It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Exactly. We simply don't know who these men are yet to assume motives.

However, there are those who will follow this and take in all the different musings on who these men could be - and then we get to watch some people claim false flags! All of which was based upon conjecture (prediction/opinions) on what might be the motivations of the shooter(s). It's rather alarming, entertaining, and fascinating - watching the disconnect from reality.

Reality is - we don't know who or why - yet...

CdT

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

They had all kinds of different units responding to this. Principal responders were DC police, base security, and FBI. But every SWAT group they could get their hands on was there.

You want Navy SEALs responding to this? Find a way to get them from San Diego and Virginia quicker than the local police and security can get there.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

antar
Ewww, LEO now going to Blackberry to communicate...

That was EMS not LEO.

link   

roadgravel
reply to post by antar

Shelter in home.... Schools in lockdown...

If the other(s) are not found soon, wonder if DC will get a door to door search, much like Boston.

Interesting thought.

Local news just stated that the schools will remain on lock down until the man hunt is over.
edit on 16-9-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

link   
Syria off the table = gun control back on the table.

No surprises there.

link   

roadgravel
News asking people to report on shooter in tan uniform wearing beret.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest this guy might have dumped the beret, and probably the uniform too.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

antar
a 107 year old deaf and blind man 'threatens' his roommate and the FBI, ATF, SWAT National guard is called in , but at our own NAVAL Installation in DC, the local fricking leo are the ones called in?

Maybe the FBI, ATF, SWAT National guard prefer to not deal with 'real' threats. They want to just direct their combatants from their secure command center.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's got to be Syria or Iran. I mean everybody else loves the U.S!!

I find it totally astonishing that commentators are quick to spill such claims, but they have to keep up the conditioning.

Let's Nuke em man!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

mikelkhall

ikonoklast
Press conference just now, DC police said one confirmed shooter dead and said it's unconfirmed but there are possibly two more shooters, one white and one black, still at large.

Did the press conference say whether or not the dead shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot or return fire?

No, they only said that the one shooter was confirmed dead but they didn't give any more details.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

i got the impression they were hoping someone knew a person (neighbor, etc) they saw dressed that way earlier. The guy is probably dressed as police or EMS now.

link   
Here comes the Prez.

link   

Cobaltic1978
It's got to be Syria or Iran. I mean everybody else loves the U.S!!

I find it totally astonishing that commentators are quick to spill such claims, but they have to keep up the conditioning.

Let's Nuke em man!!!!!

Actually MOST terrorist actions on US soil are committed by Americans.
But you know they will spin this SOMEHOW.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by antar

Shelter in home.... Schools in lockdown...

If the other(s) are not found soon, wonder if DC will get a door to door search, much like Boston.

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet. But they Grounded all outbound flights at Reagan International Airport.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

it looks like HRT have been the ones responsible for the sweep of the area, most of the media i have been reading seem to be saying FBI, which by extension probably means the used HRT.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

We have watched and read as the Government and local agencies merge, this is one step closer to that agreement. In the olden days, Navy would have gone into lock down and NO agency other than their own internal would have handled this, and it would have been resolved in minutes, the 2 other potentials would be dead now as well. We are going to see many befuddled messes as they figure this out and posse comatatus (sp) is thoroughly dismantled.
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

link   
TV news online (WUSA9] just said the first casualty was a 60 year old male who was shot in the temple and died.

President speaking now.

link   
I am right across the street. We are "sheltered in place". Helicopters and USMC have surrounded my building. We are safe.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
FOX still reporting one dead shooter ... hunting for two more.
It's been a while ... I don't think they'll get 'them' unless they are injured
and seek medical help .. or if a victim can identify them.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

beezzer
Ok.

Public shooting. Check.
Get all the media. Check.
State that there may have been more than 1 shooter. Check.
Scare the population. Check.

Lock down entire city and impose draconian police-state atmosphere. . . . Pending.

As opposed to what Beez? The media not covering it? Not doing everything possible to warn people or catch the shooters?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

He spoke about the naval yard incident and as soon as he switched to talking about Syria the local news channel cut him off, lol!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join