It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I know that from where I come from, there are certain websites we are not allowed to visit, so I would think that there are the same for the Japanese. Not sure whether this ATS website may be one of those, but it is probably easy for the Government of any country to track websites being visited and the IP addresses visiting them.

You only need a few doorways out of your country to log everything and tie it back through the ISPs records to individuals. Physically that hardware could all go in one or two rooms. Once you know that information, you just send the bullies in and beat the crap out of anyone who dares to post the real situation. History tells us that Japan is good at that.

We know that Japan does not like their people "fuelling rumours" (haha!) and we also know they have advertised for positions to keep an eye on posters on forums such as this. At this time there is probably a tight lock-down of information and so I fear it may be difficult to get the real situational picture out.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

At this time I really don't think we need "leaked" information from Japan. There has already been enough credible information presented by people like Arnie Gunderson and others to convince any one paying attention that we are very close to the time when all we have left to do is bend over, put our heads between our legs, and kiss out collective tushes goodbye. And we will know when that time comes by the amount of radioactive material polluting the entire northern hemisphere.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

That is true but: There are always other ways like dare I suggest snail mail.

I am sure ATS has a postal address and would love to have snail mail with a small SD card inside to provide the information.

If you ever receive such, copy the SD card and immediately destroy the SD card, paper and envelope, because you have no need to keep them. Fire is good for this.

P

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
English Version of Unit 4 "Bent" Fuel Assembly

And you wonder how in the hell this happened....and in 1982?

photo.tepco.co.jp...

And just like Moch said....no rust...

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

bottleslingguy

pheonix358

There is no answer to Fuky, it is what it is, and no amount of money can fix it. Humanity simply does not have the tech or the knowledge.

P

that's why my hopes are going to the ETs to please give us a hand and do something to keep greedy lying bastards from being able to destroy the planet. no one should have that ability. the human model is a failure and we've proven we are incapable of taking care of ourselves without ruining our biosphere. we are failures and hopefully someone more advanced than us will intervene and clean this mess up. the rest of the life on this planet shouldn't suffer from our mistakes. What's #ty though is that most of the world had nothing to do with this technology to begin with so where's the justice in that? answer: there IS no justice and life IS absurd. Someone say "everything happens for a reason" and I will punch you in the mouth

They're probably thinking that unless we can toss the asshat overlords out we deserve what we get and we're already getting what we haven't got the awareness/balls to do anything about. Your whine-fest is a prime example. It's up to us to fix this and it's time to grow up and start acting like we are in charge of our own shiate. It doesn't matter if "most of the world had nothing to do with this technology", wrong, but it doesn't matter. It's our freaking planet right? We are ALL still responsible. It's personal. It's time we learned how to clean up our room and wipe our own asses. If you're waiting around for some higher being to apply some kind of justice just ask yourself why they'd bother, maybe they want us to grow the hell up first. I for one personally don't want any ET pseudo-parents to come down here and start telling me what to do! Swapping one set of overlords for another isn't going to help us.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Purplechive

photo.tepco.co.jp...

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

yeah i read that, no rust statement and it's interesting because not only does corrosion exist in pure water, it speeds up with increasing temperatures...

metallurgyfordummies.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What do you folks think of this? My apologies if this has already been discussed.

Radioactive Snow? South St. Louis Man Busts Out Geiger Counter, Gets Worrying Results

Before you jump into foot-high snow banks, make a snow angel or catch a flake on your tongue, Michael Janitch has something he wants you to see.
The south St. Louis man has been measuring radioactivity levels on his own in his back yard, and when it snows, he says, levels jump up dramatically.

On December 14, Janitch conducted two ten-minute tests with his Geiger counter and found radioactivity levels between 74.2 and 81.4 counts per minute.

source

I wanted to note this report in relation to another video being discussed out of San Fransico.

CBS reports

Video Sparks Japan Radiation Fears At Bay Area Beach

PACIFICA (CBS SF) – Health officials are investigating radiation levels along the San Mateo County coast after a video surfaced online showing Geiger counter readings five times higher than normal at a Pacifica Beach.

County health officials began investigating the incident on December 28th. They also found higher than typical readings while doing an independent survey, but stressed that they conditions were safe for humans, according to the Half Moon Bay Review.
“It’s not something that we feel is an immediate public health concern…We’re not even close to the point of saying that any of this is from Fukushima,” Dean Peterson, county environmental health director, told the Review.
Peterson reportedly forwarded the matter to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and state Department of Public Health. It was not immediately clear if they would investigate further.

source

And on a totally unrelated matter, anyone have travel tips and destinations they would recommend for a family getaway in the Southern Hemisphere?

Fukushima seems to be escalating to a nuclear war...without the war.

Happy New Year friends and fellows. Keep up the amazing work. And ya...about that getaway...

Peace

edit on 7-1-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: fixed html

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

iv'e gotten readings like that from snow and rain for 2 years now. people think, for some reason, that high readings should be in the air, if things are bad, that's just not the case, they will be seen in a cumulative effect area, such as atmospheric- rain and snow fall, soil and ground water. but open air readings mean nothing, unless something blows, then you will get high open air readings for a bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

My $ .02 on a getaway is Uruguay for many reasons - is very foreigner friendly, has an east coastline (will get Fukuhima radiation 'later'), the leader lives in a most humble home, they have a very open/lax attitude.... I also think (but am not totally sure) that it is inexpensive to live there.... keep me posted and send me an invite when you get there!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Purplechive

photo.tepco.co.jp...

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

Ah yes - and Tepco 'optimistically' 'assumes' the fuel rods inside are 'sound'... Of course they are... (sarcasm)

However, Tepco optimistically assumes the fuel rods inside are sound. They also announced the cracks are not due to 311 or mis-operation of the fuel removal.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Uphill
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo and everyone, in recent months there have certainly been a surprising number of pro-nuclear Japanese persons on this forum, and I haven't noticed any real contribution from them on the clarity front to our ongoing conversations, in fact their overall behavior is consistent with trolling; in the good old days, ATS used to police that.

So essentially, you are suggesting that anyone with a differing viewpoint is trolling?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

happykat39
reply to post by qmantoo

At this time I really don't think we need "leaked" information from Japan. There has already been enough credible information presented by people like Arnie Gunderson

The same Arnie Gunderson that claimed to be a nuclear expert and himself the engineer responsible for two nuclear power stations, when he was actually responsible primarily for filing paperwork?

atomicinsights.com...

"As part of his testimony against SCE on the matter of steam generators and SCE’s restart plan, Mr. Gundersen posted an updated resume – aka CV – dated December 2012. He continues to prominently list “Licensed Reactor Operator, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission License # OP-3014″ at the top of his resume under the heading of Education and Training. As discussed below, the only reactor he was ever licensed to operate was the 100 watt critical assembly at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. That “reactor” was a room temperature, pool type assembly that produced no steam and contained no steam generators. End Update".

He has made many grandiose claimes, including the fuel pool of unit 4 "blew up". The actual source of the explosion was hydrogen from unit 3 that leaked into the unit 4 building through shared piping. I could go on.

But he seems 'credible' to you. I guess that's what's important.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Video Sparks Japan Radiation Fears At Bay Area Beach

Better stay away from Virginia Beach then. And it sells itself as a health spa?
Near-Real-Time Gross Gamma Count Rate Data
www.epa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Alekto

happykat39
reply to post by qmantoo

At this time I really don't think we need "leaked" information from Japan. There has already been enough credible information presented by people like Arnie Gunderson

The same Arnie Gunderson that claimed to be a nuclear expert and himself the engineer responsible for two nuclear power stations, when he was actually responsible primarily for filing paperwork?

atomicinsights.com...

"As part of his testimony against SCE on the matter of steam generators and SCE’s restart plan, Mr. Gundersen posted an updated resume – aka CV – dated December 2012. He continues to prominently list “Licensed Reactor Operator, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission License # OP-3014″ at the top of his resume under the heading of Education and Training. As discussed below, the only reactor he was ever licensed to operate was the 100 watt critical assembly at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. That “reactor” was a room temperature, pool type assembly that produced no steam and contained no steam generators. End Update".

He has made many grandiose claimes, including the fuel pool of unit 4 "blew up". The actual source of the explosion was hydrogen from unit 3 that leaked into the unit 4 building through shared piping. I could go on.

But he seems 'credible' to you. I guess that's what's important.

He's far more credentialed, experienced and educated in all things nuclear than I am - how do your credentials, experience and education hold up for this Fukushima nuclear catastrophe in comparison? Not sure why you post in this forum - if you don't believe there's any problem with Fukushima that's great - however - we do believe there is a HUGE problem as well as a coverup and that's what this forum is about.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Alekto

Uphill
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo and everyone, in recent months there have certainly been a surprising number of pro-nuclear Japanese persons on this forum, and I haven't noticed any real contribution from them on the clarity front to our ongoing conversations, in fact their overall behavior is consistent with trolling; in the good old days, ATS used to police that.

So essentially, you are suggesting that anyone with a differing viewpoint is trolling?

The more important part of that post is "haven't noticed any real contribution from them on the clarity front to our ongoing conversations". Is like someone who doesn't believe in God going into church services to continually interrupt and say "your belief is wrong" over and over and not providing anything substantial other than their opinion. Why bother unless there's another agenda - like trying to disrupt, sway, convert church goers who do believe in what they're doing? And if that's their purpose then yes, they qualify as trolls.

You got proof Fukushima isn't an ELE event and raining down all over me? I'm all ears! Tepco saying so doesn't cut it. Now Japan has silenced reporting - yeah, nothing suspicious there. I'm sure all those (conservative estimates) of millions of gallons of HIGHLY radiated water going into the Pacific are 'good for every living thing' (sarcasm). I'm sure all those hot particles in the air raining down and blowing in the breezes for decades (because it's not stopped) will feel great in another few years when we all come down with some type of cancer (more sarcasm).

Radiation kills, PERIOD. It just takes long so you can't associate the death with it! How many cancers today do you think come from radiation blown up years ago? We don't know - but I'm absolutely positive the government DOES know. They have the records, but they're not for us to know.

Are you against free press? Or just not happy Fukushima is being discussed as if it really might be the huge problem we here believe it is?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Radiation kills, PERIOD. It just takes long so you can't associate the death with it! How many cancers today do you think come from radiation blown up years ago?

And how many people has radiation SAVED from an ugly death, by curing cancers probably caused by all the toxins and poisons we are subject to every day from greedy corporations who just want to make money, the health of the Earth be damned. And there is lots of evidence if you'd care to look for it, that shows that the people who live the longest and healthiest lives are in areas where the natural background radiation is much higher than average. But facts don't matter when your emotions tell you otherwise, the science must be wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by wishes

Radiation kills, PERIOD. It just takes long so you can't associate the death with it! How many cancers today do you think come from radiation blown up years ago?

And how many people has radiation SAVED from an ugly death, by curing cancers probably caused by all the toxins and poisons we are subject to every day from greedy corporations who just want to make money, the health of the Earth be damned. And there is lots of evidence if you'd care to look for it, that shows that the people who live the longest and healthiest lives are in areas where the natural background radiation is much higher than average. But facts don't matter when your emotions tell you otherwise, the science must be wrong.

lol, let me qualify - I'm not referring to natural background radiation, I'm referring to poorly constructed nuclear facilities with toxic 'soups' and hot particles that get unleashed on the environment to cause untold amounts of cancer for future eons. (and I would include nuclear 'testing' in this as well)

I am unaware of any cancers cured by radiation and yes, there are tons of other toxins and poisons around us. The medical profession would have you believe chemo is a cure for cancer, however this is a misnomer. Only a very small percentage of people with cancer 'survive' chemo, I can't recall off the top of my head, is well under 10%. Most people who have chemo still die from cancer, probably even faster. Those that survive chemo (I believe) do so 'in spite' of the chemo. Many internists, including our local one, have admitted personally that chemo is the only treatment they can offer, but that they themselves personally would never use it if they had cancer. Dr. Robert Morse, ND has dozens of videos about this on youtube and explains the chemistry of cancer and chemo very well.

I can agree that having xrays can be life saving assuming people aren't overly radiated in their lifetime. What was unleashed at Fukushima is NOT natural in any way, shape or form. It has no end in sight and my prediction is cancers will skyrocket any year now because of it specifically - cancers are already ridiculously high from the other radiation and pollution - Fukushima is just the big, huge icing on the cake...
Is not emotional on my part (other than being super pieved) - I've done enough research to know the effects of radiation, the degree this is a problem, and that it never had to be. I've done enough cancer research to know chemo is not a cure, it is equivalent to putting battery acid in your blood and damn near kills you in and of itself.

They have totally polluted the middle east with uranium weapons, they have 'allowed' Fukushima to happen by building faulty facilities in the first place on a fault in the second place. We don't "need" nuclear reactors for energy! They are being forced on us... the real question is 'why'? Hmm.....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wertwog
It's our freaking planet right? We are ALL still responsible. It's personal. It's time we learned how to clean up our room and wipe our own asses. If you're waiting around for some higher being to apply some kind of justice just ask yourself why they'd bother, maybe they want us to grow the hell up first. I for one personally don't want any ET pseudo-parents to come down here and start telling me what to do! Swapping one set of overlords for another isn't going to help us.

feel better?

I don't see this as our planet and the only thing we are responsible for is the damage done due to our own behavior. I'm totally on board with that. The thing you missed out on was giving an example of maybe how we can overthrow these people who are running things. One I can think of right off the bat is that everybody can quit participating in culture and pitch a tent out in the woods like tribal people and then maybe the system would fall apart and we could start a new culture and get it right this time.... riiiiight. Should we use different bits and pieces from other countries and form a new global culture that can wipe its own ass? Sure whatever but how do you do that?

I believe we should decentralize all global socio-political-economic systems and break things down smaller and more spread out. We could have cities in the Antarctic, deserts, under the oceans, on the oceans, places people can't live today. The earth could support a much higher global population of humans if we stop using fossil fuels and nukes. So how do we put the oil gods out of business and allow new and exotic forms of non-polluting energy to be exploited? Right now the "powers that blow" suppress all those kinds of innovations and the scientists they support in turn support the status quo, it's a sick cycle and if you have any ideas how we can change that I'm all ears.

The thing about the Ets is that I believe they are actually responsible for our existence and it looks as though throughout history they've given us little nudges of technology; so what's so bad about asking for a little help now that we are facing such dire circumstances? I have a feeling the idea of them creating and domesticating us makes you uncomfortable but that's something you have to learn how to deal with because it's more than likely true. I'm also sure those aren't the only ones visiting but I don't think many of them give two #es about us anyway so there probably isn't anything to worry about as far as them eating us. As far as telling us what to do, I don't mind constructive criticism and a little technology upgrade wouldn't hurt my pride too much. I could really dig having my own ufo.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
From Natural News...

Researchers say mass deaths of sea stars and bald eagles could be related to Fukushima radiation

So here we are now with more and more biological evidence accumulating and very little attention to what may be the source of these problems. Just like with the Gulf-BP oil incident of April 2010 with environmental damage, destructive ecological effects and human health problems still occurring this year, there has been no corporate accountability and lots of government and media coverup.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
Currently, there's an epidemic of starfish dying all along the North American west coast. A couple of research scientists say this is unprecedented. Whole populations get wiped out in 24 hours. Also included are some sea urchins and sea cucumbers.

This huge die-off appears to be from bacterial infections, but what common factor could be hampering their immune systems to allow these infections to be so deadly, so sudden and so widespread? Researchers are beginning to suspect Fukushima's unloading of tons of radioactive water daily for over two years. [1]

Meanwhile, the California sea lion crisis continues as they suffer from seizures, dehydration and starvation. Sick pups are abandoned by their starving mothers. What happened to their food is very possibly related to radioactive contamination down the oceanic food chain. [2]

It's not just sea life
In the northern mountainous areas of the USA where eagles fly and nest, there have been reports of eagles dying mysteriously with paralysis and seizures in much larger numbers than usual. Sorry, but global warming is an unlikely culprit. Radioactivity in air currents from the west (Japan) and/or maybe chemtrails make more sense. [3]

With five dangerous Fukushima developments that are being kept from public awareness by governments, the nuclear power industry and the mainstream media now in full force, things are looking bleak. [4]

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join