It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Pres. Obama acted like the Tea Party…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The politicians who "passed" this bill DID NOT READ IT. Please explain how that is representing the people?

That's cute that you parrot Fox News talking points.

And you have proof for this? Can I predict what you are going to reply with? Might it be Pelosi's quote that is almost always misquoted?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

AlienScience

kozmo
US Adults Are Dumber Than Average Humans

The above link explains how Obama was elected - TWICE. And summarizes how and why this president still has supporters!

It is a well known fact that Democrat voters are much more educated than Republican voters.

Be careful with your accusations...you may just be incriminating yourself.

It's a well known fact that this is a partisan insult and I direct you to this thread to peruse the T&C.
##Members Please Read##: Ending the Political Trolling

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by Indigo5

So the Tea Party terrorists are holding the country hostage? That would be quite humorous if it wasn't so naive and ignorant.

It is not humorous, naïve or ignorant. It is reality. They proudly announced and championed the precise strategy. The capacity for denying reality is what shocks me most about certain ideologues. This is a flat earth retort. The hundreds of PUBLIC statements made by Tea Party politicians from months ago to present were not filmed with look-a-likes in some secret Hollywood studio.

seabag
Who created this country's mountain of debt? The Tea Party?

Both parties can lay claim to that, but a reasonable case can be made that roughly half of the debt was the result of the financial crisis..so you might ask who created the financial crisis....and half was the result of two unfunded wars.

But I am unclear why you asking? The GOP demands aren't demanding debt reduction. The clean spending resolution is literally the GOPs bill..their own spending levels, sequester and all.

What the GOP is demanding is the scuttling of ACA/Obamacare.

And the shut down is ADDING to the debt...and a Credit Default will both ADD Trillions to our national debt and destroy our economy...thus destroying innocent families.

No offense...you seem confused or misinformed on the GOP demands and the consequences.

seabag
Who created the policies of spending more than we take in? The Tea Party?

I don't know? George Washington in borrowing funds to finance the Revolutionary war?

I do know that the policies under this administration has lowered the deficit at a quicker pace than anytime inn the last 60 years. The Deficit is falling.

seabag
Who is pushing the country to the brink over a one year postponement of the Obamacare mandate even though the potus has already granted hundreds of exemptions? The Tea Party?

Yes...It was their declared strategy and they are following through.

seabag
The only group in the entire federal government that's actually trying to rein in spending and be responsible so that our country can prosper is being dismissed as a group of terrorists??

Ridiculous!!!

The TP is making ZERO spending demands on the continuing spending resolution and the Debt Ceiling hike????

The "Clean Resolution" is the spending resolution that the GOP House constructed and passed...it has just been stripped of the language scuttling Obamacare.

Again...Partisanship aside, you seem misinformed or confused on the issue.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is a well known fact that Democrat voters are much more educated than Republican voters.

I have yet to see this ever be proven.

Par for the course from the party of tolerance,compassion,sympathy, and 'equality'.

'Intellectual' snobbery strikes again.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

camaro68ssI think its all crazy. I’m now forced by law to buy goods and services. I don’t even think Hitler went that far. And now we are debating on if we should increase our credit card limit so we can pay off the other credit cards.

We are in trouble folks. start getting ready for winter, its going to be a cold one.

Oh really?

Aren't you already also forced to buy car insurance? Isn't car insurance mandatory?

And isn't it mandatory to pass an emissions and technical inspection every couple of years?

Oh, I get it. That doesn't count.

You people really are out of this world, aren't you?

link   

AlienScience

kozmo

The above link explains how Obama was elected - TWICE. And summarizes how and why this president still has supporters!

According to a recent Pew Research report:

Pew Report: Republicans Smarter Than Democrats: Tea Party More Educated

n a scientific survey of 1,168 adults conducted during September and October of last year, respondents were asked not only multiple-choice questions, but also queries using maps, photographs and symbols. Among other subjects, participants identified international leaders, cabinet members, Supreme Court justices, nations on a world map, the current unemployment and poverty rates and war casualty totals.

In a 2010 Pew survey, Republicans outperformed Democrats on 10 of 12 questions, with one tie and Democrats outperforming Republicans on just 1 of the 12. In the latest survey, however, Republicans outperformed Democrats on every single one of 19 questions.
Amusingly, the Pew report attempted to soften the stark partisan knowledge disparity:

“Republicans generally outperformed Democrats on the current quiz. On 13 of the 19 questions, Republicans score significantly higher than Democrats and there are no questions on which Democrats did better than Republicans. In past knowledge quizzes, partisan differences have been more muted, though Republicans often have scored somewhat higher than Democrats.”

“Generally outperformed?” “Somewhat higher?” That’s a curiously charitable way to describe the surveys, which went from previous blowouts to a complete shutout in the latest edition.
Those Pew results are confirmed by some surprising other sources.

According to a New York Times headline dated April 14, 2010, “Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated.” Shattering widespread myths, that survey revealed that Tea Party supporters were more likely to possess a college degree than their counterparts (23% to 15%), and also more likely to have completed post-graduate studies (14% to 10%).

Tea Partiers were also more likely to have completed “some college” by a 33% to 28% margin, and substantially less likely to have not completed high school than non-supporters (3% versus 12%), or to possess only a high school degree (26% versus 35%)…

www.maggiesnotebook.com...
www.gopusa.com...
www.liveleak.com...

link   

Krazysh0t

AlienScience

kozmo

It's a well known fact that this is a partisan insult and I direct you to this thread to peruse the T&C.
##Members Please Read##: Ending the Political Trolling

I don't think facts can be a partisan attack...they are just facts.

Poll after poll, survey after survey, all show that Democrats have more college education than Republicans.

These are just cold hard facts...facts are not an attack. I was responding to an attack with facts.

Sometimes facts may seem offensive if you fall on the wrong end of them, but that isn't a reason for us not to bring up facts.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by jjkenobi

The politicians who "passed" this bill DID NOT READ IT. Please explain how that is representing the people?

That's cute that you parrot Fox News talking points.

And you have proof for this? Can I predict what you are going to reply with? Might it be Pelosi's quote that is almost always misquoted?

huh?

Nope just saying how it was.

But hey who cares though right ?

The church of holy dogma sounds 'cooler'.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

None of those polls are facts. Polls are some of the easiest things to skew. Me thinks that if I asked you to post these "polls after polls" I'd see a bunch of left wing news sites. All you are doing with your opinion and "facts" is fueling the partisan theater that the thread I linked is telling ATS members not to partake in. You can argue with me all you want, but how about I alert a moderator to the post and see what they think? By the way, I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, so I'm not personally offended by your post, but that still doesn't make it right.

By the way, having a college education doesn't mean that you are smarter then someone who doesn't. We all know that if you are a valuable member to a college's sports team then you can basically get a free ride through college or at the very least directed to take the easiest classes possible to graduate. There are also plenty of self-made millionaires who don't have a college education either.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

seabag
So the Tea Party terrorists are holding the country hostage?

It's pretty wild that the left keeps blaming this countrys problems on the Tea Party.
There are so very few of them in Washington DC .. and yet supposedly they are the
ones screwing up the country.

Yeah ... right. (sarcasm)

Obama owns this. It's his problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Poll after poll, survey after survey, all show that Democrats have more college education than Republicans

Yeah facts are facts like:

Spending $100k+ for a job that pays less than $40k doesn't sound to 'smart' to me.

But hey keep on thinking the left is 'better','smarter' than the right.

Yawn.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

And the point is ?

Not paying attention to SS,Medicare,Medicaid ?

And again...reforming those programs was not amongst the TP demands when they took our economy Hostage.

Democrats...and the President again today...said explicitly that he was interested in hearing from the GOP on reforming those programs and having that discussion.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Have anything other than regurgitated talking points ?

Can you admit the left has any culpability here whatsoever ?

The Tea party didn't spend near 7 trillion dollars in the past 5 years.

Nor do they go around saying deficits are shrinking.

Because deficits are only incurred when we are spending more money than we have, and the debt has INCREASED, and the debt limit has been raised numerous times already.

But really who cares.

Just carry the adminstration's talking point, then come the next presidential election they will return to the 'fiscal liberals' they were before Obama came in to office.

Just went out of style for a spell.

Ironic they are condemning the teaparty for what they did themselves not too long ago.

edit on 8-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you are getting that from.

95% of black America voted for Obama. Only 18% of them have a college degree.

71% of hispanic America voted for Obama. Only 13% of them have a college degree.

More lower income people are starting to lean Republican . So perhaps that's where the confusion is. It used to be that the uneducated and lower income white people automatically went democrat. But there has been a shift by those people away from Democrat and over to Republican.

edit on 10/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

camaro68ss
I think its all crazy. I’m now forced by law to buy goods and services. I don’t even think Hitler went that far. And now we are debating on if we should increase our credit card limit so we can pay off the other credit cards.

We are in trouble folks. start getting ready for winter, its going to be a cold one.

You did it before. You paid for it every time someone went to the emergency room for their care whether you realize it or not. I really don't understand why we are still having these conversations. It is law, supreme court said so, why can't we move on already.

Greatest nation in the world and we can't provide basic health care to our citizens. It is pathetic. All the civilized nations in the world, most, provide this, Canada, UK, Germany, swiss, dutch, etc etc etc.... It is terrible we are still arguing about this.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Indigo5

What if in that context, the President refused to sign and threatened to VETO any Debt Ceiling raise that did not include a provision for Single Payer, Government Funded Healthcare??

Then the government would have to spend only what they raise in taxes and huge burden would be lifted from our children and grandchildren.

It's hard to see a downside. Welfare queens,might have to buy their own smartphones?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

IT IS NOT UP TO THE STATE to provide a corporate product to the people.

That is what health INSURANCE is.

Nice little emotional 'argument' there. That is not based in reality.l

BECAUSE according to LAW people get treated regardless.

People need to drop the effing pretext the only thing they mean by affordable IS FREE.

Which exactly is why were are running 17 trillion in debt.

People want things they can't, and don't want to pay for.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

FlyersFan

seabag
So the Tea Party terrorists are holding the country hostage?

It's pretty wild that the left keeps blaming this countrys problems on the Tea Party.
There are so very few of them in Washington DC .. and yet supposedly they are the
ones screwing up the country.

Yeah ... right. (sarcasm)

Again...ignorance or confusion? The TP in DC are proudly owning how they have cornered Boehner and forced him to take the American economy hostage.

Yes..They are screwing up the economy. BIGTIME...

Just ask folks who used to support conservatives up until this month, like the Chamber of Commerce and Corporate America.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Pejeu

camaro68ssI think its all crazy. I’m now forced by law to buy goods and services. I don’t even think Hitler went that far. And now we are debating on if we should increase our credit card limit so we can pay off the other credit cards.

Oh really?

Aren't you already also forced to buy car insurance? Isn't car insurance mandatory?

And isn't it mandatory to pass an emissions and technical inspection every couple of years?

Oh, I get it. That doesn't count.

You people really are out of this world, aren't you?

Umm . . . No.

You aren't forced to buy a car. You don't have to have car insurance, if you don't drive a car. Also . . . it is a state law that requires car insurance, not federal mandate. Emissions . . . also, state law. Furthermore, you don't pay a fine/tax for owning a car and not having insurance, through the IRS. You are only fined, if you are caught driving without insurance on the vehicle . . . that fine is minimal (affordable) and you may have your license suspended for a short period. Also, the "fine" is exactly the same for every person. The insurance mandate and fine runs into the tens of thousands for some and is unapportioned, just like income tax.

It doesn't count, because you are comparing two things that are nothing alike . . . if you want to appear to be "logical", you should brush up on your "logic".
edit on 10/8/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Again...ignorance or confusion? The TP in DC are proudly owning how they have cornered Boehner and forced him to take the American economy hostage.

Stop lying.

The left has done more damage to the economy than anyone in this countries history.

Via their taxation,their regulations their asisne ponzi schemes such as SS,medicare,medicaid,welfare, and every other stupid program that can't fund itself.

THAT CREATES DEBT. THAT LEAD to spending more money than we take in.

Taxes like getting double taxed raising the capital gains tax that most people have either by their 401s and pensions, by a medicare tax.

And those people are already paying a medicare tax via payroll taxes.

But hell everything wrong in this country is the Tea Party, and the Rights.

What BULLSNIP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join