It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm convinced god is satan in disguise.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

arpgme
God does nothing to stop a murderer from murdering because of "freewill" meanwhile he does nothing to protect the "freewill" of someone being killed.

God created all evil by creatibg an "angel" of evil (lucifer) knowing wgat he was creating. IF A SCIENTISTS creates something destructuve us the object at fault or the scientist for creatinf it with full knowledge of what he was creatibg?

How can there be an all loving god if gid created a system where beings have to die to survive? Where tge power ful rules the weak unless the weak is "helped"?

You wouldv thibk love would be most powertfil butdeath rules while life trues to survive

For as long as this is the way FREE WILL is understood to operate (regardless of memory function/responsibility mitigation)...it will always be a question...the answer escapes through overthink and the blind eye syndrome...it takes a certain sensibility to accept what role you play - resistance is seeing trees and missing forest, unable/unwilling to refocus back and forth - thinking you need to pay out on the 10cent telescope..."I ain't paying no stinkin' money for no stinkin' telescope to see my way across the grand canyon of cause and effect!"...sad, but true..."and I DO NOT have a problem with denial!"..."It's that elusive satan!...oh no, it must be God...wait God is satan...damn I'm confused"...let's bundle them all up together from whence they first 'appeared'...in my head, I'm already there...

Disguise...you'd wanna think hard on that before proceeding...

Considering the imagined/created celestial warfare, you'd think Almightiness would nip-it-in-the-bud, cut-'em-off-at-the-pass?!

...God (what really is satan in disguise) plays good-cop, bad-cop...for what chip?

...disguises?...all a bit Victorian Vaudeville...

Å99

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Maverick7
Don't post drunk?

Though I don't blame you.

Maybe just his keyboard is drunk and keeps moving around? Maybe he's using his cell phone?

What's funny here is that I am Dyslexic and still understood what he was trying to say. He's angry with God because God doesn't stop murderers. Well, God did give us that commandment "Thou shalt not kill", but people tend to disregard it. Don't blame God for what people do.

He put us on this earth for us to live here together, but some people just don't want to live together. I don't want to live with annoying people, but I have to, I can't kill people for being annoying. I don't want to drive down the highway with drunk people waiting to slam their cars into mine, but I have to drive the highway anyway. I can't kill drunk drivers either, but they can sure kill me.

Why do I have to lock my door? People keep telling me that I should, but why should I? They keep telling me people might break in and kill me. Apparently those people breaking in don't want to live with me. Why don't they want to live with me on this planet? Did I do something so horrendous to them that they want me to be dead and not on this planet anymore? God didn't tell them to break in and kill me, they would decide that on their own, because God put them on this planet to live here. It's their choice to listen to God or not. And if they don't listen to "thou shalt not kill" how is that God's fault?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

What's funny here is that I am Dyslexic and still understood what he was trying to say. He's angry with God because God doesn't stop murderers. Well, God did give us that commandment "Thou shalt not kill", but people tend to disregard it. Don't blame God for what people do.

God claims to deserve to rule us by virtue of both being all powerful and being our creator. In the same breath, he denies any responsibility and refuses to be held accountable for failing to utilize his power effectively and turning a blind eye to his gifts being abused.

Imagine if any of our leaders did that. God is the single most coddled little brat in the history of the Earth.
edit on 10-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

God claims to deserve to rule us by virtue of both being all powerful and being our creator. In the same breath, he denies any responsibility and refuses to be held accountable for failing to utilize his power effectively and turning a blind eye to his gifts being abused.

Imagine if any of our leaders did that. God is the single most coddled little brat in the history of the Earth.

Maybe His omnipotence is balanced by His omniscience and omnipresence? If He knows all things and is all powerful and in all placed, then perhaps it is wise of Him to allow His creation of people to not be completely destroyed, because He could do that if He wishes. But since He wishes not to, then perhaps He knows more than we do about ourselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
For a long time I blamed god for all the evil in the world, then I stopped to think. God doesnt want that, but man does. So if there is a god I would say that he is just disapointed in everybody. Stays out of it, and hopes man does right.

Thats what I would anyway. So I blame man, not him, I think he is just doing the best he can, and I dont think he is perfect. If we were made in his immage, then that should tell you something!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Maybe His omnipotence is balanced by His omniscience and omnipresence? If He knows all things and is all powerful and in all placed, then perhaps it is wise of Him to allow His creation of people to not be completely destroyed, because He could do that if He wishes. But since He wishes not to, then perhaps He knows more than we do about ourselves.

Well since you clearly understand so much about what it is to be omnipotent and omniscient and omnipresent, maybe you could have a word with him and arrange a meeting here on Earth so we could hold a long-overdue review of the contract outlining our relationship with him. I can think of a few changes I wouldn't mind seeing.

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that if God is exactly as he has been described by countless Christians everywhere, he knew we would become like this before he even made Adam. He had every opportunity to prevent the current state of affairs, and yet he chose not to. He had every reason, every means, and every opportunity, and he still chose not to. He came up with a very flawed first draft, knew it was flawed, knew he could perfect it in a twinkle of an eye, knew that we would suffer immensely and that he could prevent it effortlessly, and he still chose not to. He basically acknowledged our self-destruction and said, "Hmm...I can live with that. Think I'll watch for a while and see what happens."

That's why I don't respect the idea referred to as the Abrahamic god.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I can see where you are comming from on that.
I like to look at this whole religious thing from many angles. So that makes sense as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Well since you clearly understand so much about what it is to be omnipotent and omniscient and omnipresent, maybe you could have a word with him and arrange a meeting here on Earth so we could hold a long-overdue review of the contract outlining our relationship with him. I can think of a few changes I wouldn't mind seeing.

/sarcasm

Sarcasm noted.

But even at that, who is going to be the spokesperson for humanity to have this discussion with God? And since people want to judge Him, who is going to be the judge? And then who is going to be the executioner after we come up with new terms for the contract?

Do you have someone in mind to do this job, the representative for humanity?

We do have someone who did come to represent us, but people don't want Him either. You know that we not only say Jesus is God because He has divine nature, He also has the human nature. He came to represent us and did make a new contract, but people don't want the terms of that one either.

So what to do? Can you name someone you feel might best represent humanity in this deal?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

"God claims to deserve to rule us by virtue of both being all powerful and being our creator. In the same breath, he denies any responsibility and refuses to be held accountable for failing to utilize his power effectively and turning a blind eye to his gifts being abused." Quote AfterInfinity

Rebellious teenagers say the same thing (i'm not accusing you of being a rebellious teenager!) about thier parents...power is often used to rule and entitlement would be a natural assumption from this...but, rules are really servo-mechanistic instruments...removing irrelevant data for the job at hand. I would be careful mounting arguments using material that did not make procedural sense...

Å99

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

But even at that, who is going to be the spokesperson for humanity to have this discussion with God?

Isn't it obvious? Seeing as how he's all omnipotent and everything, each of us would represent ourselves. And he would meet with us on a personal basis. Every single potential problem is nothing to him. A thought and he's got it covered. I see no issue with that.

And since people want to judge Him, who is going to be the judge? And then who is going to be the executioner after we come up with new terms for the contract?

Judge him? I never said anything about judging him. Either we all reach an individually-based agreement with him, or he agrees to leave everyone alone who asks him to.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"So what to do? Can you name someone you feel might best represent humanity in this deal?" Quote WarminIndy

Humanity is eminently qualified for the task, being the product of the divine nature, and having no capacity to extinguish its own divine flame...but eminently capable through the auspices of FREE WILL mandate to make-up as much rubbish they want to 'get them through the night'...

Å99

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

after reading the kings james bible i quickly came to the conclusion that the Lord god in the bible is the devil,

for me its in the way that god is referred to that i differentiate between God and satan, and it was in genesis chapter two that i first noticed that god was described as God, and then as Lord god,

and i firmly believe that the Lord God is satan, the rest of the bible made much more sense to me after that.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

sooo.. what do you and Jesus have planned for this afterlife..?

I'm not trying to be snotty, but i think what bothers most people about folks who are so "strong in their faith" that they confidently post some pretty assertive (if only just tangent..) claims like "I'm going to be with Jesus for eternity after i die".. IS:

it REALLY isn't clear what is even being communicated when one says that..

seriously.. if you believe in this after-life and seem to know all about it, I'm sure plenty of people would like to hear the details that have been shared by "The Almighty" or at least explain what is being implied when people say "I am going to spend an eternity with Jesus"..

I'm sure he would make for some interesting conversation but.. eternity..? I'm sure it would eventually get boring for one or both of you..

unless of course, you and Jesus (and God) are in fact the same thing, in which case oops.. you're no longer a Christian, and probably will need to change your avatar..

BTW, if you love Jesus so much, do you really think he would appreciate ANYONE (let alone people claiming to "follow him") using a CROSS to symbolize his teachings..???

hmm.. hmm..
edit on 26-11-2013 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Perhaps Satan is just God in disguise..?

this would be why I tend to favor Hinduism when it comes to mythology. Polytheism allows for a much flexible system (if you must use the concept of "deities") and the dualism between Satan and God can only make for a very rigid, confusing, and overall fairly useless, system of thought/belief.

perhaps you could contribute here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

They are not the same. God gave freewill not only to humans but to Angelic lifeforms as well. Lucifer, who ONCE was the Angel of light, chose by himself to go against the mandates of God, and other Angels known as "the Fallen Angels" also chose of their own freewill not to follow the mandates of God, and to try to go against him and the other angelic lifeforms.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

Most religions have some truth in them, there is not one better than another. Did you know for example that according to Mormon belief God lives and exists on another planet? Jesus himself stated that his Kingdom was not of this Earth.

In Mormon religion it is believed that we existed as spirits before we chose to live as humans. That our spirits are eternal, and that we create our own hell according on how we live life on this human world which is but a place to relearn and experience life. According to Mormon belief Jesus Christ died and atoned for the original sin, and for mankind in general, and that our own hell is created also due to our own sins, not because of the original sin.

Most other Christians believe that there are no more prophets and that no man or woman can have the gift of prophecy anymore or any other gift/power given by God, that is except in Mormon belief. In Mormon religion it is believed that there are prophets even to this day and God can, and does give gifts to anyone, such as the gift of prophecy.

Other early religious groups, back in the time of Jesus Christ and the Apostles believed that we can find God by looking inside of us, not by looking outside, such as is described in the "Gospel of Thomas" which is one of some of the earlier Christian texts which survived the passage of time without the intervention, and changes made on purpose by the Romans which included merging Pagan beliefs with Christian beliefs to control both Christians and Pagans.

Anyway, we all have freewill, and it is your decision to choose what path you believe is the correct one for you.

edit on 27-11-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You'd think someone who was omniscient would be a little better at not failling so hard. Nicholas Cage only saw two minutes into the future and still got more # done.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are going to die in your sins and find yourself in the place which has been prepared for satan unless you repent.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ah, so you would prefer a God that took away freewill from mankind?

The evils in the world happen because of mankind, not because of God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join