It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

crazyewok
Could you enlighten me? As not all up to date with passed US law so be intresting to see. Honnest request. I know goverments replace good systems with crap ones all the time so if you had a good system before be intresting to see how down hill it went.

Checking up on U.S. laws is a daunting, mind numbing, and aggravating task. I actually blame lawyers for this as it suits them and expands their practice. If there is one evil in this world...it's lawyers. 99% of them make the 1% look bad.

There is no way I could really summarize all the laws that contradict previous laws. But we do see it all the time in courts.

There are all sorts of ways of achieving accountability. But all too often people see it as a means of limiting those who are on disability/welfare/EBT and their freedoms.

As far as I am concerned, if someone is getting handouts/hand-ups, they should be checked on from time to time. There are way too many scammers out there. We see that almost daily as well.

Yes, a bad apple does ruin the bushel.

edit on 21-11-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

crazyewok

Actually yes you do, your first amendemnt of the constitution you hold so dear says so.
No you dont have to like or agree with what I say.
But you sure as well got to accept my right to say it

No, again, your lack of understanding is amazing.
I don't have to accept others. I am guaranteed the right to hate people if I wish.
Oh, and it applies to the Govt towards the people. Not people to people.

crazyewok
Tell that to the disabled person who gets tossed into the streets starving, im sure they will 100% agree with you.

I sure will.
To the homeless guy begging for money at the offramp "Hey, I have the freedoms as defined by our Constitution".

crazyewok
Funny I know alot of Americans, 90% I have meet agree with SOME safety net, hell even many tea partier I meet.

Nice, so, your relationship driven perception is reality then. How fantastic.
I know a guy that knows a guy that said...........

crazyewok
So your American Freedoms do seem to differ from person to person, I guess that why you have a congress that can make laws and even amend the constitution under extreme circumstances! I mean shock horror you banned slaverly!!!!! Surely that undermined the founding principles of your country when founded!

Actually, if you really understood our documents, that wouldn't be an attempted defense on your part.
They can amend, but it requires certain actions and criteria. Or, the Federal Govt can just create policies that circumvent this, to you know......"help" everyone.

crazyewok
I dont see welafre mention at all. Nor do I beleive was slavery as it was left to a state level descion yet they still changed it! Guess if enough people agree changes can be made

Again, no real world understanding.
Welfare is not in the original construct, so the correct process to perform such an action, on the Federal level, was not adhered to.
Slavery was a compromised item in the creation of the United States.

crazyewok
Well get cracking you have a campaign to start! Cant have those lazy evil sick people takeing anymore money

Okay then.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So, now I have to provide a solution. Did you get your talking points from the 0bama newsletter?

And I do love the old tired retort that if it weren't for welfare, crime would ensue, because after all, those people can't earn their money. They must turn to crime.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

macman
get your talking points from the 0bama newsletter?

O look how cute, cause im defending help for the disabled it thinks im a obama supporter.

awwwwww

Sorry little guy but your out of luck, no obama love from me.
edit on 21-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

macman

No, again, your lack of understanding is amazing.
I don't have to accept others. I am guaranteed the right to hate people if I wish.
Oh, and it applies to the Govt towards the people. Not people to people.

So freedom of speech is only allowed within the confines of what you say it is?

That inst very free now is it?

Never said you had to like what I say or agree with, just accept my right to say it, unless you think people who claim that there should be support for the vunrable should be thrown into jail....haha...ok Freedom is what you define it, disabled can starve but people are here by banned from saying anything counter to the opinions of DIE FUHER Maceman.... ok.......then

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Then maybe you should revisit how you defend your stances. Seems that you and he share the statements.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Oh, when have I stated US Citizens don't have the right to speak their mind?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

macman

Then maybe you should revisit how you defend your stances. Seems that you and he share the statements.

Sorry but just cause you agree with someone on one or two points doesnt mean you have to support them or like them overall.

Same with just becaue you disagree with you on one or two points doesnt mean you have to disgaree with someone overall or hate them.

See thats the funny thing. If I was American and lived in Kentucky I would most likley support Rand Paul haha yeah there are a few things of his im not a fan of but I agree with most of what he says.....bit of a shocker right?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

macman
US Citizens

O thats right only the supeiror USA are allowed too, ok then. Maybe you should send a drone strike to kill me for dareing to speak above my lowley non US station?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Checking up on U.S. laws is a daunting, mind numbing, and aggravating task. I actually blame lawyers for this as it suits them and expands their practice. If there is one evil in this world...it's lawyers. 99% of them make the 1% look bad.

Dont feel to bad its like that in every country. And the sad thing is its the lawyers that end up politicans....go figure

TDawgRex

There are all sorts of ways of achieving accountability. But all too often people see it as a means of limiting those who are on disability/welfare/EBT and their freedoms.

This is what im most intrested in. Im not for stopping welfare but im am for finding a better way for accountability. Singapore has a good away i think, they madate that everyone working has to put aside cash for there own future healthcare, unemployment and pensions. Only the real welfare goes to the real disadvantaged and even then its mostly given under the conditions they pull there act together and get some education. Hongkong as a similear system and both counrys as a result have some of thbe lowest taxes in the world. Yet poverty and and unhappness are much lower that the USA or UK, so they are doing something right.

TDawgRex
As far as I am concerned, if someone is getting handouts/hand-ups, they should be checked on from time to time. There are way too many scammers out there. We see that almost daily as well.

I agree, close tabs need to be kept and scammers stamped down on with the fullest extent of the law. Hell Id wack scammers with a 50% life long tax haha
And there should be programs to try and help thoseu with disablity find suitable work, sad fact is many would love to work but there so few employeer that will take someone on that may be off sick 50% of the time, so maybe some sort on insentive or even employ them within the goverment, rather than employ a uni intern to count paper clips and photocopy get a part time diasabled person to do it, I mean they cant make it any more ineffcient right ? haha[

See I think me and you may be on somewhat similar lines.....

I want to protect the vulnerable but with minimal interference . It can be done but both our countrys seem to be going the wrong way with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yeah, except you miss the large point of Libertarians not wanting the Govt to be in charge of such things.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yeah, okay then.

The US Constitution doesn't extend out to you. Sorry about that.

But, will you answer the question, instead of deflecting?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

macman

Yeah, except you miss the large point of Libertarians not wanting the Govt to be in charge of such things.

Your missing the point.
As I said just becuase I agree with some or most things doesnt mean I have to agree with all.
.......................................................................................................
Read that above very carefully. Thats the big key.
.......................................................................................................
You see I think for myself, I dont let "progresives" or " Libertarians" tell me what to think. I have my own opinions, morals and values. I most likley agree with 90% what Libertarians say, but on this matter I dont.

I think the Govt should have a minimal welfare or have minimal interferance with it.

Im open to other ways of doing things, as long as the sick and vulnrable are cared for. If there is a non goverment way to do its thats more efficiant and effective then I would go with it. The US and UK system is not the best system and they are expensive (if you take all welfare into account) and cumbersome, so far I like the singapore/Hongkong systems as they are cheap effceive and allow some of the lowest taxes in the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I agree. I, me, Macman....feel the need to help others. But.....I do it on my own accord. I don't need the Govt to steal from me to give to others. Nor do I need nor want the Govt to steal from others to give to me.

I help when I can and with what I can. It is my own personal decision.
Not one to be made for me.

I agree.

I think the only reason people don't give to charity very much or as much is because they think the government takes care of people in need. While, in reality, they don't. Certainly not like people think... I know I was shocked to realize that our tax money, instead of helping people who needed a hand in a bad time, was simply supporting a portion of our population to keep them from entering the work force or some other reason I cannot figure out...

But you are correct, I have given a lot of thought to all the things you said... and I am with you on this...our giving should be our choice as to when and how much and even in what manner... its our money, therefore it should be our choice.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hard and getting harder for many...

Just left the grocery and watched a young Hispanic girl with three little kids (all in the cart as to ages) picking up bread and milk.She put back a lot she picked up...THEN I saw her stick a bag of sugary- cookies into her purse, open them, and proceed to give the kids cookies to eat while walking around.

She was eating them too and yes, she was overweight.

A banana would have been better.Does she even know that???

I have no idea if she paid for the cookies or not but here my take: part of the problem is that people don't know how or want ot take the time to learn to cook.

They want fast and tasty! Do some even know what is "good" anymore? I'm willing to bet she did not.

You can do a LOT with some lean cuts of meat, some egg noodles or rice and a crockpot! You can do a lot with kale and/or other greens a bit of ground meat (or not) white beans and veggies in a stew or soup!

I only go out once a week to eat, usually for ethnic food and DO cook all this time even though I'm very fortunate to be able to buy groceries that I want to eat. I do it because I'm pro-active about my health.

I can take a turkey at $1.66 a pound and make at least 4 or 5 different healthy meals out of it, plus turkey rice soup from the carcass!

Point is, I think that some of what is "missing" is eductaing people about how to eat, shop for groceries, and cook nutritious and cost-effective meals? Learning how to "stretch" your food budget no matter how much it is might be makes some kind of sense to me...I would think anyone who WANTS to be healthier and have good food would WANT to? Hmmmmm.....

Not the BS Michelle Obama and her minions spew but rather people who volunteer or demo HOW to make meals like soups and stews, chilis and shepard pies...damn...I can make a pie for pennies because I make the crust myself, I'd never buy one!

The problems are always easier to rely on than the solutions it seems...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

But you are correct, I have given a lot of thought to all the things you said... and I am with you on this...our giving should be our choice as to when and how much and even in what manner... its our money, therefore it should be our choice.

But what if not enough is given and to the right area?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

And you kind of miss the huge point that the Libertarian platform is based upon certain things. Govt run welfare is not one of them.

So.......................

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

I think the only reason people don't give to charity very much or as much is because they think the government takes care of people in need. While, in reality, they don't.

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

macman

And you kind of miss the huge point that the Libertarian platform is based upon certain things. Govt run welfare is not one of them.

So.......................

So I have to agree with 100% everything they say?

Im not allowed the freedom to disagree with some points?

Haha yeah ok......

Again with the all or nothing extreme views, no inbetweens or deviation with you.

That why you will never get even part your way. Cause most people are moderate, hell even im to right wing for some. So instead of someone like me who could gain SOME support and maybe slash your taxes in half and shake up the welfare system to make it harder to get on and less vunrable to scamming, you instead will continue to get clowns like Bush and Obama.........Ok live in your fantasy land.

As I said if there is away to cut the govemnet out 100% in welfare distribution Im all ears, BUT until a good system for that comes along Im looking at how to mimimise goverment involvement in it and make it cost effective and hard to scam (like the singapore system). I take it your ok with a police force and militray or firebrigade right?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

By all means, go ahead. You just are not within the aspects of the Libertarian ideals. You have fallen prey to the Progressive side of the house.

edit on 21-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join