It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I think that California, as well as Florida, are windows into the future for the rest of the nation. They are where this type of thinking and programming is the most advanced and embedded. My opinion is that they are the testing ground for different areas of further government control.

Learning from where they are failing would be a better idea than causing their failure even more quickly.

That said, even Californians are notoriously tired of California. They are everywhere now. Some might even be your friends! They tend to obscure their origin.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
get them over there... cut them all off... and watch their liberal violence destroy themselves.

...a purge if you will

it would be interesting none the less if it did happen, the separation... and then the cut off.

would they join together and form civility and society?

Cali is has alot of resources to sustain this endeavor.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I do not mind the immigrants... they have different values, specially the ones from south america.

tear down that wall, and build it around the state of California!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Funny thing maceman.

You get all upset if someone proposes a higher tax for the rich totake the burden off me and you ( not that welfare for the sick is that big of a bill) .

But sure as they are not you why should you care? Therich are not your responsibilty right?

Yet you champiogn there rights.
You are willing to cut the sick and vunrable who have no hope to take care of themselfs adrift to die a early and preventable death.

Yet you vehmently protect the rich who can take care of themselfs.

Talk about screwed up prioritys. One should look to protect the sick and weak first. Let the strong stand there own ground.

Sorry but if 100% freedom means letting the weak die in a gutter i dont want any part of it. Id settle with 99% freedom.

If a rich guy has to settle with a 100ft yacht rather than a 200ft yacht or lambagini instead of a veyron so that a sick or dieing human can have a roof over there heads and food in there stomachs or to die with dignity. So be it i can live with that and sleep soundly at night!

edit on 20-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

crazyewok
Funny thing maceman.

You get all upset if someone proposes a higher tax for the rich totake the burden off me and you ( not that welfare for the sick is that big of a bill) .

Oh, so I haven't continually stated I want lower taxes for all. And I haven't stated that I want a flat tax, on everyone, with no write-offs for anyone???????

crazyewok
But sure as they are not you why should you care? Therich are not your responsibilty right?

See above and then rethink your statement.

crazyewok
Yet you champiogn there rights.

Now 2 spaces above and rethink.

crazyewok
You are willing to cut the sick and vunrable who have no hope to take care of themselfs adrift to die a early and preventable death.

So....the cutting of Govt funding automatically means people will die????
And I thought the end of the world people were apocalyptic in nature.

crazyewok
Yet you vehmently protect the rich who can take care of themselfs.

Go back to the top......again.

crazyewok
Talk about screwed up prioritys. One should look to protect the sick and weak first. Let the strong stand there own ground.

Again, back up.

crazyewok
Sorry but if 100% freedom means letting the weak die in a gutter i dont want any part of it. Id settle with 99% freedom.

Spoken like a true Progressive. That is about eh most cowardice thing I have ever read.

crazyewok
If a rich guy has to settle with a 100ft yacht rather than a 200ft yacht or lambagini instead of a veyron so that a sick or dieing human can have a roof over there heads and food in there stomachs or to die with dignity. So be it i can live with that and sleep soundly at night!

So, you get to decide for others. Tyranny is what that is called.
Spread the wealth around and many other theories come to light. So, in a nut shell, you open vie for the Govt to take from some, to give to others.

Freedom has got to be the most foreign idea you have ever heard of.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

macman

Oh, so I haven't continually stated I want lower taxes for all. And I haven't stated that I want a flat tax, on everyone, with no write-offs for anyone???????

But high would that flat tax be? Would it pay for a super over the top military or for the sick and ill?

macman

Spoken like a true Progressive. That is about eh most cowardice thing I have ever read.

Funny I agree with most things you say. Less regulation on business, less laws that dictate our life’s, low surveillance, less interfering with foreign affairs ect

But I disagree with you on ONE thing, ONE and that is for a safety net for the truly needy.
And I’m automatically a progressive

Sorry but there is a spectrum. Cold hearted gits at one end that would see people suffer and soppy libral fools at the other that would bring us all down due to stupidity. Im in the center. (well center right).

You call always tell when someone is of low intelligence they can only think in extremes, no in-between and no difference in opinion is allowed.

macman
So, you get to decide for others. Tyranny is what that is called.

Get real. Tyranny is if I started makeing rules on what one can earn or started overburdening people with mountins or regulations or if we are talking extremes NAZI germany and soviet russia.

Takeing a few dollers off someone who can easly afford to make sure one who finds themselfs in a terrible circumstance has food in there bellies and a roof over there head is not tyranny.

Im pretty well off now. AndI pay my NI tax (thats the tax we pay into the welfare system in the UK) with pride. I dont view it as a burden or a unfair distribution of welf, I view it as a duty.

macman
Spread the wealth around

This is not about wealth distrabution. It about makeing sure people dont die needlessly from starvation or disease .

macman
Freedom has got to be the most foreign idea you have ever heard of.

Again more thinking in extremes.

See there are diffrent degree of freedom. Not all appeal to everyone. I draw the line at freedom when it starts to kill people.

macman

So....the cutting of Govt funding automatically means people will die????
And I thought the end of the world people were apocalyptic in nature.

So what would your solution be? O yeah that right "NOT YOUR RESPOSIBLITY".
So then if everyone has that view and this is no viable solution what do you think will happen? They get lolly pop and go to gum tree land?
Get real. No they will end up loseing there homes and starving as no money will come in.
Not everyone has family
Not everyone can get charity money
Not everyone has a high IQ or skill they can use to get round a disablity.
Some people are truely to ill to work and have no alternative source of income!
edit on 21-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Another thing about your extrem thinking.

Seeing as there is no "in between" or allow minor diffrences of opinion, with verything set in stone, no debate, no discussion.

Why even bother voteing or haveing a congress? I mean if there is no such thing as changing times and circumstances and all social issues are already set in stone with no leway. And the goverment is not allowed to involve itself with anything. why bother haveing it there? What the point of the 535 members of congress? Surely there jobs are not needed.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

crazyewok

But high would that flat tax be? Would it pay for a super over the top military or for the sick and ill?

It should fund the Govt to how it was constructed. Nothing more, nothing less.

crazyewok
Funny I agree with most things you say. Less regulation on business, less laws that dictate our life’s, low surveillance, less interfering with foreign affairs ect

Yet you continue to push for the Govt to take care of people.

crazyewok
But I disagree with you on ONE thing, ONE and that is for a safety net for the truly needy.
And I’m automatically a progressive

Because we all know that the Govt can't take care of people. It is not in the best interest to "take care" of people. Govt will enslave those they push to "help".

crazyewok
Sorry but there is a spectrum. Cold hearted gits at one end that would see people suffer and soppy libral fools at the other that would bring us all down due to stupidity. Im in the center. (well center right).

And yet I am all for, and participate with personal and at will contributions to helping people.
The Govt has no business in this. The original construct didn't have this.

crazyewok
You call always tell when someone is of low intelligence they can only think in extremes, no in-between and no difference in opinion is allowed.

Me no understand your learn-ed words you talk to me at.
And you can always tell when someone has nothing else and resorts to the 4th grade name calling.

But, me 2 dum 2 noe dis.

crazyewok
Get real. Tyranny is if I started makeing rules on what one can earn or started overburdening people with mountins or regulations or if we are talking extremes NAZI germany and soviet russia.

No, Tyranny is at the basis, someone telling others what they can/can't do, in regards to personal freedoms.
I can't help that you have allowed your personal feelings to sidestep this.

crazyewok
Takeing a few dollers off someone who can easly afford to make sure one who finds themselfs in a terrible circumstance has food in there bellies and a roof over there head is not tyranny.

Yes, yes it is. Again, you have convinced yourself of such things, because is makes you feel good to hear it stated.
Since when do you or the Govt get to determine what is affordable for someone? That is the most elitist and snobbish statement I have heard.

crazyewok
Im pretty well off now. AndI pay my NI tax (thats the tax we pay into the welfare system in the UK) with pride. I dont view it as a burden or a unfair distribution of welf, I view it as a duty.

So, the echoing of the Biden statement that equates paying taxes to being a good citizen.
Seems that WE, the US, had a party somewhere in regards to being taxed. And then a good old revolution.
That is super fantastic that you enjoy and take pride in funding YOUR Govt in all the crap you think is just and right.
Please do make sure that not one person has starved to death in your country though. I would hate to see the look on your face when you realize YOUR Govt has failed to "help" people.

crazyewok
This is not about wealth distrabution. It about makeing sure people dont die needlessly from starvation or disease .

That is exactly what it is. You and/or a group of people deciding someone has enough or too much, and can "afford" to have some taken from them to give to others.
Maybe you need to research such things, instead of allowing your feel good blinders to reshape definitions.

crazyewok

Again more thinking in extremes.

Yep, just an extremist then. Is that supposed to insult me?

crazyewok
See there are diffrent degree of freedom. Not all appeal to everyone. I draw the line at freedom when it starts to kill people.

Ahhhhh, when has freedom killed people???? Probably during the same event that a gun grew legs and starting shooting people on its own.

You trade freedom for fake security, and you are fine with it. Great for you. It is a normal reaction to fear of life, and I understand why you would do it.

crazyewok

So what would your solution be? O yeah that right "NOT YOUR RESPOSIBLITY".

You are correct, in regards to how the Govt should do it.
Funny, as the "War on Poverty" has failed, even with all of the money pumped into it, and all of the programs created. Great job Govt.

crazyewok
So then if everyone has that view and this is no viable solution what do you think will happen? They get lolly pop and go to gum tree land?

You forgot to mention Rainbow barfing Unicorns.

crazyewok
Get real. No they will end up loseing there homes and starving as no money will come in.

Yep, because people are just too dumb to not be able to figure things out on there own. The Govt must do it.

crazyewok
Not everyone has family

So, Daddy Govt is here to help them.

crazyewok
Not everyone can get charity money

So, Sugar Daddy Govt will get it for them.

crazyewok
Not everyone has a high IQ or skill they can use to get round a disablity.

You think pretty lowly of people. For a supposed compassionate person, you sure don't have any faith in those you wish to protect.

crazyewok
Some people are truely to ill to work and have no alternative source of income!

And yet we have covered this.
edit on 21-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Spoken by someone that truly doesn't understand the US, how it was created and the construct of the creation.

There are methods for the changing of laws, which have been bypassed for a while now.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

macman
It should fund the Govt to how it was constructed. Nothing more, nothing less.

I see nothing in your constitution forbiding or encouraging aid. I guess that is a issue your founding fathers left up to the people to decide later on?

macman
Yet you continue to push for the Govt to take care of people.

Only in extreme cases. Who else will? someone has to look out for the sick and vunrable?

macman
Because we all know that the Govt can't take care of people. It is not in the best interest to "take care" of people. Govt will enslave those they push to "help".

Hense why limits need to be set. Plus it is in one best intrests. When people are left to go cold and starve civil unrest normaly follows, unless there is a police state to put such things down. In the USA (and UK) we seem to have both.

macman
And yet I am all for, and participate with personal and at will contributions to helping people.
The Govt has no business in this. The original construct didn't have this.

Read my first point. There nothing for or against it so it seems to be left to the people to decide.

macman
And you can always tell when someone has nothing else and resorts to the 4th grade name calling.

I never insulted you.

I just said people who only think in extremes and cant not comphremend that there are people in the midde are dumb.
Not my fault if that describes you.

macman
No, Tyranny is at the basis, someone telling others what they can/can't do, in regards to personal freedoms.

BS
At some point a goverment has to step in with laws. Or you get lawlessness. It all down to the line you want to draw.

macman
Since when do you or the Govt get to determine what is affordable for someone?

Food in ones bellies and roof over ones head it not hard.

macman
That is the most elitist and snobbish statement I have heard.

Hyperbole
We both know we have heard far worse than me defending a support net for the disabled, seeing as I have defended your points of view on some things.

macman
Seems that WE, the US, had a party somewhere in regards to being taxed. And then a good old revolution.

Diffrence between a tax to fund wars with france and a tax to help the sick and ill not die. Anyway last time I checked my history it was not so much the tax that was the problem but the fact our parliment passed it without consuluting the 13 colonies. "no taxation WITHOUT representation".

macman
That is super fantastic that you enjoy and take pride in funding YOUR Govt in all the crap you think is just and right.

UK welfare is paid for under a seperate tax, the money only goes on the welafre. Wars, EU bum licking and other services are paid for by the income tax, something I dont like paying.

macman
Please do make sure that not one person has starved to death in your country though. I would hate to see the look on your face when you realize YOUR Govt has failed to "help" people.

Better than places in the third world were people drop like flys in there thousands. If you like that sort of thing so much may I suggest somalia? No goverment and 100% freedom? And lots of dead people to cheer you up. I doubt you will ever get your way 100% in the USA so that may be the nearest you will get to your dream country. Hell Im sure you could claim your own plot of land there raise a American flag and call it New America

macman
That is exactly what it is. You and/or a group of people deciding someone has enough or too much, and can "afford" to have some taken from them to give to others.

Someone at some level has to give. Might as well be form the ones who have spare money.

macman
Yep, just an extremist then. Is that supposed to insult me?

No just a fact. You cant seem to comprhend that people may not agree with you 100% yet not be a "progressive". Its all or nothing with you it seems.

macman
Ahhhhh, when has freedom killed people???? Probably during the same event that a gun grew legs and starting shooting people on its own.

When did guns come into this?

macman
You are correct, in regards to how the Govt should do it.

Then who should?
If you say not my responsibilty then you prove my point, if the govt wont do it chances are no one will.

macman
Funny, as the "War on Poverty" has failed, even with all of the money pumped into it, and all of the programs created. Great job Govt.

Not talking the war on poverty or endin. Just provding for the sick and disabled.

macman
Yep, because people are just too dumb to not be able to figure things out on there own. The Govt must do it.

Not to dumb! Too sick to ill. You really dont get it do you? You can just dump a quadraplegic or someone with advanced MS or barin injury in the middle of nowere and say "right figure it out yourself, your fault if you die".

macman
You think pretty lowly of people. For a supposed compassionate person, you sure don't have any faith in those you wish to protect.

Not thinking lowley, thinking realisticaly. Im not talking able bodied unemployed here. Im talking the sick and ill. When getting out of bed and going to the bathroom is the best thing you can acheive in one day or being able to blink your eyes or whatever other debilitating condition you can think of, then yes you cant expect too much from them! I have a IQ of 135, two years ago I could barely keep up with my breathing, not drowning in my own lung fluids was the best I could do for half a year. Yet in your world I would have had to either work (which would have killed me) or begged on the streets (again=death) or hoped a charity would help me in time before I lost my home or starved to death.

edit on 11/21/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed quote tags skewing page/post

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What gives you the right to tell the American people on how we should spend our own hard earned money?
Most of your post is nothing but telling us Americans on how you want us to live, how about you worry about your own countries problems and we will worry about ours.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

thesaneone

What gives you the right to tell the American people on how we should spend our own hard earned money?
Most of your post is nothing but telling us Americans on how you want us to live, how about you worry about your own countries problems and we will worry about ours.

He/She is a Progressive. That's why they think they have ALL the answers, even if they have absolutely no clue as to how life really is.

They just want to redistribute the wealth and have everybody hug and sing Imagine. LOL

Yea, that'll work.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

To me life is all about choice and if I choose to help my fellow man I will and not because I should, but it seems that people like him/her like to spend other peoples money.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

thesaneone

1) International forum
2) Disablity and ill health is a worldwide issue.
3) to annoy you thats why

Some of you should just find a US only forum if you dont like us dirty commie foreigners commenting.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
DP

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

TDawgRex
[

He/She is a Progressive.

O love this.

Again a prime example of extreme thinking with no inbetweens.

Im for small goverment. Freedom of choice ect

Yet cause I support help for the disabled and vunrable Im automatcly a evil "progressive".

Is that what you label everyone who disagree with you?

You most likley think I love Obama and think the ACA is a good idea and want war in syria hahaha
(All of which I dont)

Your just creating a enemy out of me due to your own pathetic insercuritys.
Americans...........

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
DP

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dp

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

TDawgRex

even if they have absolutely no clue as to how life really is.

Yes I do, I knwo there are poeple out there who are truely unable to work due to ill health.

TDawgRex
They just want to redistribute the wealth and have everybody hug and sing Imagine. LOL

Extremes again.

I just want to make sure the most vunrable are taken care of in the more effective way.

Im not talking welfare for the able bodied poor, or the poor/rich gap

Just provdieing for the the disabled and ill.

But you guys just cant seem to grasp that simple fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So is the rest of the world helping the American people who need it or is it just the U.S helping out our own and the rest of the worlds problems?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join