It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

theantediluvian

I have no children in school but I pay school taxes. As a matter of fact, because I own two homes I pay that twice. If my wife and I both died tomorrow, none of the money we've paid into Social Security would be paid to our estate and distributed among our heirs. I pay the state unemployment insurance tax though I have not myself made use of it. I pay for roads I will never use, bridges I will never cross, monuments I will never visit, parks in which I will never recreate. I don't complain because they make ours a better society and I reap the rewards indirectly just as you do.

"Using young healthy people to subsidize the weak and sick" The weak? Would you care to elaborate?

edit on 11-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

So since FEMA is the only means to get flood insurance, we should all be forced to get flood insurance to help spread around the cost of paying the claims of people that get an act of God to flood out their property. It's our duty to society.

Since the vast majority of people require a car to get commute to work, every citizen should be required to purchase car insurance, whether you own a car or not, to help spread out the cost of paying the claims of people that do have cars and get in a collision. It's our duty to society.

Many occupations have a requirement to possess a particular college degree or professional certification. Every citizen should receive an annual bill from the govt to pay for the collective costs of all the educations and certifications of the citizens. It's our duty to society.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Cabin
reply to post by SpaDe_

This question is simply trying to lure the answer you want, because of what this question should not be answered like that.

The question is as simple as the answer. Stop all the elaboration and the would be could be scenarios and just answer the question yes or no.

I don't care if little Timmy's Aunts friends acquaintance down the road had a preexisting condition that is now covered therefore Obamacare is good.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
America will continue to decline until the Republicans and Democrats are someday unseated by a yet to be known 3rd party. Until then good luck. I hope America can stay around long enough to see that happen. Remember this isn't your grandpa's America as it was in the past...sad...so very sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by SpaDe_

So you would have the weak and sick just go die in a gutter?

Agreed obamacare is a major f'k up. But you original system wasnt much better seeing as the usa ranked 46 in overall healthcare in the world. So something big was wrong. Maybe you should have looked to places like hongkong or singapore that ranked at the top......well you missec the boat and now your likely to drop lower than 46
hey long as you stay above iran and north korea right?

How does having insurance equate to having good healthcare if your deductible is so high it renders the insurance absolutely useless? If my house is burning down I don't run out and purchase house insurance, I call the fire department.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 11-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Wasnt defending obamacare. If you read what i wrote i called it "f'd up"

But i also said your former system was crap too and you had decades to change and you didnt so now you get this crap forced down your throats.

Now usahealthcare will plummet even further down the ranks ( and it was lower than most developed countrys to beguin with!) While the rest of the developed world and now most likely some of the 3rd world will shoot ahead.......you shot yourselfs in the foot.
edit on 11-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

SpaDe_

theantediluvian

"Using young healthy people to subsidize the weak and sick" The weak? Would you care to elaborate?

Weak and sick would be the opposite of strong and healthy would it not? Nice attempt at deflection though, but you still have not answered my questions, and truth be told, I doubt you will be able to within the parameters you outlined.

Nice attempt at deflection? Two of your questions were interrelated:

Maybe you can explain how forcing people to purchase insurance is a stride in the right direction for the "common good" as you put it, or for "equality"?

Forcing people to pay a tax or purchase something they may not need is for the common good?

I listed several examples of things that I am compelled to pay for regardless of whether or not I personally make use of them. All of the things I mentioned increase the common good. This isn't a new "liberal" concept, it's an ancient idea that goes back at least a couple thousands years and is in fact integral to the government as set forth in the constitution.

Allow me to make a second point. Nobody can know beforehand when they will require healthcare--people don't plan on getting sick nor by definition can they plan an accident. We have people who may not obtain insurance because they can't imagine that they'll require it. We also have people who are uninsured or under insured because they work jobs that don't subsidize their insurance and can't afford to pay the premiums completely out of pocket. Yet these people still get treatment. Who shoulder's the burden?

Using young healthy people to subsidize the weak and sick is being equal?

Do you have any idea how Social Security works or why it was established? Are you opposed to Social Security and Medicare as well?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by SpaDe_

Wasnt defending obamacare. If you read what i wrote i called it "f'd up"

But i also said your former system was crao too and you had decades to change and you didnt so now you get this crap forced down your throats.

Now usahealthcare will plummet even further down the ranks ( and it was lower than most developed countrys to beguin with!) While the rest of the developed world and now most likely some of the 3rd world will shoot ahead.......you shot yourselfs in the foot.

Well, the Singapore system wouldn't be horrible, but you are talking about a country that won't even let it's Social Security be put in the hands of its citizens to control. They call that privatization and it's evil! After all, if the people have control of their own money instead of letting the government control it, then the government can't just spend it like they do.

The Singapore system relies on telling the people they have to save, and then letting them control what happens to the saved money in terms of investing.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

tkwasny

theantediluvian

I have no children in school but I pay school taxes. As a matter of fact, because I own two homes I pay that twice. If my wife and I both died tomorrow, none of the money we've paid into Social Security would be paid to our estate and distributed among our heirs. I pay the state unemployment insurance tax though I have not myself made use of it. I pay for roads I will never use, bridges I will never cross, monuments I will never visit, parks in which I will never recreate. I don't complain because they make ours a better society and I reap the rewards indirectly just as you do.

So since FEMA is the only means to get flood insurance, we should all be forced to get flood insurance to help spread around the cost of paying the claims of people that get an act of God to flood out their property. It's our duty to society.

Since the vast majority of people require a car to get commute to work, every citizen should be required to purchase car insurance, whether you own a car or not, to help spread out the cost of paying the claims of people that do have cars and get in a collision. It's our duty to society.

Many occupations have a requirement to possess a particular college degree or professional certification. Every citizen should receive an annual bill from the govt to pay for the collective costs of all the educations and certifications of the citizens. It's our duty to society.

The difference between the things you've just mentioned and healthcare is that unlike any of those, everyone needs healthcare. What is the percentage of people in this country who will require medical care at some point in their lives? For all intents and purposes 100%. Unlike a car or a house in a flood plain or a job that requires a college education, everyone has a body and they're all prone to failure. So yeah, nice group of false analogies. Also, we do subsidize some of these things (like college grants).

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I think singapore was number 2 in healthcare if not it up in the top5.
So what they do works and works damed well.

No idea whythe usa didnt go down that route,

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For the record, I am not in love with the PPACA. The difference is I think it's movement in the right direction and I hope it represents a very short lived transitional step. I am in favor of a single-payer system.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I agree with the fact that it isn't an improvement. I don't think we should leave the weak and sick in a gutter to die, and I would like to make that clear.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

CALGARIAN
Sure hope not!

It's a shaky transition period and many people are unhappy but I think forward to a decade where new, young, American kids look back in the history books and realize what Obama did was "the right thing to do!".

Many Canadians I know applaude Obama for his integrity and sticking to his promise of affordable healthcare for every American!

That sounds awesome, when does it start!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Still looking for the answer to how forcing someone to purchase insurance is for the "greater good" or "equality".

Has nothing to do with Social security, or education taxes, or property taxes, this is about individual health insurance being forced on people whether they want it or not, and having to pay a fine if they don't get it and being for the "greater good" or "equality".

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

After reading their breakdown, they are probably right but they are only looking at it as projected tax revenue per projected GDP. How does that distill down to the taxpayer? It means little to an American who now has to pay a few thousand more per year to see the doctor. To them it is the biggest hike they are likely to see.

While the blovations from Limbaugh are simply his audio version of red meat, it probably echoes the mood of many Americans pretty closely.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

While there may be merit to a single payer system, do you really trust the crew in DC to craft legislation in the best interest of Americans who need health care?

It may be a great idea, but all great ideas die an untimely death once they enter the beltway. What comes out are mutant, toxic Frankenstein's which miraculously seem to benefit the lobby who wrote the bill.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I told you. People have been trained to be afraid of anything the could remotely be construed of as "privatizing" mainly because the politicians are enamored of the idea of taking power over our lives.

Our last president tried to pry the SS monies out of the government's to let private citizens have a choice over how they wanted their accounts saved for them ...

Good, lord! You would have thought we were going to consign seniors to eating cat food. People here are apparently just too dumb to decide whether they want their money split out into a private savings account, government bonds, and/or some stocks. No, it's much safer to let the government continue to rob us all blind and lie about what's really going on.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Cabin
reply to post by Nephalim

Wait a year, two , maybe even more, but soon I believe the system would stabilise. I am 100% sure there will be no rollback. In worst case scenario, either a postponement which I highly doubt or simply going over to single payer system, which can even be used as a 2016 presidential campaign promise, as many people are tired of the insurance companies "scam" and universal healthcare has proved itself among most other advanced nations.

This isn't small change. Do you know what can happen in a year or two? Thousands can and HAVE lost their jobs, their homes and thousands will die. People who think this is just a little rough patch we're going to have to weather through don't get it. It's CRAZY bad. No one will look back on this time fondly. People are tired of losing everything they have worked so hard for.

Obamacare won't likely be repealed because it's tentacles have already reached into a multitude of laws and effects on people. Kinda like ACORN and it's thousands of veins reaching through the community - impossible to cut all the strings.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

They could just get new health insurance? I have my own, but it seems most Americans dont have health insurance or know how to get it from all the press. Its sad how they dont understand what health insurance is or how to get it. I think they should be locked up and forgotten about without health insurance. I dont want to be tripping over sick and dying people to dumb to know how to get health insurance while im leaving starbucks with my double caramel frappachino.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Do u really think Obama would sign off on that. He was going to let the economy crash before even negotiation with Republicans. He will not get rid of Obamacare.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join