It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Unless you claim more dependents on your W4 than you can legally claim on your tax returns at the end of the year, you will still be getting a sizable refund if you are employed by a company. You can claim dependents on your W4, but not all the other exemptions you can claim on your return...so are always going to owe less at the end of the year than you paid, even if you claim the maximum amount of dependents on your W4 that you are legally allowed to claim.

The only way you are not going to get a refund or only a small refund is if you either A) claim more dependents than is legally allowed on your W4...which is tax fraud or B) you don't claim as many exemptions/credits as you are allowed on your return...which means you are paying more taxes than you need to.

There is no loop hole...the only way to do what you are suggesting is to commit tax fraud by claiming more dependents than you are legally allowed. Or if you are self employed you can easily achieve this.

Doing what you suggest also risk individuals paying too little in taxes and then getting a penalty.

Honestly, if an individual is not smart enough to have been successful in their career where they are worried about not affording insurance, they really shouldn't be trying to game the tax system. It is just going to get them into trouble and most likely lose more money in fines and penalties than they would be saving in trying to avoid the penalty.

You are giving out horrible and dangerous advice...but only idiots will listen to advice like this and I guess they get what they deserve.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

If the Govt got out, and allowed the free market to work, it would operate under a lower cost. But, since the consumer has been removed, and it is not between Govt and Insurance Companies, it has made costs skyrocket.

So why wasn't your "free market solution" working in the first place???

We all know insurance companies are so trustworthy and honest...that if we just allowed them to operate with zero regulations everything would be golden...right????

If you believe this, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

So, because Govt created the problem we had, and the problem we have, the Govt will create the solution to resolve both.

I ate a delicious cookie yesterday, I passed it today, and now I offer it up to you as a solution to your cookie wants. That is basically what we have.

Yeah, just because you are cheering on the Socialized idea of single payer doesn't mean that it is what the US wants or needs.
The Govt as a whole can't do anything correctly, within a budget or without either side working to exact revenge on the other.

0bama care is putting the screws to everyday people.

At least what we had before this turd bucket ACA was forced onto us, was something that most people could afford.

What you and every 0bama suckup push for is for the whole system to be reworked for a small percentage.

Gotta love it.

Tear people down, in order to build up a few.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

At least what we had before this turd bucket ACA was forced onto us, was something that most people could afford.

WHAT????? Are you freaking serious????

You think our old system was affordable??? You think it was a good system???

I don't even know how to have a conversation with someone who is so far removed from reality.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm thinking you meant the AMA, and yes I knew that...and I think that is the best policy. I think with a single payer system, this process and estimation of costs will get a lot more attention and fine tuning...but I think the AMA is the exact people who should be determining costs. Not insurance companies and not bureaucrats.

No, I meant MSM...mainstream medicine

And what additional services are you getting for that extra $150 a month? It is intellectually dishonest just to talk about your increased cost without also talking about your increased benefit.

With the ACA, we are getting a bunch of slightly increased pools of people...but we still have separate pools. Along with these, the insurance companies are actually being required to cover medical procedures which before they could weasel out of. If we move to single payer, we have one large pool of 300+ million individuals.

I get no additional services.
I had an excellent, full coverage plan. Pretty much everything was covered, I was 110% happy.
My employer decided to cut costs.

In fact, I have less coverage...as there are some things I can no longer afford....like an MRI....or a CATscan.
If I break my leg, it's all out of pocket.
Sure, they are covered, but only after I pay $6350.
It's rather devastating.
edit on Tue Nov 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

AlienScience
So why wasn't your "free market solution" working in the first place???.

It worked for 85% of America.
Instead of offering something for the remaining %15 ... Obama broke it for everyone.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

theantediluvian
I'm sure that's what those on the right said about woman's suffrage, civil rights, Medicare, etc. The problem is that every time society tries to make any advancement for equality or the common good, the conservatives swear it's the end of the world.

That's partisan & ridiculous.

1 - It was a republican administration that ended slavery.

2 - Obamacare isn't even close to what woman's suffrage, civil rights or Medicare are. Those were helpful. Obamacare is the exact opposite.

3 - It's both the right and the left that are suffering because of Obamacare.
edit on 11/12/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by macman

WHAT????? Are you freaking serious????

You think our old system was affordable??? You think it was a good system???

I don't even know how to have a conversation with someone who is so far removed from reality.

You are 100% delusional. Why do you think Obama's primary promise on Obamacare was you could keep your insurance? Why do you think millions of Americans are upset that they lost their insurance? Because they liked it. Obama knew people liked their insurance, that is why his #1 promise was you could keep it. If nobody liked their insurance why would he promise they could keep it? I had great insurance. I was very happy with it. My policy was cancelled. Now I still have decent insurance, but it costs more and covers less thanks to OBAMACARE.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Not really seeing as the USA has one of the worst healthcare systems in the western would. Hell even some 3rd world countrys were ranked better.

Obamacare not the way to go and will likley screw it up more.

But the former system was still broken.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
DP
edit on 12-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

First off I mentioned in my original post about this topic that I am not a tax advisor and to discuss this strategy with your tax advisor first. So let's just get that out of the way.

The Obamacare Penalty: Yes, It Can Be Avoided

But what if you don’t get a tax refund? Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh picked up on this subject on his show this week, telling listeners: “The only way that they can collect the penalty or the fine is by taking money from your refund. If you are not owed a refund, they cannot get money from you.”

We asked Mark Luscombe, principal analyst at CCH Tax & Accounting North America, about that. Turns out Limbaugh is essentially right. If you don't get a refund next year, the “IRS could carry over the sum due and apply it against any refunds in future years. On a joint return, the penalty of one joint filer could be applied against the refund due to the other joint filer,” Luscombe says.

“If you don’t pay it, all they can do is wait until they owe you some money and take that. Or probably just send you a letter every now and then reminding you that you owe money to the IRS,” says Timothy Jost, a professor at the Washington and Lee University School of Law and coauthor of the casebook “Health Law.”

Now here is an article on maximizing your refund. One could just easily read this article and do the exact opposite to minimize their refund, or you know they could just claim 99 on their w-4 so the IRS just sends a 1099 and they write down the exact amount they owe.

blogs.hrblock.com...

It's funny that you are fighting so rigorously against this practice yet like I said before there are plenty of corporations who use tax holes to their advantage, but when it comes to regular people implementing them, we can't have that. They have to pay their fair share... Yea like I'm the only one who is going to think of this solution. Heck, the mere fact that there are already articles talking about it, just shows that it is only a matter of time before the process to utilize this tax loophole is disseminated to the public at large. Not to mention, if you find playing fast and loose with the IRS too dangerous, you could always just pay the fine for the time being and just pick up healthcare on the spot if you ever come down with an illness then drop it when you are better. This is also a drain on Obamacare's funding. Both of these things will be used by people to save money. COUNT ON IT. You can probably also count on some of the first things the politicians "fix" with this bill, will be these two loopholes.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I predict that ACA will fail within the first year, then after "intensive legislation" from the Democrats to save face the mess will become to big to heal, or fix, then the repeals or parts of the ACA will either come from circuit court or supreme court law sues eventually congress will try to pass something else to make it look all good for next elections.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

No, I meant MSM...mainstream medicine

Is there another kind?

I get no additional services.
I had an excellent, full coverage plan. Pretty much everything was covered, I was 110% happy.
My employer decided to cut costs.

In fact, I have less coverage...as there are some things I can no longer afford....like an MRI....or a CATscan.
If I break my leg, it's all out of pocket.
Sure, they are covered, but only after I pay $6350.
It's rather devastating.

You do get additional services, I'm sure you just aren't aware of them.

Did your old insurance cover a 100% covered well check each year? Did it cover 100% preventative tests such as mammograms or colonoscopies? I could go on and on...but it is obvious you are unaware what your new coverage costs. And you won't be paying 100% out of pocket...you should really look into co-pays and how they work with your deductible.

You have fallen for the Right Wing's fear mongering rhetoric...I feel sorry for you, but it seems like there is little I can do to help because you seem hell bent on refusing to listen to factual information.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

FlyersFan

AlienScience
So why wasn't your "free market solution" working in the first place???.

Instead of offering something for the remaining %15 ... Obama broke it for everyone.

I honestly can not believe what I am hearing from some of you. You guys honestly thought our healthcare system was actually good before the ACA???

Yeah, it's great that you could be thrown off your insurance when you got diagnosed with cancer because you forgot to put on your application that you had asthma as a child. It's great when a child is getting the needed treatment they need to stay alive, but oh well, they hit their lifetime cap for their insurance...so now they get to die. It was great that insurance companies could deny to pay for a procedure because they thought it wasn't necessary...it was great that women were treated like second class citizens because they can get pregnant...it was great that there was zero control on the rise of premiums.

When I hear someone claim that our previous system was great, I have no choice but to right them off as a delusional partisan.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

AlienScience
Did your old insurance cover a 100% covered well check each year? Did it cover 100% preventative tests such as mammograms or colonoscopies? I could go on and on...but it is obvious you are unaware what your new coverage costs. And you won't be paying 100% out of pocket...you should really look into co-pays and how they work with your deductible.

Yes because so many men weren't getting their yearly mammograms from a lack of funding or insurance coverage. Oh wait, men don't need mammograms, so making them a requirement for all insurance plans is beyond stupid and a quick way to increase the price of insurance.

You have fallen for the Left Wing's sunshine and rainbows rhetoric...I feel sorry for you, but it seems like there is little I can do to help because you seem hell bent on refusing to listen to factual information.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 - It was a republican administration that ended slavery.

2 - Obamacare isn't even close to what woman's suffrage, civil rights or Medicare are. Those were helpful. Obamacare is the exact opposite.

3 - It's both the right and the left that are suffering because of Obamacare.

1. It was Liberals that ended Slavery...the parties back then had quite a different grouping than they do today, it was more geographical than ideological. It is historical fact that Liberals ended slavery and Conservatives went to war to try to keep it.

2. The ACA is helpful if you can take your hatred blinders off and actually look at the benefits it provides. Or just keep letting Fox News do your thinking for you.

3. The "suffering" you speak of is such a first world problem...."I am mad because I have to buy healthcare that will actually cover the medical services I need".

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You are 100% delusional. Why do you think Obama's primary promise on Obamacare was you could keep your insurance?

Because a lot of Americans are idiots and need to be coddled.

Why do you think millions of Americans are upset that they lost their insurance?

Again, because they are idiots and have fallen for the Fox News fear mongering and don't understand the added benefits they are getting.

Now I still have decent insurance, but it costs more and covers less thanks to OBAMACARE.

I'll just come right out and call bullcrap on that statement.

What doesn't your insurance cover now that it used to cover???

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

First off I mentioned in my original post about this topic that I am not a tax advisor and to discuss this strategy with your tax advisor first. So let's just get that out of the way.

Then maybe if you aren't a tax advisor, you shouldn't attempt to give out tax advice.

And did you really just use Rush freaking Limbaugh as a source....really???

Now here is an article on maximizing your refund. One could just easily read this article and do the exact opposite to minimize their refund, or you know they could just claim 99 on their w-4 so the IRS just sends a 1099 and they write down the exact amount they owe.

You can maximize or minimize your refund...yes...but you will still get a refund, that is how the system is designed. Again, the only way to not get a refund is if you purposely pay more taxes than you owe...period.

And no, you can't legally claim 99 on your w4...and the IRS doesn't send you a 1099...a company you work for would send you a 1099...you have zero clue what you are talking about. Plus, if you are a 1099 you still have to pay estimated taxes throughout the year and if you don't cover 110% of your liability from the previous year...guess what...you get a penalty. So that extra 10% will be your refund. The system is designed so people will always pay more than they owe...or you get a penalty if you don't.

Stop pretending to know things you obviously have no clue about.

It's funny that you are fighting so rigorously against this practice yet like I said before there are plenty of corporations who use tax holes to their advantage, but when it comes to regular people implementing them, we can't have that. They have to pay their fair share... Yea like I'm the only one who is going to think of this solution. Heck, the mere fact that there are already articles talking about it, just shows that it is only a matter of time before the process to utilize this tax loophole is disseminated to the public at large. Not to mention, if you find playing fast and loose with the IRS too dangerous, you could always just pay the fine for the time being and just pick up healthcare on the spot if you ever come down with an illness then drop it when you are better. This is also a drain on Obamacare's funding. Both of these things will be used by people to save money. COUNT ON IT. You can probably also count on some of the first things the politicians "fix" with this bill, will be these two loopholes.

I'm "fighting against this" because you are encouraging people to make a stupid financial choice. You are leading these people into tax fraud and tax penalties...in order to try to avoid a tax penalty.

It is such backwards and idiotic logic...that the only comfort I have is that only idiots will attempt it and then they get what they deserve.

Seriously...you are following advice from Rush Limbaugh...let that sink in a little.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Explain how the ACA is helpful beyond helping people with pre-existing conditions and children under 26. Or better yet, explain how the math is supposed to work out. If I bring $2000 a month in and spend $1600 on bills and an additional $200 on gas and groceries and now are being required to spend another $250 on insurance, where am I supposed to get this money from? Not to mention what about savings? Am I just not allowed to save money anymore? What about having a life? Nope I gotta work to pay the bills and barely stay alive all so I can have the benefit of having insurance that covers my yearly mammograms and pre-natal care as a man and be unable to use it if something actually goes wrong because the deductible is thousands of dollars.

Seriously, it's not just Fox News that is talking about the bad parts of this bill, liberal news outlets are slowly starting to trickle out with bad news. Here are FOUR sources that AREN'T Foxnews that all have something negative to say about the bill.

How Obamacare will change employer-provided insurance
Obamacare Website: Fewer Than 50,000 Have Enrolled
White House lowers Obamacare expectations amid lackluster reports
Obamacare and the failure of half-baked liberalism

So stop talking about Foxnews already, Obamacare is a very REAL disaster and no amount of deflection or harping on its good points is going to change that.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yes because so many men weren't getting their yearly mammograms from a lack of funding or insurance coverage. Oh wait, men don't need mammograms, so making them a requirement for all insurance plans is beyond stupid and a quick way to increase the price of insurance.

You have fallen for the Left Wing's sunshine and rainbows rhetoric...I feel sorry for you, but it seems like there is little I can do to help because you seem hell bent on refusing to listen to factual information.

And women don't need vasectomies...and yet those are covered and always have been covered on everyone's insurance plan. It also covers prostate exams...and women don't need those.

The basic premise of insurance is that the entire pool assumes the risk for the individual...that means that men assume all risks women have and women assume all risks men have. It also means that non-African American assume the risk for sickle cell disease even though they have a dramatically lower risk in getting the disease....this is how insurance works.

It is completely ignorant to suggest that only women should pay for mammograms, pregnancy, or other women related health issues while insurance companies have always covered male specific procedures. Not only is it ignorant, I would even go as far to say it is misogynist.

I am proud to be able to say I stand for equal coverage for women as for men...no need to feel sorry for me. You go a. and keep trying to treat women like they are beneath you...you fit right in with the Republicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join