It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

When their brand becomes my environment, they lose their right of trademark.

If i painted a portrait of the scene out my window, and that scene had a big Nike billboard....could I sell my art, depicting the view out my window? Would I have to pay Nike for using their logo, when it was them that interfered in my daily life by placing that logo in a place where I cannot avoid seeing it?

You are right with the line you draw. However, remember: its still their body. We all live with our decisions, good or bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You got it.

So you dont like something which is "in fashion". Big deal. Young guys like it which is why girls do it. When young guys and girls stop liking and being attracted to it, it wont be a popular method of 'unique' attraction.

Till then, good luck finding the ink free OP

edit on 30-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

coop039
Personally I love tattoos on women. But not poorly done crap tattoos.

She looks like she was cut out of a newspaper. LOL
Sorry, but to me that really distracts from her beauty. Like I said before, women have tons of ways of expressing themselves. There are various jewelry designs, accesories, clothing, temporary tattoos even makeup. No one has to be a carbon copy of anyone else. You can be highly creative without using something permenant on your body.

For anyone who loves their tattoos, that's fine. It's your body and opinion and you are happy. No problem. It's just not something I would choose for myself.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had to chuckle as I looked at my avatar. LOL
It's just temporary tattoos. Really! LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Are those temporary ears too?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Biigs
reply to post by Night Star

Are those temporary ears too?

LOL um no, she is an elf after all. LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You misunderstand. The long term employees at Nike get branded with the swoosh as a kind of "loyalty" thing to the company that they work for. It's not Joe Blow on the street getting the swoosh but a rite of passage within the company, itself. Met one of these employees a few years ago and he showed me his swoosh on his calf so it's still an active thing. www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

How interesting. I was just watching an old episode of the British comedy Are You Being Served?, one of the characters Cpt. Peacock was saying a limerick of a woman with a tattoo....

"On the chest of a barmaid from Saille
Was tattooed all the prices of ale
Whilst on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Twas precisely the same, but in Braille"

I thought how funny it was that I was reading this thread about tattoos on women, then I just came across a video of an old show talking about tattoos on women.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

This is probably the most ethnocentric, narcissistic idea ever. Tattoo hatred is not tattoo innatism. Youw ere told not to like them.

Tattoos are only frowned upon in western culture. Go to New Zealand and mock the Maori's tattoos, I dare you. Their tattoos hold such a cultural significance to them they would rather die than not be tattooed (esp. men). Or tell Otzi that his tattoos are stupid and he won't amount to anything.

The fact that the cultural idea of tattoos in western cultures have made a sharp turn and only seen as art (and nothing more) is sad. Can you tell me exactly why tattoos are frowned upon in today's society? Because a few hundred years ago getting a tattoo was stepping out of your culture. And stepping out of your European culture was downgrading. What a savage you'd be to get a tattoo and look like those tribal folk.

Personally, I have tattoos, and one of them on my inner forearm is in the process of being removed, because at 24 I now realize that I have bigger dreams for myself than when I was 17, and I am no longer into dark metal music. I was that kid that everyone said, "don't do it... at least don't get it there." I thought they were wrong, and they were right. But I don't regret getting it, nor do I feel like a social outcast nor less attractive because of it.

The point is that I understand all sides of it. And because you don't agree with it is innate, but incorrect.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ukania

Everything you said I agree with.I do think some tattoos are really cool though, i just don't find lots of them attractive on a woman is all.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't make assumptions about people if I could show you some pictures of some of my friends you would know that right away. It is just what is attractive to me. I don't judge someone for their tattoos i just don't particularly find a lot of them attractive on a women or on a man.

And yes people misunderstand me and my opinions a lot and judge me based on a couple of paragraphs,without questioning me on my opinion to gain better insight into my perspective.

My ex would agree I am the most misunderstood person she knows.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't make assumptions about people if I could show you some pictures of some of my friends you would know that right away. It is just what is attractive to me. I don't judge someone for their tattoos i just don't particularly find a lot of them attractive on a women or on a man.

And yes people misunderstand me and my opinions a lot and judge me based on a couple of paragraphs,without questioning me on my opinion to gain better insight into my perspective.

My ex would agree I am the most misunderstood person she knows.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

enament
reply to post by winofiend

You are a very judgmental type of person,especially accusing me of not liking people with tattoos. I know lots of people with tattoos, I don't judge them for them ,I still don't have to like tattoos, some people like them some people don't.

But you do judge people with tatoos... and you label them. Specially women.

Not true at all,not even in the least. next time you are single go to a party and blindfold yourself and randomly pick out a girl like pin the tail on the donkey,since looks don't matter to you any girl will do for you.

I just don't find excessive tattoos attractive on a women. just like you may not find a skinny girl attractive.
And could you please explain what label I have given anyone here I would like to know.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
Tatoos on women.. a taboo topic in itself. IMHO, they should be illegal on the female form. Some are sexy, some are alluring, some are down right nasty. Some women simply go overboard. It starts with a small flower or butterfly,then BAM! A walking billbord for lizards & snakes & dragons. I have a 28 year old daughter, tatoo'ed up all over. Started with a small squared off butterfly on base of her neck. Now she has them everywhere. Arms,legs, back, feet, forearms, just really all over. My son, 26 year old, Tatoo's of Mexican day of the dead on his forearm and some words across his fingers about skateboarding. My ex-wife should advertise for area truck stops or a daycare, hers look like a kid with a sharp pin and a box of crayola got ahold of her. All over, everywhere. I can see a small, sexy tat in the right sexy place on a woman body. But when you have half your body covered witha dragon, crawing out of a skull, holding a butterfly, riding a unicorn, while shooting lighting bolts out of dragons mouth...holding the hammer of Thor and wearing the hat of Indiana Jones and all of this is taking place on a mountain that's pink & purple whilst riding a Harley Davidson...underwater.. Then the one with this tat will say " Yea this really explains who I am, these mean something to me"....It's all just getting a little out of hand. Woman reading this, it's your body, you can do with it what you want. But I for one don't think you need body art to freshen up or enhance the female form. It's the most beautiful thing on this lil blue ball of hate. That and kittens.

People do and have gone overboard lately,It seems to be a fad a lot like other fads that eventually wear off. I just don't find it necessary to plaster ones whole body with them.Although I do admire some of the real fancy art work. I just don't find it attractive in excess.. I do like some tattoos though.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

You misunderstand. The long term employees at Nike get branded with the swoosh as a kind of "loyalty" thing to the company that they work for. It's not Joe Blow on the street getting the swoosh but a rite of passage within the company, itself. Met one of these employees a few years ago and he showed me his swoosh on his calf so it's still an active thing. www.nytimes.com...

I have a brother in law that is an idiot. My sister is just slightly less of an idiot. My poor nephew.....

....anyway, they do this whole "brand name" thing to a ridiculous extent. He has a Nike swoosh on his calf. I laugh at him and tell him that he is going to need a few more swooshes before his fat butt can ever "get air".
They named a dog Gucci. Before that they had two mismatched muts they found in some alley somewhere that they named "Dolce" and "Gabanna".

See...now my whole head burns from the stupid. And its all your fault.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronagh

No you made perfect sense your English is good. People really cant help what they are attracted to I cant force myself to like something. Just like you may not find someone with 20-30 piercings on their face attractive.There are people who do,there is someone out there for everyone.
edit on 30-9-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hecate666
Is it me or is this an extremely patronising and sexist rant? I couldn't care less if OP doesn't like tattoos, why should I. Why make a thread out of your personal taste?
The point here is because women are supposed to be a certain way or men don't like them?

Last time I looked, women were just as much human as men and can bloomin' well do as they like if they are over 18 yrs old.
Sorry we don't all have long blonde hair and a perfect body to live up to OP's standard. But you know what, screw you.

Just imagine this title instead if you don't get it:Black people shouldn't have tattoos, they should be nice and clean looking or I don't like them

See how wrong you are there? Women aren't playthings, they are real life humans who can do whatever they like. Seriously.

If you think I am sexist sorry for that I am not. You should do some reading before you make assumptions about what you think I am all about. My thread is solely about what I find attractive. just like you may like a tall dark and hansom man,or a firefighter. I believe women should be as equals is a matter of fact we need more of them in the construction workforce. One of the women at work out works most men,I admire her a lot. Please don't judge me without trying to understand me.We can not help what we find attractive.
Just like you wouldn't pick up a random guy to date ,you look for what you are attracted too.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Realtruth

FraternitasSaturni

But you do judge people with tatoos... and you label them. Specially women.

Isn't that why people are getting tattoo's to set themselves apart from other people?

Typically if someone really likes a piece of artwork they would buy it, and hang it on a wall to look at, but people that get tattoo's decide to get the artwork done on themselves, which is fine, but they are most likely looking for attention, and/or to show tattoo's off to others.

Society labels paintings do they not? So if people get tattoo's, then obviously people will label them.

As a society we label things, that is how we learn to differentiate person's, places and things from a very young age.

Women label men, and vice-versa. The only way this will end is when we all take dirt naps.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

So true.
if looks didn't matter there wouldn't be any single people left

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I agree with you there is a lot of unjust social pressures on women.It is the same for men and what women expect from them as well the term "MAN UP " comes to mind.For the record I find a lot of men have excessive tattoos as well I am just not attracted to men though. We really can not help what we find attractive in a person.

Why do all commercials have models selling things? Because an average person isn't going to reach the target audience effectively as a model.Sad but true. I could tell you the Mamas and the Papas would probably not make it today because everyone doesn't fit the model profile the industry seems to demand.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Hecate666
Is it me or is this an extremely patronising and sexist rant? I couldn't care less if OP doesn't like tattoos, why should I. Why make a thread out of your personal taste?
The point here is because women are supposed to be a certain way or men don't like them?

Last time I looked, women were just as much human as men and can bloomin' well do as they like if they are over 18 yrs old.
Sorry we don't all have long blonde hair and a perfect body to live up to OP's standard. But you know what, screw you.

Just imagine this title instead if you don't get it:Black people shouldn't have tattoos, they should be nice and clean looking or I don't like them

See how wrong you are there? Women aren't playthings, they are real life humans who can do whatever they like. Seriously.

That's exactly right, women are not playthings and these same men who treat women that way are the ones telling her that feminine equals sex.

When a man has a tattoo on his back people don't say "He's got a tramp stamp", but they do for women. And why are men not called "whores" "tramps" "sluts" and other names when they are doing the exact same thing?

Why does it become a problem when women do it?

Real good question.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join