It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:
Nox

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm glad to see someone either Indian or Chinese fairly admit that China AND India will be superpowers in 40 years.

I think in these discussions of "who will be a super power in the next X years" we often focus too much on China without paying attention to the obvious growth of India.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
The future is not just the next two years you know. The future of China is 40 years later when USA is no longer dominating the world and CHina and India (maybe Russia) dominate.

Well, after the usa falls which might be hundreds of years from now who can tell who will be the dominate power. China has been in second place as far as its economy goes for a couple of years and now everyone is saying china will beat out the usa economically. That is yet to be determined. Others have tried and failed. China needs to gain access to steady supplies of energy which means oil and america has miltary bases surrounding the richest reserves. This means we can control Chinas economy. No industrialized nation has been able to sustain economic growth without cheap reliable energy. why do you think the us spends so much money on defense and has so many bases close to oil reserves. At this time China is not able to take the US on head to head over oil in open combat and will not be able to any time soon.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

The future is not just the next two years you know. The future of China is 40 years later when USA is no longer dominating the world and CHina and India (maybe Russia) dominate.

Well, after the usa falls which might be hundreds of years from now who can tell who will be the dominate power. China has been in second place as far as its economy goes for a couple of years and now everyone is saying china will beat out the usa economically. That is yet to be determined. Others have tried and failed. China needs to gain access to steady supplies of energy which means oil and america has miltary bases surrounding the richest reserves. This means we can control Chinas economy. No industrialized nation has been able to sustain economic growth without cheap reliable energy. why do you think the us spends so much money on defense and has so many bases close to oil reserves. At this time China is not able to take the US on head to head over oil in open combat and will not be able to any time soon.

China is doing much to deny America of its ability to "control" China because look at the 200 billion US dollar deal with Iran to provide liquid natural gas and the oil pipeline to Russia. China is doing what it can. Don't you know that petroleum will run out in twenty years? Thats all the time America will have its "Energy Dominance" over CHina. Fuel cell will be used and to provide the Oxygen and Hydrogen all you need is water and the devide (I forgot its name) that separates water to Oxygen and Hydrogen, the technology of the device is advancing and once its finished its R&D. China will have tons of fuel cells because look at the sea. China's got a big sea shore where fuel can be utilized for a long time without worrying to develope another energy source.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

No, a country in the modern world will never be able to stay as the most powerful nation for hundreds of years. Democratic elections are the cause of that. Countries in the old sixteen and seventeenth century have constitutional monarchies or just simply monarchy's and theocracies. The king/Queen's got all the power in the whole country and it can do what ever it wishes. The King/Queen will not get "voted" off because no body votes for their monarch, they're the monarch because they are the monarch and if you want to change the monarch, most likely, you'll die. Now with democracies, a leader will simply get voted off and a good leader in America can only stay in the chair for eight years and after that, its over. Monarch's got their whole life to do what they want. When its between two idiot going to president, no matter who gets elected, its still an idiot as the president and that idiot will make stupid mistakes and ruin the whole country.

Each nation has its rise and falls. America had the last two hundred years and maybe the next fourty to fifty years but no doubt, it'll not remain as the Top Dog for long after that.

Nox

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe the term COWlan meant to use was "electrolysis".

Separation of hydrogen and oxygen from water using electricity.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Now Cowlan those have to be some of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum. America will only last 50 more years!? Based on what?

And oil running out in 20 years!? That is ONE viewpoint. There is also a good deal of evidence that shows oil will not run out in 20 years, and there is even more evidence that shows that oil in fact may never run out, because it is not created by ancient plants and animals dying the way they originally thought; instead, it may be created from the Earth's core.

Get your facts straight and please stop with this "America-hating" attitude.

China has a looooong way to go yet, and even if they become a superpower in 50 years, which they probably will, that does not mean America will fall.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
And Cowlan I wouldn't refer to America as "the biggest" terror around, either. If you think that, you don't know what a country to truly fear really is.

And what's this with constnatly comparing America to Britain? Britain was an empire that lost its power because its colonies all became independent and broke away, leaving Britain by itself. America HAS NO COLONIES TO BREAK OFF.

America was in huge problems during the start of WWII as well; you can't judge a country's future by its current status.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
I believe the term COWlan meant to use was "electrolysis".

Separation of hydrogen and oxygen from water using electricity.

I'm not too good with Jargons. But thanx for pointing out those Jargons for me and please do so because I really want to learn those words right now.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What's the current status with the Russo-China oil deal?..Last I heard Russia denied china from investing in Yukos, while allowing india to do so..India also planning on constructing NG pipeline from Iran via Pakistan..
Also an IAF base in Tajikistan is meant to be a power projection move(ready by '05)...
things heating up in oil country!!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The fact that Russia sees China as a direct threat and we have a huge border and very different demographics means that Russian and China will always keep an wary eye on each other. Because both view each other as contenders of power in the region and beyond, while India is not a contender at all, at least not now.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
well this is my idea i like it very2 much if china became a new super power at least for start from a next year,yesss why not,what i hate most is this why should i and all of malaysian student of my country learn about whois abraham lincoln,thomas jeferson,george washington,and more of the american all legend why must us learn all that stupid idiot think and disguisting.together with all the british or England about the queen or crown or what so ever crazy thing all that.it better we in all asia learn about ASIA?e,g
whois is the great general of CHINA,JAPAN,THAILAND,AND ALL FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM ALL ASIA together with all ASIA LEGEND THAT I MOST PROUD OF
rather then to get what the propaganda of the western BullunderHeads
want people of ASIA to put inside of our head

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You mean you people in Asian countries have to learn all about U.S. history??

Hmmm.....well, we hear in the U.S. have to learn Chinese and Japanese and Asian history, it was covered throughout high school, but then we also learn a good deal on the history of the United States. I would think in Asian countries, you leanr all about the history of the different countries of the world too, just the biggest portion about your own country.

When I was in high school, we covered Russian history, Japanese, Chinese, French, British, Italian, Roman, Greek, African, South American, Central American, and of course United States.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is a known fact that Americans have the least knowledge about the rest of world. This is a universally known fact and we can stop at that

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Actually, no I wouldn't, because I wouldn't consider it true. If you hear some of the stuff some Europeans say in reference to the United States, you find mny fo them really know nothing at all about the U.S. Same with Asians.

The reason everyone around the world knows the U.S. president is because the U.S. is so polically involved; EVERYONE knows the President of the U.S., but not everyone knows the President of France, and other countries, etc...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Russia is not wary of china bu the reverse is true...China was even suspected to be preparing to use nukes premptively on Russian troops in case of a war..Now thats a DEFINITE sign of an inferiorty complex.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Hawksss

It is a known fact that Americans have the least knowledge about the rest of world. This is a universally known fact and we can stop at that

Its the same reason why you are speaking english and i am not learning chinese. English speaking countries and their European neighbours have generated the vast majority of culture on the planet - Fact

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Vanguard]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Russia is not wary of china bu the reverse is true...China was even suspected to be preparing to use nukes premptively on Russian troops in case of a war..Now thats a DEFINITE sign of an inferiorty complex.

You got that from the war thing fourty years ago right? Russia was the reason why China created the group army, that time one group army was designed to fight one Soviet mobile armored division, now a group army can fight many times of that because a group army has around 150000 soldiers with modern equipment and tanks, APCs and artillery.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You see my friend,INDIA is wary of CHINA,while CHINA does not think of INDIA as a threat.Speak for yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'd think they are all wary of each other.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

You see my friend,INDIA is wary of CHINA,while CHINA does not think of INDIA as a threat.Speak for yourself.

What does that have to do with your quote??

And I suppose China is not wary of Japan also?

And answering COWlan, yes that was from 30 yrs ago..are you saying that chinese nuke policy towards invading armies has changed...?

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Daedalus3]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join