It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

caladonea
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello...yes it is me again!

Soooooooo.......the messaging feature is not working today...what's up with that?

Also...why have the (outgoing) and saved messages been erased; I saved most of mine some of the information was important to me; is there some sort of investigation going on; and you all are collecting the data?
edit on 11-9-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

Ditto....doesn't seem to be a Private Message icon anymore either. Guessing there were some glitches that are being worked out?

For all those wondering about the message system....here is the current state as of right now:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

There's 9/11 tab in my menu bar, is this normal?

edit on 11-9-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Thanks to the mod below my post.
edit on 11-9-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Yes, to commemorate.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
reply to post by bigyin

Odd thing is I don't see the video when using my laptop

that is really strange. I am on a laptop as we speak.

I've figured it out.

My laptop has a thing called google disconect enabled in firefox. Thats whats stopping the youtube vids from displaying.

I've disabled it and all is working again.

My fault, sorry.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Cannot import and load images....after getting to the image portion of my profile.....as stated below...have followed instructions......use "Browse" to find the pic I want to upload, get it, click on 'Cloud' to upload and NOTHING happens. I don't even get the option to load multiple images either. Problem or am I doing somethng wrong? Help! Thank you! (using Microsoft Vista, IE OS)

SkepticOverlord

Image Uploads and Storage

The next significant change is a completely rewritten upload feature:

The new upload tool doesn't utilize Flash, and is compatible with current versions of Android and iOS for image uploads from your mobile devices.
Click the upload button to open the image-selection palette:

In the palette, you can select multiple images to upload several in one batch:

Click the cloud with the up-arrow to upload your selections. The page will refresh after the upload is initiated. Be aware that sometimes, when you upload multiple files, upload large files, or have a slow connection, the image(s) you upload may not be immediately visible.
Once uploaded, you have four folders to group your uploaded images:

The "uploaded" folder is where everything goes when you upload. You can move images to the other folders, and the "public" folder specifies the images available from the quick-select image palette when you create a post.
When you click an image in your uploads:

A pop-up image palette appears with buttons for managing your images.
Use the red circle to delete the image.
Use the arrowed-icons to move your image to one of the other folders.
Use the little-person icon to immediately assign the image as your avatar.
Use the little-square icon to immediately assign the image as your mini-profile background.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

The not able to upload maybe to do with your settings on your browser, as for the multiple uploads, hold Ctrl when choosing pictures from files and it will upload a few, it doesn't give a prompt for multiple uploads, just lists them for uploading.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

The not able to upload maybe to do with your settings on your browser, as for the multiple uploads, hold Ctrl when choosing pictures from files and it will upload a few, it doesn't give a prompt for multiple uploads, just lists them for uploading.

Thank you, but I cannot seem to upload even 'one' pic let alone multiple..? I've been following the instructions...get to the point in my profile to browse for upload...I go and select it, then hit the cloud button and nothing happens....and even at that point...there is only one view that shows only one pic at a time, NOT the multiple 'browse' view in the above tutorial. Thank you

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

After you select the picture/s you press Enter and it should show in the list, then press the cloud only when it shows in the list.

I tried the function again and it loaded the images to 100% but didn't automatically show like it is supposed to, instead it kept the 100% window open, I closed it and it said 'cancelled' and a few non loaded picture icons showed on my images but when clicked on the images appeared, perhaps the function is having a temp blip?
edit on 11-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hey SO, I have a problem with the advertising covering the screen constantly even f I do not hover over it, i'd be wiling to pay a site charge to eliminate all adverts, after 5 years ATS is getting better, not that it was ever crap. good job guys, well done.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues impeding functionality.

If you have questions about the new features and interface, please use the thread covering the new stuff: Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

Thank you!
edit on 10-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

can't read it on my phone anymore because of the new look

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

After you select the picture/s you press Enter and it should show in the list, then press the cloud only when it shows in the list.

I tried the function again and it loaded the images to 100% but didn't automatically show like it is supposed to, instead it kept the 100% window open, I closed it and it said 'cancelled' and a few non loaded picture icons showed on my images but when clicked on the images appeared, perhaps the function is having a temp blip?

Hmmm, thank you again. I'm trying no luck, I can't snippet to even show you....but here is what I am seeing not sure if you will see this.....>>Cannot Upload Pics....My View

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

prevenge
can't read it on my phone anymore because of the new look

That doesn't tell me much. What phone/OS/browser? What are you seeing?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

scubagravy
Hey SO, I have a problem with the advertising covering the screen constantly even f I do not hover over it

I haven't seen an ad like that. Where does it appear and how often?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

ItDepends

theabsolutetruth

Hmmm, thank you again. I'm trying no luck, I can't snippet to even show you....but here is what I am seeing not sure if you will see this.....>>Cannot Upload Pics....My View

Very Strange......CANNOT Load Pics while in IE OS, but if I switch to Google Chrome...I've downloaded, but it does not put them into the "FUN" of "Public" folders, on in "Upload"....Chrome seems to work a lot slower than IE...while in IE, I select the pics, but when I hit the "Cloud" nothing at all happens. Strange. Thanks again

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ItDepends

ItDepends

theabsolutetruth

Very Strange......CANNOT Load Pics while in IE OS, but if I switch to Google Chrome...I've downloaded, but it does not put them into the "FUN" of "Public" folders, on in "Upload"....Chrome seems to work a lot slower than IE...while in IE, I select the pics, but when I hit the "Cloud" nothing at all happens. Strange. Thanks again

ALSO, even when I am in a thread, and I just want to post one of my old pics.....I go to the icon that says insert an image from your library.....and this tiny window opens....but does not show any pics or anything...just a very tiny scroll bar. The only way I can do this is to open a new tab for ATS, go into my profile then pick the 'pic' from my library.....copy the link.....then go back to the other tab of ATS and insert it that way......pretty cumbersome. If there is something you can suggest, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That link just went to my own uploads page, another poster said they can't upload in IE, perhaps it's an IE compatibility issue, have you checked your settings?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

ItDepends

ItDepends

ItDepends

theabsolutetruth

ALSO, even when I am in a thread, and I just want to post one of my old pics.....I go to the icon that says insert an image from your library.....and this tiny window opens....but does not show any pics or anything...just a very tiny scroll bar. The only way I can do this is to open a new tab for ATS, go into my profile then pick the 'pic' from my library.....copy the link.....then go back to the other tab of ATS and insert it that way......pretty cumbersome. If there is something you can suggest, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

This is the first time I have tried that icon when compiling a post, it never worked on the old style apart from making a new ATS window and C&P uploaded pictures from there. It doesn't work for me on Chrome either, here's how it looks and the scroll arrows are obsolete.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When not logged in and on any page when i try to log in from the icon at the bottom of the page it 404's. same with the login icon on the flag bar

edit on 11-9-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ItDepends
ALSO, even when I am in a thread, and I just want to post one of my old pics.....I go to the icon that says insert an image from your library.....and this tiny window opens....but does not show any pics or anything...just a very tiny scroll bar.

As mentioned in the instructions on the first page, the images in the "public folder" are available for use in the quick-insert image pop-up on the post/reply page. Move images there, and they'll be available.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Klassified

I've noticed that some of us lost our silver, and some of us did not. What's up with that SO?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join