It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indigo Children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Mayet, wow you really are medically beyond what most doctors medically are able to contend with and a raised immune system and healing faster from everything else and higher adrenaline levels, you have intrigued me I myself have doctors wonder too as a very young child my immune system wasn't the best but as many times as being sick very very ill, I've caught scarlet fever, and something else too as a teen I had come home from school one day & told my mom I wanted to crash for a few hours woke up with a 105.3 fever and lived to tell the story. and then when I should have needed pain killers for a root canal once they asked me how I got through it without painkillers. I guess you could say I've baffled some and then oh I know i too have raised adrenaline levels I use to play soccer and believe me no one on the opposing team ever wanted to get in my path, my coaches wondered sometimes and then I use to shake a bit after each game took me forever to wind down. one experience I'll never forget was during a saturday game I don't know how it happened but someghow I started literally seeing red and it was like I was merely along for the ride my body I guess sort of took over had a mind of its own a kid trying to hurt me to get the ball ended up on his back, he looked pretty white and I really didn't understand what had transpired but he ended up hurt the rest of the game. I sort of came out of whatever had happened to my body and its only ever happened once more in a different situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have heard this Indigo Child business for a year now, and I'm as confused as ever.

To me, "Indigo Child" sounds like classical ADD. I understand that many self-described indigo Children talk of "special gifts", but what exactly are they? If there is a thing that "indigo children" can provide to make their world a better place, can anyone tell me what that is -- and give some examples?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello,

Most indigo children have increased empathic abilities, often confusing others' emotions as their own. Some are diagnosed with ADD and prescribed to take treatment that actually inhibits part of their growth.

Most of the descriptions of indigo children that you read on the internet are fictitious. They are created to attract a large (the reason why the descriptions are ambigious) crowd from which they can get money with several "services".

Indigo children can help just like me and you can, by raising our vibrational frequency and hopefully rid our collective consciousness of egoic identification.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wonder what percentage of people are considered to be INdigo Children. If anyone knows this I would like to know.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey, if you want to know what an indigo is you should probably avoid those sites that try to portray us. Many of those sites are made by sincere people, but the problem is they are not indigos themselves so they don't really understand what we are. The descriptions they give are descriptions of us from the outside of our own experience. Please take them very lightly.

Being an indigo is about searching, understanding, and most importantly BEING. It is a state of mind. An indigo may not always have "gifts." Myself, as for "psychic" abilities, I am empathetic and intuitive, and that's about it so far. I have met a few indigos online that don't even have experience with psychic abilities.

On those sites you might read that we make up some figure like 80% of all kids from 1980 or something like that. This is not true, it is probably a marketing scheme. I am 18 years old and have not met an indigo "in real life" ever. I have met some online but still a full indigo is very rare.

About ADD/ADHD: Not every kid with ADD/ADHD is indigo obviously, and not every indigo has ADD/ADHD. I will tell you how and why people see this as a trait of many us. Indigos are very empathetic and aware. They know what is natural and what is evil, what is lie, what is ego. In order to shut out the massive negative energies of this world, indigo guy starts to daydream, zone out, and block out a lot of things. This is where the ADD/ADHD thing comes from.

Being an indigo is about being. It is about knowing what is natural, what is real, and just being that type of person. This is not our personality, it is not an image like so many people put forth. It is seeking truth in all situations not because we just "want" truth, but because it is the only thing for us. Truth is the only way, there is no other way. It is seeing truth in the thick of the opposite. It is simply being what we are. We do not act, we just are. That's the difference between an indigo and a "rebel" kid or whatever. Our core knows what is real, and we are that kind of person. "Rebels" often go to some extreme, being rebellous to everything simply because it is the image they want. A "rebellious person" may abandon respect, compassion, caring. I have known many "rebel" kids and they are not like us at all. They will spit in everyones' faces when they don't get what they want, because they do not see the whole of the situation, they do not see from different perspectives.

Also, anyone can shift to "indigo." Just because I came to this world as an indigo does not mean other people cannot shift to this. It is a mindset. All you need to do is discover it and slowly you will start to be it.

"Indigos" are not better or worse than anyone else, as everyone has his place in this universe. We are all infinite, just in different phases of discovering that.

I can help answer any other questions or comments. I would like to talk more, but must leave right now. I will stop by again.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I agree with you spacesounds, I am much like you & mayet in many ways, I was born in the latter half of of the 70's, I'm a part of the indigo as well our gifts do at times make it harder to connect to some though cause they don't either understand some don't really I think even want to. Even when I try to describe to people what indigo is some call it other "label" names some deny it. I feel comfortable with gifted even some older than myself. I drifted you could say from my peer group I grew up in, cause they didn't understand or it was just simply what was to be. empathy is a gift of many indigos like trying to help someone and actually taking their emotions into us or some can heal by touch or reiki as some have heard of or empathic healers or those with gift of inner sight. Some gifted seem to take the weight of the world onto their shoulders.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I also agree with you space sounds.

Frankly, now, I don't see the point of "Indigo" and as I said in other now defunct thread, I don't identify with the label anymore. Alright so we are evolved souls, what next? What are we suppose to be doing? What role do we play in this world? What difference does it make to me knowing I am Indigo?

I prefer saying I am just a spiritual person, than using this limiting label, because this label has become very corrupted. I may even have a problem with the label "spiritual" later

I've met people who think like me, you know non conformists, wise perceptive, empathic, intuitive, honest, sensitive and respect life and the universe, yet they don't call themselves Indigos. Conversely, there are people who call themselves Indigos when they are the opposite of the aforementioned. So the label "Indigo" no longer has any meaning or significance.

I also think that assigning a label like this, which make no question about it is declaring spiritual maturity can lead to delusions of progress and hinder your real spiritual evolution.

Do you remember those channelings I use to do with RA/whatever. Well I stopped doing them, because I realised how vulnerable I was to deluding myself. If I had continued with this belief that I am channeling an entity, it would become more difficultt to doubt what I wrote and I would have reached a point of no return. So instead of seeing it as a spiritual exercise, I saw it as a creative exercise. Where what I am channeling is simply information from a higher state of my own consciousness, incidentally' RA' told me exactly the same thing. This way, I do not need create some abstract notions that I cannot verify.

Likewise, I feel the same for god, if god really is myself at the non-dualistic, absolute and transcedental me. If I really am the entire universe personfied, then everything is contained within me - you are contained within me. The angels, the guides, the various realms and layers of existence are contained within me. So why do I refer to God as separate from me? Why do I need to create the concept of a god at all? Why do I even need the word? It is another abstract notion that I cannot verify to be true.

So by using terms like "ultimate self" or "supreme self" I do not have to believe in something I cannot verify to be true, because I can verify my existence to be true.

I've always had a problem in believing in the hierarchy of angels, because it's not something I have experienced, and it's not something anyone can prove. If I had continued my channeling exercises, I would be as convinced I'm in contact with angels/higher masters as those who believe they actually are in contact with angels/higher masters. But what is to say that it isn't just a figment of their imagination? Can they prove it isn't?

You can say the same about those who believe they had past lives in atlantis, on mars or on Orion.

When I am spiritually enlightened, I will know. There will be no doubts, no questions, I will simply know and I will be able to prove it. Today, this moment I cannot prove it and I can still doubt it, therefore I am not spiritually enlightened. But by acknowleding that I have proven that I am in the process of spiritual enlightement and this orientation is the real Indigo mindset. A real Indigo child is one who is closer to truth and truth is god himself.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bwahaha... this is a very long thread and I didn't read it all... But I definately fit the description.

I was an extremely sensitive child who was always acutely aware of other people's thoughts. I never liked social interactions, and was very emotional and easily hurt (no shielding). I was born with talents in music and art (which is largely due to my dna as I have a very artistic family) and always had a deep interest in the occult and the spirtual side of things as well as respect for our planet and the natural world. As a small child I remember going into a trancelike state everal times from looking at my reflection in the mirror and pondering my existance. I have several photos over the years that show an indigo or ultraviolet aura around the top of my head. I haven't met many people like me, but do occasionally cross paths with someone of the same 'type' of soul.

I too believe that my purpose here is to inspire everyone I meet and help activate their higher selves, which will help to change the planet. My recent interest has been in the area of brain change and the reprogramming of my neural networks and embedded conditioning. I think this is a very important step in our development as a species, because without this undertaking, fundamentalism will overrun the world and cause armegeddon to become a reality. I'm optimistic that we will evolve spiritually though, because everybody inherently knows the difference between right and wrong and is in the process of becoming their true selves, and the effect is exponential.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by DruidTek]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here is an interesting and profound thought I've been having on spiritual enlightenment. It actually occured to me a few days ago, but I remembered that thought again whilst composing the previous post.

It goes a little like this "We are most spiritually enlightened when we know nothing" I received this thought when I was pondering over rebirth and the purpose of life. It is said that we reincarnate and have a succession of lives before we break free of the karmic wheel. It is unknown how many past lives we have lead, but it is suppose to a huge amount. Now suppose you spend all this life seeking spiritual enlightenment. You read all the spiritual scriptures and philosophies and build up a body of profound knowledge and you meditate and raise your vibrations. You become reveered as a Guru. Then you die and reincarnate, you are now a 3 year old child, you no longer have any of the knowledge of anything, heck you wet your dipers and cry all the time, yet you are enlightened.

Therefore knowledge has nothing to do with enlightenment. Even when we know nothing we can be enlightened. It's a funny thought, eh, that a professor of physics at Harvard or a yoga master of the Himalayas could be less enlightened than a 3 year old child?

This is why this thought is very important, it's saying to me, don't look for spiritual enlightenment in knowledge. This has a parallel to the parable in the bible when Adam and Eve chose the tree of knowledge, when they shouldn't have.

I am going to use this new thought as my sig, which ironically enough is about knowledge as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The description of an Indigo Child that you gave...i can say has described me and my personality and my way of life exceptionaly..except the suicide part..i love lifes beauty..although it kinda worries me...it seems that being an Indigo Child,comes responsibility...an im not to sure if there is certain things i should do...if thus being one..can someone help me out..it would really be great...ThnX~

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Here is an interesting and profound thought I've been having on spiritual enlightenment. It actually occured to me a few days ago, but I remembered that thought again whilst composing the previous post.

It goes a little like this "We are most spiritually enlightened when we know nothing" I received this thought when I was pondering over rebirth and the purpose of life. It is said that we reincarnate and have a succession of lives before we break free of the karmic wheel. It is unknown how many past lives we have lead, but it is suppose to a huge amount. Now suppose you spend all this life seeking spiritual enlightenment. You read all the spiritual scriptures and philosophies and build up a body of profound knowledge and you meditate and raise your vibrations. You become reveered as a Guru. Then you die and reincarnate, you are now a 3 year old child, you no longer have any of the knowledge of anything, heck you wet your dipers and cry all the time, yet you are enlightened.

Therefore knowledge has nothing to do with enlightenment. Even when we know nothing we can be enlightened. It's a funny thought, eh, that a professor of physics at Harvard or a yoga master of the Himalayas could be less enlightened than a 3 year old child?

This is why this thought is very important, it's saying to me, don't look for spiritual enlightenment in knowledge. This has a parallel to the parable in the bible when Adam and Eve chose the tree of knowledge, when they shouldn't have.

I am going to use this new thought as my sig, which ironically enough is about knowledge as well.

I find this very hypothetical and complex. I have to go now though so I will respond later hopefully.

Also would like to say, IC, that whenever I read your words I feel very connected to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have a question for you I.C.

Do you think that we can call returnees in a TV show 4400, Indigo Children?

And my personal observation.
I find very interesting that many of IC attackers are extremely patriotic posters on ATS Forum about War on Terrorism.

Cheers
yanchek

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
most IC attackers like to debate war on here most I've seen are for it but the consequence of war is death, destruction, biological warfare, poisoning of natural resources, greed, politics, there is nothing good that comes from war no one ever wins. history just keeps repeating itself different governments more war. gifted, enlightened people see the suffering they feel it on a huge scale empathy, even reiki healers can feel it , gifted all over see this and is it really necessary all this war, even I contemplate war nothing ever is accomplished in war. its time someone listened to gifted enlightened people, there is a better way to living then creating wars. there is a saying I've heard of that says for all these wars the earth will eventually fight back. We are seeing this take place already though not many truly understand that the earth is starting to fight back. The earth is using weather and other means to fight back. I think its time the gifted enlightened people get a chance to turn things around.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Once we are enlightened we break free of the wheel of Samsara. Knowledge has nothing to do with it. Once we break free of the opposites, learn to disidentify with egos and live in the NOW, we will become enlightened.

When one is enlightened one would not come back as a 3 year old child, that is unless you wanted to.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Once we are enlightened we break free of the wheel of Samsara. Knowledge has nothing to do with it. Once we break free of the opposites, learn to disidentify with egos and live in the NOW, we will become enlightened.

When one is enlightened one would not come back as a 3 year old child, that is unless you wanted to.

What do you mean by "break free of the opposites?"

Ah, that's what I was going to ask IC, if you would come back as a child? And if you did, wouldn't you retain higher access to your higher self, or whatever? That's where it gets complex to me. I wonder, what is being enlightened, during life, and then after death, and then into a next life...

But I agree and always have that knowledge has nothing to do with it.

Also, IC, in my last post where I said I feel a connection to you when reading what you say (I have felt this ever since I started reading your posts a while back, way before I was registered here), after I replied directly to your quote it was stronger than before. It felt like I knew who I was talking to. I think at least we are on a very similar vibration or something
, and/or we know each other already

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacesounds

Ah, that's what I was going to ask IC, if you would come back as a child? And if you did, wouldn't you retain higher access to your higher self, or whatever? That's where it gets complex to me. I wonder, what is being enlightened, during life, and then after death, and then into a next life...

To break free of the opposites is to go beyond duality. When one is free of duality one stops labelling and judging things with such relative words such as short, tall, evil, and good - there just IS.

When a master decides to reincarnate into a physical body once he/she is free from the wheel of Samsara he/she is born awakened. He/she does not live with a conditioned identification with the egos, and realizes the need to help others break free from their identification.

Being enlightened is to destroy the egos. Without the egos one breaks free from the conditioned negation of the moment. One no longer looks as the moment as a means to an end, the moment IS. One masters oneself in the HERE and NOW, not in 10 years, not tommorow, only NOW, there is no other time. If you think you need time to awaken, it will take you time to realize that time is not needed to do so.

[edit on 13/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

no posts after 12th sep 2005 .. looking for you for some questions i have

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Being enlightened is to destroy the egos. Without the egos one breaks free from the conditioned negation of the moment. One no longer looks as the moment as a means to an end, the moment IS. One masters oneself in the HERE and NOW, not in 10 years, not tommorow, only NOW, there is no other time. If you think you need time to awaken, it will take you time to realize that time is not needed to do so.

I could not have said it better myself AkashicWanderer...The now is the only part of yourself that matters and the only time that matters. The past and future are irrelevant if you can't come to terms on who you are now. The present can reshape the past as well as form the future into whatever you can imagine. The power of the mind is endless yet I think most people take reality to be all that is and ever shall be. I don't mean that matter is created or destroyed, but that matter can come from out of the air (antimatter converted to matter) for energy healing etc. Just because something is invisible to your five (actually 6-7 senses, but that's another story) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm fond of saying that we spend our whole lives trying to remember what we've been taught to forget. My thanks Indigo_Child for sending out some reminders.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacesounds

To break free of the opposites is to go beyond duality. When one is free of duality one stops labelling and judging things with such relative words such as short, tall, evil, and good - there just IS.

When a master decides to reincarnate into a physical body once he/she is free from the wheel of Samsara he/she is born awakened. He/she does not live with a conditioned identification with the egos, and realizes the need to help others break free from their identification.

Yes, release the ego.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by selfless]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join