It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Piracy? Who cares, its not like its hurting CHina in any way or hurting the US in any way. The movie theatre chain in China isn't complete like the US or Canada where basically every 10 square kilometer you'll find a movie theatre. The city where I used to live in has 1.3 million people yet it only has 2 movie theatres and they don't show good movies. The movie theatre only has one showroom so they could only play one movie at a time unlike the ones in North America where basically every theatre has at least 10 showrooms. So we watch the movies on disc or on TV. Its not like they're gonna earn any movie from the box office earnings because there are only so many theatres and why spend money for the theatre if you can just own the VCD and watch it any time you like for the rest of your life?

Ill let you speculate where your money is going - then maybe you will care

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Actually I believe the money I've spent on DVDs and VCDs all went to the person who sold the disc and the person who made the disc as the market chain goes like this:

Disc Maker gets new movie, makes thousands of copies and sells it to dealers

Dealers sell it to consumers (people like me)

Consumers keep it

So the money's not actually doing much to the government or the American theatre and film production companies.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No doubt China is powerful but it aint the next superpower. Sure their economy is hot but our is going to bounce back. China is improving their military capabilities but at most they could engage in a theater action against Korea or Japan. We will always outclass everybody. We have things flying in New Mexico 100 years beyond what China can muster. Half of their air force is made up of antiqauted MIGs. I think the real threat from China will be their nucleur subs. THey only got one or two right now but they'll definetely build more. THis gives them the capability to strike almost anywhere in the United States. Event if they have just five, they can use that to blackmail us. But i think the US will pull through. China will eventually collapse just like the USSR did. You cant sustain that kind of growth for decades. THe nineties proved that. Eventually things will settle in china and people will realize that they are living in just anoter autocratic country. With a little help from the US the Chinese PEople can topple the COmmunists.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No the us cant invade China. SOme amphibous stuff but no full fledged D-Day. We certainly couldnt use smart bombs. It would be urban house to house fighting. However we could use bunker buster against the Chinese leaders. Would be effective against strategic targerts but no CAS. THe Chinese are everybody else in the world . Nobody wants to fight and die. Peple got kids and jobs. Only the military plus a few million reservists and cops would fight. We could hold up agianst the chinese. NO way they would use WMDs on their own soil. The geurillas would be in the cities. IT would be dirty intense and house to house . We rock.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Benedict, I am pro-USA of course, but I mean make resonable arguments, not arguments that basically, in short, say, "We are the almighty great USA, and all you other countries are suckorz!!!!" I mean, I DO apply that saying in regards to some countries, but I mean fighting China would be a doozy. Also, we Americans are supposed to love freedom and our own freedom, and basically keep to ourselves as much as we need to unless provoked into somewhere else. That is how we've usually been.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This message is for Kenshin. I will start off and say that your comment " China is more significant in history than the United States of America will ever be" quickly caught my attention!

First off I should mention that I am a very proud CANADIAN. I live in the most free nation on the face of the earth. With this privilege and right I can afford to state the following without any detriment to my rights as a Canadian and as a human being, unlike many other countries, like North Korea, Iran, Syria and yes even your significant China.

Yes it is very true that China has been and will continue to be a significant place in our history, but to stupidly say that she has been more significant in history than the United States of America will ever be is a very uneducated statement.

I encourage you to take up a little hobby I like to call reading. In many books you will find many " significant " contributions to history ( granted some good some bad) by the United Sates. I'll even go as far as saying American contributions to history have outweighed that of China.

And perhaps you'll find this interesting Kenshin, America and all her contributions took less than two hundred and thirty years, hows that for significant? Can China claim that? I don't think so.

Like I said it is well documented in many books. Grab a book sometime from your local library you'll be enlightened. It doesn't even need to be from an American author nor published by an American firm, any book in the modern free world will tell you what I am referring to.

The British Empire, now that civilization exceeds significance. She is the only empire to circumnavigate the globe and establish territory on every continent giving birth to many Countries that we see today like CANADA. She gave birth to many things we as people enjoy today, she gave birth to America. I am making a very strong case here Kenshin.

I have three words for you Kenshin: NEW WORLD ORDER. This may be America"s finest contribution and most significant and is why China will not be able to surpass America and all of her endeavours as the worlds only true Super Power.

I will leave you with this little Latin motto. It was introduced to the world in the 1930's on the back of the most circulated piece of paper ( cotton to be exact ) in the world today...... The American one dollar bill.
The motto reads as such " Novus Ordo Seclorum "

[edit on 7-1-2006 by parisbishop]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Don't worry dude, we chinese already have Shenzhou 6 manned spacecraft which is the third country that has this advance technology in the world, even Japan and EU can't make it.

It is the best proof of China's missile and space navigation technology.
www.sinodefence.com...

I really don't understand why should China compare with India?

Originally posted by Hawkssss
"But China is not gonna catch up to the Indians (India) in military tech, let alone the U.S., for a long while."

Since we have such an ill-informed and dumb person once again, I have to educate again.

People, please EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE SPEAKING!!! I AM NOT BRAGGING OR GLOATING; I AM SIMPLY FRUSTRATED BY THE UTTER LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN THE RELEVANT AREA AND I DO KNOW THAT CHINA IS STILL BEHIND US, EUROPE AND RUSSIA IN MANY FIELDS.

Here is a good link to PLA weapons system and please don't even try to say crap until you go through it!
www.sinodefence.com...

1) China does't have AWACS: well you know what, we do. take a look at these photos???? It is reported that China already bought two An50I and one English source reported that China is in the process of fielding our self-make AWACS. This is an interview with the designer with our own indigenous AWACS.
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

2) China is still fielding T-55 while india is fielding advanced british tanks. Like what. Do you have a frigging idea what you are talking about??????? Do these photos look lik T-55 to you? And what advanced british tanks exactly does india have, like the Challenger???? I thought it is fielding Russian T-72s mostly as their top of the line and most of their tanks were as old as some of ours!!!!! And they have scrapped their Arjun tank which was delayed for 10 years!!!!
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...://www.wforum.com/specials/articles/02/757.html

3) India's navy is better. Like what!!!! All it has are the two old carriers that are about to retire. They haven't added any DDGs in the past few years while chinese navy added two new Sovys (with two more due next year and the year after) and 4 054 Aegis-equivalent DDGs, a few 054 Steath frigates, Yuan-Class subs, etc. What has india added besides the 3 steath frigates it bought from russia????????

Our total naval tonnage is on a matter 2 or 3X of that of india and while there sub fleet is only a fraction of ours.

So people, please stop bullshiiiting if you know nothing. Bottom line is we make the majority of our own ships while india almost can't make anything. Its Dehli-Class DDG is at least one generation behind our new DDGs with VLS and Aegis-equivalent air defense system.

I am not even gonna mention the steath fast attack boats, which has been discussed in a different thread.

What has india made?????????

www.wforum.com...
www.sinodefence.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

4) In terms of airforce, both are comparable in technology while we have a huge numerical advantage and we produced huge numbers of planes such as upgraded J7s, J8 etc and the new J-10 is under mass production and is exporting the FC-1 while india doesn't make ANY, ANY aircrafts and their air force is called "flying coffin". Please don't even mention LCA, which has failed a test in Russia just recently and they crashed 3 Mirage 2000 last month along. (yes, I can provide all the source you need on these)

www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.sinodefence.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

We have our own trainer FTC-2000 while indian airforce's training is so bad that they are called the flying coffin and they had to buy some british trainer recently. See again, they can't make crap.
www.wforum.com...

5)In 1962, we beat them so bad that it is still hurting and some indians think they can take Tibet?????? lolololol, they can't even control Kashmir and China still occupies a piece of Kashmir (bet you didn't know that). Do you hear any bombings and things of that nature in China while we have insurgents in Xinjiang (mulism and connected with Al Quada) also?

The PLA has fought against the US-led UN forces successfully in Korea driving them back from the china-korea border back to the 38th parallel where the war stopped till today. (the casualty of China+n. Korea is roughly equal to the casualty of UN forces+S. Korea). We have skirmished with USSR, Vietnam and entirely and thoroughly obliterated the Indians in 1962. Not to mention, we had a huge hand in Vietnam as well.

Who besides the pakistanis and Chinese have the indians fought?

6) here is a link for security ranking by INDIANS, not by chinese.

www.nsrf.com...

7) please don't even compare our armies, missiles/space forces. Entirely two different leagues and please spare me of my typing.

8) Our GDP is more than 2X that of india in gross terms, PPP and on a per capita basis and industrial and manufacturing capabilities is on the scale of several times that of india. Our foreign reserve is aournd $500 bil vs. india's $130 bil.

China is the world's No. 1 steel maker (over 200 million tons in 2003) while India is the 8th with (with only 36 million tons of production in 2003-2004). China is the worlds No. 3 ship maker and I have no idea where india ranks!!!

China's soverign rating or country rating by Standard & Poor's is BBB+, which is investment grade while India's soverign rating is BB+ which is non-investment grade or junk status.

9) China's military budge ($50 bil) is more than 3X that of india ($15 bil) while both countries have similar purchasing power. And most western countries suspect that China spends more than this and india buys disproportinately more weapons from other countries than China by a huge margin.
www.cdi.org...
www.globalissues.org...

10) China doesn't have GPS system

Well you know what, we do... It's called Beidou and completed last year.
www.cctv.com...

11) Bottom line: China is making proportionally more and more indigenously while India is still buying most of its stuff from overseas while we outspend them 3 to 1. This only means India is being left behind by China further and further just like our economies. Our eoconomy grows faster than india's and in a decade, Chinese economy will be about 3X that of India while their population will surpass that of China in the next decade, without any revaluation of our currency which is most likely to happen in the next decade. Do you know what that means?????

PLEASE DON'T TALK IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US!!!!!!!

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

[edit on 18-1-2006 by google_abcd]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
that would be the democratic freedom of speech in play, would it? what do i know? china is going to own the world in 40 years. it is already a superpower oh smug ones. i hope the bombs don't fall and wipe of your grins

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
No the us cant invade China. SOme amphibous stuff but no full fledged D-Day. We certainly couldnt use smart bombs. It would be urban house to house fighting. However we could use bunker buster against the Chinese leaders. Would be effective against strategic targerts but no CAS. THe Chinese are everybody else in the world . Nobody wants to fight and die. Peple got kids and jobs. Only the military plus a few million reservists and cops would fight. We could hold up agianst the chinese. NO way they would use WMDs on their own soil. The geurillas would be in the cities. IT would be dirty intense and house to house . We rock.

Wow benedict, please seriously reread your post. This ain't a game. "bunker buster against the Chinese leaders."? You think they are dumb? The Chinese Communist leaders are very cunning people and I really don't think we can really kill them.

"The Chinese are everybody else int he world. Nobody wants to fight and die. Peple got kids and jobs."
Uh... hello? So are Americans. I think the Chinese would WANT to fight an die if America invaded them. What are Americans gonna die for in this "war"?

"No way they could use WMD in their own soil"
They don't have to... they can aim it at American soil.

Only one word sums out what you said - ridiculous. I am an American myself, but the things you said are really unacceptabe nonsense.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold

"haven't you heard it's a battle of words? , the posterbearer cried, listen son said the man with the gun,there's room for you inside....." - us and them - pink floyd

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What's all this "digging up the hatchet" bit by this google_abcd??
As of now putting a man is space, China does not possess a perceivable advantage over India with respect to space weaponry etc etc..
If it does please 'enlighten' me.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Man, do you have any commen sense?

A manned spacecraft means China has the ability to organize millions of engineers to work on the same big project and an excellent transportation and logistics system all over the country.

A manned spacecraft means China already master the technology of space docking and space walking, and eventually lead to a temporary space lab.

We can also change the track of the spacecraft in the space via remote control which means our missile is possible to defeat NMD system with this technology.

Also, China's spacecraft successfully returned and landed on the planned place. It shows the precision of our missile technology.

OK, it is your turn to tell me what kind of "SPACE WEAPON" does India have now?????? Please show me the evidences and facts, not only words.

Originally posted by Daedalus3
What's all this "digging up the hatchet" bit by this google_abcd??
As of now putting a man is space, China does not possess a perceivable advantage over India with respect to space weaponry etc etc..
If it does please 'enlighten' me.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd
A manned spacecraft means China has the ability to organize millions of engineers to work on the same big project and an excellent transportation and logistics system all over the country.
A manned spacecraft means China already master the technology of space docking and space walking, and eventually lead to a temporary space lab.
We can also change the track of the spacecraft in the space via remote control which means our missile is possible to defeat NMD system with this technology.
Also, China's spacecraft successfully returned and landed on the planned place. It shows the precision of our missile technology.
OK, it is your turn to tell me what kind of "SPACE WEAPON" does India have now?????? Please show me the evidences and facts, not only words.

How the hell does putting electronics on a ballistic missile (here your remote control) make it better?
The whole deal about not being able to track,lock-on and destroy ballistic projectiles is the fact that they can only be detected at launch and at
re-entry(heat signature),and due to the INS they are guided by totally mechanical means..
You put devices on a missile that allow it to be tracked and put electronics on it that make it vulnerable to electronic warfare..go ahead.. seems like you dug out this hatchet and now you've gone and stuck it on your foot!!

Your man in space cannot give you an extra advantage in any military scenario, unless you go ahead and decide to give him a gun(weaponise space). If you do that, you'll just be stirring a hornet's nest.

And as for putting him up there, yes that is a great feat and India cannot hope to do that in the near future(incidently nor does it see the need to do so either), but my point still holds, by putting a man in space, you do not get an 'extra' advantage on terrestrial warfare. Un manned devices do just fine, and India is at par with china in that sphere, if not ahead.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
pfff, none of you can really make judgments on this IMO.

China probably has more nukes then they say so does the US.
And more things like secret stuff (not UFOs but just hiding real capabilites of F-22 and such...)

My diagnosis, Wait, and see

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Un manned devices do just fine, and India is at par with china in that sphere, if not ahead.

Really?
. China has grown a lot in one year

[edit on 20-1-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Really?..
Well maybe I'm unaware of chinese advances in remote orbital devices, satellites et all..
I doubt India's remained stagnant in the last year too!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is the india satellites the film return ones or do they send digital images?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
'film return'??

..oh you mean reentry capsules with photo films..

no..
Digitally beamed i'm sure..

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Show us evidences of any high-tech stuffs or advanced weapons that are researched, developed and made by India, OK?

Any link, picture is fine....

Originally posted by google_abcd

How the hell does putting electronics on a ballistic missile (here your remote control) make it better?
The whole deal about not being able to track,lock-on and destroy ballistic projectiles is the fact that they can only be detected at launch and at
re-entry(heat signature),and due to the INS they are guided by totally mechanical means..
You put devices on a missile that allow it to be tracked and put electronics on it that make it vulnerable to electronic warfare..go ahead.. seems like you dug out this hatchet and now you've gone and stuck it on your foot!!

Your man in space cannot give you an extra advantage in any military scenario, unless you go ahead and decide to give him a gun(weaponise space). If you do that, you'll just be stirring a hornet's nest.

And as for putting him up there, yes that is a great feat and India cannot hope to do that in the near future(incidently nor does it see the need to do so either), but my point still holds, by putting a man in space, you do not get an 'extra' advantage on terrestrial warfare. Un manned devices do just fine, and India is at par with china in that sphere, if not ahead.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by google_abcd]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
China will or already is a superpower and they will have a large war with the US pretty soon and they will crush the US into oblivion.Sorry for those of you who think that the US rules the world.

Yes we do rule the world. And we will be the foremost nation on the face of the planet for well into the next century.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join