It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

mikelkhall

antonioparis
reply to post by camaro68ss

Feel safe. We have USMC with AR15s protecting the entire facility. Both inside and outside. Also about 20 or so DC Metro police too.

When did the Marines start using AR-15's?

Im sure he ment M-16 or M-4's. I wounder if the police or military is observing the 30rd magazine ban in DC?

Im sure the would be shooters are.....

edit on 16-9-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   

IrishCream

MagesticEsoteric

IrishCream
OMG, did he seriously bring up Syria in the first minute of the press conference?! AND now the economy?!

WOW!!!!! Just wow *sigh*.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't he already scheduled to speak about the economy and then decided to comment on the unfolding events??

Doesn't explain the comments on Syria though.

Yes, this was a scheduled press conference and the reporter stated that after they finally cut him off, but yeah, he was scheduled to discuss the economy.

I thought so....Might have been a good idea if he postponed the talks on the economy to focus on armed shooters running around in his own city...just my 2 cents though.

link   

Indigo5

Still not getting it? Should they do media blackout? Not secure the area? Not make the local people aware that a shooter is on the loose?

I mean, I understand the high altitude convenience of the broad accusation that this is an affront to our civil liberties, but I am glad they caught the Boston Bombers before they made it to Times Square for act 2. I want my government to tell make local families aware their is a shooter on loose. I want them to secure the area and try to catch the terrorists or wackos.

How would you like them to approach this differently?

They caught the Boston Bomber NOT by shutting down the city and doing a house-to-house search. The loser was hiding in a fracking boat!

Be aware! By all means. But to hide and be all askared and wait for Big Brother to make decisions impacting your life is a sacrifice to individual freedoms.

But be safe.
Be secure.

(just don't ask to be free)

+1 more 
link   
If I was a conspiracy buff I'd say this went off a few days before planned.

www.govevents.com...

Department of Homeland Security - 1
NPPD/IP/SOPD
Our Upcoming Events

Active Shooter Workshop-DC
September 19, 2013 | 7th & G Sts., NW, Main Floor meeting room Administrative Entrance located on 7th & G Sts. Washington, DC 20004

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Yes you are right..he was supposed to be talking on the economy anyway. It was the woman behind him in black and white that I couldn't believe...smiles all over her face ffs.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Right?? Seems like bad timing, in my opinion. Pretty insensitive of him...
You would think he'd be a little more concerned for a shooting going on in his own city, where he lives...
And the fact that it's on a military base.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Really? We expect everything instantly in this super sonic tech age, don't we all?

Hey President - speak upon a still active unfolding situation, make guesses and uneducated remarks so we can rip you a new one when the dust settles and a clear picture of the events finally emerge.

:rolls eyes:

I tell you - you can't get better comedy than ATS!

CdT

link   
I'm anxiously waiting for the who, what, why. Who are the shooters and what was the motive? Are they homegrown terrorists or other? Anybody got theories out there? It's probably too soon to speculate.

link   

camaro68ss

mikelkhall

antonioparis
reply to post by camaro68ss

Feel safe. We have USMC with AR15s protecting the entire facility. Both inside and outside. Also about 20 or so DC Metro police too.

When did the Marines start using AR-15's?

Im sure he ment M-16 or M-4's. I wounder if there Observing the 30rd magazine ban in DC?
edit on 16-9-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

If they aren't are you going to try to arrest them? lol. I knew what he was meaning also, was just funning him.

link   

Police Chief Lanier said one of the men was white and dressed in a khaki, tan navy-style uniform with a beret, while the second man was black, aged around 50 and wearing olive drab uniform.

Lanier: No indication that the men were actually military personnel.

Lanier: "The big concern for us at the moment is that we potentially have two other shooters."

Live updates here - Link

link   

Britster1821

I may have replied to the wrong person lol...sorry.

I'm trying really hard not to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon here. But he just jumped on Syria as soon as he was on.
"Oh, there's a shooting? Ok, um, we're getting to the bottom of it. Yay USA! Ok, now back to business, Syria, Obamacare, economy, go!"

Awesome. I have so much faith right now, in our current administration

edit on 16-9-2013 by Britster1821 because: (no reason given)

He'll take any chance he can get to push whatever agenda he's got. Of course, that's just the way of politicians

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This must be such a horrible time for those who have lost loved ones and loved ones in surgery and fighting for their lives.

edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I have no problem with the media alerting the people in the area or the police doing there jobs. What I do have a problem with is forced lock downs and people who accept it as an okay thing to do.

link   

mikelkhall

antar
OMG!!!! Did this happen so that ombama could come on and Yakity Yak?

People are tuning in to find out WHATf he is going to do about the Naval base!

I know, right. I tuned in and he was talking about the poor and down-trodden so I just disconnected the feed.
He is such a joke right now.

This press conference was prescheduled specifically to talk about the state of the economy 5 years after the 2008 collapse. Obviously, He started off the speech about the events this morning but the speech was not about these shootings.

edit on 16-9-2013 by SahaniWaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
had to take my boyfriend to work, trying to catch up here, Are they still looking for more shooters?

Also, i was listening to the news radio in the car and they said something about the shooter (i believe the dead one) was associated with the navy and had a recent status change? Did anyone else hear anything about that?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

khimbar
If I was a conspiracy buff I'd say this went off a few days before planned.

www.govevents.com...

Department of Homeland Security - 1
NPPD/IP/SOPD
Our Upcoming Events

Active Shooter Workshop-DC
September 19, 2013 | 7th & G Sts., NW, Main Floor meeting room Administrative Entrance located on 7th & G Sts. Washington, DC 20004

Wow. wow wow wow. very interesting. Thank you for posting this.

link   
reply to post by khimbar

Wow. That is a very strong coincidence...

link   

CirqueDeTruth
Really? We expect everything instantly in this super sonic tech age, don't we all?

Hey President - speak upon a still active unfolding situation, make guesses and uneducated remarks so we can rip you a new one when the dust settles and a clear picture of the events finally emerge.

:rolls eyes:

I tell you - you can't get better comedy than ATS!

CdT

A small thing like facts didnt stop them rushing to go into war with Syria now did it?
You cant get better comedy from a government. I mean it would be hysterically funny if people didnt keep dying.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Britster1821

The guy is a tool, in the truest sense of the word

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

sueloujo
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Yes you are right..he was supposed to be talking on the economy anyway. It was the woman behind him in black and white that I couldn't believe...smiles all over her face ffs.

That was most certainly done in poor taste on her part.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join