It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lies That Satan Tell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I actually have, and have read most of, The Screw Tape Letters. I agree that it's a great commentary on how that side would think but it actually lays bare some faults on both sides of the fence.

C.S. Lewis may have been a bible thumper but he was also able to be an honest critic of his own faith at times.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

#1. I don’t exist-I’m just a Christian myth, even though Hollywood and TPTB openly worship me and the streets of Washington D.C. are laid out in a Satanic pentagram, I don’t exist. No reason to keep your guards up or learn how to arm yourself spiritually to combat my attempts to ruin you since I’m not real anyway.
#2. Hell is where all the cool trendy fun people will go-You don’t want to go to heaven it’s too boring. You would have so much more fun in hell, you can do whatever you want!
#3. Jesus never even existed, and if he did he was just a liar-The only record of Jesus even being alive is in the bible! He didn’t even really exist, he’s a myth too.
#4. I came to free you from that “evil” God-I came to bring man knowledge and enlightenment and technology. Trust me, I will set you free while God only wants you to be a slave.
#5. You can be a God yourself-Follow me and I can show you how be a God yourself.
#6. All religions lead to heaven-Don’t worry all paths lead to heaven, as long as you’re a good person you will make it to heaven. Just coexist.
#7. You can sin as much as you want as long as you confess on Sunday-Keep living a sinful life and don’t worry about it. As long as you confess your sins to a priest you’re good to go for at least another week!
#8. Evolution is real so no need to accept Jesus as payment for your sins-Believe me, you are an evolved monkey therefore all religions are false. All of creation happened by accident.
#9. It’s not murder as long as the baby is still in the womb-As long as the baby hasn’t been born yet it’s not murder, don’t worry about it.
#10. People who live in sin will see heaven-yes, even homosexuals and pedophiles will see heaven. As long as you call yourself a Christian you will go to heaven.
#11. The Bible isn’t the inspired word of God-Man wrote the Bible and therefore it can’t be trusted.

OP,
I have to say I thought this was an absolutely wonderful post. However, when I got to point #10 my whole opinion changed. This rest of the post was great, but that one point did our religion a huge disservice. Satan has told you a lie, and you told it to the world friend.

... let’s clarify a few points. Living a homosexual lifestyle is living in sin. Both Old and New Testaments make that clear. But all believers are sinners, and we’re all living in sin of some kind. Half of us who’ve been married have also been divorced. The percentage of Christian women who’ve had abortions is the same as for non-believers. Many of us have sins we simply cannot stop committing. (These are sometimes called besetting sins.) Some don’t really want to stop committing these sins, but many have “cried out to the Lord in sack cloth and ashes” for deliverance and still can’t stop.

This is not a new phenomenon. Some of the great heroes of the Bible had sin problems they couldn’t control. Moses had trouble with his temper, David had a weakness for women, and we’ll get to Paul in a minute.

Do not believe the concept of besetting sins are Biblical?

Romans 7:14-25
We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Romans 8:1. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

When Jesus went to the cross he saved us from all the sins of our lives.

Col.2
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

That means past, present, and future, from the very first to the very last. This is one of the things that makes the New Covenant so much better than the Old. Every year on Yom Kippur, Israel’s past sins were atoned for and the slate was wiped clean. But they immediately began sinning again and so the next year they had to do it all over, and the year after that and the year after that, and so on. That’s because it’s impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sin (Hebr. 10:3-4)

But Jesus offered one sacrifice for all time, past, present, and future. If you’re born again, every sin of your life has been identified and atonement has been made. That’s what Jesus meant when He said, “It is finished.” (John 19:30) All that’s left is for you to accept and believe.

Jesus came to be one everlasting sacrifice friend, and it is not up to you to decide who gets in the Bible makes that absolutely clear. Friend it is imperative that you understand you are no better than a pedophile in God's eyes.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

In fact the Bible says to exclude someone else from heaven is to exclude yourself.

Matt. 7
7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

What is the measure you are using to decline them acceptance into heaven? You are saying that because they broke one point of the law you chose not to break, however you have broke one point of the law so you are just as guilty as they friend.

God loves you and I love you as a brother or sister in Christ, but please retract that statement. Satan told you that lie to make people who struggle with that sin run from God. If you are a Homosexual please do not let the Biblical ignorance hide you from the Spirit of Truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by WarminIndy

I honestly don't know what you might have said that you think I'd be upset about. I was just whining to NewAgeMan about the fallacy of connecting horns with Satan but neither of you said anything jerk-like.

If you are proactively apologizing for something you are about to say, then I say thanks.

Awww, but no, I am not about to say anything in future tense.

I think the association came from this..in the Middle-Ages and Rennaissance, artists created statutes of Moses from a misinterpretation of the Bible verse of where they saw what they described as light coming from his head, and since the sculptors trying to represent this, made it look like horns. And when they associated horns with Moses and therefore Jews, began to say Jews had horns. And since they thought Jews were evil, began associating horns with Satan.

That was a common slander against the Jews for a very long time, that they were evil and it was expressed by horns. You see this same slander against them in propaganda artwork even during Nazi Germany. When I first met my Conservative Jewish friend, her mother told me that contrary to what I might have heard, they do not have horns on their head. But the artwork of the Middle Ages and Dante's Inferno led people to that. Dante's Inferno is really some story.

The concept of the fiery hell began with Dante's Inferno. And Dante really put a lot of people there. But no one can look at the Renaissance and not mention the Borgia Family. They were very wicked people, and yet one of them became a pope. Back in those days, influence was everything, and the Borgia Family had it going on.

When different cities with churches began to war with each other, they accused each other of being Satan. So the imagery in the churches reflected that. That is just a few ways the image of the Satan with horns came about. But there were also those who believed in Baphomet, and still signal the Cornutta. I think that is how it is spelled.

PS, you know I didn't learn this from Wikipedia, as another poster suggested.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
#1. I don’t exist-I’m just a Christian myth, even though Hollywood and TPTB openly worship me and the streets of Washington D.C. are laid out in a Satanic pentagram, I don’t exist. No reason to keep your guards up or learn how to arm yourself spiritually to combat my attempts to ruin you since I’m not real anyway.

#2. Hell is where all the cool trendy fun people will go-You don’t want to go to heaven it’s too boring. You would have so much more fun in hell, you can do whatever you want!

#3. Jesus never even existed, and if he did he was just a liar-The only record of Jesus even being alive is in the bible! He didn’t even really exist, he’s a myth too.

#4. I came to free you from that “evil” God-I came to bring man knowledge and enlightenment and technology. Trust me, I will set you free while God only wants you to be a slave.

#5. You can be a God yourself-Follow me and I can show you how be a God yourself.

#6. All religions lead to heaven-Don’t worry all paths lead to heaven, as long as you’re a good person you will make it to heaven. Just coexist.

#7. You can sin as much as you want as long as you confess on Sunday-Keep living a sinful life and don’t worry about it. As long as you confess your sins to a priest you’re good to go for at least another week!

#8. Evolution is real so no need to accept Jesus as payment for your sins-Believe me, you are an evolved monkey therefore all religions are false. All of creation happened by accident.

#9. It’s not murder as long as the baby is still in the womb-As long as the baby hasn’t been born yet it’s not murder, don’t worry about it.

#10. People who live in sin will see heaven-yes, even homosexuals and pedophiles will see heaven. As long as you call yourself a Christian you will go to heaven.

#11. The Bible isn’t the inspired word of God-Man wrote the Bible and therefore it can’t be trusted.

Isaiah 14:12-22

HOW art thou FALLEN from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou CUT DOWN to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the MOST HIGH.

15Yet thou shalt be BROUGHT DOWN TO HELL, to the sides of the pit.

16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

19But thou art CAST OUT of thy grave like an ABOMNIABLE BRANCH, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

21Prepare slaughter for his CHILDREN for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

22For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD. 23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.
edit on 13-11-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

Baloney!

I wouldn't even feed it to my starving dog...

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akra

Since you know so much about my life, can you tell me everyone whom I have met and conversed with? You think this is something I learned on Wikipedia?

Did I say Satan was the red suit guy that people dress up like on Halloween? Is that what you think I believe? I have met all kinds of people from all kinds of faith systems, including Satan worshipers, that my brother was at one time. So yes, I know. And not from Wikipedia, but personal experience. I have met people with children, that their children were being tormented by the entity they brought into their house. I have met people who have threatened to kill me and my family. So don't assume about me.

I told my brother about this thread and he said this "there ARE those who practice that %$^&, and they claim it is balanced, that is why nothing comes back to them. Because they balance the evil act, in their worldview of nature". Then he told me about the closing of the circle, and that if something evil is attracted to the circle, it is because the people in it already have a desire to do something evil.

My brother is now a Celtic Pagan, and he tells me more thing about the occult than I could ever learn on Wikipedia. But throughout my life, even in the most evil haunted house I grew up in, I developed an awareness of that other realm, both good and bad in it. I do not underestimate either for a second.

That realm is something we only know little about, but it is bigger and more powerful than us puny humans can handle at times, both the good and the bad.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Nobody on ATS has learned anything from personal experience WII, you know that...every poster is 16 years old...

Å99

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

akushla99

Nobody on ATS has learned anything from personal experience WII, you know that...every poster is 16 years old...

Å99

Is that it? LOL
2nd line....

(posted like an ATS gangstah, thug lyfe 4evah....)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
We're all familiar with the Lucifer story, right? Lucifer got kicked out of heaven for challenging God for favoring the earth-made humans over the fire-made angels. Humans, earth. Angels, fire. But God liked earth more than fire. So Lucifer got jealous out of pride, and he got kicked out.

Now let's look at something else here. God says to worship no other gods before him, because he's the best of the best, right? You could say he's the equivalent of fire. And heaven forbid that we end up worshipping earth-made gods. I mean, God just might get jealous out of pride.

So how about it? Has God become Lucifer?

I was a bit surprised when I sat down to read the 10 commandments. I was thinking, wow, God must be a genius to explain how to interact in social situations with only 10 commandments. Then I saw that he had wasted the first 4 of them saying how people should only worship Him, and my first thought was, "He only had 10 commandments and he wasted four??"
edit on 14amThu, 14 Nov 2013 00:06:06 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That is very interesting actually ... A star for you my dear

I just figured since everyone in this thread is assuming... why can't I play along?

But throughout my life, even in the most evil haunted house I grew up in, I developed an awareness of that other realm, both good and bad in it. I do not underestimate either for a second.

Ye know I've never seen a spirit in my life... and what most people consider "evil" has no power over you unless the belief in that evil exists... I believe that also might be the reason I've never seen a spirit or "ghost" either...

I don't doubt they exist... but they do not come around me IF they do... and im sure theres a reason

I've been told I have a powerful guardian angel, and a soldier or two at my side... IDK what that means really...

I do not fear evil... and I don't really believe in its existence... Evil is merely negative vibration or negative action placed into motion... What might be considered evil to one person is not the same to the next.

On the other hand I've studied quite a bit about the Goetia... Even got to the point where I had a spell finished to call on a spirit... and something stopped me... Perhaps it was a guardian angel. Maybe God... Maybe just my conscience but something told me NOT to continue... so I didn't.

They might be out there... I know magick exists... so who knows

No offence intended in these conversations in any case... I know we have our battles but I have no ill will towards you or any one else...

edit on 14-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo

I actually have,

What, laughed at the devil?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Cuervo

I was just whining to NewAgeMan about the fallacy of connecting horns with Satan but neither of you said anything jerk-like.

Guts. Glory. Ram!

JK!

LOL!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

Å99

Is that it? LOL
2nd line....

(posted like an ATS gangstah, thug lyfe 4evah....)

I summed it up very well in my first post WII...

...at the least, I made you lol...*and, dammit! Why didn't I use ATS gangsta as my av name*)

I've been laughing the whole way through...some things are just too funny...

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

When Jesus went to the cross he saved us from all the sins of our lives.

What if I don't want to be saved?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Are you familiar with sarcasm? Because the op was full of it. Also, God is the definition of pride. Did you see my earlier post comparing him to Lucifer? Check it out.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Taking more interpretive liberties, NAM? I thought we talked about your habit of cherry picking. I mean, which god do you owe your allegiance to? Because your sentiments in that post are at odds with the Christian god. Perhaps I'm assuming which deity you call your own.
edit on 14-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am older and it was way past my bedtime, so I had to sleep. That is why this post is late in response.

Thank you for the star, and you get one as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Is that in reference to Aries?

Someone's horoscope today probably told them to have guts and they will get glory....

People born under the sign of Aries, don't believe that, us Leos, we have the guts and get the glory. Yayas for us Leos

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Are you serious? That's the slogan for the Ram car commercials. Like "Built Ford tough".

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Are you serious? That's the slogan for the Ram car commercials. Like "Built Ford tough".

No, I'm not serious, and yes, I know it is the slogan.

And Chevy is built like a rock.

Advertisers know how to psychologically get our attention. I got your attention when I advertised for Leos.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No you didn't. I didn't even read that part of your post, believe it or not. I saw you make a mistake and I corrected it for your benefit. Apparently, you made the mistake on purpose...so whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join