It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I was thinking more likely that the supposed f22 and the 2 ballistic missiles were the same event reported differently. 2 missiles shot down, but the arabic media spun the objects as an American plane and 4 cruise missiles rather than 2 ballistic missiles of unknown origin.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The first reports of that surfaced a couple of days ago. And those reports still haven't verified. This is something new. And Reuters is picking it up:

Russia says ballistic 'objects' fired in Mediterranean
www.reuters.com...

edit on 9/3/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is now being reported that the two missiles fell into the sea.

The objects detected by Russian radar fell into sea, according to Russian news agency RIA, while ITAR-TASS, another agency, quoted a source in the Syrian capital Damascus as saying there were no explosions.

SOURCE

Stranger and Stranger! lol

Is someone playing games? I reckon so. But who with????

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Ah.. okay. I didn't see the reports of the f22 until this morning.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hmm ok so current speculation is that the US is test firing some missiles.

Seriously, what the $@#* are they thinking? Do these mongrels REALLY want to start a huge disgusting war?

You know I hear so many people on here talk about how the US elites really want a world war blah blah...

I always palm and brush it off. But its moments for like right now that I suddenly realize hang on.. maybe they really do want to start some massive catastrophic conflict.

Button pushing monkeys.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I was thinking more likely that the supposed f22 and the 2 ballistic missiles were the same event reported differently. 2 missiles shot down, but the arabic media spun the objects as an American plane and 4 cruise missiles rather than 2 ballistic missiles of unknown origin.

I suppose that is possible,

Like i said although it seems like these have went down in the sea we still have to know who launched them, why and from where and more importantly what the hell the actually where because so far even the term "missile" is unconfirmed.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think this is Israel. They didn't see it on radar? Yeaaah riight.
They lob missiles at Syria whenever they get the urge. They were probably checking their defense or worse trying to provoke them into response. If Syria responded, but the missiles weren't an actual strike then Israel could do whatever they wanted to response and Israel would be giving Obama what he wants - a reason to skip the vote.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Hmm ok so current speculation is that the US is test firing some missiles.

According to CBS the Americans have confirmed it wasn't one of theirs and with tensions as high as they are i doubt they would take that chance.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

According to that, the latest comment:

10.42am BST 'Objects' fell into sea Phew... The "objects" detected by Russian radar fell into the sea, according to the latest update from the RIA news agency.

Not seeing it yet on the RT page yet, but I wouldn't doubt it.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

If those objects rise up from beneath the sea, then the ET hypothesis might be accurate.

It would make sense, considering reports from previous decades that ET is supposedly interested in us not wiping each other out...with the potential this Syria mess has for escalating into a serious, global war of epic proportions, perhaps 'ET' is getting in on the anti-war' wagon.

Not that i believe that is so, but it's possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Wookiep

According to that, the latest comment:

10.42am BST 'Objects' fell into sea Phew... The "objects" detected by Russian radar fell into the sea, according to the latest update from the RIA news agency.

Not seeing it yet on the RT page yet, but I wouldn't doubt it.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

If those objects rise up from beneath the sea, then the ET hypothesis might be accurate.

It would make sense, considering reports from previous decades that ET is supposedly interested in us not wiping each other out...with the potential this Syria mess has for escalating into a serious, global war of epic proportions, perhaps 'ET' is getting in on the anti-war' wagon.

Not that i believe that is so, but it's possible.

ET? As in E..T? did you misread the text you quoted or am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah your the second person to float the ET possibility

at the very least just now we can actually say it was two UFO's after all it was two unidentified flying objects technically that were detected.

Was it ET....

I am not convinced until i see some evidence of that.

Right now i am think either its a accidental launch or its a false alarm

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah your the second person to float the ET possibility

at the very least just now we can actually say it was two UFO's after all it was two unidentified flying objects technically that were detected.

Was it ET....

I am not convinced until i see some evidence of that.

Right now i am think either its a accidental launch or its a false alarm

Yep, me too.

Just playing Devil's advocate.

@fiftyfifty...yeah, i quoted the text because 'UFO's' have often been reported seen entering and exiting seas and large water sources, so that's the reason i quoted 'objects falling into the sea'.

(if we see those two objects 'falling out of the sea', it would be a strange thing for a conventional missile to do)

edit on 3-9-2013 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Even so, an accidental launch? That's really hard to believe...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Double post please delete.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Who has scud missiles in the area?
(Any American missile wouldn't land in water, to expensive and they are highly accurate)
...makes you wonder...

Hmmmm.....

edit on 3-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Israeli's more than likely.. either trying to provoke a trigger happy soldier in Syria or the US testing their missiles also hoping for a response.

interesting but... think how close we just came to some itchy, scared and nervous corporal manning an anti ship missile from pressing the button..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

No scuds coming from the middle of the sea. Israel or USA (Israel).

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Israeli's more than likely.. either trying to provoke a trigger happy soldier in Syria or the US testing their missiles also hoping for a response.

My thoughts exacty.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Who has scud missiles in the area?

...makes you wonder...

Hmmmm.....

The reports are the 'radar traces' were seen coming from the sea, heading towards the coast.

Whatever they are / were, they came from either a sub, or a vessel in or above the water...IOW, they weren't launched from land.

Probably rules out your scud theory.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

(I misread at first, didn't realize they were fired from in the Mediterranean....yikes)

I wonder if Iran is out in the water.

Scuds are to big for boats....mini scuds...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join