It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

beezzer

dlbott
reply to post by beezzer

I would like to know what are the positive things in your life. What do you see that is good in your country. Is there anything that you see is positive. Who are these heroes you speak of. Who is your positive influence.

With every negative there is a positive, the negative would like to not think so but it is fact. Your u simply cannot have one without the other.

It is kinda like someone denying there is a God but they can't deny there is evil. See what I mean.

So let's hear what you are thankful for and what you find good about your country. It was easy to rant, and I think that is OK and healthy, so I think it should be just as easy to tell us these things.

The Bot

Without getting too personal, positive things don't just happen or exist, if you want positive things in your life, then you have to create them.

Or else, you can wait passively for government or corporations to create something positive for you.

The choice is yours.

Sorry for the double quote here but it is important for everyone to see my original request. So what you are saying is you have nothing you are thankful for in your life. You see absolutely nothing positive in your country. There by your words is nothing good in your life that you did not create.

Wow, either your Job, from the old testament, no wait despite every bad thing that happened to him he still believed he was blessed, not you. So you created every good thing in your life and you see absolutely nothing good about your country.

Now what I thought was a healthy start to some real discussion has turned childish and ridiculous. Furthermore, you are not being honest at all. All bunk, pure BS. Every person in this country has much to be thankful for, you included. You whine and cry about your government but you reap rewards for that everyday.

You have firemen and police, you have ambulance, do you have kids, a house. Do they go to school. Were they born in a hospital, how many hospitals do you know that we're built without bond money or grants. Did you go to school. Do you take medication, probably surprise you to know that most of the drugs we have because of government help in that R and D process. You don't have polio, Hmmmm your government. Is your food safe, oh Yea you eat only what you created, NOT.....

You see my hypocritical friend HAVE a lot to be thankful for, not the least of which you live in a country where you can rant against your government. How about be thankful you don't live in China or north Korea where you would be in prison already just for what you said in your post.

Come on, i know you're not that sad, I know you do have much to be thankful for.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by beezzer

If I may respectfully point out, you sound like a victim yourself...a victim of a system turning into victims.

I hear and understand what you are saying, but isn't what you are saying only proving your point? Even those that see it happening are victims themselves.

I don't really know what the solution is, as I think the problem is so endemic and widespread. For any positive change away from this current trend to happen, it's going to need to be propagated from multiple angles.

I think a lot of it starts in the home, and is perpetuated by the MSM.

With all due respect, isn't a victim only a victim if one defines himself as one?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

beezzer

jimmyx
why don't you just come out and say it, beezzer...anybody that doesn't have a good job, or is poor, is a loser, all due to their own laziness and apathy, so screw them. loud and clear, buddy...just like all the past revolutions, it was the poor and wretched that had nothing to lose, and had no hope of a future, that killed off the smug and arrogant people of privilege and wealth...so keep up the blame and shame on the underclass, and let history repeat itself, you can't help it if that's all you know.

A great example of social engineering.

I'm supposed to "care".

And by "caring", I'm supposed to cede my rights to self-determination for the good of the collective.

I should be ashamed of my success. Embarrassed by achieving my goals.

If people want to give up their independence to a central controlling authority, then they deserve the title that they have earned.

cut the crap, what rights have you ceded to self-determination for the good of the collective??..and who talks that way?...I've only heard that type of language on old star trek shows...the ACA does not take away your rights. you still have to buy insurance from the same companies as before, it's now a more competitive free-market based choice.

link   

Bybyots

beezzer
reply to post by Bybyots

First let me apologise to many. I'm sorry. Not everyone can be brave. I wrongly assumed that people would naturally embrace noble efforts. I wrongly assumed that people would steer clear of cowardice. It takes guts to be responsible.

Did you mean for people to assume that what you mean is that if people do not align themselves with Klayman and his revolution that they are not brave? Are Klayman's the "noble efforts" that you are referring to?

edit on 19-11-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

I don't know enough about this Klayman to even comment.

link   

beezzer

corvuscorrax

beezzer
reply to post by JustMike

If someone is afraid to act, live, perform, function in a society outside of the perceived norm then I wouldn't call that brave, would you?

If you don't like cowardly, I would use the word "timid" if it sounds nicer. (See? Don't want to hurt feeling or anything!)

It is cowardly because we are afraid of societal repercussions brought about by a system that rewards the mediocre, rewards the timid, rewards the victim!

We can't have winners and losers anymore because that would upset the losers (see PC thread)

We can't be independent anymore because that would illustrate that people could function without government interference.

Government rewards cowardice.

Heh I'm what you would probably consider a 'loser' and I'm not upset about it and even if I were I'm pretty sure the 'winners' wouldn't even notice.

See? By our "new" societal standards, I'm supposed to care as to whether or not you're a loser.

But you should be free to make your life what you want of it.

It's not up to me.

Don't know how you pulled that out of your ass. I didn't say anything about how you should care. I said pretty much the exact opposite.

Sheesh really a stretch there.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

My good fortune was brought about by my efforts.

Or are you on that "you didn't build that" kick?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

corvuscorrax

beezzer

corvuscorrax

beezzer
reply to post by JustMike

If someone is afraid to act, live, perform, function in a society outside of the perceived norm then I wouldn't call that brave, would you?

If you don't like cowardly, I would use the word "timid" if it sounds nicer. (See? Don't want to hurt feeling or anything!)

It is cowardly because we are afraid of societal repercussions brought about by a system that rewards the mediocre, rewards the timid, rewards the victim!

We can't have winners and losers anymore because that would upset the losers (see PC thread)

We can't be independent anymore because that would illustrate that people could function without government interference.

Government rewards cowardice.

Heh I'm what you would probably consider a 'loser' and I'm not upset about it and even if I were I'm pretty sure the 'winners' wouldn't even notice.

See? By our "new" societal standards, I'm supposed to care as to whether or not you're a loser.

But you should be free to make your life what you want of it.

It's not up to me.

Don't know how you pulled that out of your ass. I didn't say anything about how you should care. I said pretty much the exact opposite.

Sheesh really a stretch there.

You defined yourself.

I don't care.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I defined myself because it was relevant to the reply you posted.

Then you go on this I don't care BS. If you didn't care you wouldn't have made the thread genius.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

jimmyx

cut the crap, what rights have you ceded to self-determination for the good of the collective??..and who talks that way?...I've only heard that type of language on old star trek shows...the ACA does not take away your rights.

Embrace the comfort of not making decisions for yourself.

you still have to buy insurance from the same companies as before, it's now a more competitive free-market based choice.

I'm being forced to buy insurance now.

Before, it was a choice.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

corvuscorrax
reply to post by beezzer

I defined myself because it was relevant to the reply you posted.

Then you go on this I don't care BS. If you didn't care you wouldn't have made the thread genius.

It's not about you.

Unless that's how you define yourself.

And if it is how you define yourself, then what does that have to do with me?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah, so you must have been inspired by member olaru12's willingness to get out there and cover the event referenced in that member's thread.

Alright then

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe I misread, but I DON'T think we are talking about those that are true victims here. Some are beat down to pitiful dust before they ever begin, and I'm GRATEFUL for me that these issues are in the realm of choice. They still are for many of us. Don't mean it's easy, but many of us are fortunate that it hasn't been made virtually impossible. We should be filled with gratitude.

There are those, imo, that never had a chance and it's for them that we should put on the ball cup and engage the socio-engineering assholes. I can say assholes on ATS can't I?

If so: Eff you, you assholes!! There...I feel better now.

edit on 19-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Bybyots
reply to post by beezzer

Ah, so you must have been inspired by member olaru12's willingness to get out there and cover the event referenced in that member's thread.

Alright then

I was more inspired by the comments in the thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

*sighs* Alright then I'll spell it out for you.

You said : We can't have winners and losers anymore because that would upset the losers

I said : I that someone like 'you' would likely define me as a loser and I wouldn't care. Directly contradicting what you said.

You then proceeded to arrive at a conclusion that was nowhere near what I stated and then said I was making it about myself when it was just a convenient way to prove what you said was stupid.

There you go champ!

Keep working on your reading comprehension.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The GUT
Maybe I misread, but I DON'T think we are talking about those that are true victims here. Some are beat down to pitiful dust before they ever begin, and I'm GRATEFUL for me that these issues are in the realm of choice. It is for many of us. Don't mean it's easy, but many of us are fortunate that it hasn't been made virtually impossible. We should be filled with gratitude.

There are those, imo, that never had a chance and it's for them that we should put on the ball cup and engage the socio-engineering assholes. I can say assholes on ATS can't I?

If so: Eff you, you assholes!! There...I feel better now.

I don't fault the person in the wheelchair struggling to get by.

It's why I do charity work.

But we're talking about a voluntary victimhood status that people are being taught and encouraged to put on themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just to add,
I usually agree with the OP, as he's usually pretty on point.
I just don't agree with calling other people cowards on the internet. It doesn't take a big man to post something anonymously like that, and it just sounds like trolling.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

corvuscorrax
reply to post by beezzer

*sighs* Alright then I'll spell it out for you.

You said : We can't have winners and losers anymore because that would upset the losers

I said : I that someone like 'you' would likely define me as a loser and I wouldn't care. Directly contradicting what you said.

You then proceeded to arrive at a conclusion that was nowhere near what I stated and then said I was making it about myself when it was just a convenient way to prove what you said was stupid.

There you go champ!

Keep working on your reading comprehension.

Thanks for the help. (rolling eyes)

Still don't care. Because even if we enjoyed having winners and losers, I'm not competing with you.

Not worth my time or effort.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is a competition to you? Good god you are obtuse.

I disagreed with something you said and stated why.

And you SOMEHOW arrive at this last statement?

Thanks for the laugh sir. And to think you had the audacity to say that I was making it about myself.
edit on 19-11-2013 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Just to add,
I usually agree with the OP, as he's usually pretty on point.
I just don't agree with calling other people cowards on the internet. It doesn't take a big man to post something anonymously like that, and it just sounds like trolling.

Haven't been called a troll in a while. lol

Being nice doesn't get you squat sometimes.

Sometimes it takes being slapped in the face in order to get a point across.

I'm not nice.
I'm not PC.
I'm not sensitive to the needs of the readers.

Like, hate, debate, ignore. It's up to you. I'm only speaking. Nothing says anyone has to listen.

Or. . . . . .

Am I being "offensive"?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My problem with all this bat s/hit that's going on right now is this:

I'm not picking a side.

I don't want to be "red" or "blue".

If I wanted to pick a side I would pick "the Human Being on planet Earth" side - but for some reason that's not an option and no one wants it to be.

No one seems to want it to be "both" either... but that's a human thing I guess because we seem to always want it one way and not multiple ways. It's like we can't handle that kind of work (work - not a job with a wage - but real human to human work) and empathy.

So I, personally, feel the best thing for me to do right now is to refrain from participating in either side because I, personally, view all of this as utter madness guided by corrupt politicians on both isles of both colors while they all go behind closed doors and shake hands for their side that's got nothing to do with red or blue and everything to do with GREEN.

I'm not a religious man but I find it amusing over time that one prophecy may one day come true if we live long enough: The meek with inherit the Earth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join