It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Klassified
Is there a plan to reintroduce anything that will list the last 12-24 hours of threads posted in order.

If you're talking about recent posts, it never went away.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

YodHeVauHe
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is there a way to enlarge Text without all the other aspects of the page getting larger at the same time? When I have the text at the right size for me there is interference because of things like the toolbar covering up my text......Using the old interface this was not an issue..........thanks

example

I see that several inquiries that have been posted after mine have been addressed............am I not worthy of a response? Perhaps a concerned and knowledgeable member OR lower level Mod would have the time to answer my question rather than the owner?
edit on 12-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Under profile and posts when I click the link to my post within a thread it takes me to the beginning of the thread not my post.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Night Star
I can't read mine either and was reading it fine with internet explorer before. All I see is print so tiny that you can't see a single letter, never mind a word or sentence.

When you and geobro refer to "mail," are you talking about the private message system on ATS???

I've seen a couple complaints about the text in private messages being too small, but thus far I've not been able to reproduce it, and no one is helping by providing details (including screen shots).

Found the computer ran a lot faster without the firefox and took it off. So dissapointed in the new site.

Have you tried Chrome? For computers running XP, it's light-years better than Firefox.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

abeverage
Under profile and posts when I click the link to my post within a thread it takes me to the beginning of the thread not my post.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

Click the time signature to the right of the thread link. It will take you directly to your post.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

geobro

SkepticOverlord

geobro
help i cannot read my mail

There's nothing on ATS that will effect your email app(s).

thanks s.o but i still have no luck i cannot read my mail it will not load it is no big deal to me unless i get a warning the facebook and twitter icons are not showing up but i do not use them anyway plus the 4th icon whatever that red thing is
my messages were working at change over but i loaded the icons of old up and inserted code by chaotic order anybody else with this problem thanks geo

I havn't been able to read my messages since the site went down last night. I can't upload anything.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

YodHeVauHe
Is there a way to enlarge Text without all the other aspects of the page getting larger at the same time?

Hrm...

Our style declarations that specify type size are using the proportional "em" units, which is the (highly) recommended standard. All type on-screen in ATS is proportionally sized off a standard size that is adjusted up or down for screen size.

On a percentage basis, how much larger do you need to font to be in posts?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

it is working now i did a system clean up and it cured it

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Klassified
Is there a plan to reintroduce anything that will list the last 12-24 hours of threads posted in order.

If you're talking about recent posts, it never went away.

I was thinking of the old "New topic fire hose", which listed 24 hours of threads in the order they posted. But I'll give the recents a try, and see if I can accomplish the same thing in conjunction with the new "Live".

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Night Star

geobro

SkepticOverlord

geobro
help i cannot read my mail

There's nothing on ATS that will effect your email app(s).

thanks s.o but i still have no luck i cannot read my mail it will not load it is no big deal to me unless i get a warning the facebook and twitter icons are not showing up but i do not use them anyway plus the 4th icon whatever that red thing is
my messages were working at change over but i loaded the icons of old up and inserted code by chaotic order anybody else with this problem thanks geo

I havn't been able to read my messages since the site went down last night. I can't upload anything.
i just used advanced system care v6 and it sorted the problem for me

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Under recent posts, the NEW option is the same thing as the old Firehose, but with more information.

NEW TOPICS

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Klassified

Under recent posts, the NEW option is the same thing as the old Firehose, but with more information.

NEW TOPICS

Gotcha. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

YodHeVauHe
Is there a way to enlarge Text without all the other aspects of the page getting larger at the same time?

Hrm...

Our style declarations that specify type size are using the proportional "em" units, which is the (highly) recommended standard. All type on-screen in ATS is proportionally sized off a standard size that is adjusted up or down for screen size.

On a percentage basis, how much larger do you need to font to be in posts?

Thank you for responding...........the top line is from your post and the bottom line represents enlarging the text 6 clicks while holding down "cntrl" and +

I do not have an 'eye' problem, but I spend a lot of time online and I need to make it as 'strain free' as possible.

EDIT.........BTW - the site changes are very beneficial in that respect (all respects actually), and I have no complaints at all. Thanks to you and all the others who contributed your time and energy in making ATS a better place to roam..........

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

Would an ATS-specific type size enlargement option be helpful (that works on only post content), or do you need all text larger?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

Would an ATS-specific type size enlargement option be helpful (that works on only post content), or do you need all text larger?

SOL........only the post content.........the way it was set up in the old interface only the post content got larger ...............thank you

ALSO - I use Firefox.........but I just went to I.E. and its the same.............

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone's already mentioned this,
but, when looking at a member's posts via profile page, clicking on the post link takes me to the top of the page they posted on, not directly to their post.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

skeptic thank you for all your hard work and all the staff you have put in crazy hours lately

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The forum "ATS Sponsored Games and Events" seems to be missing from the forums page, but it's still there behind the scenes:

Is this forum being retired? Say it ain't so! A new game this fall would be fun!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

rayuki
ever since the new update i'm getting this big gaps between posts when browsing threads.

What gaps? There's no gaps in the screen shot you posted.

--?--

are you serious? jesus... i'll ms paint it for you then....

the big red arrows are the gaps. its like this in EVERY thread, its uneven gap between posts. notice the first 2 gaps, then the 3rd which is huge before the next post.

it seems to relate to the height of the persons profile box.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well, I am having a small problem nothing big, just that I can not flag or give stars to members, I click on it and nothing happen.

I know, I know, is not big deal, but I was just wondering if it was just a small temporary glitch.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join