It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A very strange event occurred today which led me to share this photo and it's story,which I will get to in a moment.

First, I would like to share with you the Burwash Ghost.

Back in 2005, a few friends and myself decided to go investigate the old abandoned Burwash Prison (Burwash Industrial Farm's Camp Bison), cause that's what Sudbury boys do for fun!

The township of Burwash is no more, and the prison is one of the only remaining examples.
It's about a 30 minute treck from the outskirts.

The prison was open from about 1916 to the early 1970s. Here is a link to a brief history on the Burwash prison and township,
Burwash (Ghostown)

As we ventured through the prison, I friend of mine, who I will refer to as D.L., was snapping away on his digital camera. He took photos of almost every room. When we were looking through the photos shortly after, we discovered one photo with a very peculiar guest...one we have sinced named the Burwash Ghost! (Pictured here in the bottom left)

See the figure in the bottom left!?

There was about 3 inches of water in the room, it looks like a reflection in the water of a figure huddled in the corner! Could this be an authentic Burwash ghost?

The detail in unmistakeable and a little frightening. lol

The features are very distinct, it resembles a man crouched in the corner with his arms draped over his knees.
I know some people will say, it's the reflection of my friend D.L. but I just don't think that's the cause of this figure. We were all standing behind the person with the camera. None of our reflections would have appeared like that in the opposite corner.
This is the closest thing to a ghost that we have come across as evidence of sorts, and it's still a mystery to this day.

Now, on to the recent event which led to me posting this picture.

I have recently met a new friend through work with many similar interests. Today, I decided to head over to his place for the first time to hang out. We started to shoot the # about various subjects (lots of ATS matter) and somehow ended up on ghosts.

"Have you ever seen a ghost" my friend asked.

"Not that I can remember, I think when I was very young I might have..." I replied.

My friend got really excited and said "You have to check out this ghost picture I have from Burwash Prison..."

I stopped him in his tracks, "Whoa, hold on a sec! I have a Burwash story too! Let me go first then we will compare."
Now, I have no idea what compelled me to cut him off and go first, but I did. I proceeded to tell him about our adventure.

"...so we got to this room where the water was about ankle deep." My friends eyes got very wide and he starred at me very excitedly..."Go on" he said.
So, I continued on, "...and there was a huddled figure in the corner of the picture.", my friend jumped out of his seat in shock, disbelief and excitement all at once.

At first, I couldn't even make out what he was saying because he was so excited, all the while clicking away on his computer...clicking away until he pulled up the exact photo, our photo! So now it was my turn to jump up and yell in excitement and disbelief! lol

After a few minutes of nothing but yelling and shock and awe, we finally put the pieces of this very odd puzzle together.
Apparently, after we left the prison that day, my friend D.L. (the photographer) decided to take his exciting find down to the local Source (electronic store) and show it off to the boys. He struts right in to the video department claiming he has a ghost and want to check it out on the big screens and what not.
Well, it turns out, the kid working in that department at the time was none other than my newly met friend from work! He has kept the picture ever since! He said it blew his mind so he e-mailed it to himself from work and always shows it to people when on the subject of ghost.
Like what are the chances!?!?! lol
My brain is still just rattled from the experience! How's that for synchronicity!

Needless to say, it's all we have been talking about this evening.

Well there you have it. I am very anxious to see what fellow ATS members think of the photo. I hope you enjoy!

edit on 9/22/2013 by kosmicjack because: edit at OP request

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A quick google image search shows that this is'nt the only ghost pic from the prison.
Nice one! I love it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Cool pic, and i can definitely tell it's a "person" and not a lens flair, etc, buuuut...why is there half a digital camera IN the picture? Was he holding the camera with one hand and shooting pictures with something else?

It looks really out of place.

And it doesn't make sense.

Please explain.

Unless the person who took the photo is not the person who is holding the camera...

Still looks out of place
edit on 21-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Looks more like a camcorder than a digital camera.

Cool pic, will show the wife later when she gets home, she's into this sort of stuff.
edit on 21/9/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
WOW!!!!

That # is weird!

On the first pic it almost looks like a 'ghost' is hanging itself outta the window.

The images you and your companions took are freaking awesome!

Those are pissed off ghosts!

If that is real i would have freaked out and run out of the building screaming like a little girl!!!! lol

Thanks 4 the share.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It looks like a woman
It is creepy

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That isn't a ghost, its a demon.

Like all prisons this place would have been heavily influenced by negative energy, all that pain and suffering would have weakened the veil between the living world and the spiritual world. As water is considered by many cultures to be a doorway between those two worlds, and the veil separating them has already been ground down, your presence combined with the positive charge of the camera batteries offered you a rare opportunity to gain an image of it.

Your Dept of National Defense knows this to be true, hence why they bought up so much land and continue training there.

If i were you i would comb through the other pictures you took for signs of demonic symbols or imagery, or simply go back and make another investigation. Wait until just after a storm to go back, if you do, and do not go alone. If you plan on going at night then be careful, things like this are not to be trifled with.

If you don't believe me take another look at the facial details in the picture, the lines of the mouth tell the story clearly. Do a quick search of Real Demon Photos to compare. I bet that you will see what i see.

There are darker things on the other side then ghosts, and a place like this would be a feeding ground for them.

If you want to "meet" it, then feel free to PM me and i will tell you how to do so.

Don't let yourself be dinner for the darkness.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You got my attention. I'd typically go with the "it's matrixing" claim, but this is far too detailed. It could be fake, but I'll take your word for it seeing a quick Google search yielded quite a few anomalous pictures. So good catch!

To me, "ghosts" have always been something real. Since I was little, my parents, grandparents, and even my great grandparents would tell me stories of things that went bump in the night. Seeing that several generations of family have been "plagued" by the paranormal (myself included) it's just something I've accepted as fact. I've even turned two non-believers into full fledged ghost hunters. I miss those days, wish I could have been with you all checking the old prison out.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

That's a good 'ghost' pict', I'll bet that town & the near by prison have a bit of history... Secrets maybe...
I do hate to point it out but, the 'ghost' looks a LOT like 'The Joker' [New version - from recent Batman movie...] a really good photo job if it is one...

You all should go back some time & take more pictures, see what shows up...?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow nice shots those are very good i love to see pictures like these i scoll.through any pics i come across I've never gott pics of any encounters I've had but know lots.of these are real thank u for the share

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Sorry, I guess I should have explained that part. Lol
There was actually two people taking photos, but my friend D.L. was the one with the more prominent shots, and more of them.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Thanks for sharing you thoughts. I must admit, I have had similar ones myself.

As water is considered by many cultures to be a doorway between those two worlds, and the veil separating them has already been ground down, your presence combined with the positive charge of the camera batteries offered you a rare opportunity to gain an image of it.

I had a funny feeling that the water had something to do with it, especially the fact that the ghost only appeared in the waters reflection.

We do plan on going back, and this room will be the center of our investigation.
As far meeting the "demon" goes, I think I'll pass on that one. Lol

That place definitely had a negative vibe. When we were leaving the prison, walking down the trail, I could feel cold stares piercing me in the back.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have been there many times
. Always had a creepy feeling even though it was a minimum security prison. None of the prisoners there were actual bad a$$ criminals. Most of them were there for repeated misdemeanors (thieves and drunks). It was a self sustaining prison or camp as they called it. The prisoners there were taught responsibility by farming and agriculter within the camp parameters ready for distributions to the local town of Burwash, Ontario. Once the prison
Shut down, Burwash had become a ghost town. Till this day you can still see some of the house foundations within the thick woods and overgrown brush.

I have taken many pictures from this place and they are all incredibly spooky. Unfortunelty, no ghostly encounters

I've seen the op's picture quite a few times, as it has circulated around the Sudbury area for quite some time now and I always wanted to know who took it! Now I know!

It's nice to see another fellow Sudburian here on the forum.

Xquizit

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Hey, nice to see a fellow Sudburian!

That's really cool that you have been there a few times as well.

It's like a right of passage of something for Sudburians lol

I've seen the op's picture quite a few times, as it has circulated around the Sudbury area for quite some time now and I always wanted to know who took it! Now I know!

Serious!? That's awesome! I'm starting to get the feeling that we are some kind of ghost hunting legends around here now. lol
I have a funny feeling that I have probably met you before.

We're going out to the old Radar Base again sometime this fall as well. I'm bringing my metal detector this time, so hopefully I'll find something interesting. Lot's of photos will be taken as well!

edit on 21-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
With the angle of the image and the second camera being held, I would have to say that the image is actually a projection from a Nikon Coolpix S1000pj or other camera that has projection capability, the camera being held looks very similar to that model.
edit on 21/9/2013 by Dabih because: Added a few words.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

on-believers into full fledged ghost hunters. I miss those days, wish I could have been with you all checking the old prison out.

I hear you friend, sometimes it is hard to keep the crew together and stay in touch, many people drift away through the years.
Remember though, that there are always many like-minded people all over the world. Sometimes you just have to reach out and find them!
If you ever make your way up to Northern Ontario, make sure to drop your pal ArchaicDesigns a line!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ahhh Technology.

This is a hoax. The lads used a pico projector. You can see it under the camera of the one in the picture. They are only 1 watt LED, so needs to be close. Here's the model I think they used, or something close to it. Because on the right side if you play with exposure and contrast, you can see a circle on the side that looks like the DLP logo. Have a look at this on amazon.

Also, you can see the projection square on the wall and water.

Optoma EP-PK-101 Pico Pocket Projector

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

ArcAngel
Ahhh Technology.

This is a hoax. The lads used a pico projector. You can see it under the camera of the one in the picture. They are only 1 watt LED, so needs to be close. Here's the model I think they used, or something close to it. Because on the right side if you play with exposure and contrast, you can see a circle on the side that looks like the DLP logo. Have a look at this on amazon.

Also, you can see the projection square on the wall and water.

Optoma EP-PK-101 Pico Pocket Projector

Yeah! Good catch.

It was quite obvious also with the angle the camera was being held.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Lol I'm sorry but that comment is hilarious! This is the real deal man, whether you like it or not. This photo has not been edited in any way. And if I ever was going to "edit" a ghost into a picture for some reason, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have put it upside down in a bottom corner.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dabih

That is another friend of mine holding a different digital camera that happened to get caught in the frame.
There is nothing being "projected" here lol come on now.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join