It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Watch out for his boobs.

Oo

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Xquizit
reply to post by winofiend

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

When have I ever been sarcarstick?

If they don't look out, everything I said will happen.

It happened to me, and I'm a bloke.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

enament

Go troll somewhere else please. It is my opinion and my rant. Women with tattoos shouldn't have trouble meeting someone who does like them.I just don't. Its nothing about keeping women in the kitchen, that is your idea on the matter.

But you're the one with the problem. You're the one having a big old sook about "Boo hoo I dun like the women with tattoos. I wana clean pretty one."

Pfft.

As long as you find a women who does everything yuou want, all will be good.

PS, good luck with that. It's 2013. Might be a bit late.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

enament

Sorry for accusing you of trolling but I strongly disagree with your opinion and how you put it.

I've been accused of a lot worse.

And I too disagree with your opinion!

But as they say, opinions are like bums.. We've all got one, and they often stink!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

I agree. I have only done one on my fiancee but she is planning more.

reply to post by Realtruth

Are you effing kidding me? please google "sarcasm" then read again.

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I lol'd hard at "Mrs. Overlord"

reply to post by dreamingawake

Who said anything about IQ? I don't think choosing to get a tattoo relates to intelligence or IQ in any way.

Disclaimer: I'm in my 30s and I flew past the point where you can count the number of tattoos on yourself years ago.

PS: I agree with OP in one way. I hate that people say "tatts" as it sounds... annoying.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

LoneGunMan
The original architect of a structure had a certain concept in mind. When another artist comes along and marks the original with art it never looks quite right and always seems off.

Another religious attitude to apply standards over others.

Surely.

Unless you mean mother nature.

You guys make it hard to accept people of religion without having to be on the defensive. And that's not how I try to be these days. Like people with tatts, if I base my initial opinion and stick with it, on someones religious beliefs, then I'm no better than you are for judging.

Here, you're all judging people for their personal choices.. At least I can base my opinion on what you guys actually say.

edit on 30-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have a nice beard that I'm quiet fond of. I've meet some very beautiful women who says they don't like men with beards. I thought it was unfortunate that they felt that way, but I've never considered rushing off to shave it in hopes of appeasing anyone. I understand that there are plenty of other beautiful women who love beards. My self esteem is high enough, that I'm comfortable letting people like or dislike me for me.

My opinion on tattoos falls along the same lines. If a person feels that having a tattoo fits their self image, they should defiantly have one, and they shouldn't give a # if you like it or not.

Some women have horrible tattoos and that's unfortunate, but I've encountered plenty of others who pull it off remarkably well. As has always been the case, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Since tattoos are becoming so common, I think you have to be a very small minded person to continue clinging to your sweeping negative judgement of people that have them. The fact of the matter is people of all backgrounds get them today.

I personally think harshly judgmental people have worse character flaws, than anyone who marks their body out of self expression.
edit on 30-9-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

enament
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I would appreciate if you could be more civil in my thread. the is not sexisim.I am merely talking about my delema of having a hard time finding a mate who is not covered with tattoos. It is my preference.

If you are going to debate here please keep it civil please.

See, this is what I am referring to. You're not looking for a 'mate'. You're looking for something that looks nice with you. Why are you meeting people with tatts and then deciding they're no good? What is it that forces you to encounter so many of these women. How are you not meeting someone you like, and then deciding you want to pursue a relationship? How is it you're going out of your way and being hindered by all of these women with ink?

What if you met someone without tatts, but she had a wonky eye. Best personality in the world, but that eye.. oh man.. Throw her back? Not a keeper?

What if something else happens to make her not to your liking. She has an accident and becomes scarred. Disfigured. Oh no, can't have that, dicvorce time?

You're not looking for a mate at all.. A mate is someone you can think with, someone you become part of. not someone you only look at or hope the boys cheer you on for.

I don't get you at all.. jesus, if I met someone who I felt I could spent my life with, it wouldn't matter what she had inked on her. You must be doing it backwards.

Maybe I'm just tired of people who are superficial to the point that someone is refused any consideration because they have tatts. Possibly because I've dealt with people like that my entire life. And I don't have any regret about my tatts. As ugly and crap as they are, if someone prefers to throw me back onto the heap, that's their problem. And I'd rather know that before hand to be perfectly honest.

Certainly not my problem how others choose to perceive me based on appearance.. Unless they fancy me to death and then, I'll accept that problem!

You must be some real catch man, to have such impeccible standards over the lesser mortals.. Oo

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

geobro
it does say in the bible not to mark your body as god want's it back one day .

And another one.

Dear GOD (pun intended) why did you create so many people with intolerance under your umbrella?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think its great you dont like women with tattoos. You at the very least know what you like and dont like. Just remember that ALL of us have preferences and dislikes. One mistake I see you and others like you is that you feel women are doing everything they can to attract YOU or other men. As if our resume is in our dress and petticoats... or in your appraisal of them. Youll have to realize that for many, tattoos arent there for your appraisal or approval.

For me? When I die and the mortician cleanses my body he will see an encyclopedia of scars, chipped teeth, laugh lines, and tattoos. He'll say, " She has lived an interesting and wonderful life". And I have. My life's story is literally indelible
Everything can be taken from me and I can lose everything in this world.. but the ink is mine. God will certainly recognize me. When I was a kid, a passage in Moby Dick inspired my first longings for a tattoo. What I read stayed in my head and haunted me... I thought about it a lot. I got my first in 1982 and contrary to BS.. they have not faded. Another contrary to BS fact is that I have had 2 careers and am degreed.. my tats have NEVER prevented me from being hired and they have never held me back in advancement or position. My husband has no complaints and we have been together 20+ yrs. He is not a fan of tats for himself. A good friend of ours got his first tattoos after he was wounded in Kuwait... his tat was done over his scarring and incorporated into the scars.. quite a picture story... certainly not a "fad".

Oh and BTW.. if your friend ended her career due to tats.. she must not have had a career to begin with or was modeling for temple undergarment catalogs. A little bitta Dermablend and no problems. We were using that in the 80's and I am sure they have better than that now.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Lmao, Lemmy!!! eHarmony.

great minds, you know !!

Whatever happened to hating on people for their choice to drive volvos... man, those were the good old days.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

enament
Some of the people criticizing my opinion,how would they react to someone with devil horn implants would you find it attractive,would you date someone who expressed themselves in that way, would you treat someone like that differently?

In what way? In the going out of my way to complain about them based on my personal preferences?

Or the way in which I'd not be involved in dealing with them, so really it wouldnt affect me and I'd move on?

Not sure how the horn guy can be a problem, unless YOU make him your problem.

Again, that's my point. Who is thrusting you into the sordid world of insidious tattooed women? YOU are.

If I don't like people who have a haggis hanging out of their ear, I don't put myself in the position to meet people with a haggis hanging out of their ear. Simple. I don't go online and go "Man I hate people with haggis ears, they're just so ugly. Wish I could stop meeting people with haggis ears.."

When it's obviously my problem, not theirs. They don't have a problem with the haggis in their ear.

Bad example with the horned guy... and possible the haggis.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

enament
reply to post by ImaFungi

I mainly wrote this thread to make people think more about what they make permanent. Maybe you find a woman with a gruesome demon face on there back attractive or you may not.I have just seen to many people regret what they have done to themselves.Yes their choice.

You wrote this thread because you don't like whatother people do to themselves. not to make them hopefully think twice, and therefore satisfy your desire to meet a lady with nice skin.

It's not a public service announcement. It's a rant on people you don't like.

Oo

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

enament
I am wondering might part of the attraction be therapeutic liking the pain kind of like the feeling when you get acupuncture or a massage?

I have a half sleeve done in tebori style (traditional japanese, think yakuza images, they're done the same way) that is done with a long stick and a bunch of needles. Slow, meticulous, painful.

It wasn't the fun of shoving a hundred little holes in my skin, nor the cost.

It was my personal choice.

I've also got a lot of tatts from when I was on the street. All the sort you'd kill a baby over. Each one is meaningful to me, and me alone. If someone asks about them, I can only express my personal story. Like a moko, I can't tell them about who I was, where I was, only what they refer to. If they walk away without any understanding, too bad.

But people always assume. It's often quite funny when people first encounter me in an office. Once they have gotten to know me, they appear almost relieved.

It's sad to have to go through that every... single... time... just beacuse they assume something, have a preconceived notion, or are plainly ignorant... I certainly don't wish I could go back and change. I wish others could change. It is, after all, their issue. I just have to deal with them.

Maybe one day you'll judge someone on their merit as a person, and find your 'mate'... or maybe you'll find someone who fits your idea perfectly. there is always someone... so they say.. for each of us.

But there is far too much judgement based on sheer ignorance in society.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Realtruth

winofiend

So, what's the moral of the story, ladies?

Stay in the kitchen. Don't bother buying shoes. Have as many kids as your hips can bare, and always make sure you have dinner ready at 6pm on the dot, or else you just might recieve a smack across the face.

AND NEVER EVER GET A TATTOO. The man does not like it, not one bit!

REALLLY? ... what a tosser.. lmao..

I find this post extremely offensive, demeaning, and very derogatory towards women that have chosen to be stay-at-home moms.

This is the kind of attitude and comments that have gutted the family unit these days.

If it were not for stay at home mothers providing a well balanced, safe, and nurturing environment our society would be in worse shape than it is right now.

And you resorted to name calling and laughing at the OP for giving his opinion.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of your own post?

Well if you think that a womans place is in the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant, I don't much have anything else to add to what I've already said.

My comment is in no way disparaging of stay at home mothers, and I cannot see how it could be taken that way the context of today. We are not in the 1950s any more. For you to consider that a stay at home mother should be as described in my post, which is certainly not how I perceive, is more telling of your view than mine.

So, a slap across the face if dinner is not ready, is what you consider a bad mother gets?

Don't bother. You made your point. I disagree on gender equality being the cause of the failure of the family unit. I see that as a far more reaching issue that goes beyond the loss of Ward Cleaver.

Pleasantville might be a good movie, but it's not a documentary.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Tattoos on women are super attractive.
Women without are also super attractive.

If you are judging a person based on what they decide to express on their skin then you might want to retune your perceptions.

As to a person defining themselves by an article of clothing..you mean, the type of shirt a whole bunch of people bought and are wearing?...

I think they enhance the beauty of a women's strength, divinity and creative mind.
If they have a few badly thought of tattoos, well then that also shows frailty and misinterpretation of self at the given time. That can also be attractive.

I think that being a recent single man you might be severely limiting your chances of connection if that is all you fixate on.

Saying that, all this talk of tattoos is making me want to get another one. lol

edit on 30-9-2013 by SodderCell because: Grammar things

edit on 30-9-2013 by SodderCell because: The spelling bee stung me..

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

TruthLover557
reply to post by enament

I am a woman in my 20s with zero tattoos. Today, I actually feel like my tattoo-less state is more uncommon than not in my age group.

About six months ago, I went to this show with a large line-up and the house was packed. This was a well-hyped event, partially due to the fact that some one would be offering $5 tattoos all night. I was completely shocked by the amount of people who totally took up that offer. There were about seven tattoos to choose from and the line to get one was out the door.

Early during my freshman year in college, my best friend from high school blew up at me because I had mentioned her new tattoo to my mother, who in turn told her mother. Her tattoo of a flower completely covered 60 percent of her stomach. So, I was like you've got to be kidding me right now.

I know a woman who has the after-birth foot prints of both her daughters on her shoulder blade.

Ultimately, getting a tattoo is a personal choice. There have been times when I've asked someone about their tattoo and totally respected and admired them for their expression of its significant meaning. But usually, I am dumbfounded by the minimal forethought and casual approach of people acquiring these permanent bodily markings.

edit on 29-9-2013 by TruthLover557 because: word choice

Consider yourself unique! But being unique for the sake of being unique isn't always the best thing. Being you is what is best. That being said, like I've said before, I tend to agree that it has gotten to be all too trendy. I like it when it was in the 10/90 range.

$5 tattoos? Wow...do people never learn you get what you pay for? 7 choices? Ok, this was obviously someone who needed experience as a tattoo artist and was looking for live flesh instead of pigskin or leather. Wow.

Bad choices...well...yeah...a flower over 60% of the stomach...umm, yeah. Could completely change the way a botanist would see that flower!!!! I personally also feel that tattoos on a woman's breast are usually not a good idea, as that area can see a ton of change over time too. Wrong, absolutely not. Just maybe not the best idea.

As to people doing oddball things, like I've said previously, I would love to get some work either down on to my hand (from my arm) or going up onto my neck. And honestly, I think Mike Tyson's tattoos is pretty cool. Every time I see it, I think to myself that I really like the design of it alot. But, yes, there are social ramifications. The ones I suggested about myself, hand and neck, would make work rather difficult as I work in corporate america. A facial tattoo? No way in the world, unless I owned the company. And even then, owning the company and being the "face" of the company are too entirely different things.

- SN

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

mahatche
I have a nice beard that I'm quiet fond of. I've meet some very beautiful women who says they don't like men with beards. I thought it was unfortunate that they felt that way, but I've never considered rushing off to shave it in hopes of appeasing anyone. I understand that there are plenty of other beautiful women who love beards. My self esteem is high enough, that I'm comfortable letting people like or dislike me for me.

My opinion on tattoos falls along the same lines. If a person feels that having a tattoo fits their self image, they should defiantly have one, and they shouldn't give a # if you like it or not.

Some women have horrible tattoos and that's unfortunate, but I've encountered plenty of others who pull it off remarkably well. As has always been the case, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Since tattoos are becoming so common, I think you have to be a very small minded person to continue clinging to your sweeping negative judgement of people that have them. The fact of the matter is people of all backgrounds get them today.

I personally think harshly judgmental people have worse character flaws, than anyone who marks their body out of self expression.
edit on 30-9-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

Well said. I particularly like the almost-alegory-but-real aspect of your beard!

- SN

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Pinkesnake man

I sorta get the idea you might know the answer to this. Any idea what ever happened to Jim Rose and his traveling circus?

Just curious..I google every once in awhile and come up with nothing....

- SN

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

RothchildRancor
Tattoos are completely redundant.

If you like a image that you wanna wear around get it made into a T shirt, it's even easier and less painless than a real tattoo.

Yeah. Your idea. Put it into practice. And maybe it'll become a trend.

Anyone elses body is theirs to do with as they please. Your opinion doesn't really come into play, does it?

- SN

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join