It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i beleive china will be taking the USA's place as the most power contry in the nation..after all, china just finished a massive Dam thats is 8 times bigger then the hoover dam..it will supply electricity and water to over 40 million homes..they just finished what they call the "Li Quary destination" that gave them 10 thousands more troops and 50 million clips of ammuntion and thousands of armor, bullet proof vests, weapons and there goverment are getting very organized... and i dont know if most of you know this but.. chinese politcal leaders are having some (whisper) chatting with officals of north korea..After all look at america.. bare with me for a sec hear..america has been so strong over the past 50 years..the empire (army) has expanded very widely..if you look at history ..and look at spain the 1 BC - 100 AD..maybe the biggest empire of all time .. its was taking most hits so they were getting nervous so they hand the empire to a dictator jose monrallas the thirdd..after that they the army collapsed..another example..Germany..big army..started taking some hits here and there..they got nervous and handed it to Adolf Hitler .. after that army broke apart.. Frances army was giganitc...army was takin some hits AGAIN they hand it to a dictator called Napoleaon.. i think the same thing will happen to america and china will be the worlds super power

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Three Gorges Dam in China is amazing. As for them being a superpower, I dont know. Yes they have the manpower, yes they are communist, and yes they have the most dominant center in the NBA. It just seems like if you want to be anyone on this planet, you need to engage in a massive war before you gain power.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
China has been a defensive nation, its empire is based on fair foreign diplomacies, so it would be strong, but not taking the place of USA which like to stick their nose into other's business.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I for one am very nervous about China, and their intentions. Aside from Napolean, I think that Frances army are a bunch of "Cheese eating surrender monkeys". America is the greatest country ever on the faceof the planet. It's not too late to turn onto the right track and remain the strongest forse on the planet, however if the US continues on it's current path..... It will fall within our lifetimes I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
China will or already is a superpower and they will have a large war with the US pretty soon and they will crush the US into oblivion.Sorry for those of you who think that the US rules the world.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
America is the greatest country ever on the faceof the planet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA keep dreaming superdude. China has been far more significant in history than the U.S.A will ever be.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Kenshin]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
China has a huge population, but little oil and natural gas when compared in absolute terms to other countries like Malaysia. In 1995 China used less oil than Japan. What will happen as China develops?

Most probably, they will become more and more powerful because they need to produce and export stuff, in order to buy oil, in order to make food and power the transportation of goods. The economic vicious circle of pointlessness.

A hope would be that they discover non-economic ways to avoid the inefficiency and waste of natural resources. Being a rational form of government, they are superiorly prepared to enforce long-term goals.

A much worse solution would be to start grabbing bits and pieces of south-east asia. Imagine an alliance between China, Russia, India and Brazil (and maybe the USA, Australia, Canada and Europe): a secret treaty to divide zones of influence and assure that no external intervention would challenge.

Has the USA already made the first move in this scenario? Whose will be the next?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutonian
China has been a defensive nation, its empire is based on fair foreign diplomacies, so it would be strong, but not taking the place of USA which like to stick their nose into other's business.

Tell that to the people of Tibet, where does this myth of China as a defensive nation come from?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Tell that to the people of Tibet, where does this myth of China as a defensive nation come from?

It's not myth and Tibet is not a country. It's part of China. Even the dalai lama acknowledges that.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
frnce has a good military. also isnt tibet where the gurhkas come from?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Give America 50 years and it's glorious times will remain in history like Great Britain now. CHina is the next superpower. And about the gas statement, I think CHina is the first or second largest consumer of oil and natural gas in the world. I think but I don't remember the links.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I dont think China will be able to take place like US now has in next 40 years, China will become economic strong country and surely it will have great military power compared to any other country.
The fact is 40 years in future one country having large military wont mean it still has influence over others in way US has now, only nukes keep US safe from other forming counter alliances. In future nukes wont play so big role, at least i hope so. Other thing that is fact world is again arming itself to teeth and i dont believe China will overrun US Capita in 40 years unless US keep hanging itself economic by exhausting wars. I believe Chinas 10% GNP rise will stop in few years due fact markets cant grow fast enough so it could keep same speed.
To question will China be future superpower, i say yes, but it will not have same global influence than US now has, but its just logical conclusion that united 1,3 billion people should have more resources than 300 million, still long way to reach US by capita.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
China doesnt take in the most oil. China uses 6 million barrels a day and USA used 20 million barrels a day.

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahsingjai

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

It's not myth and Tibet is not a country. It's part of China. Even the dalai lama acknowledges that.

Was that the same Dalai Lama thats had to go into exile when his people revolted against China and had thousands and thousands of his people killed.

The same Dalai Lama that claims (and China denies) that, ''overall, 6,000 monasteries have been closed or destroyed and 1.2 million Tibetans have been killed by the Chinese since 1950.''

In 1950 Red China Invades Tibet; Tibetan army destroyed in battle at Chamdo.

In 1959 the Dalai Lama fleed to India. 87,000-100,000 Tibetans die in anti-Chinese revolt.

By 1978 � Visitors find only 8 temples left in TAR, down from 2,700 in 1959

Real defensive they invaded a indepandent people that didnt want to be part of China. And anyone that said anything against them was killed. There has been a systematic effort to wipe out Tibetan religion and culture.

Please Defensive LOL

www.dushkin.com...
www.buddhanet.net...

[edit on 13-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ok, here is what i think:
china will become a super power and it used to be one in history. imagine Rome empire meet China? it's a shame that those two r too far away in physical distance otherwise we would have very interesting stories in history textbook and RTS war games......back to the topic: china also used to be conquered in history but all those who conquered china in history finally get conquered by chinese culture like mongol's khan empire and qing dnasty. this was just a little bit like america today, she receive (not been conquered) people all over the world and has various cultures exists within. it has the best social and political system on earth in history and best military force as well. i think only to catch up with usa on political system and government efficiency will take china 10 years and the develop speed of its military force and technology will gain the same growth speed and its potential can be really seen by people then.
china use to refuse sovirt union's suggestion to build a navy base in 70-80th last century(which makes the political relationship between those two cracked down and even result in military conflict. at that time communist party just startded to build china from ruins of civil war and it dares to refuse such an "offer" by such a super power on earth at that time. what i mean here is, don't use nomal logical thinking to see what they will do coz history always been full filled with suprise. i think we all want to see coporation on energy subject rather than conflicts right? how to deal with this and not to make war get involved depends on how politicians do things when benefits sets traps again on human history........interesting result remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ok, in history tibet is part of chinese empire before the empire cracked down by old political system.
there r people who against china in tibet and people support it in tibet. both of them have their reasons and it looks fair true when u see those "reasons". who knows which is true or which is wrong? i mean the key point is: is the current chinese government doing the right things on tibet? tibet come from slavery social structure into communist social structure. if those lama rule tibert again what tibet people get is the same ole, cruel society and i think part of ht ereason dalai lama hate chinese government is because he can't be the "god" again in tibet.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by taobo33
ok, in history tibet is part of chinese empire before the empire cracked down by old political system.
there r people who against china in tibet and people support it in tibet. both of them have their reasons and it looks fair true when u see those "reasons". who knows which is true or which is wrong? i mean the key point is: is the current chinese government doing the right things on tibet? tibet come from slavery social structure into communist social structure. if those lama rule tibert again what tibet people get is the same ole, cruel society and i think part of ht ereason dalai lama hate chinese government is because he can't be the "god" again in tibet.

I have understand position Dalai Lama has been passed by many generations for ages and the picture ive been given is hes not superior one ruler, if you look any monk monastary you see they mostly work like slave labor but truth is that they produce all the food and need for the monastary, so everyone does their part and the rest of the time is used for own study, by this way those monks have inviduals that have been creating techniques that goes beyong our believes, like person can stop his hearth for certain time, or any other body control that need long time to study yourself and learn to control your body. China has very much destroyed peaceful Buddha culture from Tibet. Such culture might seem harsh but discipline is needed for such acts as they have done, i dont know about rest of the Tibet, but monastarys for my knowledge are just self subtaining communitys that arent so much linked to outside world.
China claims land from some historical border lines, its totally ridicilous. Why none oppose Chinas claims, Tibet and Taiwan are basically Chinese blood relatives and none has reason to sacrifice em self for such, still legal rights for China claim land by some very old border lines is total bull#. Who really own what land areas? If Taiwanese people think they are better on their own they should have right to be so without gun pointed at em, same goes to Tibet but harm already happened and they tryid to protect their area due fact they didnt think em self as part of China, isnt that enough reason for being indepent? i hope Tibet is full of cat gold or some useless resources so Tibetians wont suffer more for fact they been put down by invader.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
China is already a World Power second only to the US. In fact their Middle class probably has a better standard of living than us North Americans. Here is an article to chew over for a bit...

The article is called From cells to bells, 10 things the Chinese do far better than we do and it's comparing China and Canada but alot of the same problems Canada has America does as well.

Here is my favorites

1. Cellphones

By any standard you can think of -- coverage, price, ubiquity -- China's cellphone practices beat ours. You can use them in elevators, subways and parking garages. They work in Tibet, at the Great Wall, in remotest rural China, which is more than you can say for Ontario cottage country. Patients, doctors, nurses and visitors use them in hospitals, too, with no apparent ill effects.

It's a cheap, pay-as-you-go system, with no stupid monthly contracts or credit checks. The phones are so cheap -- even sidewalk cabbage vendors have them -- that China is now the biggest cellphone market in the world. With 300 million in use, each one telling time, wristwatch sales have plummeted.

"We're a nation of thumbs," a young Shanghai woman told me, meaning that Chinese use cellphones like BlackBerries, text-messaging friends 24/7, at 1.6 cents a pop. The Chinese never got used to voicemail or answering machines; installing home phones was equivalent to two years pay in the 1980s, so the country leapfrogged over landline technology right into cellular.

Chinese author Qian Fuchang even plans to transmit a novel -- about an extramarital affair -- via text-messaging, one 70-word chapter at a time.

6. Daily banking

We feel so lucky when a bank branch in Canada opens for a few hours on Saturday mornings. (Notice the long, long lines?) But Chinese banks are now open 9 to 5, seven days a week. Even on New Year's Day and other national holidays, at least some branches will open for business. The ones that are closed post helpful notices directing you to the closest open branch. And, yes, they do have a full network of ATMs.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
China is already a World Power second only to the US. In fact their Middle class probably has a better standard of living than us North Americans. Here is an article to chew over for a bit...

Many country does well, point is that US still has much better earning by capita and power to purchase, so that give much more versality on markets. In China living cost is so much lower that its hard to compare Us with em, cause person who has low income in US , might earn same as middle class Chinese. Chinas only power is by numbers of people that pay taxes to goverment, still its not wealthy country in standars of how many people are in this effect of wealth, but maybe someday that large group of current cheap laborers in future get better conditions while upper class Chinese get wealthy, still i more likely believe they will stay as cheap labor and upper class just get richer like its used to be for many generation on current developed countrys this days.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The fact is that China IS a isolationist and defensive nation. Why the Admiral Zhang He that discovered the Americas BEFORE Columbus didn't colonized them? If the Chinese were aggressive like the Europeans, you Americans would be speaking Chinese!

During the Ming, Han and Tang (and some other) dinasties China was the strongest nation in the whole world but they never fought wars to conquer the weaker. Or war for Oil

The Tibetens were part of China during the Qing. The Dalai Lama acknowledged the Chinese emperor as his lord, but had self-admnistration. One country, two systems, like Scotland and England both being part of the UK but having different laws and systems. Some of the Tibeten claims are downright ludicrous. They claim that China committed genocide and killed 1 million Tibetans, when Tibet only had 1.2 million people in 1949. So where the fu-k are the mass graves? Shouldn't Tibet be an empty wasteland by now if 90% of the population were killed?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by poirot]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join