It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up UK: Devastating 100mph storm to bring 48 hours of ‘utter hell’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

You can hear the wind gusting and trees rustling indoors, with the sun still out.. Weekend should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Does this mean our electricity will get cheaper, spinning all those turbines on our horzion?

|N|o? Its still going up 10% you say?

I am jacks lack of surprise

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Ironically, they will be turned off to stop them from getting damaged! Really who turns off a wind generator because it's too windy!!???

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Biigs
Does this mean our electricity will get cheaper, spinning all those turbines on our horzion?

|N|o? Its still going up 10% you say?

I am jacks lack of surprise

Don't he silly it will be more like 'these strong winds have took down power lines do we have to pay for those '

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
hahahah! all together now.. *communal facepalm*

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am an overhead linesman working for the electricity board. There are so many wires (LV) on our network that run through trees, that I fear this is gonna be pretty rough for us. I'm doubly annoyed by the fact I'm on standby Monday night...me thinks I may be busy!

I will keep you posted on how many faults I get.

DM

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Not a chance, it does mean however that some of those wind turbines could quite possible fall over or overheat and burn!

Cheap electricity!!!

Maybe in a galaxy,far, far away! LoL

edit on 25-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Im on the UK south coast halfway up the Bristol channel so its going to be pretty bad where i am. I remember the last big storm of 1990, it was pretty awesome

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I looked at the weather map and im right in the middle of the storm I live only about 2 miles from the coast, I will keep my camera charged and take some pictures

img202.imageshack.us...
edit on 25-10-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
sounds like the perfect kind of day for us Scots to hang our washing out, if not a bit milder

I did speak to the captain of a supply vessel out in the Scottish north sea this afternoon who had both marine antennas destroyed by the weather last night though.
edit on 25-10-2013 by zeetroyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bucklel down and stay safe. As an experienced hurricane survivor I recommend candles and flashlights (I think you guys call them torches) Some books for entertainment while the power is out. We store water but that's because storm surge brings salt water inland. Not sure if you could face that. Shop early the stores sell out fast in these cases. Canned food and if you have time make big blocks of ice. Like large milk bottles so that you won't have to toss spoiled food come Tues. morning. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

It's picking up now mate. Good luck on Monday!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yay storm "Monday". Reminds me of that shiz they hyped back in 2008... maybe it's time to break out "storm watch" again

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sorry I still don't know how to add a YouTube vid on the new ats using my phons but here's an amusing video

Tie down or secure your trampoline !
m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Great time to do so

Stay safe all

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Looking out my hotel window in the Soutwest this morning. The clouds are high and light. Patches of blue around. nice and chilled for a saturday morning. the calm before the storm!! QUEUE DRAMATIC MUSIC.

Im thinking ride of the Valkyries!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I wonder if it will be blamed on 'Global Scamming, erm I mean Warming'.????
2nd or possibly 3rd who knows?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hello not a storm chart reader but here is some projections...

you can get more info from the site.

St Jude Day STORM

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This, to come, after a huge X-flare on the Sun yesterday. We've already had a big quake in Japan. This coming storm could be SENSATIONAL.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I always enjoy a nice spot of Requiem for a Dream during a storm.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join