It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

VindiVin
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

***************************************************************************************************
To your comment: gimme gimme gimme and THEN I"ll believe you..... I really doubt that he or anyone else gives a care if YOU believe them or not. What do you want him to do? Mail you the original picture? Jeesh people, whether or not it's real - what does it matter? He said it was, he has been consistent in what he's said, and yet ya keep beating him up over it. Give it a rest already for crying out loud. If you don't believe it, move on, find another post you DO believe. Yanno.... like one where someone is married to an alien and they have little alien babies and they all travel the intergalactic highway for family vacations. Give the guy a break! Some of you have your doubts, ok, have them, but must ya be so very rude and insulting? This is HIS pic and HIS story, he didn't HAVE to share it at all. Just think, if he hadn't, what would you all have done with the hours you invested into disproving one picture on photo shop and all but out and out calling him a liar? Oi Vey!!!

Just wanted to re-post your post since you said it so excellently! It amazes me how much people obsess over trying to belittle the OP when all they simply have to do is move on from this thread. To each his own.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Rezlooper

VindiVin

***************************************************************************************************
To your comment: gimme gimme gimme and THEN I"ll believe you..... I really doubt that he or anyone else gives a care if YOU believe them or not. What do you want him to do? Mail you the original picture? Jeesh people, whether or not it's real - what does it matter? He said it was, he has been consistent in what he's said, and yet ya keep beating him up over it. Give it a rest already for crying out loud. If you don't believe it, move on, find another post you DO believe. Yanno.... like one where someone is married to an alien and they have little alien babies and they all travel the intergalactic highway for family vacations. Give the guy a break! Some of you have your doubts, ok, have them, but must ya be so very rude and insulting? This is HIS pic and HIS story, he didn't HAVE to share it at all. Just think, if he hadn't, what would you all have done with the hours you invested into disproving one picture on photo shop and all but out and out calling him a liar? Oi Vey!!!

Just wanted to re-post your post since you said it so excellently! It amazes me how much people obsess over trying to belittle the OP when all they simply have to do is move on from this thread. To each his own.

I don't personally think that anyone was trying to belittle the OP, I know I wasn't.

The OP clearly states at the end of the post, that they were anxious to find out other peoples thoughts about the photo.

I actually thank the OP for giving me an opportunity to voice my opinions over the photo and prompt me to come out of my shell on ATS.

The OP has created a very interesting thread and I had an opinion that I wanted to share, rather than simply move on from the thread.

Thanks for sharing your photo and story OP, it's been a very enjoyable thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Looks like Keith Ledger in Batman........Caaaaaaaaaaareepy.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Rezlooper

VindiVin

Please explain to me why it's considered "Belittling" the OP when his photo is scrutinized in a Paranormal thread, but when a photo is scrutinized in a UFO thread it is considered debunking and everyone supports it?

Unidentified Flying Objects are REAL things. They are everywhere, they don't have to be alien in nature, just unidentified objects in the sky. Paranormal means "Beyond Normal" and yes, there are "Paranormal" things that happen, but there is no scientific evidence to say that "paranormal" phenomena are definitively caused by "ghosts". Furthermore, there is no universally agreed upon idea of what a "ghost" even is.

You guys with your bleeding hearts for the OP are truly the bane of this forum. If you want to believe it so bad, it isn't my problem. I'm here to DENY IGNORANCE and that's what I will do. Those of you so eager to believe the validity of this photo and to jump down the throats of those scrutinizing it are embracing ignorance.. Not denying it.

The image was presented as supporting evidence to his story, and it is the feature of the the thread. The thread title says it's a ONE IN A MILLION photograph. From my observations and from the lack of response from the OP, I really have to question the validity of the photograph.

I never "belittled" the OP, I simply held his photo up to the scrutiny these subjects demand. If I am to have evidence of or believe in the this type of Paranormal Phenomena, the information presented has to be examined in a critical manner.

edit on 25-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well...1st of all i'd like to thank OP for the extremely entertaining photo, and quite frankly I don't really care if its real or not, it's interesting and makes you think, so in my opinion it does its job. I'll also add that the back and forth of enery used in this particular thread to prove its fake or true amused me x2 so i'd also like to thank the members for that.

As everybody else seems to have an opinion i'll lay my 2 cents here: Enjoy it, there is a reason many paranormal things or simply unknown things are hardly taken for face value if they will ever be, so many have cried "wolf" already that now its always a wolf, you might just be missing out on some interesting things, give it the benifit of the doubt, "Guilty until proven innocent" is fun and all that, but where is the fun in that?

Once again OP, nice post, very enjoyable!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Rezlooper

VindiVin

So you went out of your way to use someone else's post to antagonize ZiggyMojo. Not only that but your post is not contributing anything except to the bickering.

We've asked for the original because there is no way to attempt to verify this image otherwise.

The thread is about the image.

The threads title includes "One in a Million Odds", in relation to the image.

I and others have offered possible explanations to try to help. I understand if the OP doesn't have access to the original image but he has not responded to who (not asking for names, just gender and age) was in what positions, what they were wearing, and when this was taken and what they look like, to rule out some theories. Multipl pictures were taken at the time.

I applaud the OP for bringing this to ATS for review and sharing their experience. There are times where there is no hard evidence available and I can understand that. Though, I can't understand the lack of response on the questions the OP still can answer himself, even if asked in a critical way.

I would like to see if someone could recreate this image by positioning themselves at Burwash in the same room, positions and with water on the floor and similar equipment. Maybe at the same time of year. Hopefully the OP will take this challenge in the spirit of research and not criticism and take it on himself or assist others that are geographically positioned to be able to do this.

I believe that paranormal events are quite common and can sometimes be verified. Maybe this event can be solved and/or verified.Maybe they can even get a new image and can share the original image here.

Anyone know if reflected apparition images in water are indicated in other notable cases?
edit on 26-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For what it's worth I took a section of the picture and enhanced (adjust contrast,smooth pixelation, etc.) it. All I did was remove the digital camera that was in the foreground and put black over it (upper right hand corner in this image), the rest of the image is the enhanced original.

edit on 26-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

donktheclown
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Looks like Keith Ledger in Batman........Caaaaaaaaaaareepy.

The Joker eyes always look far darker, and the figure in the image supplied by the OP looks more female to me. Unless the ghost of Nurse Joker was visiting Burwash.

My wife, who works in a ward for people with a terminal illness, commented that the expression, closed eyes and the position of the body looks like what she's seen in the nursing home after the person dies.

Screencap (from 2009 DVD release)

Hot Toys Collectible Figure of the Nurse Joker

I'm not in the Joker camp on this. Looks like a young female with long curly hair that is partially covering her face. The OP might check into incidents of women fitting this description that may have perished at the prison. Either as a worker or an inmate.

Maybe the OP is not interested to follow up, but maybe others are. I'd be interested in reading a follow-up thread if anyone attempts this.
edit on 26-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

...that straight up sends chills down my spine. You've managed to make it even more frightening. Like what is that!?
I've spent countless nights in the past just staring at that photo, desperately trying to find some kind of logical explanation. I just don't understand...

I will definately research further into the female nurse or inmate angle. I will let you know if I find anything of interest.
edit on 26-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ArcAngel
Ahhh Technology.

This is a hoax. The lads used a pico projector. You can see it under the camera of the one in the picture. They are only 1 watt LED, so needs to be close. Here's the model I think they used, or something close to it. Because on the right side if you play with exposure and contrast, you can see a circle on the side that looks like the DLP logo. Have a look at this on amazon.

Also, you can see the projection square on the wall and water.

Optoma EP-PK-101 Pico Pocket Projector

Why don't you show what your proof of hoax is in the image. I don't see any pocket projector, so if there is one, then show it on the picture please.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

ArchaicDesigns

...that straight up sends chills down my spine. You've managed to make it even more frightening. Like what is that!?
I've spent countless nights in the past just staring at that photo, desperately trying to find some kind of logical explanation. I just don't understand...

I will definately research further into the female nurse or inmate angle. I will let you know if I find anything of interest.
edit on 26-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

What's even creepier is that my wife, who works in a nursing home ward for terminal people, immediately said that it looks like people just after they passed. Her words were "that person is dead", even before I had a chance to tell her what the picture was!
edit on 26-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: edited to add quote

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just wanted to let everyone know, thepixelpusher has informed me that my story has made it to Beforeitsnews and Dateline Zero.
Ghost of Burwash, Ontario

Slightly uncomfortable amount of attention lol but I'm glad so many of you found it interesting. This thread was a great experience and I met some new friends along the way. Thanks everyone for commenting and adding to this awesome experience.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I first viewed the images in this post on my cell phone. I was trying to zoom up the second image when a second and third face jumped out at me, in the top 1/3 of the image to the left of center. I boot up my laptop and have been trying for the last 45 minutes to use a few different programs to try to enhance them so I can re-post them here, but wasn't successful. One of the biggest issues is the poor pixelation, obviously the images were zoomed and cropped. If anyone else is better skilled at post processing programs, or wants to try viewing the images on their smart phone, I'd love to hear if it's reproducible. Load up the image, zoom it a bit and put your finger on the image and swipe it slightly, left or right but don't take your finger off when you're done. I have to be up in 5 hours so I'm off to bed but if no one has posted the images by tomorrow evening, I'll try again, or at least, try to figure out how to put pointers on the images and repost them.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
I just wanted to let everyone know, thepixelpusher has informed me that my story has made it to Beforeitsnews and Dateline Zero.
Ghost of Burwash, Ontario

Slightly uncomfortable amount of attention lol but I'm glad so many of you found it interesting. This thread was a great experience and I met some new friends along the way. Thanks everyone for commenting and adding to this awesome experience.

The conclusion of the article (?) is that your picture was "thorough debunked." This was on the last page:

source: www.datelinezero.com...

UPDATE:
As ats mentioned in the comments, it looks like this has been thoroughly debunked. Over at the Above Top Secrets thread, SoulRelliK points out the striking resemblance between the ghost in the image and the Joker (as portrayed by Heath Ledger).
And then ArcAngel suggests that the image was projected, using a simple hand-held projector. He points out that it appears the projector is even in the pic — the second camera that the pair were using looks to be sitting on top of the little hand-held projector.
By the third page in the discussion, the image is really being dissected by the ATS folks. And I do believe the case has been made very well: this is a hoax. But a well done one. (Without the use of Photoshop!)

I must have missed the part where this was thoroughly debunked.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

wow that really makes it stand out.
I saw just an old lady in original pic. just a tired, old lady.
it is probably paradelia (or whatever that word is) but in your enhanced pic I also clearly see a nurse in scrubs on the left bottom.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is an almost animated-look to many true ghost photos. The animal apparition I saw a few years ago outside looked more like a 1700s style drawing of a small animal rather than an actual physical, 3D creature. The 2D nature of ghost phenomenon has been noticed before, especially where demonic entities are concerned. I believe the possibility this is a real image and not a hoax. The debunkers are going out of their way to cling to assumptions on what happened without any real evidence to back up their claims, either. (I'm sorry but I do not see a projector.) It's actually getting in the way of peaceful debate on what is going on in the pic between the people who are willing to take the evidence at face value and believe the possibility it is real.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD?
has anyone else been able to snap a similar pic?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join