It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Military Bases

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

amicktd
reply to post by SadistNocturne

When a submarine goes to dock with a pier, we station the Maneuvering Watch. The Maneuvering Watch consists of the entire crew. Everyone onboard is essential to the safety of the ship mooring. You have to think we are operating a 3 billion dollar machine and we take zero chances. Not only is everyone stationed in a strategic position, but they are also making non-stop reports back and forth from the Control Room to the Engine Room in the back of the submarine over the communication circuits, which can be heard throughout the ship. Nobody is asleep, nobody is eating, nobody is even using the restroom...unless its an emergency. So based on that, there is no way that he didn't know what was going on...IJS. You wanted feedback and your getting it from a few people that have been on submarines, but it seems as if you don't wanna believe us. The story just doesn't make much sense, I'm sorry.

And your stern tone is no less pedantic than an adult assuming that they are speaking to a child.

Fair enough, you have been on a sub.

I have *not* said one thing "against" anyone. I merely asked questions.

Enjoying your heightened sense of superiority. I'm certain it inflates and deflates easily for fitting into your mothers basement.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Haha...no I don't live in my mom's basement lol. Good one tho, it sounds like your kinda butthurt and thats not what I was going for. I wasn't trying to sound superior to anyone either. I was honestly just trying to paint a picture and explain how it wouldn't be possible for someone to not know they were gonna dock with anything. This was a very interesting topic though and I'm sorry I wasn't in agreement with you on it. If I knew how to star and flag this...I would. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna go back to sipping on my chocolate milk in my grandma's basement lol jk.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

amicktd

Haha...no I don't live in my mom's basement lol. Good one tho, it sounds like your kinda butthurt and thats not what I was going for. I wasn't trying to sound superior to anyone either. I was honestly just trying to paint a picture and explain how it wouldn't be possible for someone to not know they were gonna dock with anything. This was a very interesting topic though and I'm sorry I wasn't in agreement with you on it. If I knew how to star and flag this...I would. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna go back to sipping on my chocolate milk in my grandma's basement lol jk.

Hey everyone!!!

We have us a GENUWINE *expert* here in all things NUCLEAR SUBMARINE!!!

- SN

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, we must be polite and civil.

Genuine people will contribute only when others are ready to listen and appreciate.

I agree there is not much purpose to an underwater sub base. Anchoring a sub to sea floor is risky.

However an underwater channel (for example under a mountain) is a good way to hide a sub while docking. This way, the sub cannot be observed from the sky using satellites etc. and its location can be hidden. A nuclear sub is most at risk while in port.

China already has such a facility. US is long suspected to have one.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Subs don't have "cooks". If he can't get that right why would anyone believe the rest?

You know, I still laugh when I think about your comment. Great knee-slapper. "Subs don't have "cooks"". Thanks for an hour or two of laughs

- SN

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

GargIndia
Well, we must be polite and civil.

Genuine people will contribute only when others are ready to listen and appreciate.

I agree there is not much purpose to an underwater sub base. Anchoring a sub to sea floor is risky.

However an underwater channel (for example under a mountain) is a good way to hide a sub while docking. This way, the sub cannot be observed from the sky using satellites etc. and its location can be hidden. A nuclear sub is most at risk while in port.

China already has such a facility. US is long suspected to have one.

Thanks for the comment!

It's amazing how people will be over skeptical and doubt anything. I realize there are grifters out there who want to pull the wool over your eyes...but, sometimes you just take something for what it's worth. Did I make any massive claims? No. Were aliens involved? No. It was simply that someone has reasoned that there is an underwater US military base. Not at all improbably, not unlikely. Particularly in the cases you suggested.

You know, I used to be married to a gal from England, the north of England to be precise. Once we were at a Renaissance Festival and were in line for drinks. A couple of "actors" were behind us, you know, the ones who act and dress the part with bad English accents. Well, I overheard them say "She has THE worst english accent I have EVER heard!" Apparently, to americans, if you don't sound like you're from London, you don't sound English. Admittedly, hers was an accent of heavily mixed scottish and english overtones, but obvious as to where it was from nonetheless. My ex and I laughed our asses off at this.

It just goes to show, people and their opinions are often ludicrous.

And to that person who said "Subs don't have no cooks!" Yeah, sure. What you said. I'm still laughing over here!

- SN

<< 6  7  8   >>

join