It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

I think this is what you were talking about.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes those people exist but in far fewer numbers than you assume... just one facet of the problem with your thinking. But your mind is set isn't it?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have actually read this entire thread, and it has just cemented in my mind the following. Many in the world have become "My way or the highway", their entire world is lived in black and white, and there are no shades of gray. Americans are not cowards, they are turned off and tuned out from the idiots that populate our media, both right and left. Most of us are just trying to pay our bills and get by, and cannot understand why our leaders can't compromise, most of us have some sort of compromise visit our lives daily. Am seriously considering seeing a mental health professional, as I spend my hours for entertainment reading the crap such as is presented in this thread. There are some very intelligent people on this site, based on their research and writing, however I think many of them need to be tested, to see if there is anyway possible they can see a shade of gray.
edit on 11/19/2013 by BubbaJoe because: I can't think and type at the same time

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Yes those people exist but in far fewer numbers than you assume... just one facet of the problem with your thinking. But your mind is set isn't it?

My mind is set in that I think it is better to be self-reliant than subservient.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Thank you for saying something that didnt cause my eyeballs to pop out and roll across the floor, then my head explodes and body simultaneously combustion into a ball of flame.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh yeah?

47 million on foodstamps, are there 47 million middle america jobs that pay enough of a living wage for people to live?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Quauhtli

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

I think this is what you were talking about.

That's a pretty good way to put it, and there aren't a whole lot of people around here who'd willingly take on just about any of those chores.. That's for sure.

I worked in tourism for a few years and I saw this go on in a much smaller way, but it gives a good example. Tourists btw are undoubtedly the dumbest animal to walk the face of the earth, inevitably they hurt themselves. Some guy would smash his head into the hanging plants and bleed all over the porch, so we had to raise all the plants on the property to over eight feet. Someone else trips down the steps, build a ramp. this lady can't hold herself up in the regular waste harness and almost falls out.. chest harnesses for everyone, including guides. Bug in the eye, safety glasses... on and on and on until the whole place is a padded room, and nothing is fun any more.

Trying to protect everyone becomes a losing battle, there is no end to the amount of effort that is wasted because the common sense of the participants goes down the drain faster than the safety protocols can be thought up. There is only one way to honestly try and protect the participants and it lies in common sense, conscious decisions and personal responsibility without blame.

You know truthfully all this BS could and should be blamed on the lawyers.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Quauhtli

There is only one way to honestly try and protect the participants and it lies in common sense, conscious decisions and personal responsibility without blame.

WTF....see the disconnect here?

My God this style of Rush Limbaugh whining is so lame and tiresome!
edit on 19-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

olaru12

Quauhtli

There is only one way to honestly try and protect the participants and it lies in common sense, conscious decisions and personal responsibility without blame.

WTF....see the disconnect here?

please enlighten me, I surely don't see it and I wrote it...

Maybe my point didn't come across well. I didn't mean to sound whiney. I think of it as a natural part of the human condition that we should be mindful of. Men and women strive to be strong and good at all aspects of their lives, but in the purpose of sheltering and protecting our children we inadvertently hinder their own abilities to master their environment. I guess thats kinda the background idea of what I'm saying..

Still think we should blame the lawyers though..
edit on 19-11-2013 by Quauhtli because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

My mind is set in that I think it is better to be self-reliant than subservient.

Is it impossible for you to see any point between those too points? That has been the problem with the entire thread, many of us see a need to change things, but because of the labels etc, no compromise is acceptable. While I have no sources or stats to defend my position, no one alive in the USA today has every been self reliant, they have relied on others to provide some good or service for them at some point.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

Oh yeah?

47 million on foodstamps, are there 47 million middle america jobs that pay enough of a living wage for people to live?

Here we go.

I guess they are all "victims", huh?

Get angry. Get pissed. Make the changes you want.

But don't get pissed at me just because I call out those that roll over and take it!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Is it impossible for you to see any point between those too points? That has been the problem with the entire thread, many of us see a need to change things, but because of the labels etc, no compromise is acceptable. While I have no sources or stats to defend my position, no one alive in the USA today has every been self reliant, they have relied on others to provide some good or service for them at some point.

So a "you didn't build that" quote, huh?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Answer my question...

Are there 47 million middle america jobs in the us that pay a living wage?

its really simple stop promoting this lie.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Is it impossible for you to see any point between those two points? That has been the problem with the entire thread, many of us see a need to change things, but because of the labels etc, no compromise is acceptable. While I have no sources or stats to defend my position, no one alive in the USA today has every been self reliant, they have relied on others to provide some good or service for them at some point.

Really bad attempt at deflection, it was an honest question. You relied on the Federal government for a paycheck for many years, and are still relying on them for your retirement pay. Just like my time in the military has allowed me to rely on VA for health care. Long story short, you were not self reliant as some on here want to define it. You didn't grow all of your own food, perform you own medical services, etc, etc. Even in the founders day, it was rare for someone to be totally self reliant.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

Answer my question...

Are there 47 million middle america jobs in the us that pay a living wage?

its really simple stop promoting this lie.

Nope.

In todays America, it is a competition.

There will be winners and losers.

But you must have missed my point. It's the people that willingly cede their rights of self-determination, the ones that cede their rights to individuality that are screwing it up for everyone.

Because these nanny-state laws, this Obamacare, it isn't written for just those that need it. Everyone is stuck with this.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

20 million illegal immigrants(estimated of course), 47 million on food stamps, 4 million who make minimum wage, 20 million felons, and almost 3 million incarcerated

whats your answer beezzer?
edit on 19-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Is it impossible for you to see any point between those two points? That has been the problem with the entire thread, many of us see a need to change things, but because of the labels etc, no compromise is acceptable. While I have no sources or stats to defend my position, no one alive in the USA today has every been self reliant, they have relied on others to provide some good or service for them at some point.

Really bad attempt at deflection, it was an honest question. You relied on the Federal government for a paycheck for many years, and are still relying on them for your retirement pay. Just like my time in the military has allowed me to rely on VA for health care. Long story short, you were not self reliant as some on here want to define it. You didn't grow all of your own food, perform you own medical services, etc, etc. Even in the founders day, it was rare for someone to be totally self reliant.

So are you attacking me, or the message?

Because we can start a "bad beezzer" thread and attack me all day long.

But this is just another deflection at me calling America a "coward".

edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

20 million illegal immigrants(estimated of course), 47 million on food stamps, 4 million who make minimum wage, 20 million felons, and almost 3 million incarcerated

whats your answer beezzer?
edit on 19-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

What's the question?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

my question is this...

can you reason with stupid?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

So are you attacking me, or the message?

Because we can start a "bad beezzer" thread and attack me all day long.

But this is just another deflection at me calling America a "coward".

edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Not intending to attack you or your message, I too think we have a lot of problems in the country, especially with those that feel entitled. Calling Americans cowards, I have an issue with, as I explained in an earlier post. We need to find answers, and not continue to point fingers, and place blame. There are enough problems and blame to be spread across ever president and congressperson in the last 100 years. Compromises, which served our founders and leaders for so long, have become a bad thing because of the "Black/White" thinking for many in the country. Shades of gray exist in many portions of our life, and this needs to carry over to our politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join