It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
OMG, did he seriously bring up Syria in the first minute of the press conference?! AND now the economy?!

WOW!!!!! Just wow *sigh*.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Dont they have spy satellite? Or have I been watching too much espionage TV?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Indigo5

beezzer
Ok.

Public shooting. Check.
Get all the media. Check.
State that there may have been more than 1 shooter. Check.
Scare the population. Check.

Lock down entire city and impose draconian police-state atmosphere. . . . Pending.

As opposed to what Beez? The media not covering it? Not doing everything possible to warn people or catch the shooters?

Its all over the news here in the UK, Im glad they told me, or I might have been in trouble/danger.
I think beezer is right, another media circus in full trapeze. Lockdown pt 2 (Dangerous DC) is probably on the way.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

IrishCream
OMG, did he seriously bring up Syria in the first minute of the press conference?! AND now the economy?!

Now if that doesnt get the old spidey senses going nuts, I dont know what will.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
5-0 Radio has Washington DC Fire, and EMS at top with 4945 Listeners. Just now they said

"Ambulance 41 respond to 9th and M street for injured officer".

"Copy ambulance 41 Mass Casulty Unit Copy"

So the hunt becomes even greater .... Awaiting shut down of entire city and door to door search.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Tazkven
reply to post by IrishCream

He spoke about the naval yard incident and as soon as he switched to talking about Syria the local news channel cut him off, lol!

LOL, good! All I have rigt now is the online live stream and that's what I'm stuck listening to.

NOW Health Care.... shocker

link   

antar
reply to post by roadgravel

We have watched and read as the Government and local agencies merge, this is one step closer to that agreement. In the olden days, Navy would have gone into lock down and NO agency other than their own internal would have handled this, and it would have been resolved in minutes, the 2 other potentials would be dead now as well. We are going to see many befuddled messes as they figure this out and posse comatatus (sp) is thoroughly dismantled.
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, that was not a base that was full of active duty personnel. Most of the people that worked at that Naval Yard were civilians who worked for the government in the procurement area.

link   

Indigo5

beezzer
Ok.

Public shooting. Check.
Get all the media. Check.
State that there may have been more than 1 shooter. Check.
Scare the population. Check.

Lock down entire city and impose draconian police-state atmosphere. . . . Pending.

As opposed to what Beez? The media not covering it? Not doing everything possible to warn people or catch the shooters?

Safety before freedom!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ayman Al-Zawahri called for attacks on the anniversary of 9/11. It would be much easier for the government to link this to Syria than to use it for gun control so think about it...who is the real enemy of the government?

EMS is also stating that they are still moving assets to respond. This is still an active shooter situation, correct?

There is a report of an injured officer also.

Link

There was a lockdown for two teens in Boston so where will this go?
edit on 16-9-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

FlyersFan
FOX still reporting one dead shooter ... hunting for two more.
It's been a while ... I don't think they'll get 'them' unless they are injured
and seek medical help .. or if a victim can identify them.

With the insane amount of public/private data each human leaves behind...IF there are multiple shooters that knew and planned this together, then they will find the others since they have one of the shooters.

I am sure they have special investigative teams that have already identified the dead shooter, will be sending bomb squads, ATF and FBI to his home shortly. Will interview friends and family within hours and will be pulling phone records, sales receipts, email, surveillance video from wherever his purchase receipts lead etc. etc. within a day or two. Etc. Etc. IF there are multiple shooters they will find them, if not now then later.

link   
Update from right at the scene:

Our HQ is locked down. Lot's of USMC and Police protecting the building (intel org). They won't even let us go to our cars because Route 295 is shut down. Lot's of helicopters still hovering over us.

link   

matafuchs
Ayman Al-Zawahri called for attacks on the anniversary of 9/11. It would be much easier for the government to link this to Syria than to use it for gun control so think about it...who is the real enemy of the government?

The US citizens apparently.

link   
Aaaaaaand this is probably how they'll convince the public that we need to attack Syria. Many people on ATS suspected an attack of some kind on US interests...

Anything new in regards to the possible Syrian link?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
OMG!!!! Did this happen so that ombama could come on and Yakity Yak?

People are tuning in to find out WHATf he is going to do about the Naval base!

link   

IrishCream

He tried anyways, the local nbc affliate WRC-TV Channel 4 straight cut him off as soon as he said Syria, I almost fell on the floor

link   
What a conundrum for our politicians!

Should they use this incident to start another war in the Middle East?

or

Take away more gun rights for Americans?

Damn! Decisions, decisions. . . .

link   
Nothing on Australia TV channels right now but we will see tomorrow.

everyone is in bed right now.

link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

It's also HQ for JAG and the IG. Just got off the phone with my buddy at Navy IG. He too, like myself, are 'sheltered in place".

link   

beezzer

Indigo5

beezzer
Ok.

Safety before freedom!

Its sad that people will trade there freedom for safety.
edit on 16-9-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

antar
OMG!!!! Did this happen so that ombama could come on and Yakity Yak?

People are tuning in to find out WHATf he is going to do about the Naval base!

He didn't waste any time did he?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join