It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT - Tornado Outbreak Possible in Midwest U.S

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Tornado tearing through Minooka in Illnois in USA
posted 14 minutes ago

edit on 17-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

MrLimpet

jhn7537
Have they determined the Washington, IL tornado yet? F3, F4, F5?? I haven't read anything yet.

News reported F4 just a few minutes ago.

just heard that too, this might b the worse I have seen in a long while have to wait see tomorrow

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Oh Thank you Jesus! Yes, it is going to be really hard to be held back from helping others. To see and experience the bumbling of the bureaucracy during this difficult time is like salt to the wound. Keep strong and let us know how you are doing.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Once again, thanks to Everyone for their contributions!

My thoughts to those affected and I'm glad to hear reports from any members in the area, verifying their safety.

To those in front of the system, stay vigilant, and be informed of any hazardous conditions in your area.

- All the Best.

edit on 17-11-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

MariaLida
At least 138 Tornado Warnings have been issued so far today ..

Yes it's not over ..

Latest ..

radar.weather.gov...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Local Radar ..

Wunderground ..

www.wunderground.com...

Tornado Warning for Fleming County in KY until 7:45 PM EST

www.wunderground.com...

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

OMG! I'm still in the path of this thing and it will be hitting here around midnight or after. My daughter is at college, and I told her to make sure she is in a tornado safe area.

Here in the mountains, we don't see too many if any tornadoes, but about an hour west of us, they get tornadoes. And I shouldn't say we NEVER get a tornado, but it is just not as likely. I hope this isn't the night I see my first tornado.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Tornado Washington, Illinois
11/17/2013 [ Raw Footage + HD ]

((

Washington, IL

House in the middle of Hoffer Street in Kokomo!

www.wishtv.com...

Death toll from tornadoes in Illinois today has reached 5, tying Nov. 9, 1864 for the deadliest November tornado day in Illinois history.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Are you getting any of the warning signs of being in danger? What did your skies look like at sunset? Greenish, or yellowish? Are there strong winds or rain right now? What is your local weather station saying? Hope you have a safe place and remain alert for this evening. You have water drawn up right? Pets secured and in contact with family and friends who can connect with you either tonight or in the morning right? Be sure and give a phone call to any elderly neighbors you might have that may need to be told. Stay safe and please check back with us (that is if you even log off tonight until the all clear).

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

In that first video it is a clear sign of how injuries which can be avoided happen. The person taking the video should have yelled for the others to head to safety sooner, much sooner. It is mesmerizing to say the least and not just a little bit unbelievable and fantastic. Hypnotized by the sheer energy and force of a tornado, which from a distance can seem harmless enough, and from what we saw in the video can look far away but catch up to you really fast. it blew my mind when I heard the car studdering to be started! The tornado was practically on top of them by that point!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I survived
Was tornado watch, now we're only a wind advisory. ^^ I was freaked out though, huge black clouds and the works all day.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Beautiful, good to know you are safe. Powerful day huh? Were you familiar with tornado conditions before this?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Live along Ohio River Valley. According to what we are seeing on the links posted, it looks like we are going to get hit. Sky was dreary at dusk, but it has been rainy here about all day. I heard the rain pick up for about 3 min about 20 min ago, so probably just a small cell passing by. We have city water - pressure in lines, but I will make sure we have some water drawn. I am waiting for my son to get home. He is 16 1/2 and I have texted him and am waiting for him to get a ride home from where he is. Dogs will be with us. They are good about following us in weather. Have trees in the area that could very well down some powerlines. Natural gas is in most houses in the area. We had one house with a gas leak about 3 weeks ago blow up just down the road. Can't imagine if that happens with all the houses if there is a tornado - does the natural gas explode due to rupture of gas lines in high winds?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Little update...I drove to Washington, Il to help out and volunteer...the city is destroyed...damage as far as the eye can see....going back every day this week I can to help out....its an absolute mess. Never seen anything like it.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One thing that concerns me is that tonight will be so cold for those still trapped in the debris as well as the displaced people and pets. Tomorrow winds will be strong again but hopefully clear skies will help ease the fears which will undoubtedly surface for everyone affected by these powerful storms today. Power outages could last for sometime, and even for those who had preparations for emergencies may have lost it all in a single day.

*Bumping the thread*

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

My Mom and two of my sisters are there(all nurses) but I can't help...

Washington is 8 miles from me and I can do nothing...

My sisters said help is needed, but we're not allowed in... WTF over?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just spoke with family that lives close to Columbus, OH. They have sirens going off there now. Everyone is in the basement. I pray for their safety.
This storm has left a lot of destruction in it's path. My thoughts go out to all those affected.

Here is what Yahoo! has up about the storms. Many pictures up on this site.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Generally speaking gas is pretty safe. here is a good site that can give you those important reminders of what to do in a tornado before, during and after. If you are like most people even your logical thinking skills seem to get swept away with the precursory winds, so it is always a good idea to reread this info when you are potentially in harms way.

(Mind you this is method 4 and step 2. for after a tornado)

2 Shut off utilities.[3] Since gas leaks can be extremely dangerous, the first thing you should do once you have handled the first step is turn off the gas, water, and electricity. Damage to one of the pipes or switches could cause a fire or explosion. Never light a match or use a lighter if you suspect that there may be a gas leak, or if you have not already turned off the utilities.

Check it out its a pretty good informational site.
www.wikihow.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Can you give us a weather update for the region? Winds and wind chills tonight? power outages? Any local reports? I am sorry and know this is going to be rough. Stay on task for what you need to be doing and focus on what you can do, that always helps me in a crisis.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, have you heard of the Henryville, IN tornado? I was out on that day as well. It was mighty scary, hail and everything. I was heading home from college classes when we got the warning on the radio.

No new thing, but still scary. I hate tornados. :/

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Good for you. These people are going to need a lot of help and support in the days ahead. My town got destroyed by Sandy so I know first hand. Very tough days ahead.

Luckily though volunteers showed up from around the area and around the country as I'm sure they will here. People can be amazing at times like this. The government and insurance companies - not so much.

Remember supplies most necessary are flashlights, batteries, work gloves, food and water at first.

And I know you all know - donate locally or to national organizations with track records. Don't think I'm allowed to post which ones worked best here, but there are a few.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected. Stay strong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join