It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

wulff
reply to post by mobtek

Why are people calling this a fake? A few posts have links to the original NASA photos.
I'm pretty sure it's just a volcanic rock but it sure does take on an appearance of a bush! Looking on the top right it looks almost like a small branch with a ball (or berry) sticking up!

No one is calling the photo a fake, they are calling the interpretation that it's a "Stone Hut" silly. And rightly so.

If you believe this is a stone hut then you must also believe all those ancient riverbeds on Mars were canals.....
edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

breadinspector

JadeStar
(other nonsense deleted)

breadinspector
Pluto is not debris mate, it has lush green grass and blue skys and oceans just like earth.

I believe you have lush green grass as well. Care to share?

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: pass the dutchie on the left hand side

According to john lear all 40 planets in our solar system are lushious with green grass and blue oceans, dont tell me you beleive the NAZA lies?
Theyre the biggest gas giant in the solar system.

I don't have to believe anything. I own a telescope, I am an astronomy student. I can see and photograph the planets in our solar system and they are not lush with green grass.

Why would you believe John Lear is the better question.

Honestly, he strikes me as someone who gets a kick out of people who didn't pay attention in science class or whose schools were so bad they lack a basic level of education.

NASA is not some huge powerful organization, it never was, not even in the 1960s at the height of Apollo. Also many INDEPENDENT researchers (you know, people who don't work for NASA) have access to much larger telescopes than mine.

Don't you think if Mars, or Pluto as you allege were "lush with green grass and oceans" they'd be queuing up for their million dollars and Nobel Prize?

Put the thinking cap on.

You're free to believe in John Lear's stories, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or whatever, but it doesn't make it real.

I choose fact over fiction. I choose evidence over belief

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Either way. Seems like an awesome find. Didn't Lear say there were 40 Known habitable planets a long time ago? And then we get this in the paper.....

8.8 Billion Just-right planets in our Solar System:

nypost.com...
edit on 08/08/2013 by Hayzito because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

ArMaP

CAPT PROTON
Well, if that pic is real, and that rover doesn't drive over to check it out, then you know something is up. I hope it drives over there and a plaque reads, "Jimmy Hoffa".

The rover is not going back to that place, as that photo was taken some years ago and that rover got stuck in the sand and stopped communicating in 2011.

The aliens must have bashed the rover while it was stuck.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hayzito
Either way. Seems like an awesome find. Didn't Lear say there were 40 Known habitable planets a long time ago? And then we get this in the paper.....

nypost.com...

Galaxy, Solar System, same thing right? lol.

8.8 billion POSSIBLY habitable planets in our GALAXY. Big difference.

Still a lot of planets though. Then multiply that by an estimated couple hundred billion galaxies in our visible universe, and yeah, that's a sh*t load of possible life out there.

8.8billion x 100 billion galaxies (estimated a couple hundred billion, but let's go with the lower end of the spectrum just to be safe) = 880,000,000,000,000,000,000 possible planets with life. Life similar to our own, that is. And like I said, low end of the spectrum. 880 quintillion. #!

Crazy.

daaskapital

You're making me want to play Snake Eater again after all these years, lol.
edit on 4-11-2013 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Your correct JohnnySasaki....But out of 8.8 Billion, that's just crazy.

Also, just replayed MSG4.....Snake Eater is next...lol

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Hayzito

Your correct JohnnySasaki....But out of 8.8 Billion, that's just crazy.

Also, just replayed MSG4.....Snake Eater is next...lol

I updated my post with a tad bit more info btw. And yes, very crazy. A billion is incomprehensible, let alone 880 quintillion. Hard to wrap your mind around that number, and what it really means. There's quite literally NO CHANCE of us being alone in this universe. The only question is how close alien life has gotten to our planet.

Also, MGS4 is what killed the series. One of the worst games ever (besides MW3 and BLOPs 2 of course) solely on the story. Not only did it suck, but it ruined all the games before it. Everything from Vamp not really being a vampire (if I recall), to Liquid not really taking over Ocelots body, to everything trying to be explained via nanomachines, to Ocelot dying, to literally everything else, just kills the whole mystique of the previous stories. I try and pretend I never played it. Unfortunately, I have TWO copies, and one is a limited edition, lol. (one came with my ps3).

More on topic, to my eyes it does look like a hut, but just because it looks like one doesn't necessarily mean it is. I'm trying more and more to stick with the facts, as I know the human imagination can run wild, especially ones ignorant of science.

That being said, I think most of us have known for a while that NASA doctors the color of their photo's to make them look more inhospitable, so anything's possible I guess. I also don't immediately discount things just because they seem improbable initially. However, I doubt if NASA was competent enough to keep aliens a secret for this long, they wouldn't be so incompetent as to post a photo like this on their own website if it was really a hut.

Then again, never underestimate human incompetence, lol.

BTW, Johnny Sasaki is actually the name of the recurring guard (when you get captured in MGS) that has chronic diarrhea, and allows you to escape, lol. He's Akiba in MGS4 if I recall.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Riddick left it on his temporary stay on that planet before the bounty hunters nabbed him. It was before he got the eye-shine job done.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I got you. The only reason i liked it was for the 'new-age' graphics in the game. Storyline-wise it wasn't there.

Aside from that, this is way to anomalous for any real speculation. As you say, NASA might have slipped.
But my thoughts are, wouldn't their be more than just 1 hut in the middle of nowhere?!
I'm really tired of this speculation, ATS should start a 'Mission to Outer Space Fund'.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

I agree it definitely looks like either a structure or some kind of vegetation.
I also can't help but notice that all of the are collected into a single narrow band like a road.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Hayzito

I got you. The only reason i liked it was for the 'new-age' graphics in the game. Storyline-wise it wasn't there.

Aside from that, this is way to anomalous for any real speculation. As you say, NASA might have slipped.
But my thoughts are, wouldn't their be more than just 1 hut in the middle of nowhere?!
I'm really tired of this speculation, ATS should start a 'Mission to Outer Space Fund'.

At the very least a weed through all the bullsh*t fund, lol.

We already have planned human missions to Mars (civilian missions to boot), so I guess eventually we'll find out for sure. It'll just be 20-30 more years, lol.

Seriously though, if that Gary Mckinnon guy is really telling the truth (and he really is being prosecuted for hacking into the governments computers), then why hasn't some hacking group like anonymous hacked in and found anything yet?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Hayzito

nypost.com...

GALAXY NOT Solar System!

It's like this, Our Solar System exists within a Galaxy which is in a cluster of Galaxies, within the Universe.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Well, my apologies JadeStar. Yes, Galaxy, not Solar System.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

An MGS fan? You should take a look at the thread in my signature. It pertains to MGS2.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Razziazoid

An MGS fan? You should take a look at the thread in my signature. It pertains to MGS2.

You don't have a thread in your signature. I am, however, also a huge Goldeneye fan as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki
That being said, I think most of us have known for a while that NASA doctors the color of their photo's to make them look more inhospitable, so anything's possible I guess.

That doesn't happen with greyscale images, but people still complain about them.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

JadeStar

breadinspector

JadeStar
(other nonsense deleted)

breadinspector
Pluto is not debris mate, it has lush green grass and blue skys and oceans just like earth.

I believe you have lush green grass as well. Care to share?

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: pass the dutchie on the left hand side

According to john lear all 40 planets in our solar system are lushious with green grass and blue oceans, dont tell me you beleive the NAZA lies?
Theyre the biggest gas giant in the solar system.

I don't have to believe anything. I own a telescope, I am an astronomy student. I can see and photograph the planets in our solar system and they are not lush with green grass.

Why would you believe John Lear is the better question.

Honestly, he strikes me as someone who gets a kick out of people who didn't pay attention in science class or whose schools were so bad they lack a basic level of education.

NASA is not some huge powerful organization, it never was, not even in the 1960s at the height of Apollo. Also many INDEPENDENT researchers (you know, people who don't work for NASA) have access to much larger telescopes than mine.

Don't you think if Mars, or Pluto as you allege were "lush with green grass and oceans" they'd be queuing up for their million dollars and Nobel Prize?

Put the thinking cap on.

You're free to believe in John Lear's stories, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or whatever, but it doesn't make it real.

I choose fact over fiction. I choose evidence over belief

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc.
Evidence is wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We might get some more truth about mars when the Indian craft arrives.

The same way we got more info when they reached the moon and we suddenly had NASA scrambling to try and claim they had previously said there was lots more water on the moon. BS.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

We might get some more truth about mars when the Indian craft arrives.

Hopefully we will learn how much if any Methane there is in the Martian atmosphere as that's one of the main instruments on India's Mars Orbiter , other than that I wouldn't get your hopes up .

reply to post by breadinspector

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, .

And of course you have a link to show that these "mirrors in space" exist .

youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc. Evidence is wrong

That is the real planet Mars you can deny it all you like but until you provide evidence to show otherwise you're just talking through your hat .

edit on 5-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by breadinspector

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc.
Evidence is wrong.

"True form"? Are these mirrors from a carnival fun house?

How are these "mirrors" "held" in place? Are they in orbit around them in perfect synchronization with Earth's view? Oh wait, we've sent spacecraft to study the planets multiple times from multiple angles...

Do these "mirrors" completely envelope these planets as spheres?

Why are they there?

You mention evidence, what's yours?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join