It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Kali74

facelift
reply to post by Kali74

Take your Corporations, take your whining, take your goddamned hero worship of greed and GTFO out of America... Secede already, have your white, rich, mysogynistic utopia and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Normally I would support any attack on beez, but the above limp ass rant is far off the mark...plz continue to attack him on other threads, just do a better job of it.

I was illustrating a point. Much like his rant it's left no room for discussion... my mind is made up. Get it?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Kali74
What's funny Beezer is that you are whining about people blaming everyone but themselves while simultaneously blaming hundreds of millions of people. Now you can sit there on your high horse and cry about how cowardly Americans are but you are absolutely dead wrong. Plenty of people are fighting back just not in a way that you like. You and the TP want everyone to roll over and let Corporations go unfettered get rid of all regulations, let the market decide wah wah wah... the rest of America has said NO! ENOUGH! We are done begging for handouts, done letting our jobs be shipped off and allowed to be used abusively toward other humans, done doing all the fking work and getting bread crumbs. Here's my counter-rant and counter-rage to you and the TP....

Take your Corporations, take your whining, take your goddamned hero worship of greed and GTFO out of America... Secede already, have your white, rich, mysogynistic utopia and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

And here we have a prime example of someone calling another brainwashed without realizing that they are brain washed as well. It's so ironic that it is funny.

What you want is that others who you do not agree with is to leave. Think about it this way...maybe you should leave to your uptopia and let the rest of us take our country back.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Kali74

I was illustrating a point. Much like his rant it's left no room for discussion... my mind is made up. Get it?

You are free to disagree.

Shouldn't I have the same freedom?

Left no room for discussion?

I made an observation on todays society. Coward is a harsh and ugly word. I hope it resonated and, at the very least, causes people to think.

My intent isn't to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside. Far from it. If that's all I wanted, I'd join a knitting forum.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The rant part of my post wasn't serious... it was said to illustrate a point, what I said was no less of a slamming the door in someones face than your OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

beezzer

rangerdanger
Just to add,
I usually agree with the OP, as he's usually pretty on point.
I just don't agree with calling other people cowards on the internet. It doesn't take a big man to post something anonymously like that, and it just sounds like trolling.

Haven't been called a troll in a while. lol

Being nice doesn't get you squat sometimes.

Sometimes it takes being slapped in the face in order to get a point across.

I'm not nice.
I'm not PC.
I'm not sensitive to the needs of the readers.

Like, hate, debate, ignore. It's up to you. I'm only speaking. Nothing says anyone has to listen.

Or. . . . . .

Am I being "offensive"?

America, myself included, has needed a good, swift, kick in the ass for quite some time. Reasons why may vary but I doubt that few would argue it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think I know what you are getting at.........

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

beezzer

BobM88
People don't want freedom. They think they do, but they really only want to be comfortable, safe. If it means giving up a bit here and there...so be it. At least we have our cable TV and cars and our wi-fi and our prescription drugs...

Arbeit Macht Frei....America's new motto

People used to want freedom.

Then society changed the definition.

Now freedom is described as a freedom from responsibility.

A very dark motto, but too true.

Responsibility requires one to take OWNERSHIP, if just mentally in order to feel responsible.

We are not allowed to OWN anything anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

TDawgRex

What you want is that others who you do not agree with is to leave. Think about it this way...maybe you should leave to your uptopia and let the rest of us take our country back.

You are going to take the country back from the neocon corporate fascist oligarchy? Yeah right.....

You think a Republican in the WHITE house will change anything?

Do you know the definition of insanity?

"Doing the samething over and over but expecting a different outcome"

The persistence of illusion is astonishing!!!
edit on 19-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I'm guessing this is for me and not beezzer.

No I am not off the grid, obviously. Being self reliant means not sticking your hand out to ask others for anything. We interact with society, my husband works his ass off to provide a vital service and sacrifices his time and energy to make the money we need to pay the bills. I work my ass off to harvest, collect, grow, can and otherwise preserve as much of our sustenance as I can. We have chosen to stay a part of society, for now. We honestly have had the discussion about completely dropping out and disappearing, but that's not the topic at hand.

Now we could argue that I'm not self reliant because I have to see a doctor for an ongoing health issue. The main point here being that I pay cash out of my ratty envelope with money saved a little every month to pay my bill in full. I rely on the knowledge that the doc has worked hard and paid for. I don't rely on a handout from others to pay for it.

I don't take that cash and go out and party at the bars, or go on vacations or even go eat out with that because that is our budget for our medical care. I have less bills in my mailbox because of it. When I need something I don't just whip out a credit card and rack up more debt. If its something I truly need then I save for it.

I understand its not black and white either. The people who truly need help, just need help. I help everywhere that I can because I see the need. Hungry kids are my weakness. No child will ever leave my home hungry. The disabled simply can't do some things, but I also see people with severe disabilities work part time jobs doing whatever they can to try and feel independent.

The fact that people see the abuse of the system as acceptable just to justify themselves is the problem. The fact the collective gets to decide how I am supposed to live is the problem. It's a problem for me that other people get to make those decisions to continue to raise my bills and take from my children just to justify an agenda.

I have a sincere question for you. By the merits of your argument, should I just chuck my children out in the snow to teach them self reliance?

My way is to teach them how to hunt and fish and forage so that they never go hungry. It's to teach them that somebody else always has more need than us and to find ways to fill that need. It's teaching them how to care for and maintain themselves and their personal things. It's teaching them that there are consequences, good or bad for every action that we perform. It's teaching them to put others needs first. It's teaching them that hard work is rewarding, but not necessarily instantly gratifying.

You know, my son at six years old was excited to learn how to fillet a salmon. The fish was nearly as big as he was, and his fillets were nicer than the men's because he cared so much about the job he was doing. Granted he's never had to clean fish for 10 hours, but he has helped us out ever since. That is the kind of self reliance that I am talking about. The desire to better oneself without requiring that others sacrifice so I can have my way.

The PC issue is a problem because it has become wrong to say what I just said, and its how I and many others feel. People have stopped speaking up because of fear of ridicule and that has come to mean more than the cold hard truth that nobody is owed a damn thing that they have not earned, through work, barter or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Haha! I love it.
Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by dlbott

My good fortune was brought about by my efforts.

Or are you on that "you didn't build that" kick?

Don't try and turn your words around, I never said building, your words that everything good in your life you created yourself. The only mention of building i said was more than likely both the hospital you or your kids were born in was built with bond money and government grants and help.

I simply pointed out the obvious, you did not create the schools the kids go to school to, you did not create the fire department that protects your home and land, you did not create the police department who protects you. You did not create much at all that you have to be thankful for.

The point is wow man you do have much to be thankful for. Heck, be thankful you can complain about your government, allot of people can't do that. That is something good isn't it. You have wife and kids are you not thankful for them. Come on be honest you have much to be thankful of and for and no you did not create it.

You act as though nothi;g good has ever happened to you from your government. Everyone knows that is not true. Playing scrooge does not become you.

All i am saying is you do have many things in your life to be thankful for. It is more important to keep your hateful rant going than to step back and admit you do have allot to be thankful for. What gives.

There are positive things in your life. That's all I am saying. Lol

The Bot

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I thank you for having the courage to make this thread. It's not something people will want to hear and a few years ago I would have not have wanted to hear it myself.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

rangerdanger
Unless you're from my generation (under 25) you won't understand my generation. Same way I don't understand what it was like living in the 60s where candy costs a penny each and you had to walk to school 10 miles barefoot in the snow..
Same old rhetoric has been passed down from generation to generation.
Call us whatever you want, but my generation will continue to do whatever it is you're complaining about.

and exactly THATS the problem... you will continue to be part of a consuming scene, thinking their consumption determines them as individuals, which could nt be further from the truth... go into some mall or club or social gathering and you ll see an army of clones, wearing, looking, thinking, speaking the same... a unified youth... perfect...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well Beez...

You were complaining the other day about there not being enough really good, passionate, politically argumentative threads on ATS lately....

And boy, oh boy, you certainly managed to create a good one.

Now if that isn't being "self-reliant", I don't know what is.

Bwahahahaha !

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This thread needs a musical respite:

The irony of the lyrics applied to the theme of what's up for discussion bent my mind slightly.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

jimmyx
why don't you just come out and say it, beezzer...anybody that doesn't have a good job, or is poor, is a loser, all due to their own laziness and apathy, so screw them.

Not all, but most. That's the problem with presenting absolutes as argument. You lose as soon as someone contests what you have to say.

There are long term and painful consequences associated with the words in bold above. Those consequences become apparent when you're honestly weighed and measured beside your peers. The real world sucks when you're hungry ... and there is nothing more real than hunger itself. Take notes.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Who said I was a Repub?

Some people....sheesh!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hear what you are saying,and don't disagree.But there is still hope as you see in this video.

www.godvine.com...

There are those that when the time comes,do the right thing without even thinking about it.Bless these folks for we need far more of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

john452
I thank you for having the courage to make this thread. It's not something people will want to hear and a few years ago I would have not have wanted to hear it myself.

People don't like being called a coward. They don't like the insinuation that they are being called a coward.

Maybe this'll cause one or two to rethink their position. Or not.

A few years ago, this thread might not have been necessary.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

CranialSponge
Well Beez...

You were complaining the other day about there not being enough really good, passionate, politically argumentative threads on ATS lately....

And boy, oh boy, you certainly managed to create a good one.

Now if that isn't being "self-reliant", I don't know what is.

Bwahahahaha !

lol

I got bored. Saw a stick and a hornet's nest. The rest, is history!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join