It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

So the 3 photos he has already provided isn't enough?
Why?
I can download the last picture uploaded and review it quite easily.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I did that already, but when I download or view it in View Finder, the file says it was modified in 2013.

Download n503513526_1293198_7167.jpg from FileFactory.com

This is the absolute best I can do,

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Cool story and pic dude, the film Sinister comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Please don't feel pressured to produce the original right away if even at all. You posted your photo along with a great personal story for us to enjoy and that's that. Nothing more.

You have nothing to prove, so as long as you know that what you have claimed is true. Who cares what others think? There are always going to be members on here wanting more to be able to discredit something they are skeptical about. Mind you, it's what you signed up for when you decided to become a member of ATS

So no original? So be it. That's cool. Now everyone needs to move on

Personally I believe what I am looking at is one of two things:

1. The ripples in the water created the mysterious shape and its nothing at all.
And
2. A ghostly soul stopping by to say hello

Either way it's pretty darn cool

Xquizit

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Rezlooper

thepixelpusher
There are things that the original poster needs to do in order to allow a proper evaluation.

1. Provide the original unedited digital camera jpeg images so it can be reviewed (if you need help on hosting the files online ask for help)
2. The model numbers and makes of all the camera's at the scene (could rule in or out the projection capabilities question)
3. Provide all the other original photos from the prison, so we can determine what the black or dark item is below the camera that the person on the left is holding and what other items in the location might be reflecting in the water

If you cannot or will not produce the original images we are only left with supposition or speculation. Everyone here is as interested as you to look into this.
edit on 22-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

OP doesn't have to do anything. He posted his pic here for our enjoyment, which i have enjoyed. You can choose whether to believe him or not and that's about it. After reading through this entire post, I for one believe him simply because other folks from his area have been on here making posts in regards to the pic from years ago. I have yet to read anything from you skeptics that leads me to conclude this pic is a hoax or faked.

Rezlooper, If you read my post fully I said the original photo is needed "in order to allow a proper evaluation". I never insisted anything. I also said; "If you cannot or will not produce the original images we are only left with supposition or speculation." That is where we are at now. No original image to study, no list of items at the scene, no info about the cameras.

You are satisfied with enjoyment of the thread. Others are interested in studying this further in order to reach the conclusion of belief.

Don't lump me into the skeptic category. I've had my own paranormal event that was experienced by multiple people at the same time in multiple rooms in my house independent of each other.
edit on 22-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: typos

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

You have nothing to prove, so as long as you know that what you have claimed is true. Who cares what others think? There are always going to be members on here wanting more to be able to discredit something they are skeptical about. Mind you, it's what you signed up for when you decided to become a member of ATS

SO very true and I agree, as a few members have also mentioned.
I'm done with trying to authenticate the photo, it is what it is. I just wanted to share my story and our photo with fellow ATSers. There is lots of interesting responses, your story being one of the coolest!

I'm still open to the discussion of the photo and other peoples ghostly encounters however.

edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

that sounds like a very interesting story
do tell

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Xquizit

Please don't feel pressured to produce the original right away if even at all. You posted your photo along with a great personal story for us to enjoy and that's that. Nothing more.

1. The ripples in the water created the mysterious shape and its nothing at all.
And

Xquizit

It's possible the flash reflected one of the guys image into the water. You see the water reflected on to the wall.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

thepixelpusher

Xquizit

And

Xquizit

It's possible the flash reflected one of the guys image into the water. You see the water reflected on to the wall.

You know what? That's a really good possibility. Good thinking

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So, a very neat picture and thanks for the opportunity to view it... even if it IS a playful/malicious hoax and most especially if it isn't!

People have malleable minds... they read some words by some anonymous person and decide, for or against, without any more basis for the guess... projection? Really? In this world of Photoshop that's really jumping through hoops. At least explain why you feel something is hoaxed before blanket pronouncements/agreement.

I have no way of knowing, so thanks for the cool pic and you "sound" credible and took the time to entertain and puzzle a bunch of strangers, so thanks for that... again.

Even if this IS a fake, it's done well and is indicative of things people actually see... so cool.

And my own guess, based on nothing but past experience and an ear for veracity that, while not infallible, is at least usually correct, is that it happened like the OP said... and if someone thinks I'm a fool for thinking this, then A) They're right, I AM a fool... and B) oh, well.

And the chin on the ghosty guy is way too square for Ledger's Joker... heh, so my vote is "real" and if not supernatural, than a friend's joke, or natural reflection or some other trick of light and shadow... somehow. Ghost thingy is almost easier to accept... as long as one knows they exist, that is.
edit on 9/22/2013 by Baddogma because: finis to thought

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'd call this one matrixing.

Cool photo, and story though, and many people are going to have their own opinion, but I definitely do not feel that this pic is doctored, just a really neat coming together of various elements to create an interesting photo.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm in shock at how long this has been front page. It's a comic it doesn't even look like a person. It's hand drawn in pencil and overlayed. Seriously are you all trolling?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

It doesn't seem like we are trolling....
I assume you are tho...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Okay, here's something to consider. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it could be a strong possibility.

NOTE: The black area on the left part is an unseen area past the left of the imaged area. The spot where the person holding the additional camera is standing.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There we go, now that's a plausible explanation. Good work on that.
However, there was at least three of us standing side by side when this photo was taken. Clearly, at least two of us.
Shouldn't the rest of our reflections also be in the water? Personally, I still think there is something else to it.

I just wanted to clarify, that I was not the one who took this photo, it was my friend D.L.. I was slightly behind.

edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's possible that the person closest to the wall would only be seen because of the flash falloff. Clearly the person to the left is in front of you. The others might not be seen because of the corner of the wall or the person to your left is in just the right spot to catch the brightest part of the flash (see white line of reflection angle to camera).

Again, this is just a possibility. I personally have had a paranormal event, so anything is possible.

Thanks for sharing this and putting your image out there for evaluation.
edit on 22-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: added info

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

autopat51

that sounds like a very interesting story
do tell

I dont want to go off topic, so I'll share in a new thread soon. Let's just say I am very skeptical even though I enjoy the subjects of UFO's and the paranormal. My experience along with others at the same time, in different places of the house, has left me questioning my skepticism.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Very cool picture!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Lol, I find it funny how this reality works...
If you believe it, then it's true, and you will find proof to back up your belief...
If you don't believe it, then it's not true and you will find proof to back up your disbelief.

There's this spectrum of personalities and how the brain processes info.
From people who believe anything without needing proof, because they just want it so desperately to be true.
To people who dismiss any kind of proof outright as being a hoax, because it can't possibly be true according to their preconcieved ideas...
Lol... left vs. right, spiritual vs. logical, believers vs. skeptics... A never ending duality which constantly feeds off each other. (I personally choose to sit peacefully in the middle and be like, whatever... if it's real cool, if it's not real... then cool, lol)

Haha... people forget that our thoughts aren't even original. Where did the words come from that we use to communicate and think? Did we create them? Or are we just borrowing them from others before us?

That's totally off topic, I know, but I just like to laugh at people who get their panties in a twist and like to show that they know everything and get a 'one up' on you... like somehow they're smarter than you and you're dumb for trying to pull a fast one on them. They won't be fooled by your games, definitely not! Haha... okay *pats them on the head* Yes, you are right, here's a cookie... now run along and play in your boring world of logic and rules.

Anyway, I've digressed a bunch!... You're awesome, OP. That was a cool synchronistic experience. Lol, I would've been super excited too if that had happened with me. I love when stuff like that occurs.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I can't see this being any sort of reflection. If you look closely at the "ghost" figure, it is in a very odd position. I mean the right arm is partially behind the body. It does not seem to me like a position anyone in the room at the time would be assuming. The left arm appears to be in front, but there is no way anyone with a camera would be taking a photograph like that. Furthermore, I've never seen a shadow cast a clearer image onto water from itself, so I do not believe any moisture on the wall or anything like that would account for the photograph. If you look at that structure on the wall (some sort of fan/vent?) you can see it does cast an image into the water along with some damage on the wall, and they are imperfect reflections and in the proper direction. Whatever that ghost figure is, it is definitely not anyone in that room. Which could only lead me to believe the photo was either doctored or it's real. I am going to go with it being real.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

ArcAngel
Ahhh Technology.

This is a hoax. The lads used a pico projector. You can see it under the camera of the one in the picture. They are only 1 watt LED, so needs to be close. Here's the model I think they used, or something close to it. Because on the right side if you play with exposure and contrast, you can see a circle on the side that looks like the DLP logo. Have a look at this on amazon.

Also, you can see the projection square on the wall and water.

Optoma EP-PK-101 Pico Pocket Projector

Ha! Almost made it off the 1st page without someone tossing in one of these "blah blah blah, it's a hoax" replies. What on earth do you debunking geniuses imagine to be the impetus driving people to work so damn hard to pop together "hoax photos" like this one? Money? Fame? The chance to have some guy dream up a totally obscure method that such a photo could be hoaxed, and have that guy strut around like a bantam rooster knowing that there's no possible way to prove to the average meathead that the photo wasn't faked?

I think it's a pretty cool shot, and I can't imagine spending 20 seconds or twenty bucks trying to fake a shot like that. Especially if the biggest exposure break the photo would have would be getting slagged on this site by the list of tech geeks capable of imagining ways that a photo could be faked. What a waste of time and technology that would be.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join