It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

don't really like the new format, just my vote, I'll live with it if i have to.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

ItDepends

ItDepends

ItDepends

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by ItDepends

After you select the picture/s you press Enter and it should show in the list, then press the cloud only when it shows in the list.

I tried the function again and it loaded the images to 100% but didn't automatically show like it is supposed to, instead it kept the 100% window open, I closed it and it said 'cancelled' and a few non loaded picture icons showed on my images but when clicked on the images appeared, perhaps the function is having a temp blip?
edit on 11-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Hmmm, thank you again. I'm trying no luck, I can't snippet to even show you....but here is what I am seeing not sure if you will see this.....>>Cannot Upload Pics....My View

Very Strange......CANNOT Load Pics while in IE OS, but if I switch to Google Chrome...I've downloaded, but it does not put them into the "FUN" of "Public" folders, on in "Upload"....Chrome seems to work a lot slower than IE...while in IE, I select the pics, but when I hit the "Cloud" nothing at all happens. Strange. Thanks again

ALSO, even when I am in a thread, and I just want to post one of my old pics.....I go to the icon that says insert an image from your library.....and this tiny window opens....but does not show any pics or anything...just a very tiny scroll bar. The only way I can do this is to open a new tab for ATS, go into my profile then pick the 'pic' from my library.....copy the link.....then go back to the other tab of ATS and insert it that way......pretty cumbersome. If there is something you can suggest, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

This is the first time I have tried that icon when compiling a post, it never worked on the old style apart from making a new ATS window and C&P uploaded pictures from there. It doesn't work for me on Chrome either, here's how it looks and the scroll arrows are obsolete.

Yes, that's exactly what i see as well, that exact picture you displayed. For now, I can only download pics using Google Chrome, but in order to post them, I have to go to IE and use ATS there....but I prefer Chrome.

Regarding 'settings' can you clarify, which ones I should be using or checking? Thank you for taking the time to help me out. !!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

SO explained this here.

As mentioned in the instructions on the first page, the images in the "public folder" are available for use in the quick-insert image pop-up on the post/reply page. Move images there, and they'll be available.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

ItDepends
ALSO, even when I am in a thread, and I just want to post one of my old pics.....I go to the icon that says insert an image from your library.....and this tiny window opens....but does not show any pics or anything...just a very tiny scroll bar.

As mentioned in the instructions on the first page, the images in the "public folder" are available for use in the quick-insert image pop-up on the post/reply page. Move images there, and they'll be available.

Thank you! I really did go through your very good and detailed instructions....let me try as you suggest. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yup, just saw that Klassified. Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I just missed it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey mods I'm able to star posts more than once ...

I'm guessing others have brought this to your attention?

~ FTE

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
ever since the new update i'm getting this big gaps between posts when browsing threads.

its making it very difficult to enjoy my time here now as there are these uneven gaps between alot of posts. is this some sort of placeholder for ads to come? or issues with members sigs? or perhaps an option i can change.

here are example.

any help would be appreciated. the new update is fine except for this issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

followtheevidence
Hey mods I'm able to star posts more than once ...

I'm guessing others have brought this to your attention?

~ FTE

it makes it seem like that but refresh the page again.

you will see that star was not added.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
help i cannot read my mail it will not load the page just goes white
using firefox latest model windows 8

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I can't read mine either and was reading it fine with internet explorer before. All I see is print so tiny that you can't see a single letter, never mind a word or sentence.

Can't upload pics and had trouble even when I had downloaded firefox. Found the computer ran a lot faster without the firefox and took it off. So dissapointed in the new site.
I love this place so much and know I won't find a better place than this to hang out.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by geobro

I can't read mine either and was reading it fine with internet explorer before. All I see is print so tiny that you can't see a single letter, never mind a word or sentence.

Can't upload pics and had trouble even when I had downloaded firefox. Found the computer ran a lot faster without the firefox and took it off. So dissapointed in the new site.
I love this place so much and know I won't find a better place than this to hang out.
mine was working ok until i uploaded the old smileys are you the same i cannot even get my mail to load

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Is there a way to enlarge Text without all the other aspects of the page getting larger at the same time? When I have the text at the right size for me there is interference because of things like the toolbar covering up my text......Using the old interface this was not an issue..........thanks

example

edit on 12-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I Never have my computer save login passwords..
So when I visit ATS, the default background is eye blinding white that melt my face off...

I would suggest ATS staff change it to default BLACK.. I would thing that whats people are using anyway

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Here is a suggestion for checking if anyone have replied to you, its the thing I use the most on ATS, would make ATS allot more user friendly

Instead of this......

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

rayuki
ever since the new update i'm getting this big gaps between posts when browsing threads.

What gaps? There's no gaps in the screen shot you posted.

--?--

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

geobro
help i cannot read my mail

There's nothing on ATS that will effect your email app(s).

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Spacespider

Here is a suggestion for checking if anyone have replied to you, its the thing I use the most on ATS, would make ATS allot more user friendly

Instead of this......

i do not have that icon or the facebook or twitter ones

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been asked. But I'm not finding the answers anywhere.

Is there a plan to reintroduce anything that will list the last 12-24 hours of threads posted in order. This was a feature I used daily. What am I missing SO?
edit on 9/12/2013 by Klassified because: No DUH emoticon

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here are the problems I see with the new design:

• Old profile wall comments are gone
  • Friends list / friend thread feed gone
  • Font size much smaller (especially when the viewport is resized less than 1260x624)
  • Bigger "postcontainer" width means text becomes harder to read on larger displays as the content extends further left to right (probably fixed by just increasing font size?)
  • I preferred the old font-family Verdana over the new Trebuchet MS,sans-serif. In general I would stick with the font-family: Helevetica, Arial;

The colors of the background and the fonts are also closer to one another now (#E0D8D0 - #909498 = #FFFDED vs. the old #E8E4E0 - #484848 = #FFFBF6). When you look at websites like Kotaku, TheVerge, io9, or other big news sources. The text differ dramatically from the background colors (e.g. white/black rather than white/gray). The sharp contrast (e.g. white/black) makes it easier to read.

Maybe if I get bored next week and have some spare time. I'll write a GreaseMonkey script to tweak the style sheets to address the above issues.

Minor bugs

• The 'registered field' / 'edited on' time-stamp is messed up: Registered: x30Sun, 15 Apr 2007 23:34:24 -0500pmAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago
  • Personally I think for non-logged in users the "alien" logo over the old "aliens & ufos" label is less informative. Also I don't think it's really important to show the "stars" and the big "flag" icon to readers who aren't registered users. Or maybe just do a tally from the database and present it the same way as in the previous site design: "ATS Members have flagged this thread X times" or for individual posts "reply posted on mm-dd-yyyy @ hh:mm PM by user — stars: x"

edit on x30Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:33:35 -0500amAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

• posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
    link   

SkepticOverlord

geobro
    help i cannot read my mail

There's nothing on ATS that will effect your email app(s).

thanks s.o but i still have no luck i cannot read my mail it will not load it is no big deal to me unless i get a warning the facebook and twitter icons are not showing up but i do not use them anyway plus the 4th icon whatever that red thing is
    my messages were working at change over but i loaded the icons of old up and inserted code by chaotic order anybody else with this problem thanks geo

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join