It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lies That Satan Tell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

When Jesus went to the cross he saved us from all the sins of our lives.

What if I don't want to be saved?

Then God will allow you to ignore the pardon, but I dont suggest testing God. The rapture is just around the corner.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by WarminIndy

No you didn't. I didn't even read that part of your post, believe it or not. I saw you make a mistake and I corrected it for your benefit. Apparently, you made the mistake on purpose...so whatever.

Whaaa? I made the mistake in a joke? And you recognize sarcasm....

OK, just to make my point on my prior anti-Aries stance (sarcasm, because I don't believe in horoscopes)

This is today the horoscope for Aries..

Your cultural leanings are accentuated, thanks to your terrific personal energy today -- so get out there and hit up a gallery or make a splash at a concert or some other event. You can do this!

Um, guts, glory RAM? I said in my prior post that it could be in reference to Aries, here's the horoscope for Aries and it kind of goes with what was said...YOU CAN DO IT!!! Gut, glory, Ram.

NAM, simply preempted the horoscope.

Aries Horoscope

Everything is connected, even random ATS comments.....

And here's the one for Leos....

You're pretty flexible most days, and today you're able to bend like a willow. Your great mental energy helps you to change your mind about something big that has been bothering you lately.

Well, advertising for Leos, our horoscope says today that we have great mental energy....maybe you can't see my bending because I am flexible? But what am I about to change my mind on and what is bothering me? I think I have been bothered by randomness, how it all does not make sense, and I have great mental energy.

So if everything is connected, then he was referring to Aries, but the connection came from an innocuous source?

Horoscope for Leo

So still, yays for Leos.

BTW, this was all for fun, and sometimes you need to catch our sarcasm as well. But NAM did preempt the horoscope...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Have you seen the personalities around here? Sometimes, blatant sarcasm turns out to be dead sincerity. Do you know how to respond to sincerity that sounds like sarcasm? It's the beginning of a never-ending cycle that consumes all rationality and leaves behind intellectual ash. It's horrifying.
edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Have you seen the personalities around here? Sometimes, blatant sarcasm turns out to be dead sincerity. Do you know how to respond to sincerity that sounds like sarcasm? It's the beginning of a never-ending cycle that consumes all rationality and leaves behind intellectual ash. It's horrifying.

If you know the punchline already.....

There are times when I am serious and times when I am not, but you have to remember that sarcasm is not well-displayed online, but if you know me and know my random comments or if it seems to be a joke, then it is. Sometimes you have to follow my stream of thought, and that's difficult if you don't know me very well.

I suppose from now on, I will have to give myself a disclaimer in every post.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ever noticed how I use the "/sarcasm"? It means "end of sarcasm", same as the code used to italics or bold on this forum. It helps to clarify my posts. Just a pointer for the customer in digital communication.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Then God will allow you to ignore the pardon, but I dont suggest testing God. The rapture is just around the corner.

I'm an animal. I am subject to animal nature. I have the same biology and instincts as other animals, like dogs and bears and dolphins. I don't feel I should be "pardoned" for my animalistic inheritance. If I'm not supposed to be subject to animal nature, then god dammit, don't design me like an animal!

As such, you may as well persecute a dog for licking its testicles.

Also, no one knows when the rapture is supposed to happen. I believe the phrase is "like a thief in the night". Are you so special that you know something we are specifically told cannot be known?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Ever noticed how I use the "/sarcasm"? It means "end of sarcasm", same as the code used to italics or bold on this forum. It helps to clarify my posts. Just a pointer for the customer in digital communication.

Thank you.

And would you do this \sarcasm for the beginning of sarcasm?

Then use this \sarcasm/ for praise of sarcasm?

But thank you for that tidbit of information, it will be well-used (If I remember to do so).

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Common Lies That Satan Tell

You seem very well acquainted with Satan. Do you have him over for Sunday brunch or something? Seriously though ... there are a few things that Satan told you that are wrong. ...

#6. All religions lead to heaven-Don’t worry all paths lead to heaven, as long as you’re a good person you will make it to heaven. Just coexist.

Saw this here the other day ... Afterinfinity posted it. So here it is again ... HINDU PROVERB ... There are hundreds of paths up the same mountain all leading to the same place, so it doesn't matter which one you take. The only one wasting time is the one running around the mountain telling everyone they are on the wrong path.

SATAN is the one who goes around telling the different religions that they are the only true way to heaven and that everyone else is damned.

#7. You can sin as much as you want as long as you confess on Sunday-Keep living a sinful life and don’t worry about it. As long as you confess your sins to a priest you’re good to go for at least another week!

That's silly. No Christian says that. No atheist says that. Even Satan doesn't say that. Only Jack Chick and other silly sources claim that others say it. I've NEVER heard ANYONE say that. Not once.

#8. Evolution is real so no need to accept Jesus as payment for your sins-Believe me, you are an evolved monkey therefore all religions are false. All of creation happened by accident.

Belief in evolution in no way has to change a persons belief in Jesus. That's ridiculous. A person can believe that God used evolution and believe in Jesus and/or God at the same time. Belief in Adam and Eve, which is impossible, is silly.

#10. People who live in sin will see heaven-yes, even homosexuals and pedophiles will see heaven. As long as you call yourself a Christian you will go to heaven.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Leave 'who goes to heaven' to God to decide. You aren't capable. Neither am I.

#11. The Bible isn’t the inspired word of God-Man wrote the Bible and therefore it can’t be trusted.

The Old Testament is NOT factual and not to be taken literally. Man DID write the bible.
That's just the truth of the matter. It's not SATAN saying anything ... it's just the truth.

edit on 11/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I'm an animal. I am subject to animal nature. I have the same biology and instincts as other animals, like dogs and bears and dolphins. I don't feel I should be "pardoned" for my animalistic inheritance. If I'm not supposed to be subject to animal nature, then god dammit, don't design me like an animal!

As such, you may as well persecute a dog for licking its testicles.

Also, no one knows when the rapture is supposed to happen. I believe the phrase is "like a thief in the night". Are you so special that you know something we are specifically told cannot be known?

Pitbull vs. poodle...

Pitbull vs. cheezeburger kitteh....

Elephant vs. Donkey Kong...

Tarantula vs. Swamp Creature...

Sometimes animals are monsters and sometimes they are cute and cuddly, and sometimes they are imaginary. (OK, get me on the technicality of tarantulas).

What is your animal totem? Do you have an animal spirit guide? Kind of like the ram and lion are for some people. But because I am a Leo, does that make me a lion? Or do I have qualities of a lion?

Do you have animal qualities, like goldfish? If man is the highest of the animals, then why are we exhibiting behavior of those lower classes of animals? Shouldn't we then be higher in action?

If one reduces themselves to simply being an animal, then what kind of animal are they? Man is highest, so then shouldn't man act higher? Man is a strange creature, reduce themselves to animal level, and then say they are the highest, that smacks a little of arrogance.

If the highest act like the lowest and exhibit actions of the lowest, then maybe man is not the highest animal?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If one reduces themselves to simply being an animal, then what kind of animal are they? Man is highest, so then shouldn't man act higher? Man is a strange creature, reduce themselves to animal level, and then say they are the highest, that smacks a little of arrogance.

Looks like you answered your own question.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Saw this here the other day and I don't remember who posted it. So here it is again ... HINDU PROVERB ... There are hundreds of paths up the same mountain all leading to the same place, so it doesn't matter which one you take. The only one wasting time is the one running around the mountain telling everyone they are on the wrong path.

I posted it. Thanks for forgetting who I am.

SATAN is the one who goes around telling the different religions that they are the only true way to heaven and that everyone else is damned.

Mankind is not Satan. Satan doesn't exist except as an anthropomorphized rendition of what we hate/fear in ourselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
I posted it. Thanks for forgetting who I am.

Hey ... I have sjogrens .... I"m allowed brain fog now and then.
But I'll edit my post so to give you credit.
Be happy ... it shows that I read and remembered what you posted.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What is your animal totem? Do you have an animal spirit guide? Kind of like the ram and lion are for some people. But because I am a Leo, does that make me a lion? Or do I have qualities of a lion?

Do you have animal qualities, like goldfish? If man is the highest of the animals, then why are we exhibiting behavior of those lower classes of animals? Shouldn't we then be higher in action?

I've always been a cat person. I have two cats now, and they are a delightful addition to my life. They sleep with me, cuddle and love me and have learned to use their box and not scratch me when I play with them. My totem would be a big cat. I love them all, the tiger, lion, panther etc.

I think that we are to love and tame our inner animal. Our animal should be useful to us as a tamed horse pulls a carriage. It is our challenge to have a healthy relationship with our animal self; like this occulty Tarot card represents!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Looks like you answered your own question.

You are the one who said you are an animal.

If you are an animal and say you have animalistic nature, and therefore you can do anything that animal law dictates, then I suppose then you shouldn't say someone else is wrong for doing something you classify as wrong, if you can't hold the animal accountable.

Let me know how that works out the next time someone breaks into your house, because they were reacting to their predatory nature.

Sharks, they only feed..all the time. They have no moral inhibitions and don't distinguish between babies and old men. So what kind of animal behavior do you, king of the jungle, dictate which animals are not allowed to do certain things? If man is just an animal, and one that is so reduced to just following its animal behavior, then you shouldn't even be thinking about it, you should be out there consuming your neighbors. But here you are, in your den, that is warm, not hibernating, and telling us all that you are an animal.

Why aren't you doing what the animals are doing?

EDIT: And Tarzan was Lord of the Jungle, he kidnapped Jane and she didn't protest after a while..and Cheetah was a little boy!!!

edit on 11/14/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

windword

I've always been a cat person. I have two cats now, and they are a delightful addition to my life. They sleep with me, cuddle and love me and have learned to use their box and not scratch me when I play with them. My totem would be a big cat. I love them all, the tiger, lion, panther etc.

I think that we are to love and tame our inner animal. Our animal should be useful to us as a tamed horse pulls a carriage. It is our challenge to have a healthy relationship with our animal self; like this occulty Tarot card represents!

See, windword gets it. Animal totem...

I don't know what that Tarot card is, who is the lady? Is that supposed to be the individual who is taming their inner Leo?

And Leos are the big cats....but I wouldn't try to cuddle with a lion.

Did you notice, and I posted the link, NAM preempeted the horoscope in his "guts, glory Ram"..and AI thought I was strange because I immediately associated Ram with Aries...sometimes that's how minds work.

What does that say about me in word association if the phrase I see takes me to a spiritual concept? AI saw it as just an advertising slogan, but it carries psychological meaning in that phrase, but I saw the same sentence and it meant something else to me. Isn't that interesting how that happens?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't know what that Tarot card is, who is the lady? Is that supposed to be the individual who is taming their inner Leo?

Tarot cards are meant to invoke a subconscious part of the mind. People can interpret the symbolism in whatever way it is meaningful to them at the time.

I simply see this card as a reflection of the taming of the inner animal spirit by the divine part of us. The lady is you, a teacher, your parent......etc.

edit on 14-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

AfterInfinity

When Jesus went to the cross he saved us from all the sins of our lives.

What if I don't want to be saved?

The rapture? can you tell me where this is said? I thought it was made up by some dude in the 1830s?
edit on 14-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: 80's 30's

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

boymonkey74
The rapture? can you tell me where this is said? I thought it was made up by some dude in the 1830s?

It was made up by failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s.
It's not in scripture. In fact, scripture says just the opposite ...
Instead of the bad being left behind, scripture is very clear that the
bad will be taken out and the good (and meek) will inherit the earth.

But rapture cults get it messed up ....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

"What does that say about me in word association if the phrase I see takes me to a spiritual concept? AI saw it as just an advertising slogan, but it carries psychological meaning in that phrase, but I saw the same sentence and it meant something else to me. Isn't that interesting how that happens?" Quote WII

...that really is interesting...(not)...do you think you do this with most things you read?

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You are the one who said you are an animal.

...Because I am. So are you. So is everyone on this thread.

If you are an animal and say you have animalistic nature, and therefore you can do anything that animal law dictates, then I suppose then you shouldn't say someone else is wrong for doing something you classify as wrong, if you can't hold the animal accountable.

Didn't say that. See how these extremes work? Either we're total animals, or we're not animals. There's no such thing as being an intelligent animal capable of deciding to break the streak once in a while. Or even taking turns. We poop, we sleep, we eat, we have sex, we do all the things animals do because we have the same biology and the same urges. But then...we have higher brain functions. The capacity to ask why. And at that point, we decide it isn't good enough. We decide we don't want to be bound by the rules of nature any more. We decide we're better than nature. And at that point, we stop caring about nature. Start destroying it. Start creating our own system of resources. Computers, cars, gas, electricity...not that that's a bad thing. It's the why that matters. Why will determine how we use those resources and where we go from here. It's not the what that determines the use, the purpose, the fate. It's the why. Asking that question got us here, and asking that question will reveal the footsteps we took to get here. And asking that question is how my eyes opened. We think we're better than nature, better than this world. We think we're special, because we so desperately want to be special. That's what separates us from other animals. And that's what I was getting at.

You want us to hold ourselves accountable? Then let's start with that, shall we?

Let me know how that works out the next time someone breaks into your house, because they were reacting to their predatory nature.

I don't think you understood what I was saying at all. I'll give you a bit to ponder my above response before I take in any more of your...extremist comments.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join