It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop whining about Obamacare, a default would have been worse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Look I don't like Obamacare but the fact of the matter the house, the senate, the supreme court, and the president have all put it into law.

Risking a default to try and prevent this, is probably one of the most asinine things I have ever witnessed, and tonight there were 144 in congress that voted no on the budget bill, essentially saying go ahead and default, we don't care.

Do people even realize what would happen if this came to pass?

I can't believe the stupidity of some people

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Just wondering what your personal situation is? Are you subject to obamacare?

If you are, did you get "free healthcare?" Or, do you make $50,000.00 a year, have 4 kids, have your healthcare taken away - and given obamacare at $10,000 a month with a $15,000.00 deductible?

Or, do you work for the gov't?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If we can not pay the bills we have now how on earth are we going to afford Socialized medicine? All of you progressive sheep are going to be shocked when you find out the truth. You have been fooled.

And raising the debt ceiling is only temporary. The piper will be paid. If you make under 12 dollars an hour you are screwed. This is a fact. Time to wake up.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The USA needs to default on its debt. Can you not see that? Why is everyone so blind to it? The entire economy is fake. It's not real. It's paper money, like a game of monopoly. It's time to let it default so true change can occur. It's only going to get worse. 16 trillion this time, 20 trillion next time.... How many trillions does it have get to, before we see it as a joke? The united states is now..... 14632002093495471262378645 Quadrillion in debt, lets raise the debt ceiling again!!! It worked last time.... If the government can raise their debt ceiling like that, then I don't have to pay my bills. I'll just take a loan from the bank and pay my bills, then when my bills need paying again, I'll take a loan from the bank and pay my bills..... It's idiotic.

Let the usa default. Either that, or give everyone the ability to borrow as much money as they want to pay for anything they want. Because making the people be slaves to a system that doesn't apply to the government that runs it, is like being in a prison. Our entire lives are fabricated and controlled. Wake up.
edit on 17-10-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

CoolStoryMan
Look I don't like Obamacare but the fact of the matter the house, the senate, the supreme court, and the president have all put it into law.

Risking a default to try and prevent this, is probably one of the most asinine things I have ever witnessed, and tonight there were 144 in congress that voted no on the budget bill, essentially saying go ahead and default, we don't care.

Simple question: How would the United States gone into default? Would we not have had the money to pay our debtors (not talking about domestic programs; although we are certainly debtors)....Annually we take in $2.2+/- trillion in taxes. That amounts to roughly $6 billion a day. You don't think we could satisfy our debtors with that?

It wasn't as if the Federal Government stopped collecting taxes. The notion of a "default" (given that we stuffed debtors back in 1814 and technically in 1979) is farce; a ploy; a game; scare-tactics that won....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a "free lunch".

That's pretty much it. It covers the debt and the healthcare. We are screwed because a lot of folks are getting "free lunch". They want to keep getting "free lunch" no matter how much it costs... them, us... whoever.

They just keep lining up for the "free" and it is costing us everything.

Why not default (ploy)? With this line of thinking, it is inevitable. We are only putting it off for a bit longer. Do you want your band aid removed slowly or really fast?

The "free lunch" bus is leaving the station and a ton of folks are going to be left wondering WTF happened to that "free ride".

Gas, gr***, or a**... nobody rides for free.

My dad taught me the first one. Real life taught me the second one.

Either decision would have been political madness. There is no alternative outcome.
edit on 10/17/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There is never an ideal time to stand up to tyranny except for right now.

And who cares if its a law?

Slavery was a law at one point, upheld by the Supreme Court, but aren't we glad that everyone didn't just accept it and move on?

That's a ridiculous argument.

"Its law so why bother fighting it".

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

That is a great rant - if I could figure out how to give stars - you'd get them.

This is the truth - nothings real - except when we are going to get thrown out of our houses and we're hungry - the gov't doesn't get "thrown out". but they've managed to do it to real people in this fake economy -

This is all BS - and it's time to put an end to it.... Let's all default - seriously DEFAULT - let's not pay taxes, let's just take what we want from the people who seem to have it all fixed in their favor.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

i don't have, get or want anything i work for a small business, if anything i hate the fact that i am going to be "forced" to get insurance or be fined or whatever the hell they want to do. But risking a default over this is just crazy, like I don't think alot of people realize the seriousness of this.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Spookybelle
There is never an ideal time to stand up to tyranny except for right now.

And who cares if its a law?

Slavery was a law at one point, upheld by the Supreme Court, but aren't we glad that everyone didn't just accept it and move on?

That's a ridiculous argument.

"Its law so why bother fighting it".

right, because owning people as property, and trying to establish a healthcare system are the same thing

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

CoolStoryMan
right, because owning people as property, and trying to establish a healthcare system are the same thing

Was there no heath-care system prior? I surely received care freely before this law came into effect; how can this be!?!

This law doesn't provide care...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

CoolStoryMan
I don't think alot of people realize the seriousness of this.

That's the same logic I use when I don't want to stop drinking too. Though with more sherioushnessh.

It never ends well. Not because I stopped drinking or I kept drinking... but because I started drinking too much in the first place. Can't undrink what's already been drunk though.

Neither following day is pleasant... but keeping drinking lands me in jail or dead. Possibly other people too. Stopping now just leaves a mess for me to clean up in the morning.

Once I get rid of this headache...

Just... just gonna lay down a sec...

Maybe... just... one more... *hic*... zzzzzzzzz
edit on 17-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

From experience I can tell you yes. About a decade ago I had to be hospitalized for pneumonia. I had no insurance so I let the flu get worse and worse until I would have died had I not gone to the ER that night. I was in intensive care for 8 days. Constant IV antibiotics, chest x-rays, nebulizers, pain meds, etc. left me a bill of around $38,000. BUT.... I was not turned away for being uninsured. I was not even asked about coverage for at least 48 hours. That left me being hospitalized for 6 days after they found out I was uncovered. They saved my life anyway.

We had/have measures in place beforehand for people. I am not sure why everyone is acting like we didn't. It wasn't perfect but neither is this.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I don't know... I've got a bad feeling about this. We will have to see what happens with Obama Care. I'll put it in the record that I'm skeptical that Obama Care is just about affordable health care.
edit on 17-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

CoolStoryMan

Actually, what happened here was brilliant! The GOP lost the fierce battle with the evil tyrant. So when Obamacare does a tailspin, the GOP will be the knight in shining armor. Everything that happens in politics is plotted and has a reason. Obama right now thinks he has won. Meanwhile the US citizens are gonna turn on him something fierce. No this just isn't my anti Obama mind spinning fairy tales here. Obamacare is soo messed up that this is all a certainty.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Do what? Oh I.m gonna whine about Otrauma care all the way until they gut ME for not paying and decide I can no longer breathe the air since I can.t pay for it.... and you.'re obviously not an economics major.. the debt ceiling is a law devised by congress .. that's it... nothing more! To not raise it means they have to stop wasting money ... and BUDGET... gasp. We wouldn't default on anything
edit on 17-10-2013 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 17-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

CoolStoryMan

So the government threaten you with something worse and now obamacare doesnt seem so bad?? Government can see people like you coming a mile off.

do you think Obamacare is the answer to the US debt problem? get a grip!

The US is in too deep and has no way out. It will still come, they have just postponed it. I'm not American but Obamacare sounds like a scam to me and you think people should just bend over because the government threatened them with something worse?

fair enough just bend over, put your nose up Obamas ass, take it in the rear from the rest of congress while the rest of the US try and stop it.

BTW, love the irony in that last sentence of your post...haha the stupidity of some people...good one

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Affordable care act is a wonderful idea but if goverment does not do any saving plans, it does not have a future.
Life is uncertain so eat your dessert first, seems to be the goverment policy.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

its funny that you actually believe that obamacare and are national debt are not completely intertwined. One example would be that they are both used to blind us of the fact that America kills children, poisons us with food and drink and prescription drugs, and Amerika is slowly but surely becoming a police state and coming after guns harder and faster than ever(all while dealing and selling guns and "illegal drugs".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join