It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Folks are keeping in mind that, as another post said, tensions are extremely high and everyone is wired tight as a drum right now? False radar returns and tracks have nearly started wars for a lot less than this was, and turned out being a lot more than this has been.

Sounds to me like some Russians chased a gremlin which vanished on them. Anything more? Proof is what I need to believe something existed at all. If they/it went down in the water, the Russians should know precisely where, as we would and they have subs in the Med right now, just like we do. If anything ever existed, it'll be found quickly enough, I'd think.

I'm betting nothing is found as nothing more than raw nerves existed. Nothing else makes sense in an 'all or nothing' thing like this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
@AlArabiya_Eng tweeted:

#BreakingNews: US ship may have fired rockets for weather reconnaissance: Russian source. #Syria #Russia
5 mins ago from twitter.com by partner

If true, that's extremely irresponsible and provocative given the situation in the region.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Israel tests apparently ...also good way of showing that Russia is still in the game

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Weather recon? That's a bit of a stretch isn't it?
I mean, they have weather radar and realtime satellite data up the wazoo, but need to launch rockets to collect weather data? Sounds like the feeblest excuse ever to me!

More like, let's make a launch and abort, see if anyone notices.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So Russia's Radar works better than Americas or America did detect and kept quiet?

Edit : Wait, the other thread said = Israel says carried out joint missile test with U.S. in the Mediterranean
edit on 3-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

My God man are you listening to yourself...?when weapons of mass destruction fly...it is never a accident...period.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Waiting for the world's orchestra to complete their symphony of sorrow for these events in planning are the precursor to a timeline aligned with pending cosmic passages signaled to the world leaderships. Take Heed of Warning for the time of rumour is almost done.

Count your Blessings brothers and sisters and seek them further.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here is the rt link for the Israel claim of joint missile tests with the US.

rt.com...

Now that is scary....

Israel flexing now with the US.

ballistic missiles though....

Ummm...that is not good.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Maybe they where having a pissing contest, see who's missile got the furthest.

link   
Breaking on SKY news that israel announced it was a joint Israel/US missile test.

link   
edit: deleted redundant info
edit on 9/3/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The BBC is reporting that these were ARROW anti-ballistic missiles, a highly-advanced Israeli system designed in co-operation with the US, to destroy ballistic missiles fired at Israel above the stratosphere to prevent the debris raining down as it did with the SCUD/Patriot intercepts in the first Gulf War. What's weird is that they're also reporting they were aimed at an 'anchored' target out at sea, which seems a strange thing to do with such an advanced missile that doesn't seem intended for surface-to-surface attacks, although it would explain why radar detected it as a ballistic missile. Anyone got any ideas?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
US said they are not theirs, UK said it is aware of them, France said it is unaware of them. Only Russia reports them on the radar. Perhaps the missiles are Russian, and that is a part of the drill of missile forces ongoing in Russia (land based).

If so, this is the most powerful message yet delivered by Russia in the Syrian crisis.

Or, does Israel try to break up the status quo proclaiming itself as a superpower in the midst of Mediterranean and in the midst of crisis? Frankly I don't believe it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Israel said it carried out a test of a missile, used as a target in a US funded anti-missile system, in the Mediterranean on Tuesday.

The Israeli Defence Ministry said the test was conducted at 9:15 a.m. (0615 GMT), about the same time that Russia's state-run RIA news agency reported that Russian radar had detected the launch of two ballistic "objects" in the Mediterranean.

Early Reuters tweeted that the test involved the "anchor" anti-missile system.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

Russia said "ballistic missiles" on early warning radar. I.e. those that can hit Russia.

Now Israel says something else. Well, seems we have another power not recognized as ballistic yet. I hate to say it but they pour oil on the fire with that test.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

Why do people repeat the same outcome ..5 posts saying the same thing !! does anyone read reply's ...from what ive seen here no!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

Boom. I called it off the bat.

Can you give the source. I had a feeling it was Israel. They would be the ones to do something stupid and risky like this. They also wouldnt care if it was a successful provocation it would only get us in the war faster and they'd be fine with that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Because they were all posted within 2 minutes of each other.

Everyone was probably typing out the same information at the same time.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I see nothing in this thread prior to my post about the specific type of missile, or the anchored target. I wasn't merely repeating the fact that it was an Israeli test as if that was news to everyone else, I was asking if anyone knew more as to why an advanced ANTI-BALLISTIC missile would be fired in surface-to-surface configuration so as to hit an anchored target, in a way that it showed up as ballistic, and not guided, on radar.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
didn't mean to offend ...its all over the news now so..ive switched to that ..thanks for the heads up though

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join