It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

EarthCitizen07
I cant upload any images to my account.

That's not enough information to know what your problem might be.

What happens when you try?

I did exactly what bigfatfurrytexan just stated.

I click on browse, select image, then upload button.

The computer hangs and nothing gets uploaded. I waited like 5 minutes each time. Maybe the image was too big? I tried like 10 times.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I noticed after I logged in this morning...that the (star) feature on my replies is not working; there is no way to add stars to my replies now; why I do not have a clue.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What browser and OS are you using.

Did the upload form look like this:

Or this?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

3 step process:

you click to select your image
you navigate to the image to select it, then click ok
then click the green arrow

If you don't hit the green arrow after selecting the image, it doesn't do anything. It isn't like the old one where you just located the image and it uploaded from there.

You mean black arrow? Not that it makes much difference....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It is the first one. I use vista operating system with internet explorer latest version.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
It is the first one. I use vista operating system with internet explorer latest version.

In order to enable uploads from mobile devices, the new upload system no longer uses Flash, but HTML5 which your browser does not support.

There should be versions of Chrome that will give you the functionality you need.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

EarthCitizen07

In order to enable uploads from mobile devices, the new upload system no longer uses Flash, but HTML5 which your browser does not support.

There should be versions of Chrome that will give you the functionality you need.

Is there a plugin for IE that would enable me to do uploads without using chrome? I haven't tried chrome so I am a bit apprehensive about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Probably not.

We had to make serious decisions about when, and how much to support modern open web standards. There's a long list of advantages to ATS site performance and user features using the new tech. Many ATS users prefer Chrome, and Google/Chrome has been on the forefront of advancing the open standards.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have not read the entire thread...so it may have already been asked...

Is chat not working yet...or is there something special we have to do to join?

I can't seem to access it at all!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Krakatoa
Item 1: On the "About ATS page (go to to "i" icon next to the light/dark them selector top-right), on my desktop browser (Latest Firefox 23.0.1, Windows 7, Screen Resolution 1366x728), the navigation icon/links on the top right wrap when the horizontal screen size is too small (since the page title on this About page is very long). The top/bottom CSS margins or padding needs tweaking to not overlap the buttons above (see attached pic).

Item 2: Same page as item 1, but when you mouse over an icon in the top row (such as "stats") the wrapped icons "jump". I have an AVI screen capture showing this behavior, but can;t upload it here to my profile to show. Do you have any recommendation to get this video screen cap to you so you can see it, if so please let me know, OK?

Here's an animated GIF I made from the screen shot video capture I made for this issue.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not a major thing, but I went to upload some pictures for a thread, and the uploader claimed that it only supported picture files -- these had the extension "jpeg", which is a standard extension for those files. Renaming them to end "jpg" fixed the problem, but it seems like you could just change the code to accept "jpeg" files, as well as "jpg" (and whatever else you support.)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Probably not.

We had to make serious decisions about when, and how much to support modern open web standards. There's a long list of advantages to ATS site performance and user features using the new tech. Many ATS users prefer Chrome, and Google/Chrome has been on the forefront of advancing the open standards.

Ok thanks. I guess I will give chrome a chance sometime in the future. I am always apprehensive about new stuff lol. In the meantime I guess I will do without uploading stuff. I have uploaded tons of stuff anyway.

I understand what you mean though. Mobile connectivity is important for some/many. I personally dont use my mobile for anything except calling people and its been the same one for many years.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I suddenly don't have an icon for checking private messages...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hello...yes it is me again!

Soooooooo.......the messaging feature is not working today...what's up with that?

Also...why have the (outgoing) and saved messages been erased; I saved most of mine some of the information was important to me; is there some sort of investigation going on; and you all are collecting the data?
edit on 11-9-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm using Firefox and I'm not seeing videos.

Where a poster has posted a video all I get is a big blank space with nothing in it.

Anyone else got this problem?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Test

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

What browser and OS are you using.

Did the upload form look like this:

Or this?

I can not upload pictures
The upload form i get is the first one in your post
And i use
Windows Vista
IE9
Thanks for any help with this

Cran

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Thank you for the test video.

Odd thing is I don't see the video when using my laptop and yet I do see it when using my PC. So I must have something different between the 2 machines, although have to say it wasn't an issue with the old ATS.

I'll do some research.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Odd thing is I don't see the video when using my laptop

that is really strange. I am on a laptop as we speak.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

caladonea

Hello...yes it is me again!

Soooooooo.......the messaging feature is not working today...what's up with that?

Also...why have the (outgoing) and saved messages been erased; I saved most of mine some of the information was important to me; is there some sort of investigation going on; and you all are collecting the data?
edit on 11-9-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

Ditto....doesn't seem to be a Private Message icon anymore either. Guessing there were some glitches that are being worked out?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join