It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lies That Satan Tell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

akushla99
reply to post by WarminIndy

"What does that say about me in word association if the phrase I see takes me to a spiritual concept? AI saw it as just an advertising slogan, but it carries psychological meaning in that phrase, but I saw the same sentence and it meant something else to me. Isn't that interesting how that happens?" Quote WII

...that really is interesting...(not)...do you think you do this with most things you read?

Å99

I do.

I don't know why, I just do.

It's visualization, and I see see things in very visual ways.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

You are the one who said you are an animal.

...Because I am. So are you. So is everyone on this thread.

If you are an animal and say you have animalistic nature, and therefore you can do anything that animal law dictates, then I suppose then you shouldn't say someone else is wrong for doing something you classify as wrong, if you can't hold the animal accountable.

Didn't say that. See how these extremes work? Either we're total animals, or we're not animals. There's no such thing as being an intelligent animal capable of deciding to break the streak once in a while. Or even taking turns. We poop, we sleep, we eat, we have sex, we do all the things animals do because we have the same biology and the same urges. But then...we have higher brain functions. The capacity to ask why. And at that point, we decide it isn't good enough. We decide we don't want to be bound by the rules of nature any more. We decide we're better than nature. And at that point, we stop caring about nature. Start destroying it. Start creating our own system of resources. Computers, cars, gas, electricity...not that that's a bad thing. It's the why that matters. Why will determine how we use those resources and where we go from here. It's not the what that determines the use, the purpose, the fate. It's the why. Asking that question got us here, and asking that question will reveal the footsteps we took to get here. And asking that question is how my eyes opened. We think we're better than nature, better than this world. We think we're special, because we so desperately want to be special. That's what separates us from other animals. And that's what I was getting at.

You want us to hold ourselves accountable? Then let's start with that, shall we?

Let me know how that works out the next time someone breaks into your house, because they were reacting to their predatory nature.

I don't think you understood what I was saying at all. I'll give you a bit to ponder my above response before I take in any more of your...extremist comments.

edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Hence the conundrum

I am not an animal, but since you are an animal, then by all means remain an animal. I won't question your animalistic responses. When you do decide to respond as a human, then I will be glad to converse with you.

But what is extremist about my comment? Am I an extremist human being?

What you are saying is this..don't blame me for my animal behavior, because I am just an animal, but God should not have made me an animal and then get me blamed when I do behave like an animal.

Are you a chimera?

The human part of you loves to be patted on the head, but the animal part of you bites the hand that feeds you?

Explain then, how again do you use your moral compass?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I am not an animal, but since you are an animal, then by all means remain an animal. I won't question your animalistic responses. When you do decide to respond as a human, then I will be glad to converse with you.

: any of a kingdom (Animalia) of living things including many-celled organisms and often many of the single-celled ones (as protozoans) that typically differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, in lacking chlorophyll and the capacity for photosynthesis, in requiring more complex food materials (as proteins), in being organized to a greater degree of complexity, and in having the capacity for spontaneous movement and rapid motor responses to stimulation

Does the above definition not apply to us both? But since you're not in the market for fact-based discussion, I guess I'll leave you to it. Not only have you failed to grasp my previous points, your response indicates you don't want to talk to an animal like me.

Sayonara.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

"What does that say about me in word association if the phrase I see takes me to a spiritual concept? AI saw it as just an advertising slogan, but it carries psychological meaning in that phrase, but I saw the same sentence and it meant something else to me. Isn't that interesting how that happens?" Quote WII

...that really is interesting...(not)...do you think you do this with most things you read?

Å99

I do.

Already noted...and that 'visual' understanding is not exempt from misinterpretation...dissonance...or the other way around...pareidolia is not reserved for visual stimulation...

So...'common lies' yada yada yada...
Satan...yada yada yada...

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

AfterInfinitySo how about it? Has God become Lucifer?

I'd say yeah. Almost everything is ass backwards these days. The whole "forgiveness" thing is just weird to me. Do what ever you want, i'll forgive you on Sunday.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I don't believe Warm ever said anything about believing in Satan. I could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't believe Warm ever said anything about believing in Satan. I could be wrong though.

I like to generally stay 'on-topic'...if a poster I respond to wants to attribute anything I did not openly and specifically state in my post...I have proven exactly what I am saying, in the post to which you responded...

We all do it...it's not that hard to do...

Å99
edit on 14-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I don't think I did. You connected one idea with another, and I questioned the validity of your implies correlation. Now if we're finished with this useless banter, I'd like to get back to some interesting discussion. Which this isn't.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't think I did. You connected one idea with another, and I questioned the validity of your implies correlation. Now if we're finished with this useless banter, I'd like to get back to some interesting discussion. Which this isn't.

...who said that my response had anything to do with you?...and who thought that?

Chill...

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Welp, this thread clearly went places. Not prodigious or inspiring places, but places.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

akushla99

WarminIndy

akushla99

Å99

I do.

Already noted...and that 'visual' understanding is not exempt from misinterpretation...dissonance...or the other way around...pareidolia is not reserved for visual stimulation...

Å99

Yes, that is right, just because I see something in a visual manner, does not necessarily mean it is true or not, but if it is relatable, then that is something different.

I visualize something in what someone says, and then relate it to myself or the comment I read. But that comes from my worldview, of what makes it relate.

Which is why I related the ad slogan in a different way, not because I saw Dodge trucks in my mind, but Aries. But then computer programmers would see RAM and to them it relates to memory. And then we can make all kinds of jokes about computers, because it relates to the world we live in.

AI lives in a very solid world, so he related to a solid object. He relates to the tangibility of things. There is nothing wrong with that. I live in a tangible world, one that I am not fully tangible because of empty space, and I have known the supernatural, one beyond explainable tangibility, so therefore, I related from that perspective.

There should be nothing wrong in my response either, but not everything is tangible.
edit on 11/14/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

WarminIndy

akushla99

Å99

I do.

Å99

Yes, that is right, just because I see something in a visual manner, does not necessarily mean it is true or not, but if it is relatable, then that is something different.

I visualize something in what someone says, and then relate it to myself or the comment I read. But that comes from my worldview, of what makes it relate.

Which is why I related the ad slogan in a different way, not because I saw Dodge trucks in my mind, but Aries. But then computer programmers would see RAM and to them it relates to memory. And then we can make all kinds of jokes about computers, because it relates to the world we live in.

AI lives in a very solid world, so he related to a solid object. He relates to the tangibility of things. There is nothing wrong with that. I live in a tangible world, one that I am not fully tangible because of empty space, and I have known the supernatural, one beyond explainable tangibility, so therefore, I related from that perspective.

There should be nothing wrong in my response either, but not everything is tangible.

But there isn't...I didn't say there was anything wrong with it...it's just what that grey thing inside the bony thing does...interpret, interpolate, make 'corrections'...sublimate...I never said anyone was exempt from this...

Common lies...yada yada yada
Satan...yada yad yada

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

akushla99

But there isn't...I didn't say there was anything wrong with it...it's just what that grey thing inside the bony thing does...interpret, interpolate, make 'corrections'...sublimate...I never said anyone was exempt from this...

Common lies...yada yada yada
Satan...yada yad yada

Å99

Which is why a meeting of the minds usually ends up in a bad place...so let's brainstorm and come up with a general consensus for this project.

Are two heads better than one?

If we all have a general consensus that satan does not exist, does that mean he does not exist?

But I'm not a believer in some red suited guy with a pitchfork, skewing people like pigs in an Hawaiian luau. I do believe there is evil out there, and sometimes this evil can take on forms, and if I believe in the good, I also believe there is a bad.

But to me, God is not human, so no spiritual entity can be human. Satan is not something I perceive as having a body. Others might, but Satan originally meant "adversary", so there must be an adversary to mankind, but it's not corporeal. Other people might be adversaries of each other, but it is what drives them to be that.

There is some being, entity or force out there that all evil is concentrated into, and one may say it is negative energy, but it is not what the energy is, it is what the energy does, with an intelligence. And that's what I know is out there. But some pithy red suited guy?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Which is why a meeting of the minds usually ends up in a bad place...so let's brainstorm and come up with a general consensus for this project. Are two heads better than one? Quote WII

Most definitely if they agree...

...but if all 'heads' come from the same manufacturer, there should be very easy ways to resolve a consensual position...what do you propose?...retro-fitted free will mechanisms that make us all agree?...that would be unintelligent...and would never come from an Almighty intelligence...the machinery is the machinery...people seem to 'deal with it' in completely different ways...

A general consensus...that people deal with 'stuff' in completely different ways...

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Read signature!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcooler

I'd almost forgotten about this one...

"Some say that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist. The more insightful suggest that the greatest trick mankind ever pulled was convincing itself that all of its dirtiest aspects were embodied in a physical spirit that exists outside the body, thereby removing all responsibility for fate and flaw." - Me

Wrote that one a while ago. Over a year ago, actually.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

akushla99
Which is why a meeting of the minds usually ends up in a bad place...so let's brainstorm and come up with a general consensus for this project. Are two heads better than one? Quote WII

...but if all 'heads' come from the same manufacturer, there should be very easy ways to resolve a consensual position...what do you propose?...retro-fitted free will mechanisms that make us all agree?...that would be unintelligent...and would never come from an Almighty intelligence...the machinery is the machinery...people seem to 'deal with it' in completely different ways...

A general consensus...that people deal with 'stuff' in completely different ways...

Å99

Would artificial intelligence count in the equation?

What if one day the general consensus for humans came from the decisions of robots or cyborgs with artificial intelligence? Would humans agree or not to their general consensus?

A lot of people like movie references, so here goes ,I,Robot, if robots are designed not to hurt humans, then is that their intelligence derived from their own mental processes? But humans have been built with the ability to process mentally, but it is artificial if we are simply machinery ourselves?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

Å99

Would artificial intelligence count in the equation?

What if one day the general consensus for humans came from the decisions of robots or cyborgs with artificial intelligence? Would humans agree or not to their general consensus?

A lot of people like movie references, so here goes ,I,Robot, if robots are designed not to hurt humans, then is that their intelligence derived from their own mental processes? But humans have been built with the ability to process mentally, but it is artificial if we are simply machinery ourselves?

Surely we don't need an artificial intelligence to tell us how to behave...do we?

...but/and if units think they need 'evil' artificial intelligences to balance the 'good' artificial intelligences...that's thier bag...they can carry it...just don't be expecting other people to carry it round for them...

We ain't no stinkin' robots!

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We ain't no stinkin' robots!

Robot comes from the word "robotnik" which means slave. Who do we know that defers to master and servant relationships as the paragon of existence?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Passively enslaved as perpetual consumption machines!

If i find a way in this short life span that brings me happiness and peace at the expense of no one
and i choose to call my inner Nemeses satan,lucifer, or whatever makes me feel comfortable
and i choose to call my inner peace God,muhammad,buddha, or whatever makes me feel comfortable
and whenever i come into contact with other fellow humans i have a hope that we always go our separate ways coming away from the encounter better off then before we encountered one another
Then who am i to question what makes another happy given that what makes them happy dose not infringe on my happiness!

The original title to this thread should have been Humans the lies we tell ourselves

To the OP great thread!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join