It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

CALGARIAN
Sure hope not!

It's a shaky transition period and many people are unhappy but I think forward to a decade where new, young, American kids look back in the history books and realize what Obama did was "the right thing to do!".

Many Canadians I know applaude Obama for his integrity and sticking to his promise of affordable healthcare for every American!

NOPE this did not make healthcare affordable for all Americans. It is a gift to the insurance industry who wrote the bill. To make healthcare affordable you have to lower the cost, not make everyone buy insurance.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I can only say what applies to me, i went to the ACA website
and got my quote, for the cheapest possible it is far more than
i can afford in my budget and i don't qualify for a subsidy at all.
That is just the truth.

One more truth is that people can argue all they want but if you
take that big of a chunk of money out of pockets then that's
less money spent on things in the economy, it will be very
clear before long what effect that will have.

I wish this were a good thing and i honestly wanted affordable
healthcare, most of us uninsured folks did not buy it because we
could not afford it, this law did nothing but make it even more
expensive for us.... How does that help us?

This is probably the worst possible way they could have gone
about healthcare reform.

Also to add here, that's making my budget with every extra thing
cut out, cutting it down to the bare bones of what i can and still
get by. That is not even factoring in retirement, i cannot even
dream of hoping to maybe retire one day unless i can save.....

edit on 12-11-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whoever wrote that column is an idiot.

It can't be repealed (or defunded, or delayed, etc.)...period.

It can be modified or replaced by single payer...that's it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Also i feel this is relevant, i was speaking with a customer the other
day about how i thought they would most likely be postponing the
individual mandate because of the problems with the website and
so on. Well that got us to talking about the overall law itself and
he asked me what my monthly quote was, i told him and his reply
was "WOW that is cheap" and i guess the incredulous look i gave him
made him realize the real chasm between income levels, because at his income
it may well have been cheap but at mine it is literally a budget breaker.

I explained to him that the healthcare i was offered for the price also
had such a high deductible that it would do me little to no good at all
even in a serious accident. Paying that deductible would be over
half of my yearly wage. On top of that the monthly premium
would ensure i could not save money the way i can now..... its
a domino effect on my finances, i cannot save enough to pay
the deductible because of the monthly payment and if i don't
pay that i cant save because after the first few years the penalty
is so high its cheaper to get the insurance.... its such a horrid
position to be in..... i am at a loss for what to do honestly.

I know for the first two years i will not be participating and will
be paying the penalty because that will allow me to save as much
up as i can and maybe give them time to actually force these
prices back down to actually affordable levels.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

CALGARIAN
Sure hope not!

It's a shaky transition period and many people are unhappy but I think forward to a decade where new, young, American kids look back in the history books and realize what Obama did was "the right thing to do!".

Many Canadians I know applaude Obama for his integrity and sticking to his promise of affordable healthcare for every American!

What in the hell is affordable about his brand of healthcare?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Not to mention the huge hit people have taken at the workplace: 30 hours is the new "full-time", hours cut so as to allow companies to not insure.
The HUGE bureaucracy already created to support this disaster.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just look at how poorly the USA scored on the list.

List

Iran and Cuba are even ahead of the USA.

And you going to plummet further no doubt.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by xuenchen

Whoever wrote that column is an idiot.

It can't be repealed (or defunded, or delayed, etc.)...period.

It can be modified or replaced by single payer...that's it.

you forgot unfunded in your equation. when any legislation becomes unfunded, it dies. doesn't matter how it becomes unfunded it dies. this one will be unfunded by the people, as i mentioned earlier, that have no funds. what they didn't factor in, was the American people saying "no thanks" they figured we would eat it up like all other bad legislation but now the tide is turning. little by little the wheels are spinning.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

HOw does single payer help?

Does it contain rising medical costs?
Does it do anything for tort reform?
Does it do anything to make drugs affordable?

Do you really think the AMA, big Pharma and insurance companies would allow that?
Who do you think set the prices for Medicare now?????????

The government cannot run Medicare or Medicaid efficiently...how in the world would single payer be better?
And who could afford the HUGE tax to pay for it....it would just be shifting the burden to the dying middle class from one tax to another.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

you forgot unfunded in your equation. when any legislation becomes unfunded, it dies. doesn't matter how it becomes unfunded it dies. this one will be unfunded by the people, as i mentioned earlier, that have no funds. what they didn't factor in, was the American people saying "no thanks" they figured we would eat it up like all other bad legislation but now the tide is turning. little by little the wheels are spinning.

Not sure where you get this idea that the ACA isn't funded...in fact it is very well funded and it is funded independently of the budget process. The ACA doesn't depend on people singing up for insurance for it's funding...it actually gets zero money from the people who buy health insurance. However, if you decide not to buy health insurance...you will be providing additional funding with the penalty you pay.

The ACA doesn't care how many people sign up for insurance...only the insurance companies care about that.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

AlienScience

Not sure where you get this idea that the ACA isn't funded...in fact it is very well funded and it is funded independently of the budget process. The ACA doesn't depend on people singing up for insurance for it's funding...it actually gets zero money from the people who buy health insurance. However, if you decide not to buy health insurance...you will be providing additional funding with the penalty you pay.

The ACA doesn't care how many people sign up for insurance...only the insurance companies care about that.

everything is funded by the people, make no mistake. the penalty isn't enforceable unless you receive a tax return, all the IRS can do is take money from your return, they cannot garnish wages for this nor any of their other "means" of collecting. so you tell me, when no one can afford to buy, when their hours get cut to below 30 so their employer doesn't have to offer. when their fine is smaller than their premium and the gov can't collect, who will pay for it?

i see many insurance companies going under because their consumer base, just went bye bye. i see many hospitals going under because, very few have insurance, because they cannot afford it.

so you tell me, who will fund it?????????? the FED? hahahahaha they're busy ruining our currency and country, they have no time for health care.

where's the money, show me the revenue to support this giant abortion called, the ACA??????

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

HOw does single payer help?

Does it contain rising medical costs?
Does it do anything for tort reform?
Does it do anything to make drugs affordable?

Do you really think the AMA, big Pharma and insurance companies would allow that?
Who do you think set the prices for Medicare now?????????

The government cannot run Medicare or Medicaid efficiently...how in the world would single payer be better?
And who could afford the HUGE tax to pay for it....it would just be shifting the burden to the dying middle class from one tax to another.

I believe we went through this in another thread.

It controls costs because it will be the only player in town...it will tell the healthcare providers/drug companies what it will be paying and they have no choice but to accept it.

Insurance costs are contained because with everyone in the same pool, everyone's contribution has to be smaller...that is the entire premise of health insurance...the bigger the group, the smaller the cost for each individual. There are more healthy people than there are sick people...that is how insurance works.

In my opinion, if we go single payer we should also go to a all government based medical liability insurance for doctors to stay with the theme of single payer. Again, bigger pool of doctors all getting the same liability insurance and the lower the cost for them. Plus it adds the benefit of being able to track which doctors are frequently getting sued and then being able to leverage a penalty on them or a higher cost on them.

Who says that Medicare isn't run efficiently? John Hopkins Medicine disagrees with you.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

Now I don't know if you are familiar with John Hopkins, they are only the most respected research hospital...probably in the world. But if you think Fox News knows better than the best research health institution in the world...you go ahead and believe their rhetoric.

And again...there wouldn't be a "HUGE tax"...if we are all in the same pool each individuals cost is going to go DOWN because we are all in the same risk pool.

Single Payer is what almost every modern country has...we are the only backwards nation that hasn't progressed to a single payer system. Honestly, the world looks at us like backwards hicks because as a population, we are somehow terrified of this scary "socialized" healthcare.

It's going to happen, there is no stopping it...it is the only logical and sustainable model to move forward with on healthcare.

But since it seems like you are so against it...what is your alternative solution?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah, the government would never privatize SS if it ever comes up again it will get squashed, they dont want most of us knowing that SS once had a few trillion dollar surplus but is now full if nothing but worthless I.O.U's from thier rampant and careless spending. Thanks government! You worthless pieces of sh@t

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't have a solution....that is what we had alleged experts for in the first place.

You do know that MSM controls/sets Medicare costs...and the prices they choose are then passed down to the rest of medical costs/procedures?
swampland.time.com...
long washington post story here

HOw much do you think single payer would cost each taxpayer?
And how much would you pay if you didn't pay taxes?
I certainly could NOT afford even a 8% rise in any taxes I pay...and I am sure neither cost most others: most of us don't live much more comfortably than paycheck-to-paycheck.

As far as that larger pool....isn't that already what ACA is?
And, my rates would go up more than $150 per month...and my deductible from $1500 to $6500.....so yeah, that larger pool already working well for us....NOT

And, what happens to bigPharma.....think they're going to cut their costs, just cuz the POTUS says so???? LOLOL
And Aetna and BCBS...I'm sure they'll be more than happy to go out of business

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

everything is funded by the people, make no mistake. the penalty isn't enforceable unless you receive a tax return, all the IRS can do is take money from your return, they cannot garnish wages for this nor any of their other "means" of collecting. so you tell me, when no one can afford to buy, when their hours get cut to below 30 so their employer doesn't have to offer. when their fine is smaller than their premium and the gov can't collect, who will pay for it?

i see many insurance companies going under because their consumer base, just went bye bye. i see many hospitals going under because, very few have insurance, because they cannot afford it.

so you tell me, who will fund it?????????? the FED? hahahahaha they're busy ruining our currency and country, they have no time for health care.

where's the money, show me the revenue to support this giant abortion called, the ACA??????

It is funded mostly by corporate taxes on health insurance companies, drug companies, medical device companies, and other taxes. This is all well documented and backed up by the CBO...on the other hand your assumptions are just baseless opinion on your part.

If, big if, not enough people sign up and insurance companies don't get enough enrollees to sustain their business...it will just bring us to single payer sooner...and I'm fine with that.

So like I said in my first post...the ACA can not be repealed. It can be modified or we can move to a single payer system.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked DontTreadOnMe...what is your alternative solution?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

AlienScience

It is funded mostly by corporate taxes on health insurance companies, drug companies, medical device companies, and other taxes. This is all well documented and backed up by the CBO...on the other hand your assumptions are just baseless opinion on your part.

If, big if, not enough people sign up and insurance companies don't get enough enrollees to sustain their business...it will just bring us to single payer sooner...and I'm fine with that.

So like I said in my first post...the ACA can not be repealed. It can be modified or we can move to a single payer system.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked DontTreadOnMe...what is your alternative solution?

no disrespect but, you're dreamer without a dream worth mentioning, if you think that way. go check it out yourself, not nearly enough will be buying your plan, the ACA, nor single payer, we will dissolve as a nation long before that because, and you keep forgetting, we are broke. the middle class is broke, we have no funds to spare, so unless the genius's in dc want to pay, it aint happening.

blood meet stone. you have a lot of awareness to attain, but that's okay, we're all learning.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

edit on 12-11-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

bloodreviara

Pay the fine? Why would you do that? Just edit your dependents on your w-2 so that you owe a small amount of money (say $20) at the end of the year instead of receiving a rebate. Nothing the IRS can do about it, and it is perfectly legal. You just don't get a rebate every year (of course, technically you still do, you just see it spread out throughout the year in your paycheck).

ETA: I am not a tax advisor, talk to your tax advisor before doing this. I'm sure he'd know the exact way you'd need to manipulate your w-2 to get this desired effect anyways.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

bloodreviara

Pay the fine? Why would you do that? Just edit your dependents on your w-2 so that you owe a small amount of money (say $20) at the end of the year instead of receiving a rebate. Nothing the IRS can do about it, and it is perfectly legal. You just don't get a rebate every year (of course, technically you still do, you just see it spread out throughout the year in your paycheck).

bingo!! and it's more profitable to break even anyway since the govt. doesn't return all your investment, keep it yourself, it belongs to you.

so back to my original summation, no one will be buying nor paying for health care and what comes next, well that's the million dollar question now isn't it...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Canadians applaud 0bama for his action in sinking the US economy????? And forcing higher financial burdens for the citizens...
What the hell world is this.

It is nice that you like your medicine laws where you live. It is just straight arrogance to think that what you have should be forced onto others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join