.

But hey, at least they've made PROGRESS in finding a COLLECTIVE group of people who get OFFENDED at the same things that they do.

Your assumptions about the military are all wrong. Tax payers have never been required involuntarily to support the military, it is already a part of being an American citizen to support this countries' defense and that is not optional. In other words, being an American Citizen means you have already agreed to pay that military to do the job that you and others didn't have to go do, unless you wanted to enter the military and do them, either way, both ways are honorable enough if you recognize your responsibilities as an American.
See how it works now?
You have been a good citizen by supporting them with your money and you didn't even realize it was what you and everyone else was expected to do, and what you and all agreed to do when you became a citizen. (by proxy).. Now you know

edit on 31-12-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

And BTW, depending on how old you are, $17.00 an hour is either good or great money, despite having 5 kids. If you're 10, then OK, but if you're older than 25, then you DID NOT know hardship like you claim growing up unless you conveniently left something out to be brought up later

My Mother worked up to that amount through raises and gaining experience.

When I was younger my Stepfather worked at a gas station as an attendant to support us--plus other odd jobs here and there. We were trailer trash off and on many times, and we were homeless quite a few times as well.

There were a few occasions where we had emergencies and had to live in cheap motel rooms. When I was in fifth grade we were living in a trailer that we could hitch to our car because we did not have a house or apartment. The trailer was made for two people and there was seven of us living in it. My siblings and I even went to school living that way for a few months before my parents were able to find a house to rent.

It was like that for many years. Back and forth between trailer parks, motel rooms, campgrounds and homeless shelters until the day that my Mother was able to make $17.00/hour (my firs stepfather didn't have any skills, but he busted his butt to make sure we were OK, even if we were beyond impoverished. My second stepfather was a bum).

My mother was not making even that much until I was about 20 years old (around 2006). So yes, she was doing much better, but $17.00/hour in the 2000's isn't great. You are still living paycheck to paycheck, but we had at least some stability by that time (sort of, my second stepfather was a psychotic--and I don't say that lightly. He was bent on emotionally destroying my siblings and myself).
edit on 1-1-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, I did question them all....couldn't stand Bush 1 or 2, but it was OK to criticize them. Unlike Obama, who has the media bashing anyone who is critical of his policies.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

What a bottom feeder you are. What's wrong was two years not long enough to find gainful employment? We're in the same state let's meet up and talk about it some time coward

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by papolim18

What a bottom feeder you are

Bottom feeder? Everything I have I worked for and didn't rely on any money from people I constantly put down

What's wrong was two years not long enough to find gainful employment?

I don't even know what you're talking about here

We're in the same state let's meet up and talk about it some time coward

Ah, I love the internet tough guys. I've made my real identity known on their facebook page plenty of times. I'm not ashamed or afraid to show who I am

BTW, it's a big state, I'm in the NW

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: papolim18

Just to update on this, I notice you never replied to me

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join