It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

And the thing below it? A flashlight, I suppose, as the OP says. I can't understand why the digital camera (projector?) would be so obviously included in a hoaxed picture though...so...I have no idea what it is!

Thank you for strengthening my point and also for sharing a photo of one of these projectors.

Hopefully, everyone can now see that it's not one of these projected images, as the figure would not have appeared upside down and would have had more illumination around the whole image.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignatio

Always nice to meet a fellow Northern Ontarian.

Nice break down of the photo, but I assure you friend that it is indeed real.

The white border around the photo is just from sloppy cropping when I was adding the red arrow in.
I can provide a copy without it, if you wish.
edit on 21-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

I wasn`t referring to the edge border, only the highlighted in pink sections.

However, if you can provide a RAW image or unaltered JPEG directly from the source camera with relevant unedited metadata, that would go a long way towards leaving me speechless.

EDIT:

I should also make clear that I don`t suspect that you personally did anything with the image, I believe that you are truthful in claiming no knowledge of any kind of edit. I also am skeptical that the figure is produced by a projector, though I cannot completely discount that either.

edit on 9/21/2013 by ignatio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm going to try and steer this thread back on track a little bit, does anyone else have a similar type of photo involving a ghostly figure or apparition near water? I wonder if others have experienced this type of phenomena.

I wish I had more interesting apparitions to share. We took many photos that day and went through them with a fine tooth comb, and that was the only photo with a ghostly figure of any kind. Which makes me curious about the water, as an earlier poster mentioned, many people believe water to act as a gateway of sorts.

I plan on returning one day with some friends, and this time I will be prepared.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I don't feel bad because that is what i see. The crouched figure seems to lack hair, ears and clothing. This doesn't fall in line with a ghost in my mind but instead is more akin to a demon. Pareidolia might be one answer, but it isn't always THE answer. The religious history and folklore surrounding demons is simply too wide spread across to many cultures for everything to be chalked up to imagination. If you can agree that the theory of multiple dimensions/realities is a possibility then it falls within the realm of possibility that ones of the dimensions would be what we call, for lack of a better term, hell.

To paraphrase Freud, sometimes a demon is just a demon.

LOL Occam's razor is all well and good but you have to include the vast majority of people all over the world who actually believe in these things as well. In the end which is the simplest explanation?

That billions of people believe in demons because they are real and have been referenced throughout history by every major culture, or everyone is just playing "make believe" with their faith?

It strikes me as odd that you keep confining demons to negative energy and to hell... If you actually believed in demons, you'd know from the Bible that demons are in heaven as well. Also, you can't say "billions of people believe because they're real" as an argument for them being real. "They're real because they're real" is just circular and not constructive. Just a thought.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not 100% convinced it is a projection, but that's only because I'm unfamiliar with handheld projection devices. I'm still not 100% on it being a ghost either. I haven't a theory of my own to throw out there as to what the image actually is, but I completely believe that it's a ghost. Still, it's a great picture, and makes me want to visit the area it was taken in.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

There are lots of interesting abandoned areas and townships in Northern Ontario.
I have been to a few myself, most recently to a ghost town called Happy Valley. We found their old little graveyard, which is sill undistrubed. Some of the inscriptions on the graves are from the late 1800s and some explain which boats they arrived on from their journey over the sea.

Here is a link to a very good website on ghost towns and abandoned places in Ontario,

Ontario Abandoned Places

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

This is definitely interesting and as such I have added this post to my subreddit of possible show topics for my radio show. I'll let you know if this subject goes to air.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That's awesome! Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I can't stop thinking about the aspect of water having something to do with it. The thought has crossed my mind before and I'm certain  that I have read something like this in my prior researches.

Whether you look at these events as spiritual or multi-dimensional, there has to be some type of mechanics that allow this to happen and maybe water has a large part to do with it.

I decided to do some further research online about ghostly apparitions and their possible connection to water. 
I came across this very interesting site that does just that, I thought I would share it.

Water and the paranormal

One observation I have made throughout the years is that water helps paranormal events occur. I have only noticed a few others making the same observation, but I am convinced that there is something to it. I am not saying you have to have water present for a haunt or occurrence, but what I am saying is that it can help and in some cases be one of the main contributors. I have investigated hundreds upon hundreds of homes where I believe that water played a key role in the haunt process. I have found consistent evidence with each home by type of haunt compared to the type of water body and direction of water flow. Homes that have rivers and streams running nearby the property from one side to the other tend to have more objects being moved and thrown, doors opening/closing, noises and may experience occasional apparitions. Homes that have rivers or streams that run diagonally toward the house and then bend away from the house tend to be the most active...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
I'm going to try and steer this thread back on track a little bit, does anyone else have a similar type of photo involving a ghostly figure or apparition near water? I wonder if others have experienced this type of phenomena.

I wish I had more interesting apparitions to share. We took many photos that day and went through them with a fine tooth comb, and that was the only photo with a ghostly figure of any kind. Which makes me curious about the water, as an earlier poster mentioned, many people believe water to act as a gateway of sorts.

I plan on returning one day with some friends, and this time I will be prepared.

Do you have the raw, unedited photo right from the digi camera as requested? I'd be interested to see it as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

Would it help if i were to also say that a number of angels elected to remain neutral during the battle between Lucifer and God, and afterwards remained upon earth instead of transitioning back to heaven or hell serving as the origin of all the faerie myths that have also persisted across every culture throughout history?

or that i kept it simple because demonic/angelic history is a bit off topic for a thread about a ghost picture?

How is it a circular argument to point out that many cultures believed in demons, be they Oni, Jinn, Evil Spirits, Orishas, etc? Shouldn't a worldwide phenomenon stretching back across 5000 years of human history be a valid point to make in regards to the existence of what, for simplicity, we would call a demon?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ignatio

Good processing, I guess you could be useful for some pic or vid debunking, though as usual, when it comes to these things there needs to be another picture, several pictures. One pic is not enough, can be faked.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
there's also an orb in the middle of the photo, right above the top of the table. nice catch!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Anyone know how to post a picture on here?

I have a personal picture taken of the exact same area as this OP's, I uploaded the picture to my account but can post it. When I click on the Photo tab, it's blank?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

autopat51
this thread started out to be very interesting..
but like most threads of this kind nothing can be discussed
because they always digress into back and forth discussions
of how this was faked...i wish we could just talk about the original OP
...for once...

^this^

Everyone please stick to the topic. This is posted in the Paranormal Forum, if you don't believe in ghosts or demons...fine but, be advised, you are unlikely to change the minds of those who do so...please do not derail the thread or continually decry hoax without some sort of substantiation. It's not only rude but runs contrary to the purpose of this forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/22/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is too good to be true. It is eerie and creepy and all, but the 'ghost' is just too perfect; and in life, if something is this good it should make headlines. This would be the most awesome ghost picture I have ever seen [seriously], if it was real. This should be sent to Universities with all the evidence of the original, this should be made public and sent to researchers all over the world.
But alas, it is posted on ATS only.
The answers of OP also worry me. Too many 'lols' and condescending remarks instead of offering the original files and genuine astonishment.

I am sorry [and I really am]. This is a hoax.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Personally, I wouldn't use a projector to hoax a 'Ghost' photograph.

No, I would use the Ghost Capture app instead...

Like I did on this picture!!

I'm not for a moment suggesting the OP is shifty enough to attempt to pull a fast one...

but if they are - this app makes very convincing images, very easily!

edit on 22-9-2013 by Chesterpudlian because: Spacing

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hecate666
This is too good to be true. It is eerie and creepy and all, but the 'ghost' is just too perfect; and in life, if something is this good it should make headlines. This would be the most awesome ghost picture I have ever seen [seriously], if it was real. This should be sent to Universities with all the evidence of the original, this should be made public and sent to researchers all over the world.
But alas, it is posted on ATS only.
The answers of OP also worry me. Too many 'lols' and condescending remarks instead of offering the original files and genuine astonishment.

I am sorry [and I really am]. This is a hoax.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

I don't understand? Too many 'lols'!? I can't help it that I find it funny when I post a picture, which I know to be 'true' by every sense of the word and by my personal experience that day, and people try telling me it is a fake. So yeah, it amuses me when people are trying to tell me it's a pico projector on the first page! I was caught off guard and wasn't expecting that comment. You can't judge the material that someone is bringing forward by the number of 'lols' they used in a post! That is 'lol' laughable.

Is there some type of edicate or emotional pattern that people need to follow when posting a ghost picture?
I'm a laid back guy, I just brush or laugh stupid comments off.

As for the excitement level, we took this picture 7 years ago, so the excitement isn't the same as the initial discovery. I trying to get my old PC running as we speak, so I can track down the original off the camera for everyone. I was never planning on sharing the photo with anyone, I mainly did because of the account with my new friend.

And as far as sending it to Universities and what not, they thought never crossed our minds. We more excited about the photo and our own personal experience to be worrying about fame or people just labeling us hoaxers. I was fine with our picture just floating around our local area with our story attacteched to it. The memory of the experience is everything to me, if I lost the picture tomorrow, I couldn't care less.

And since when was I being condescending towards anyone? Many people were condescending towards me and me photo. I apologize if I might have some off that way, but I was getting slightly annoyed with be labelled a hoaxer when all I am trying to do is share a story and a photo with some like-minded people.
edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Nyiah
Now, I'm not a Photoshop expert (I use Photoscape, and don't even know how to use all it's functions) But. That's The Joker, people.

I cropped, resized, and tried to line the faces up in a gif. The face characteristics match even through the tweaking, although the body, no. Odds are, a 'shop head-swapping job, and he damn near fooled us with it presented as a real ghost image.

edit on 9/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

LOL. the Joker, huh? Great pic OP! I'm not much into ghosts but I believe you have yourself an intriguing photo there. Like you pointed out, the image at the bottom of wall overlaps the ghostly image and if you were projecting, that wouldn't happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by Nyiah

I'm still waiting for this "'shopper with good skills" to come on by and debunk our photo...but that's not going to happen, because it's the real deal.
I'm open to theories and hypothesis about reflections and light anomalies

Uhm, sorry, contradiction here.

You claim multiple times it's the "real deal"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join