It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

news.sky.com

Russian radar has detected two ballistic "objects" fired towards the eastern Mediterranean from the central part of the sea, the country's defence ministry has reportedly said.

Interfax news agency quoted a ministry spokesman as saying the launch was detected at 10.16 am Moscow time (7.16am UK time) by an early warning radar station at Armavir, near the Black Sea, which is designed to detect missiles from Europe and Iran.

The agencies did not say who had carried out the launch and whether any impact had been detected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well this sounds kind scary

I will post more as more information becomes available

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I can't imagine what happened there. Maybe someone on an US ship got nervous and pressed the wrong button?
Unlikely,...
Maybe Turkey? I don't know
France said they are ready for an airstrike until wednesday... maybe France?

Who knows, maybe the Russian stations went crazy?

But it is scarry after all, this just shows how unstable this region is
edit on 3-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Most likely US warships in the Mediterranean test firing missiles for the upcoming big show. Can't afford a wardrobe malfunction when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There was also a report (poorly translated) that Syria shot down a jet and 4 cruise missiles. It came out around the same time so my guess would be that both reports are based on this one event and the arabic news stations exaggerated for propaganda purposes.

If I had to guess, and it actually was a launch (there was an update saying no explosion in damascus), my guess would be Israel testing out Syria. Israel has launched on them a few times already. Also Israel has been curiously quiet. So that's where my vote goes, if this really happened.

A few people are discussing it in another thread, and have some updates, but it wasn't posted in breaking so it's cool. Might want to check there though and add any info they have extra to your own thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I can't imagine what happened there. Maybe someone on an US ship got nervous and pressed the wrong button?

Actually this could be possible tensions are very high.

According to one news line i just heard, the Israeli's have said they did not launch anything and they have not detected anything and the Russians have said it looks like these "objects" have fell into the sea.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There was also a report (poorly translated) that Syria shot down a jet and 4 cruise missiles. It came out around the same time so my guess would be that both reports are based on this one event and the arabic news stations exaggerated for propaganda purposes.

Very true I heard about that as well and while i dont dismiss it has a possibility (Syria shoot down F-22, America launch ballistic missiles) I would like to see some more sources regarding the F-22 shoot down.

still things look very interesting this morning.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The Syrian embassy in Moscow currently has no information on the incident. There were no rocket attack signals or blasts in Damascus, the Russian embassy in Syria noted. The Israeli military apparently have no data on the launch either

rt.com...

Aliens?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
Unlikely,...

Wasn't expecting this for a few days now...Although from the article it doesn't sound like it was Damascus

However the Russian embassy in Syria said there was no sign of a missile attack or of explosions in Damascus, and the Israeli military said it was "not aware" of any missile launch in the Eastern Mediterranean.

edit on 3-9-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alomaha

The Syrian embassy in Moscow currently has no information on the incident. There were no rocket attack signals or blasts in Damascus, the Russian embassy in Syria noted. The Israeli military apparently have no data on the launch either

rt.com...

Aliens?

hey at this point anything is possible,

I am going to stick with some kind of Ballistic missile though for now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Live feed form the Guardian

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I did not read the articles in this thread, just some in German.

So it was most likely just a test.... we will see.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
Unlikely,...

Not really, It shows how unstable the people who are firing missiles are.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

According to that, the latest comment:

10.42am BST 'Objects' fell into sea Phew... The "objects" detected by Russian radar fell into the sea, according to the latest update from the RIA news agency.

Not seeing it yet on the RT page yet, but I wouldn't doubt it.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well lets hope that this is true

but it still leaves open the questions.

What were these "objects", where did the come from, and who do they belong to?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Update from RT page:

No American ships or planes stationed in the Mediterranean have launched any missiles, US officials told CBS News.

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

it does seems kinda odd they are going so lightly over this event, at this point it could have sparked an all out war. You would think there would be more news coming from this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Update from RT page:

No American ships or planes stationed in the Mediterranean have launched any missiles, US officials told CBS News.

rt.com...

So it wasn't the Americans, it wasn't the Israeli's and it probably wasn't the British

What about the French or dare i say it, Iran, I only mention it because i know that Russia keep a eye on Iranian missile launches

or could it be that this is a false alarm?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well this sounds kind scary

I will post more as more information becomes available

Ok, not much gives me chills with all this bolstering and whatnot.

But yeah thats kinda creepy. I don't think anything will come from it but oi... what the bloody hell

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

it does seems kinda odd they are going so lightly over this event, at this point it could have sparked an all out war. You would think there would be more news coming from this.

So true it could have turned very messy

Thank god DEAD HAND has been turned off for a while now

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join