It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I totally agree with you.
These women that get a lot of tats on their arms legs etc, looks awful.
A small one ok, anything more looks trash.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

conjury

and DEFINITELY reflects on the owner!!!!

Bad woman...BAD!!!!

You made yourself *unattractive to SOME men*....you are henceforth known as TRASH and shall be forced to live as such...

Surgeons, begin the sterilization process....

We must stop this scourge of unattractive women RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!!

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

conjury

and DEFINITELY reflects on the owner!!!!

Bad woman...BAD!!!!

You made yourself *unattractive to SOME men*....you are henceforth known as TRASH and shall be forced to live as such...

Surgeons, begin the sterilization process....

We must stop this scourge of unattractive women RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!!

OMG!!!!!! This ^^^^^^^^^ Complete awesomeness worthy of billions of stars!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

littled16
OMG!!!!!! This ^^^^^^^^^ Complete awesomeness worthy of billions of stars!

Thank you!

Just doing my best to use humor as an exposing tool to underline the ludicrousness of this thread.

Fine, you don't like it. Tough, suck it up, move to another community. Waaaah.

IT'S NOT YOUR FRAKKING BODY TO MAKE THE CHOICE OF WHAT IS ATTRACTIVE TO YOU OR NOT!!!

It's hers...or mine for that matter, in the opposite case....perhaps, if you don't like what they did with their body, you won't like them, so, why cry? Consider it nature's way of warning you off...just like how most poisonous snakes are vibrantly colored.....

I still cannot get over the Puritanical ideals behind this thread...for christs frakking sake....get over yourself, OP.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have tattoos and my 18 yr old daughter has 2. She has an infinity symbol on her right ankle (very small and is red ink so you can barely see it) and she has a sunshine on her left shoulder with "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine" she got it for me because I still sing that song to her.

I have paw prints going up my left calf. I also have ivy on the small of my back.

My theory is...your body is a temple..so decorate the walls.

I do not like sleeves on women or tattoos on the face. I told my daughter, she still wants to look professional when she has to so if she got them to get them someplace they can be hidden when necessary and so far she has complied.

There has to be a balance. Tattoos/ and looking professional when needed.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have noticed that too, doesn't bother me that much though. To be honest i'm sick of flower and butterfly tattoos.

I've always wanted a tattoo I can't decide on just one so I still haven't gotten any. I believe that getting tattooed becomes an addiction for many men and women alike

Todays women is not the graceful dove of yesteryear. I don't think this trend will be stopping anytime soon.

edit on 29-9-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I agree with you.

I never really minded small tattoos. I don't know if you share this opinion but it seems like a trend that some people may regret.
To me it seems people people are going a little overboard with them these days. Everyone seems to need to get a tattoo I guess maybe I am different,when I was a teenager I wanted one. I clanged my mind when I started to notice everyone wanted one.In high school I was never one for following trends. I always wanted to be different, people use to get them to stand out,but since everyone has them now, its not the same.

People seem to get them because someone else got one, not to remember something special or an occasion,major event etc.. people get them just to get them now.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If it's okay for men to have them, why not women?

But if it's tattoo's in general you don't like, regardless of gender, then maybe you shouldn't be so shallow and try not to judge people because they have chosen to have some body art.

If you like someone as a person, it shouldn't matter if they have tattoo's.
If you avoid getting to know someone because they have tattoo's, then I'm sorry, you're the problem and you are missing out.

IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

I don't hate people with tattoos, I don't judge any one who has them. I just don't find it attractive.My sons step dad has them from head to toe,he is a real nice guy,a lot of people and good friends I know are covered with them.Good people.I have had girlfriends with them small ones never bothered me.

Maybe its just where i live , it seems a lot of girls are getting big huge tattoos all over the place where I live .
I just personally don't want a girlfriend covered with them.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

enament
reply to post by Hushabye

Its my rant you don't have to care what I think. My opinion is shared by a majority of people out there. Obviously you feel offended. So sorry .

I really don't think you have sufficient evidence to claim that "the majority" agree with you. How would you even go about tabulating something like that? As a general rule I believe women's tats are more tasteful than the typical jailhouse, tats on the knuckles male equivalents. It's rare to find a woman who does this:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have an Eye of Horus and a Chinese dragon, which I got 20+ years ago, before it got all trendy.

To the OP: As a female tattoo bearer for the last 20+ years, I agree to an extent. I also think that those, either male or female, who chose to cover their arms in tattoo sleeves or more, are most likely going to regret it intensely in 20+ years. People get tattoos, however, for a variety of reasons and it's not always to express one's individuality. I did not choose mine to set myself apart from others (mine are located where they are not generally seen). I chose mine as symbols of protection, even on just a psychological level. I was nearly destroyed by my own flesh and blood and the tattoos were just one of the ways that I chose to empower myself. When my parents had discovered what I had done, they acted as if I had defiled my beautiful skin and self (appearances was/is EVERYTHING to my family). In a way, they ended up inadvertently becoming my way of saying, it's my life and not yours.

People do it for different reasons. I advise my kids to not get tattoos because of possible health risks. My antibodies react to my tattoos and make them swell from time to time. Plus people change. It's a very permanent thing to do and sometimes laser treatment to remove it is just not possible. In hindsight, would I do it again? I'm not sure because I was in a place where I needed every bit of strength I could get my hands on. Do I care what you think about me as a woman with tattoos? Nope. Like I said to my parents, it's my body, not yours.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

All that says to me is NEVER get drunk and fall down/into somthing.

Can you imagine even the slightest slip with all that metal in your face! 0.o DAYUM

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I was actually nabbed by a professional photographer soon after I got my dragon because of my beauty and elegance and my dragon. I'm a woman who actually went through finishing school type of rearing. I don't stomp, I glide. I keep my knees together when getting in and out of a car. I cross my legs only at the ankles, knees always together. My handshake is of a perfect firmness. My napkin stays in my lap, my pinky stays down when holding a tea cup. I don't eat with my mouth open or chew gum like a cow. My fork doesn't screech across my teeth or my plate and I set my knife neatly down on the edge of my plate when not currently in use. I'm such a type of woman that when I needed to pick up a set of Denby china and realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home, the store manager took my word that my account number was in fact mine and charged over $600 in china on my card. I had two tattoos at the time.

I see all sorts of trashy behavior whenever out the door. I see young women in short skirts flopping into their car and basically giving most of the planet a view only their significant other or gynecologist should have. Mouths flopping open in restaurants or god forbid, stuffing a napkin in one's shirt. Those kind of things are more of an indicator of a rearing that didn't include etiquette and maybe a little trashiness than tattoos. My mother always told me that it is not what you are wearing that makes you a lady because poor rearing will still shine through. A real lady can be caught wearing a ratty old t-shirt, overalls, and no make up and still not be mistaken for anything but being a lady.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Tattoos must be more trendy than I see locally anyway, I don't follow pop stars and celebs but it does seem each one has at least a few "small tattoos", or what I'll call "celeb style" that can be hidden if needed. Guessing by such judgmental stereotypes on the site currently that supposed to be Libertarian leaning, I should also abhor the trend so much that I say similar things but in hopes people start to dislike them, that way when they are less trendy people with genuine interest for years now will feel better again and the masses will have less judgmental interest in body modification as well as opinion. At least that's what I read about with the recent tattoo fair in England to the effect of, "tired of the trendies".

Eventually all pop culture borrows from subcultures. With that is it already common with your well known rappers and rockers? Noticed on a recent observation that there's quite a few again(minus Gaga) wearing Haute Couture "edgy", "bondage" and latex versions of the clothing from BDSM. I feel right now for the most part fashion, and pop star leanings are at an apex, they have no where else to go but push boundaries borrowing from subcultures, the results, rather trite however.
edit on 29-9-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by LoneGunMan

The greatest architect/artist created you as an individual unlike any that has ever lived perfectly as is. You are as is the only one ever created as you are.

Then stop shaving.

Stop wearing makeup.

Stop clipping your nails, manicures are a no-no.

No more haircuts.

Cease bathing.

No more covering up the graying hair with dye.

Throw away your hair straighteners and curling irons.

No more deodorants, colognes, or perfumes (we are God's perfect creations, which includes our natural scents. How dare you cover up God's wonderful work with your preferred smelly-brand of filth).

What people fail to realize with the "You are God's perfect creation blah blah blah no defilement of the body..."

Is that, ALL cosmetics are a diversion away from our natural state, which is one of their primary arguments against tattoos. But if you include tattoos, you have to include ALL other cosmetics, otherwise, your cultural bias is showing.

Which is really all it is.

He's right then. God forbid you ever get implants, botox, other "plastic" surgeries" because you "want" them. Braces and veneers are included too(if not for medical reasons). That's "modern" but body modification that you are so against.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by FlyersFan

In hindsight, would I do it again? I'm not sure because I was in a place where I needed every bit of strength I could get my hands on. Do I care what you think about me as a woman with tattoos? Nope. Like I said to my parents, it's my body, not yours.

WhiteAlice, thanks for sharing what you did with us. I find the reasons why people get their tattoos to be just as intriguing as the person themselves. Just as it took strength to get the tattoos and show the world what you thought, it took strength to share that about yourself today. Thank you.

Would I get more work done today? Well, that is hard to do, as a Parent, I cannot think of a more self-indulgent thing I could personally do. Every time I've been tempted, that has entered into my head.

I actually agree with you on many points. My daughter looks at my tattoos (she is six), and I make a point of telling her they were painful (not entirely true, but hey), and we also discuss what PERMANENT means. I also work in corporate america. My tattoos are on my lower arms. My personal priority has always been nowhere I cannot cover with a professional suit and tie look. I for instance would love to have something go up my neck or down my arm onto my hands. But, no. I often get warm, and do not like wearing long sleeve shirts, but, as a result of my conscious decision, I deal with the consequences.

I am not entirely certain how I am going to rock the whole "Senior Citizen with Tribal / Celtic Knotwork" theme at the beach when I'm 70, but, I'll handle that then.

I realized I wanted a tattoo when I was 24. That was twenty years ago. I did not get my first until I was thirty, six years later.

I am rather proud of the fact that I personally find all of the work I have done to still be appealing to me. I didn't get them for anyone else. They are jewelry for ME. Artwork for ME. And I still find them appealing. On my left arm, the most prominent work is of my own design. Hence, it was meant to stand the test of time.

I strongly advise against people making harsh or quick decisions on tattoos. I believe it is something you should be willing to bet money on that you won't regret in some form or fashion.

As my daughter approaches eighteen, I intend to have several discussions with her. Explain to her how wildly and radically a personality and taste can change in the span of years between 18 and 23 (which is where many psychologists agree that your personality "solidifies"). That today, she may LOVE Justin Bieber. Tomorrow, she may honestly wonder who that person was that loved Justin Bieber. I'll show her how I once tattooed the name of an ex wife on my arm, and how that tattoo is now covered with a snake, because of how she ended up treating me in the end. I'll show her the chinese symbols that I had put there for the purpose of expressing my "Love and Respect for my Family"....which chinese coworkers have curiously pointed out to me actually, and fumblingly so, actually mean something to the effect of "He who loves and treasures Gold". I kind of find it hilarious today, in my mind it means exactly what I meant it to mean, but I am well aware of the reality of the situation. I intend to share these experiences with her.

I also hope she is as patient as I was, in personally deciding to wait for six years (or some equally calm period of time where she could actually think it through more than just once) to get that first tattoo.

I agree with the sentiment that it is entirely too common today. It doesn't "do" what it once did. It's far too cosmetic in approach and spurred on by reality tv......turning it into something "to mean something"...or "to be dedicated to something". So many people approach me and ask "What does your work mean?" It doesn't mean a damned thing. What it is, is an extension of me, and expression of ME, on the one true thing I own, which is ME. It is designed BY ME, FOR ME, to be ATTRACTIVE to ME. It might as well be bio-hazard symbols warning people off, because that is how little I care whether someone else is attracted to them or not.

I tend to think that my wife appreciates that level of confidence in my own self. I tend to think, that's a major attraction in her eyes, not the tattoos (absent or present). I just read this and the last paragraph to her, and she agrees entirely.

I, too, find different qualities of tattoos attractive on different women. I, personally, tend to prefer either a woman with NO tattoos or a vast majority of her flesh covered in tattoos. I'm not an in the middle kind of person. But again, that is physical attraction, not the entire package deal. My wife is THE most gorgeous creature I have ever met, body AND soul. She has one tattoo. It is an intimate one, and something you, joe reader, will never see. Would I prefer her to have none, or to go to the extreme and go for more? Yes. I would physically prefer her to have EITHER none altogether, or go for the full shabang. But, it is her body. She got the tattoo FOR HER. I respect that. Our daughter has no idea her mother has a Tattoo. May never know, actually.

To the person who was the OP, calmly, I say, if tattoos are so common now, wasn't it as likely that you would find something else that is an expression of modern social attitudes, such as a hairstyle, or hair color, or a particular body type, or a makeup style, or clothing style, or ANYTHING that he'd find as unattractive a feature about a person that could be a potential mate?

And after all, isn't it a FEATURE...not the PERSON that he doesn't like or find attractive?

I can point out tons of BEAUTIFUL people who I've met (for instance, while bartending) that once they opened their mouths, either due to lack of overall intelligence, vocabulary, or general attitude, I was nowhere near as attracted to them (often, any and all "attraction" was immediately GONE, as in, I now had ZERO interest in that person) as I had been moments before. Often, if it were a dating scenario, the date was pretty much over right then and there.

So honestly, if physical aspects and features mean so much to you, the OP, perhaps you are truly looking at the wrong things in "a mate".

Perhaps, if you the OP, feel it is such a trendy thing to do, so "in the moment", so flippantly done, maybe you should reflect on what you truly feel. Is it the artwork that you don't find attractive, or is it the overall sense that this person is flippant, cavalier, doesn't think things through, does things on a whim? Maybe it is THIS that truly puts you off (much like intelligence, vocabulary, attitude, personality can be a major turn off to me) about them ?

I find that I tend to disdain those that regret their tattoos, not those that have them, on the average. To me, regretting a tattoo, personally says you didn't think it through. You were rash. Is that fair? No, it absolutely is not. But, it reflects the rationale I had in getting my own. The maturity I had in getting my own. When it was time. For Me.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

You dont deserve a woman that has tattoos, chances are you dont deserve any woman.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by conjury

How valuable do you think your opinion is?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I dont like a lot of the things you do as a person, I dont think you should do them, I think you will regret them, I try to date but I always end up dating people like you, this is your fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join