It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Just In: Official detects radiation spike on California beach, now at 500% normal levels — ‘Befuddled’ as to why it’s so high, claims there’s no ‘immediate’ health concern — Public’s interest in Fukushima nuclear waste rising (VIDEO)

Energy News
So 500% increase and no health danger, OK.
But then another story put out there today,

Wall St. Journal: Plutonium levels 1,000 times normal on seafloor 50 miles from San Francisco — Expert Appalled: Major nuclear dump offshore is a threat to health — Around 50,000 containers of radioactive waste in globally significant ecosystem Published: January 2nd, 2014 at 1:34 pm ET By ENENews

Sure, it's OK now to tell everyone how safe the industry has been, can't complain about Fukushima if we find out our own dump has been pumping out Plutonium for years, ya OK....
Energy News/ wall street journal
more dump infomation

Thread is about Japan & Fukushima, but the radiation affects the planet. Is it about the industry? Is it about all of us and all on the Earth ?

Just had to add this quote,

[FDA] said that in 1990 it found traces of plutonium in fish samples from the site but at levels well within safety standards

So Plutonium is OK to eat ? Grew up in upstate NY, gov center had a fire and was contaminated with Dioxin, then Governor Rockefeller said he would drink a glass of water from there, just memories. (how did he die?)
edit on 4-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

Rockefeller died on January 26, 1979, at age 70 from a heart attack.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by wishes

Just In: Official detects radiation spike on California beach, now at 500% normal levels — ‘Befuddled’ as to why it’s so high, claims there’s no ‘immediate’ health concern — Public’s interest in Fukushima nuclear waste rising (VIDEO)

Energy News
So 500% increase and no health danger, OK.
But then another story put out there today,

Wall St. Journal: Plutonium levels 1,000 times normal on seafloor 50 miles from San Francisco — Expert Appalled: Major nuclear dump offshore is a threat to health — Around 50,000 containers of radioactive waste in globally significant ecosystem Published: January 2nd, 2014 at 1:34 pm ET By ENENews

Sure, it's OK now to tell everyone how safe the industry has been, can't complain about Fukushima if we find out our own dump has been pumping out Plutonium for years, ya OK....
Energy News/ wall street journal
more dump infomation

Thread is about Japan & Fukushima, but the radiation affects the planet. Is it about the industry? Is it about all of us and all on the Earth ?

Just had to add this quote,

[FDA] said that in 1990 it found traces of plutonium in fish samples from the site but at levels well within safety standards

So Plutonium is OK to eat ? Grew up in upstate NY, gov center had a fire and was contaminated with Dioxin, then Governor Rockefeller said he would drink a glass of water from there, just memories. (how did he die?)

Rockefeller died on January 26, 1979, at age 70 from a heart attack.

I wonder if it all becomes one of their mind games - to confuse us - by now talking about 'other' nuclear dumps/wastes as being the source of a 'spike' so can't blame Fukuhima - but can't blame anyone else either if we don't know what waste/from where/by whom they're talking about... is just some 'other' waste. I know there's thousands(?) millions(?) of barrels of toxic waste in the ocean rusting and leaking away - but I believe the wrath of Fukushima has only just begun in earnest.

The world is nicely numbed and dumbed down to it... not sure what can even be done about it - people en mass protesting at major media locations to provide real news? industry headquarters to provide real information and take responsibility and action? They rely on us being too busy and stupid to really know/see/understand what's going on. Without whistle blowers, people who stand up and speak out, people willing to risk getting a forbidden photo we will be completely locked out of the information loop. Is brilliant (and deadly) strategy on their part - I just hope there really is such a thing as karma

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

I had to look into it.
Wiki

Global fallout of nuclear weapon tests, 2,566,087x1015Bq.[5] 1986 Chernobyl disaster total release of 12,060x1015Bq.[6] 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, the estimated total aerial release of radioactivity is 11,346x1015Bq.[7] Cooling water dumped (leaked) to the sea, TEPCO estimate 4.7x1015Bq、Japanese Nuclear Safety Commission estimate 15x1015Bq[8]、French Nuclear safety committee estimate 27x1015Bq[9] One container (net 400kg) of vitrified high level radioactive waste has an average 4x1015Bq (Max 45x1015Bq). Some countries report the mass and volume of disposed waste and some just tonnage. The US did not report tonnage or volume of 90,543 containers. Subtotal of all volume reported is 982,394m3.

again

One container (net 400kg) of vitrified high level radioactive waste has an average 4x1015Bq (Max 45x1015Bq).

So yes, it's everywhere and has been for years.
Looking at maps you wouldn't think the best fishing sites are also the best dump sites, not that it matters....
need to note data on Wiki page doesn't include the California

This section is missing information about the Farallon Islands nuclear waste dump. Please expand the section to include this information. Further details may exist on the talk page. (August 2013)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Purplechive
Wet Ground Expands When Frozen

www3.nhk.or.jp...

inspectapedia.com...

So just start a whole new bunch of FUBARs....

- Purple Chive

TEPCO officials say they will also study how to remotely locate and repair holes in the reactor containment vessels. The vessels were broken in the nuclear accident.

Plus only three years after the explosion they are now talking about remotely locating and repairing holes in the containment vessels... 'if' they had unlimited experts, people power, equipment and tools, do ya think this might have been addressed oh say, two or more years ago? Beyond criminal what they're being allowed to do (or not do)... such a waste of life (fish, mammals, birds, water, vegetation).

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

I am forced to leave the conversation.
Good luck.

Hopefully you will be able to clear your nation off Fuku,
i wish the rest of the environmental disaster will be mitigated and dealt with for the sake of the rest of the planet.

My views are of a worse reality which is not tolerated so i am humbly leaving the convo.

Good luck all.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by Alekto

I am forced to leave the conversation.
Good luck.

Hopefully you will be able to clear your nation off Fuku,
i wish the rest of the environmental disaster will be mitigated and dealt with for the sake of the rest of the planet.

My views are of a worse reality which is not tolerated so i am humbly leaving the convo.

Good luck all.

For what it's worth my opinion is that your opinions are welcome here and that leaving the conversation should be by your choice, not forced.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
George, we are all furious about the inactivity and deceptions which have gone on and are still ongoing. The Japanese members of ATS should be more furious than most at seeing their country slipping towards a radioactive wasteland, but strangely, they are not and appear to be playing down the destructive aspects of the disaster. You have to ask yourself why that would be.

There is no-one from the international community who wants to insist on getting to grips with this disaster and countries have been overrun using force(Iraq) for less. (a mere hint of weapons of mass destruction)

If this disaster is not a weapon of mass destruction, then what is? Maybe someone should bring a case before the United Nations and pass a few 'resolutions' to get things moving.

Yet, the USA is in bed with Japan and both are feeling good about it all. Who in the international community is going to invade a country with USA as its 'protector'? I know this all seems strange given the history but the US has to have army bases close to China and Russia and Japan is their current bitch.

ATS members like Human are continuing to pop up and will continue to do so to spread their "everything's fine" message. We just have to keep posting whatever we find and they will keep plugging away and collecting their paycheck from the Japanese government. 50 pieces of (radioactive) silver.

Human himself was obviously too abrasive and did not last long in his new-thread incarnation. He was active on the old thread too but less obviously someone who was running a different agenda.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

The Japanese members of ATS should be more furious than most

Can I give a voice to one Japanese person not posting here? Fukushima Diary Reactor3 hoax and Fukushima exploiters Posted by Mochizuki on January 3rd, 2014

Since the end of 2013, the hoax has been going around on the internet to say reactor3 is having meltdown. (It’s molten already.)

But, I think the latest is claiming the fuel pool is melting down...

I immediately denied the rumor on Facebook but haven’t made an official statement on Fukushima Diary itself. From my observation, the mess started from the article of Enenews to say reactor3 was still steaming multiple times in December, which is correct. (It’s not the fault of Enenews.) The “steam” has been observed at least since this July. Since then, it has been observed almost everyday. From the frequency of the “steam”, I assume it is the evaporated coolant water leaking out of primary containment vessel (I don’t think it’s evaporated rainwater retained on the top of PCV because it was observed even if it doesn’t rain for a long time.). We got to see it because Tepco removed the major debris from the top of reactor3. Probably it has been coming up since just after 311. Sure it’s extremely radioactive. Nobody can stand on the top of reactor3, and it’s harmful for west coast. However, it’s been so for these 3 years. I made at least 30 articles related to the “steam”. Here are the posts. They are actually all about the “steam”.

So here we have guy that's moving around the world looking for a safe place to live because if he returns home he goes to jail for saying or repeating just what Tepco itself publishes.
Please, ATS ers if you have an idea or an opinion about Fukushima don't be afraid, never know maybe you can save the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Half the problem is Tepco et al are NOT providing real time accurate reporting so is ripe for rumors and speculation. The other half of the problem is because they are not providing any real time accurate reporting (publicly) is that we really 'don't know what's going on - Unit 3 'could be' steaming for other or new reasons.

Kudos to Fukuhima DIary for its diligence for sure - but he can only report on what he can get a hold of as well - there is probably a wealth of unpublished reports we'll never see about the reality of this mess.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

pheonix358

There is no answer to Fuky, it is what it is, and no amount of money can fix it. Humanity simply does not have the tech or the knowledge.

P

that's why my hopes are going to the ETs to please give us a hand and do something to keep greedy lying bastards from being able to destroy the planet. no one should have that ability. the human model is a failure and we've proven we are incapable of taking care of ourselves without ruining our biosphere. we are failures and hopefully someone more advanced than us will intervene and clean this mess up. the rest of the life on this planet shouldn't suffer from our mistakes. What's #ty though is that most of the world had nothing to do with this technology to begin with so where's the justice in that? answer: there IS no justice and life IS absurd. Someone say "everything happens for a reason" and I will punch you in the mouth

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

wishes

Building nuclear reactors in the first place is stupid.

You do realise that the sole reason you are able to post an opinion on nuclear energy on the internet is, ironically, because of nuclear energy? It powers the servers, switches, domain name servers, routers, modems, The ISP themselves. I could go on.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

wishes

Kudos to Fukuhima DIary for its diligence for sure - but he can only report on what he can get a hold of as well - there is probably a wealth of unpublished reports we'll never see about the reality of this mess.

Why? The man isn't even in Japan any more. He's holed himself up in Germany or somesuch. He's not privy to any better information than you. He'll happily take a PayPal donation from you though.

edit on 5-1-2014 by Alekto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I am thankfull that there are fellow member of your bredth and width. I am also glad that you have managed to pull together a post that includes the message of my own now deleted post.

I wish i could be as gentle as you in expression but i am not as patient when the obvious is overun. My post was concluded to be too provocative and ill mannered.
I guess it was but then again there was reason for it.

Thank god for people like you which complete one another for the best instead of plotting on peoples backs.

Since people like you are around i don t mind my deleted post.

I just wish someone could delete the catastrophy just as easy.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

He's not privy to any better information than you.

Thing is he can read it. We can't even get proper translations of Tepco's information.
Would you say that he should be locked up for his work ?
Do you agree that anyone saying any fact or idea about Fukushima might be arrested ?
Do you think everyone affected by this should have the right to all the information ?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Alekto

wishes

Building nuclear reactors in the first place is stupid.

You do realise that the sole reason you are able to post an opinion on nuclear energy on the internet is, ironically, because of nuclear energy? It powers the servers, switches, domain name servers, routers, modems, The ISP themselves. I could go on.

You do realize not all power comes from nuclear energy? And that Tesla developed completely free and clean energy that has been conveniently locked away for such things like HAARP instead? And that solar, water and wind have no side effects like nuclear? My power comes from hydro, not nuclear.

Is mind-boggling how brainwashed people have become to think nuclear energy to 'boil water' is the 'only' option even when there is ample evidence it is deadly and there are options. As if Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island wasn't 'enough' of a warning shot. Yep, let's keep building these unsafe catastrophes in the making and convince people they 'need' them because there are no alternatives... Even better let's build them in earthquake zones and on fault lines and not have solutions when the inevitable happens....

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo and everyone, in recent months there have certainly been a surprising number of pro-nuclear Japanese persons on this forum, and I haven't noticed any real contribution from them on the clarity front to our ongoing conversations, in fact their overall behavior is consistent with trolling; in the good old days, ATS used to police that.

News today from Dr. Chris Busby, the UK scientist and PhD who has written a number of books about the effects of radioactive waste on human populations from Ukraine to the UK to Ireland. Today he was discussing the Pacific Ocean plume of radioactive isotopes that is now on or near the Pacific Coast of North America. He agreed with various information sources on the radioisotopes which appear to be in that plume, but sees something in addition...radioactive particles, which no one else has started talking about yet. So I asked him, "Do you know what the particles are?" His answer: "I think a plutonium particle." Keep in mind that this comment is from the scientist who has written at least 2 books on the effects of radioactive particles on the population of Wales, most of southern England, and the entire east coast of Ireland, all due to the radwaste being pumped into the Irish Sea 24/7 from Sellafield.

In a perfect world, there would be ocean water testing done that would distinguish plume contents from the vast number of radwaste dumps just off the Pacific Coast. With only volunteers doing this, it may take time but will happen. Perhaps there will also be a successful FOIA request.

Here are the key sentences from Chris Busby's Facebook page today.

Uphill: Which kinds of particles are most likely to be carried in the Pacific Ocean's Fukushima plume to the Western Hemisphere's Pacific Coast?
Chris Busby: I think a plutonium particle.
Uphill: OK, then after reading Chris Busby's books (about the contamination effects from Sellafield), we get some essential examples of what to expect from this Pacific Ocean plume. There WILL be human health effects, and those effects will not be subtle.
edit on 1/5/2014 by Uphill because: Added text.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
bottleslingguy

...that's why my hopes are going to the ETs to please give us a hand and do something to keep greedy lying bastards from being able to destroy the planet. no one should have that ability. the human model is a failure and we've proven we are incapable of taking care of ourselves without ruining our biosphere. we are failures and hopefully someone more advanced than us will intervene and clean this mess up. the rest of the life on this planet shouldn't suffer from our mistakes...
It is so easy to dump the problem at someone else's door and to say we have no power to change things. However, we do have power but we are brainwashed to think otherwise. It only needs each of us to say STOP and to rise up and demand change in a peaceful way.

In case you need hope, here is what the Keshe Foundations say they will be doing this year and in January they say they will be resolving the Fukushima situation. I wonder if this will happen of if we will get to the end of January and nothing will get done.
I truly hope that this will change things as I feel we need a change to our circumstances. Whether it is going to be one we want or one we dont want, it will be good just to have change.

The Keshe Foundation is Back : 2014, The Year of the Change for Humanity?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Here are the key sentences from Chris Busby's Facebook page today. Uphill: Which kinds of particles are most likely to be carried in the Pacific Ocean's Fukushima plume to the Western Hemisphere's Pacific Coast? Chris Busby: I think a plutonium particle. Uphill: OK, then after reading Chris Busby's books (about the contamination effects from Sellafield), we get some essential examples of what to expect from this Pacific Ocean plume. There WILL be human health effects, and those effects will not be subtle.

Hi Uphill - could you elaborate more about the plume and health effects from what you've learned? I know plutonium particles are deadly, but do you have any idea how this plume will affect 'us'?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Greetings all...

edit: saw my earlier question has been debunked. Appreciate the information. Hope all are as well as can be and thank you for the continued information from everyone in this thread.

Peace
edit on 6-1-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
Greetings all...

edit: saw my earlier question has been debunked. Appreciate the information. Hope all are as well as can be and thank you for the continued information from everyone in this thread.

Peace
edit on 6-1-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

HI - if you're referring to your post from November that Human 'responded' to - I wouldn't consider that 'debunked'... would be good to have more info about how the people in Japan really are doing...

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join