It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Military Bases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

RealSuperboy
reply to post by Bedlam

military.answers.com...

Cook
The Navy submarine cook actually has one of the most important jobs on board ship. Producing high-quality food in the dark, cramped confines of the submarine can present a unique challenge, but good food can have a huge impact on the morale of the people on the ship. In addition to preparing meals, cooks also plan menus and order food supplies.

According to military.answers, the Cook is one of the most important jobs

Please find me the "cook" position from the list of positions they are hiring for.

Add to that the rest of the story is pretty unbelievable, including the switching of personnel while trying to maintain they were never docked because his security clearance was not high enough. Switching personnel would be a dead give away and would tell the "cook" exactly what happened, which would never be done. It's like telling someone they cant know what powers the ship because it's beyond their clearance level and then plastering blueprints everywhere with a room labeled "nuclear generator".

"including the switching of personnel wile trying to maintain they were never docked because his security clearance was not high enough"

Huh? What are you smoking, and why the FRAK aren't you sharing ?

I did NOT say that. I never once said he was corrected about being docked, merely that trying to go above deck was pointless as they were still below water.

Keep going, this is just plain fun!

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
It's possible, but if you are trying to come off as someone with knowledge and want to be believed are you telling someone you're a part time radio guy or a junior engineering sergeant? Most likely not the first.

Add that to the fact that the rest of the story is 100% illogical (my last post demonstrates why) and the whole package is simply not very believable.

Yeah...ok...whatever pal.

I didn't ask *anyone* to believe me. I simply asked if anyone had anecdotes to add.

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
I can see that and will concede the point. Although I find it also very unlikely they are friends and he never mentioned serving on a sub before. I have met more than a few sub guys, and barely knowing them they told me about it. Again, not definitive, but it's something that leaves my kin crawling. Your points still don't explain the rest of my criticism though.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but isn't it kind of obvious I am trying to protect this guys identity ?

And no, her had not "never mentioned that he served on a sub before"...it been at least a good decade since I'd seen him, and although I'd heard about his stint in the navy during the time we were apart, I'd forgotten...and it come up...simple enough.

Probably not good enough for someone with a hard on for "THE TRUTH" [dun-DUN-dun!!!!]

OccamsRazor04
The rest of the story is pretty unbelievable, including the switching of personnel while trying to maintain they were never docked because his security clearance was not high enough. Switching personnel would be a dead give away and would tell the "cook" exactly what happened, which would never be done. It's like telling someone they cant know what powers the ship because it's beyond their clearance level and then plastering blueprints everywhere with a room labeled "nuclear generator".
edit on 24-9-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

It was never said that they were not docked, go back and read what I said. You're interjecting your own semblance of "reality" into the story.

What I said was, was that a message that they had docked had been given on the Intercomm. And that my friend was rather surprised to have it pointed out that the ship was still some 400ft below the surface.

[dun-DUN-dun]

- SN

LMFAO....

link   
reply to post by RealSuperboy

"Scran Assassin"

On the other hand I have heard rumours that its the hardest course in the navy the chef's one. No one has passed it yet.

link   

GargIndia

I know for sure that rescue submersibles can dock with submarines. These are used for bringing up crew if a submarine is struck.

A small number of crew can be exchanged while sub is underwater using a docking submersible.

In that case, the submersible docks to the sub. Subs are not way maneuverable. If you're going to pull off an underwater base, you'd likely have to have something on the order of a hole in an underwater cliff wall, with a large chamber inside filled with air. It couldn't be very deep, though, or you'd have hellacious problems with people's health over time with nitrogen.

It is a fact that submarines have been used in tapping undersea communication cables. In such an operation, it is likely that sub needs anchoring.

A nuclear sub is ideal for things like laying listening devices on sea floor or tapping communication cables.

Well, sure, but in that sort of case what you use is a DDS, you put the sub near the bottom and the spook divers lock in and out of the DDS, and all their equipment is in there. If you're going to be intentionally grounding the sub, they used to be able to fit the thing out with seabed skids but I'm not sure they've done that since the '70s, since it screws up the noise profile.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

LABTECH767
Right I see some do not believe that there could be such structures, well here is a cold war plan that may have seen some form of realisation, logically why not have a hidden base were your sub's are safe and you can deploy and develop new technology out of sight of the spy satellites.

medium.com...

And here is another thread by Johnlear www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you rattle a few cage's with these sort of questions there is a apparachnic that set's about trying to debunk, though sometimes they are really just debunking because they believe it to be wrong.

Cold war and even second world war designes though not implemented in WW2 included submersible Air Craft carrier's which would have been basically giant submarines though Ballistic missile boat's more or less covered that and missile destroyer's topped it off, these day's Aircraft carriers are more of a intimidation tool usefull against third rate military power's but not really cutting edge, still imagine a base rising mid pacific with sea water streaming from the runway and planes comming up from hatches cool but not practicle, still shock and awe.

The russians did have underground submarine bases and the chinese are rumoured to have underwater access tunnels to underground bases so why not america and for that matter why not have mobile underwater facility's in the case of there land based facilitys being knocked out in a limited exchange it would be only logical policy to build and maintain these type of capabillity's.

edit on 23-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

Thanks, interesting details, and informative links!

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Strollin
Years ago when I was in the military I met guys who were in the navy who loaded ships with tons upon tons of brand new construction materials ;for ports globally , however they said the ships would return in only a couple days, realizing that it took at least a day or two to load and unload shipments, so one guy did some asking around and no port existed so close as to allow the ships he loaded to unload in the short timeframe he and a friend observed. Eventually he found out they were dumping the stuff in the ocean.
You just might just find out someday what all lies beneath us , but for now we'll have to settle with lies and poverty and dumb ideas.
Read the time machine , the morlocks have made it to the surface! Lol?

Again, thanks for the thought-provoking information. I appreciate it !

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

BanTv
If it's a fact that we have underwater bases (AUTEC), then I don't see how it would be much harder to incorporate a way for subs to dock. Interestingly, there was a thread here about AUTEC, and out popped multiple people who said they had worked there. They said basically, 'nothing to see there, it's miserable with the mosquitos, etc etc' (because people were saying 'oh oh I would work security there, cool!'). Well, a FB page with ex-inhabitants of Andros Island couldn't say enough good things about it. Comments about how beautiful it was, how great it was, fun times, yada yada. Zero comments about 'I don't miss those millions of mosquitos though!', or anything negative. I thought that was kinda interesting, or should I say, the shills came out quick in that thread.

We may have met one in this thread already...

BanTv
I worked in the hospitality industry a few years back and had some guy say he worked for a company called Applied Ultrasonics. I go "that name sounds so familier!" (the ultrasonic part sounded familier lol). Long story short, he mentioned something about the Bahamas and I go "OH AUTEC!!". He wouldn't/couldn't talk about anything, but his body language and reluctance to say anything told me he knew what I was talking about. All he would say is that business is booming in the Bahamas. Are there more underwater bases besides AUTEC there? We'd be stupid to think otherwise.

Your account of this coworker' reaction to your stating of the name AUTEC is 100% identical when I speak to friends whoa re former military about something like this topic, or UFO's, of anything of the sort.

Thanks!

BanTv
Just found this: "The US Navy uses UIT (ultrasonic impact treatment) to address cracked areas in certain aluminum decks. Without UIT, crack repairs resulted in almost immediate re-cracking. With UIT, repairs have shown to last over eight months without cracks."

Certain aluminum decks in certain underwater bases?

Interesting!

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

ImagineFree

SadistNocturne

I just thought this was rather interesting. I'd always heard about D.U.M.B's, but never underwater military bases.

Could you give the definition of a D.U.M.B. ?

D.U.M.B.

speaks to (D)eep (U)nderground (M)ilitary (B)ases.

Although I'm certain a particular someone on this thread will attack that immediately as both "illogical and improbable"...and claim we are "believers"...

C'est la vie...

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

sneeze100
Been a submariner i would say this is not true. You cant fly them around like a air plane and land on a dime. So to dock with a underwater facility would be nails. And everyone on board knows what you are doing more so for safety as that's the main priority. The sea is a cruel mistress.

What kind of submarine did you serve on? Are you the kind of military personnel that would know EVERYTHING about EVERY project the military is working on?

Or is it really kinda like claiming to be a "Captain of a Sea-Going Vessel'...and in all reality being the owner operator of a small fishing boat...

Not looking to insult, but simply to clarify...

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
These underwater bases would have to be awesome as it is about 3000m of water their. When i was in AUTEC doing trials it was Humid Hot and when we got landed their was a bar to drink at nothing secret about AUTEC.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Brotherman
"Anyone have anything they can add to this "

Ever heard that you can insert and extract members in certain "fields" of work on a submarine? SEALS do it.

Yepp, heard of that time and time again.

One thing I can extrapolate from the conversation in general though, is whereas he did mention SEALS being inserted into the Middle East via submarine, he did not state that the missing Navy staff were seals.

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

RoninMD
reply to post by SadistNocturne

I recall a friend who served in the swedish military who mentioned that they found an underwater base full of russians in thier waters. They torpedoed it of course. Since by treaty they were not supposed to be there, the Russians denied it's existence.

Later that day, a number of telnyashkas washed up on swedish shores.
edit on 23-9-2013 by RoninMD because: (no reason given)

That's pretty cool! Any chance you could get them to anonymously address what they saw/participated in on this thread ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by f4andHALFtoads

I always say why are we looking at space when we haven't even explored all of the oceans depths. I mean if NASA can land a rover on a rock millions of miles away then why cant someone build something to explore the ocean's depths!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Why are you still stuck on the whole cook thing and won't respond to the other issues that were brought up. There is no debunking going on. To debunk something there first has to be something to debunk. Might as well try to debunk Superman movies. Stories are just that, stories.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I would say that's a rubbish story about the Swedish why would anyone put a underwater based near Sweden have you looked at it geographical.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hi Sadist i have served on numerous classes of submarine ranging from SSBN to SSN i have enjoyed my time greatly on these things i have sent a great deal of my life underwater protecting your freedom so you can lay in bed and pull your plonker with out fear of been attacked.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
TextText NavyI'm using the text Navy in this text cause its appropriate. Don't all you guys throw the baby out with the bath water. What SN is relaying has quite some merit to it. Firstly if we as a people want to live on other plants with an alien enviorment what better place to start then by living in our closest alien enviorment under the sea. Think about it.... it makes alot sense. IMhO reply to post by SadistNocturne

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Scientifically is this possible.
I thought there would be some issues with pressure at these depths?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A good portion of the DOD budget is black budget and heavily classified. That means few people within congress get to read and sign the appropriation bills and even fewer know the details of each program.

I have heard of all kinds of rumors of both military and alien bases, both below ground and below water.

I have seen "shooting stars", watched ufo documentaries about dulce nm and northeast india. I have read about hollow earth and hollow moon. I have heard testimony about reverse engineering ufo craft at s-4 nevada.

I think one needs to be a fool to discount all this stuff. Something very fish has been going on for a long, long, long time.

I have also seen many episodes of "ancient aliens" on history channel which attempts to write history correctly even if they dont have all the information yet. Great series and brave people digging up stuff!

star and flag. nice thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join