It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

wantsome
reply to post by StallionDuck

I get $45 a week the picture is $38. I needed to save enough for milk and bread.

so you buy Kraft, Knorr, Sarah Lee, Campbell's soups and deluxe gravy, Coke and Pepsi, Starkist, and some olives that are close to $10 for the jar?

being that you have the label turned around we can't see the name of the town in Italy or Greece they came from.

you could have bought 3 times the amount of food if you just bought the store brand... Safeway select isn't it? looking at the potatoes it looks like you shop at Safeway? but that label is reversed too.

it looks to me like you probably eat out most of the time... and are using the food stamp for premium goodies you wouldn't buy with your own money.

a very smart shopper indeed... definitely a man

PS; what's that on the counter in the background? a bag of premium coffee beans or walnuts?

edit on 20-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
American Breast Feeders.... they think they got it so bad.

look how they threat the people they stole the land from in Canada

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

macman
Oh really???
So, the person on Welfare Actually pays into the system?

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. And it is broken.

Oh geez, I guess that my avatar statement is true to form. I am just a Savage. If you would not speak in riddles, and go the plain route, maybe it could be conveyed and understood easier.
I agree with you in the realm of Smaller Govt, Less Taxes.
There is nothing in the laws about Govt being efficient. There are laws in place limiting its powers. The efficiency game is a throw back to the idea that we as people need to be managed. No thanks.
Govt was built to have limited powers.

This is how I talk, deal with it.

Making the government efficient would be limiting its powers. It wouldnt be "managing" people, it would be managing the government. It would be LESS cost to the taxpayer (even in the actually important arenas) and it would have MORE impact to our economy with LESS intrusion into a persons life. I am talking about solutions that foster independence and self-sufficiency as a one time investment, not something that continues endlessly. Since "its not your job" to create solutions or speak about solutions (only complain), then it might be difficult to actually discuss these things productively.

You seem to just want to rant and tirade around about some injustice when there are much worse things happening to your pocket book by the very same government.

Serdgiam
Tax money towards those things is not needed. The Govt has no business in providing such things.

But we are currently spending vast amounts of money on issues that could be solved more cheaply, and with less government intrusion, and without a system that creates dependency and abuse. You are against a solution that would change this? Or are you just against all solutions?

So you move from actually making sense, to this???
When did I say anything remotely towards this??

I dont really expect you to understand at this point.

Probably just best to agree to disagree, as we are incapable of having a productive discussion and continuing to try is a waste of time. All the best to you.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Serdgiam

Probably just best to agree to disagree, as we are incapable of having a productive discussion and continuing to try is a waste of time. All the best to you.

Bye bye then.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

PS; what's that on the counter in the background? a bag of premium coffee beans or walnuts?

That's a bag of tobacco. I know nicotine is addictive, but you can't survive on it. The money spent on that bag would have probably gotten the OP some more food.

Seeing as to how the OP says they have medical problems, stopping smoking would go a long way towards allivating some of them probably.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

TDawgRex
That's a bag of tobacco. I know nicotine is addictive, but you can't survive on it. The money spent on that bag would have probably gotten the OP some more food.

Seeing as to how the OP says they have medical problems, stopping smoking would go a long way towards allivating some of them probably.

That brings up quite a good point, I wonder if we have access to the percentage of government-assisted people who take part in things like smoking tobacco.

That stuff can be grown on your own relatively easily, anyway. Perhaps thats why it might be so common, since it is an expected return back into the government pot (through regulations and taxes).

Its just another thing that fosters dependence, except its one that does it in a literal and physical way.

I honestly feel the best solutions is to provide skill education with the money that is being used, rather than just throw money at the problem. Of course, this goes against the grain of everything our government stands for, so it is unlikely to happen. Especially since the vastly wealthy already make so much money on the constant bubbles and bursts, with so few people actually catching on to the scam.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

TDawgRex

SisyphusRide

humm... I wonder if you can by tobacco on food stamps now? I know they can get hot foods like prepared food and even McDonald's.

I do not disagree there are some people that need assistance, deserving the assistance is another thing. Disabled vets and such deserve to be treated far better than they are... but being the way they are treated as everyone else does prove we are a nation that is not wholly driven on military ambitions as some of the left-wingers claim. Otherwise everybody would want to join you know... if it meant nice cars and free housing.

I would rather be a bum on the street, or joint a church group where we learn why we have compassion and give to the needy, than I would ever to take assistance from my government.... What it means to be American is that you are not dependent on the government or anyone for that matter.

they want better assistance than the government provides... they should go to church!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey op I wish you would come back and answer some questions about some other thread you started in Oct, 26 2009.

It is pretty much the same story but with different excuses I even gave some other examples on the last page about your credibility that I think needs some explaining.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The issue, even there, is the tendency towards abuse that is created by the government systems flows over into the church arena as well.

My family ran a food bank for a bit over a decade. They decided to stop because of the rampant abuse from people. They would do everything from break in and steal everything at night to load up their brand new suburban (it was a bit ago
) with dozens of boxes of food before we could stop them.

When those people were stopped, they would start to make a scene with several even calling the police saying we were trying to steal from them (the irony!).

After lawsuits, constant harassment, and much more, the family decided to help individuals privately. Sadly, with no less abuse, but I think thats due to a discernment problem and an entire culture set up around "mine, mine, mine, its all mine!" We see it on all sides of the coin, regardless of financial status (as we can see in threads like this). Its all intentional, as dependency creates an atmosphere of control in a very direct manner.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the more ignorance you breed... the more money you get.

our system of reward...

California (the Liberal Mecca) Loves You...

please move out of the state of Virginia

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Waste of taxpayer money is a very serious issue right now, at least in my opinion.

However, people tend to generalize and go after the easiest targets for them. The problem is that it is rampant at all levels. The poorest are behaving in the same way as the rich. Only thing left to do is make sure there is nothing in between, and the conflict that ensues will ensure great, great profit for one end, and great, great dependence for the other. All the while, the general attitude and procedures never get looked at.

Its a sad state of affairs, and its weakening our nation (the US). But, as long as there is profit and control in this way, I can only see it getting worse.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I have a cousin that plays the same b.s game as this so called lady and the state of Illinois told her that she was done with abusing the system (state took her kids from her too) and guess where she is going to move?
That's right California.

She claims that she can abuse the system there. This is the definition of P.O.S.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Serdgiam

Waste of taxpayer money is a very serious issue right now, at least in my opinion.

However, people tend to generalize and go after the easiest targets for them. The problem is that it is rampant at all levels. The poorest are behaving in the same way as the rich. Only thing left to do is make sure there is nothing in between, and the conflict that ensues will ensure great, great profit for one end, and great, great dependence for the other. All the while, the general attitude and procedures never get looked at.

Its a sad state of affairs, and its weakening our nation (the US). But, as long as there is profit and control in this way, I can only see it getting worse.

we can see how appreciative they are... it's actually rubbed in the taxpayers face here. I don't know if that happens in Canada or in places in Europe?

I vote we cut them all off unless you are retirement age... current or ex military, or in public service... they would all scramble for Canada very quick and our nation would be better off for it.

I lose around 26% to 27% of my check as it is, and Obama's mandate hasn't even kicked in yet!

my Company is paying this small crew of technicians half cash now... and I am hoping I can convince the bossman to go fully under the table.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I think it points towards a much deeper issue than simple welfare abuse. I used to live near section 8 housing, and I will do everything in my power to avoid it in the future.

I am not sure the solution is to cut everything off, as there are people who not only make use of the assistance, but do so in a well-meaning way. The issue comes in when we look at numbers of legitimate claims vs abuse, and that is a statistic that anyone will "struggle" to find.

I know people throw around the term cloward-piven a lot, but if that isnt what is going on directly, it certainly seem to inspired a lot of government programs currently in play. Everyone I know who has a very legitimate disability has been denied assistance by the government. While people I know with very, very minor issues get it without even so much as having to go through an appeal. We see the same methodology when it concerns illegal citizens, as they receive just as many rights as a legal citizen. Some would even say more, especially when considering cost of immigration, etc.

Our entire system is set up on creating dependency. Everything from assistance programs to "core curriculum" in education systems. It is also set up to create vast amounts of profit off of this same system. The overall ideology is exactly the same as the Industrialist era, where profits were the primary concern at the expense of everything else. Created dependency in the form of coal scrips allowed for even further control.

And yet, we see the same thing today but in a slightly trickier manner. People use their free will to do these things because of the same attitude that wants them controlled. Profit. And who cares who suffers because of it? This same attitude is even seen in some of the people who are against all of this! Its a deeply embedded part of our culture, and I am not sure its going to change.

That would take solutions, and if I have learned anything, its that people would rather complain than give reasonable solutions. I would go so far as to say this is intentional too...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I get paid weekly... and based on how many hours I turn (I am in skilled trade) It is nominally $450 that was removed from my check every friday. I have seen as high as $550 taken from my manual skilled labor last time the other mechanic took a vacation.

I made up to 15 and 20 more labor hours those two weeks... with the vacationing technicians hours/work missed on vehicles being divided up between us 3 remaining techs... I didn't make much more, in fact before the half-cash transition it was not in my best interest financially to pass 43hrs a week... the more I make the more they take.

I honestly believe (because I know others in skilled trade) that most smaller or medium sized businesses that deal in skilled trade would rather just not have their (or most of their) employes exist on their books... it is also in their financial interest now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I have seen a trend towards "under the table" as well.

Which really points to the idea that people feel that their tax money is not seen directly by them in any way, or just that some people are greedy enough that they dont want any of their money going anywhere. Most of the latter, however, also have a team of lawyers to make sure they arent taxed. The smart ones at least.

Welfare abuse is a minimal problem in comparison to the overall picture, but its still part of it. We have a completely outdated infrastructure, poor education, poor healthcare, and many other items where we SHOULD be ranked in the top 3 in the world, but are frequently much further down the list.

This is mostly due, imo, to the rampant abuse of taxpayer money in every form. Things are not set up efficiently, in fact, it is profitable for the corporate government to do the opposite. It allows for much more room to fudge the numbers.

If our tax money were to go to so many things other than personal pocketbooks, I wouldnt have as much of an issue. But, as it stands, the abuse is not limited to welfare. It is much, much, much worse than that. And we can see the effects that has on a nation by looking at the past dozen or so years when it became the most apparent.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Serdgiam
Our entire system is set up on creating dependency.

family planning is obviously a thing of the past... it has actually transformed into something else.

it's very sad to see what the 60's era has done to this nation...

soon they'll all be gone though, and hopefully I will live long enough to experience it.... a nation when the hippies are gone!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am going to start an assistance program in my state... I hope others would follow.

I am going to start buying a fleet of busses and providing free transport to the state of California (ONE WAY) to those on EBT.

it will be a humanitarian endeavor, and they will have to pass checks to prove their status... but it should be easy enough to decide the undesirables.

I will buy 4 busses and provide a free lift once a week on one buss... while the one buss is in transport the other will be heading back.

there will be no free returns, or even tickets for a ride from Cali to Virginia... for fuel reasoning's of course.

--

now if you could imagine it would only take 4 bus loads a month from say 3 states in the union to overwhelm California... even if their response was to start a program themselves (it would be hard to get money from taxpayers for it if it was not mandatory) if they started a return to destination program they would have too many destinations to cover.

Checkmate!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I know California may seem like some far off place that wont effect you at all... But its part of the same system.

That would be like moving the cancer from your liver into your pancreas. The problems still exists, and is still very real. The system that created the issue in the state of Virginia would still be in place, and would still be active. It would be like trying to empty out the ocean one thimble at a time in the middle of a tropical storm.

Ideally, we could come up with a way that fosters independence and self-sufficiency, instead of the inverse system we have right now. We can do this through changing our culture and the way government assistance works, so that is unlikely to happen unless people choose it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Serdgiam

I know California may seem like some far off place that wont effect you at all... But its part of the same system.

That would be like moving the cancer from your liver into your pancreas. The problems still exists, and is still very real. The system that created the issue in the state of Virginia would still be in place, and would still be active. It would be like trying to empty out the ocean one thimble at a time in the middle of a tropical storm.

Ideally, we could come up with a way that fosters independence and self-sufficiency, instead of the inverse system we have right now. We can do this through changing our culture and the way government assistance works, so that is unlikely to happen unless people choose it.

after they are all there they can just start a new nation... or we could use HAARP on the fault line and send them out to sea on their own land mass.

the rest of the union would be like 99% in agreement to lose the state of California as part of the union... Cuba could even have it for all we care.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join