It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I will take an honest look into this.

But..............I will not trade freedom for some form of fake health security.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I guess we'll see. The deadline is the end of the month for the federal exchanges to be operable, but for those losing their plans under the guise of " if you like it, keep it," the deadline has already happened.

The healthcare law has been the pinnacle of this administrations tenure thus far. If in fact it is delayed or repealed, IMO, it would solidify the republican base, predominantly the tea party, whose activism against the law and it's adverse affects on millions of Americans turns out to be fact, instead of fluff.

After Bill Clinton came out in support of those losing their insurance in a recent interview, it probably won't be long before democrats start jumping ship to save their own hides for re-election. This also might give us a glimpse of Hillary Clinton's platform for 2016, if the ACA doesn't pan out as proposed.

Having said that, it still leaves the democrats appearing as if the tea parties concerns an intentions for delay or repeal of the law were legit. I don't know, it could create a rift or divide in the democratic party, similar to what we see between the republicans and the tea party.

However it goes, it will definitely be an interesting presidential election and midterm election next year. I think the democrats may have to get a facelift if the pressure keeps mounting in opposition of the law within their own party, which also inadvertently solidifies the tea parties position.

If anything, it will be interesting...

edit on 13-11-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
do any of you realize that people have lost their life savings, sold personal property, sold homes, went into debt, just to pay for repercussions of bad health insurance? do you know that insurance companies employ people to find loopholes in coverage so they could reject a claim? why does it sound as if most of you are trying to defend this practice, either that, or you work for an insurance company?
insurance companies care about their bottom line, it's called profits...they could give a rats ass if you lose everything, so long as they do not have to pay your claim
since I live in California, we have a net loss on federal tax dollars, the vast majority of red states are collecting billions more in taxes, off of blue states...seems like most republican red states are just a bunch of welfare queens, that keep complaining how bad they have it...you people in the red states, we want our money back.
www.motherjones.com...
edit on 13-11-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do any of YOU understand that people are loosing their current policies, and/or being charged double or triple what they were paying?

If you are so concerned with people going into debt, not dieing, but into debt due to health issues, why don't you and the handful of others pay for their care? Instead of requiring everyone else to pay it for them?

The answer, is basically because you are generous with other people's money.
Much like the Govt.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, and Mother Jones as your source??? Might as well be Fox News.

For someone that bitches and moans about the use of Fox, Brietbart and such, you sure are quick to use that worthless site.

edit on 13-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Why is it that you guys seem to think that because we disagree with Obamacare, that we agree with how insurance companies have been doing business? Time and again, Obamacare detractors point out all the flaws and problems with the law and ALWAYS the goto rebuttal is how bad the insurance industry was before.

Obama and democrats: "Well here is your fix for the healthcare problem nation"
Detractors: "But it's just a steaming pile of dog poo..."
Obama and democrats: "Yes but did you see what you had before? The dog poo wasn't steaming before."

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, so because the health insurance was bad before, we will write a law that eliminates even more of the insurance companies so that the ones left can be even more abusive, we will make sure that they have to sell you even more expensive policies so that even less of you can afford them ensuring that even more people will go bankrupt trying to pay for health care, and we'll include in the law that you have to pay for it because you can't not buy it!

Outstanding fix!

Irony is sweet sometimes.

edit on 13-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama-care as we currently know it is version 1 of the plan, it has it's downsides but trust me, it is going nowhere, regardless or not whether we think it will be repealed, it is laying the groundwork for the master plan, the NWO tool to know who you are, where you are and how best big brother OZ can keep you under control and most importantly link it to taxation and the IRS in some way, that is just too good a plan if you ask me if I were Uncle Sam and more importantly big insurance companies.

The former republican candidate Romney already tried it when he was governor and according to most accounts it succeeded in many ways, so if you ask me universal, government or mandatory healthcare is going to be the direction we are headed, it just might not be version 1 like is being implemented now, Obama-care is far from a failure, it is laying the groundwork for what the future of healthcare is going to be here in the U.S. for many years to come.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by crazyewok

I will take an honest look into this.

But..............I will not trade freedom for some form of fake health security.

Places like singapore and hongkong are not fake. It all pretty stable from all I read. The money goes straight to the hospitals and doesnt go into some goverment account or burrocracts pockets.

But yeah have a good read, but have a open mind and it insolve SOME goverment regulation but its kept mainly at limiting the the hospital suits and burrocrates (IE stop them for takeing everyone for a ride) rather than involve itself with doctor/patient matters.

At the end of the day they provide the best and dont we all want the best when it comes to healthcare?

I would get ride of the british NHS for there system.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
DP
edit on 13-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The bottom line of increasing profits for insurance and med companies is going to be accomplished. It won't matter whether it goes or stays. Job done.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by jimmyx

Why is it that you guys seem to think that because we disagree with Obamacare, that we agree with how insurance companies have been doing business? Time and again, Obamacare detractors point out all the flaws and problems with the law and ALWAYS the goto rebuttal is how bad the insurance industry was before.

Obama and democrats: "Well here is your fix for the healthcare problem nation"
Detractors: "But it's just a steaming pile of dog poo..."
Obama and democrats: "Yes but did you see what you had before? The dog poo wasn't steaming before."

Yep.

Every day I get into it with some bleary eyed Obama groupie who keeps coming back with the old "Yes. But the alternative is to let people die" straw man.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join