It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT - Tornado Outbreak Possible in Midwest U.S

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
NOAA has just issued a flash flood warning for northern Mi.
forecast.weather.gov...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

My sympathy to everyone affected by storm damage,and my best wishes for your safety.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hope all of our members in the affected area can check in...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
From the feed I mentioned on page 3:

Confirmed 'large and extremely dangerous tornado' 9 miles northwest of Shoals, Ind., moving NE at 70 mph

And the twitter status for this: twitter.com...
edit on 17-11-2013 by negue because: added info

And another of their tweets: 3:46pm EST: Confirmed large #tornado 11 mi N of Shoals, IN in Martin County, moving NE at 70. This is about 75 mi SW of Indianapolis.

Also I read on breakingnews that Chicago has been cleared from tornado watch.
edit on 17-11-2013 by negue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I want to thank the OP for this thread.

I live in Michigan and was able to get warnings out to family and friends throughout the lower state.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not far from Decatur, IN(SW of Fort Wayne). Our area is kind of on the line if the estimated path. I'm terrified of storms! We have the basement set up, complete with motorcycle helmets for the kids.

I will be praying for everyone's safety!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkib0421

Ahh, I feel for you, be sure and make it a positive experience for your little ones, play games, read together, color, make play dough figures... Make Thanksgiving place mats or decorations...

This can help show them how calm you can be in the face of danger, and how lucky and safe they are to have you as their parent. Lots of children will make scary reports of their experience when they go back to school, so yeah, let this be a family bonding and reassuring time.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the ideas! I doubt my 12 year old would go for much of that. My husband is a musician so the plan is for him to play some music. If things get loud we have iPods and earbuds for them. I figure some really loud Johnny Cash and candy crush would work as a distraction.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

antar
I hope all of our members in the affected area can check in...

Checking in from East Peoria...

The destruction around me is pretty bad. Entire neighborhoods are gone, nothing left.

One of my trees fell and landed on my four wheeler( was gonna go hunting this morning, so I had the quad out and ready).

My basement and shop are both flooded pretty bad.

Other than fallen trees, everything is good at my house. I did have to go out and cut the rest of one tree down so it wouldn't smash my porch. Kinda spooky cutting down a tree in 50mph winds...

Thoughts and prayers to the rest of y'all.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Glad your safe.

Physical things can be replaced.

You can't

Time to see if others need help though.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
From Louisville, KY.
Should be here shortly.

Just keep an eye on your local weather and stay safe!!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just saw this pic come across from Brookport, IL
I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in storms like this, such a helpless feeling.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

The police wont let us get in to help. I don't know WTF to do. This area got hammered pretty damn bad.

The wind has picked back, not looking good.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

KawRider9
reply to post by Realtruth

The police wont let us get in to help. I don't know WTF to do. This area got hammered pretty damn bad.

The wind has picked back, not looking good.

I was worried about that.

You guys always get that lake effect, or sometimes the storms just don't want to leave your area.

Stay safe, make sure your family is safe first.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Glad you are safe!

Yeah, let them , the police and rescue personnel do their job. It's a helpless feeling, I know.All those people will need help later with shelter, food, water and clothes and coats.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkib0421

It really is OK to experience weather, sunny days, cloudy days, rain and even torrential. I know it may seem scary right now, but this too shall pass... Children are far more resilient and copacetic when it comes to emergencies than adults can be, they have nothing to compare to yet so hold far less judgement. Sheltering them, helping them feel safe, yes, shielding them from a reality they will have to face one day alone, out on their own without you is a given.

Teach them through your love how to live in the moment and to feel everything life gives, even goosebumps from a massive weather related event such as this. Please do not think I am telling you what to do, only you know what is best for your family, it is just not always easy without the love and support of others who hold reminders from their own experience such as I am passing to you.

Please check back and let us know who won the games!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Whoooo-wee...that was a storm. Branches as big around as my waist snapping off of trees like twigs, bilboards ripped off, telephone poles bent over, a car hood was pulled right off the car and flew 15 feet.

Thank god it's passed, now its sunny and windy.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Wow, watch out for downed and falling powerlines, do you still have power? Remain vigilant because for safety sake it could get cut later to preemptively save lives. We were watching as the storms swept your way, what new reality today brought.

Blessings to you and yours, please keep us in the loop with updates. Keep a journal if you can.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow!! Washington, IL

www.weather.com...
edit on k17201341982 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is there a link to the latest? A good source for the storm chasers?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join