It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT - Tornado Outbreak Possible in Midwest U.S

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know, this is not our first storm thread my friend and in fact we have been together in several very horrible situations. I really am happy that you are safe, hope all your loved ones and friends are as well. so many people are being forced into a totally new paradigm through weather disasters these past few years and I fear the worst has yet to come. I recall a bunch of heartless people making fun of those who 'chose' to live in the path of these types of events when in fact what was once rare and isolated has become so wide spread that really no where is safe anymore in that regard.

that true it not just tornado alley anymore
god bless

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Magantice
reply to post by iunlimited491

Thank you for the warning. I live right in the light pink area.

Please let us know that you are alright. Lots of prayers went your way today.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
here's storm chaser TV
www.chasertv.com...

a wind map
hint.fm...

the NOAA watch boxes
www.spc.noaa.gov...

pretty bizarre for november, although there have been big storms before....just not sure there's been tornado warning this late this far north
www.spc.noaa.gov...

Stay Safe, All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bumping this post for those who are just coming in or still in harms way and looking for links. Thanks DTOM

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

jhn7537
Have they determined the Washington, IL tornado yet? F3, F4, F5?? I haven't read anything yet.

I been hearing f4

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

antar

KawRider9

Getting pretty dark here in the middle of hellinois. Weather channel just said 80mph winds expected.

The good news????? It's 70 fricking degrees!

Off to do some yard work. I'll snap some pics if it gets ugly.

Has KR checked in after this post? Prayers that you are safe tonight. I am sorry.

he was right in the thick of it

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm in Michigan, high winds, rain and lightning .. Pretty calm now..

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

As of 5:55pm EST (4:55pm CST) there have been 76 reports of tornadoes, 229 reports of damaging winds, and 40 reports of large hail today, for a total of 345 severe weather reports.
www.weather.com...

The images of the damage coming in are nothing short of catastrophic.

There are still several tornado warnings in Effect - and the severe weather threat will continue well into tonight.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

iunlimited491

As of 5:55pm EST (4:55pm CST) there have been 76 reports of tornadoes, 229 reports of damaging winds, and 40 reports of large hail today, for a total of 345 severe weather reports.
www.weather.com...

The images of the damage coming in are nothing short of catastrophic.

There are still several tornado warnings in Effect - and the severe weather threat will continue well into tonight.

wow isn't that more than we had all year?
was that 76 all in Illinois?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Here's the real complication to this terrible challenge:

www.weather.com...:1:US

The reason the Midwest saw this deluge of deadly weather patterns had to do with warm and cool air meeting with high winds, it was the set up for the perfect storm.

More importantly is that they find survivors and complete recovery efforts before the temperatures dip back down to the norm. From the 10 day forecast you can see that below freezing temps are projected for evenings and daytime not warming up all that much either for those either injured or homeless.

The financial burden is going to be astronomical. How to help so many people? Donations and the logistics of disaster assistance is going to be complicated.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

the F-4 was in New Minden

Among today's most significant tornado reports: At least 50 mobile homes were destroyed by a tornado in Brookport, Ill., on the Ohio River. Washington, Ill. (near Peoria) sustained major tornado damage as well, and one person died there. An EF-4 tornado has been confirmed in New Minden, Ill., where two people died.

and this F-2

EF-2 tornado damage found by one of our survey teams in and near Coal City Illinois. More to follow. #ilwx

www.weather.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm in Michigan and I was filling up my truck with gas before heading back to my university after a nice weekend at home...

I drove about a mile down the road to the nearest gas station to fill up and I could barely see anything with the severe rain which was making me a little nervous about getting on the highway for a 3 hour trip but my ego told me I could do it. Well, as soon as I got to the gas station, I stepped out of my truck, grabbed the gas pump and all of the sudden lightning lit up the night sky and struck the power line not more than 20 yards away from me and blew it up. It sounded like a bomb going off and sparks were flying everywhere. I jumped, set the gas pump down, got back in my truck and headed straight home.

While driving home (which is only 1 mile from the gas station) another bolt of lightning struck a second power line and blew it up. Sparks were flying everywhere and it looked like something right out of a movie. It was chaotic with people slamming on their brakes and freaking out.

Now we're getting 70mph winds.

I think it's safe to say i'm just going to stay home for the night and leave for school first thing in the morning haha
edit on 17-11-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh God, my heart goes out to this special member... it was hard to be discussing the incoming storms and then not hear back from certain members. I was trying to touch base with everyone who was on this thread and in the path of the storms, but anyone else is welcome to help contact them either here or by u2u to find out if they are ok and to let them know we do care and are here in support.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
At least 138 Tornado Warnings have been issued so far today ..

Yes it's not over ..

Latest ..

radar.weather.gov...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Honestabe28

Oh God, your story broke my heart, I cant imagine what you went through. You were NOT supposed to be away or driving through this alone. Bless you honey.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

antar

Oh God, my heart goes out to this special member... it was hard to be discussing the incoming storms and then not hear back from certain members. I was trying to touch base with everyone who was on this thread and in the path of the storms, but anyone else is welcome to help contact them either here or by u2u to find out if they are ok and to let them know we do care and are here in support. [/quote

yes, was just looking at that new weather channel video of Washington
mercy

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I didn't even know about new miden

I wonder what tomorrow will bring

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

jhn7537

I'm just south of Chicago right in the "danger" zone for the storm, I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes once it intensifies (I believe around 12:30-1pm CST).... Hopefully, there are no tornado touchdowns... Be safe everyone!

Let us hear from you, hope all is well tonight.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My comp is acting up again, will check back later, love and light to everyone. Stay on top of it friends, this is going to be a bad night.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for thinking of us!

Other than property damage, we are fine.

Wish I could help others, but the police wont let us.

Wind is still whipping but the full moon is giving us light. That helps!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

jhn7537
Have they determined the Washington, IL tornado yet? F3, F4, F5?? I haven't read anything yet.

News reported F4 just a few minutes ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join