It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

will take a little time to get use to.. seems cleaner to look at.. Would it not have been simpler to make an app for phones.. guess its a bit late for that now...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Looks better but still off..

Don't seem right.. I can't put my finger on it.

Just noticed the BB code in sigs down work.. Look below.
edit on 8/31/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The only thing I have a problem with is that there is no "top" button at the end of each page, and having to scroll back to the top.

Lazy American here!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

New Topic Firehose??? I can't find it. I can't live without it.

ETA: somehow the html code in my signature went wonky. I just noticed after I posted. Hence the edit.

edit on 8/31/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Still for some reason can't actually upload new picture files under the new system. Still works on the older system though.

Is this part still not available under 5.3?

Just testing uploads already done from the old version.

Is there any further updates to adobe flash needed to run on 53?

Other than that all good. Smilies will take some getting used to (different colours maybe?) but other than that liking the new setup.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Just press either home or end on your keyboard. Does the same thing.

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don't belong to any other forums so I can't really offer an opinion as to how you fare against competition but as far as I'm concerned:

I really love everything I've seen so far. Especially the font and the floating toolbar thingy (please excuse the precise technical jargon).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Here is a perfect example of why the new smilies suck...

It looks like a hand flicking a coin or something but it's two separate smilies next to each other.

EDIT: wait it is a single smiley? What's it supposed to be?

EDIT: Ok after looking at the other smilies I see what it's supposed to be... kind of confusing.
edit on 31/8/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

It's Korean for "Why can't I log into the new interface when I was able to last time, this time it's throwing me back out with an error, telling me I'm not authorised and that the password needs checking. It's rather confusing as it worked previously, and now I want to check what's going on but I can't and it seems that others are, so it's either me, my browser, or my password. I might try logging in with the original credentials, but I'm not giving that much hope."

A bit like the
emoticon from the old system.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

purplemer

will take a little time to get use to.. seems cleaner to look at.. Would it not have been simpler to make an app for phones.. guess its a bit late for that now...

This is the app for phones, right? Still hoping there will be one for computers too. Maybe an option to use the older version?

Progress, I suppose. It kind of goes along with Windows 8, GMO foods, and microwave meals. This will take some getting used to.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Overlords of ATS:

This is a pleasant surprise.
Congratulations, for it is now very well done.

Earlier I could not wait to escape, but the way it is now I want to change right back after landing on the old version.
The old version is now history for me.

First I could not figure out what the ominous looking gray ribbon was next to my posts, but I see it simply marks the posts and threads where I contributed.
Very useful actually.

I also did not like the archive, because I search by key-words, but then I realized there is still a keyword search under the green magnifying glass.

So, it is all there.

Haw-haw, I can go straight to YouTube or Facebook!
One day the young ones must know how we wasted good ligaments in our fingers and gnashed our teeth by having to go into Facebook and YouTube with a new search every time we wanted to search or copy something.
And then usually searching again for ATS and the relevant post.
Yes, every post with clips was made like that.
Now they can just click on an icon in the upper right-hand corner!
Their fingers will never be tough, like ostrich feet.
Those little punks will not know how good they have it in comparison.

Three cheers to ATS.

edit on 31-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Hey S.O. I gotta say, at first i wasnt too pleased, but the layout has grown on me pretty quick and I am liking it so far.

The only thing i am not a big fan of is the "New" page.

I really like how much information is is available in such a small space. Not only the amount of threads listed in a page and a half, but how they are organized by Real time, New Picks, and New Hot.

Its like a one stop shop for most of what i am looking for on ATS. The New Picks for the threads that the community has really gotten behind recently, the New Hot section for threads that people are actively posting in (this is my favorite section to lurk in) And the fresh off the presses Real Time section for the new post as the come, occasionally bringing breaking news and topics to my attention as its happening.

The reason i like this page is because everything i love about ATS is right there, on one page, at my fingertips. It auto refreshes so i can keep an eye on it while im at work on my second computer. Normally when im ready for some hardcore ATSing i will middle click any and all threads that catch my fancy to open them in new tabs and then work my way through them one by one, lurking, learning, and commenting as each thread allows.

I understand that ATS wasnt made for me, and if the decision is made to do away with that page and not do something similar, i will understand and i will continue to spend more time than i should here. I havnt noticed anything outside of the live.php page that turns me off and everything i have played with seems to be working flawlessly. I even like the smileys! They have a retro feel to them that i like.

Just wanted to drop my thoughts in the bucket so no one can tell me i missed my chance.

DC

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Akragon

Still no ribbon?

I can't function without the ribbon!

So far I like it. Had no trouble logging in.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Akragon

Still no ribbon?

I can't function without the ribbon!

So far I like it. Had no trouble logging in.

Like the boss said... everything you need is in the drop down menu...

I think im just bitter....

I need a hug

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just testing... in 3, 2, 1...

Notice what is on his cell phone! LOL

Thanks Templar.

edit on 8/31/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
And new members will have nothing but give praise because it looks awesome and won't know how the older site looked like!!!!

In saying that, there's no going back, so make the best of it
yes improvements are to be made, but that is a given with any upgrades!

Congratulations ATS

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think it's just your own posts that don't have that option.

I can see the icon to star your post.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I found my pictures that I have uploaded into my library, but how do I add more? I see no way to do this.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
One more thing...

I don't see all my threads listed that I have authored. I was just going to look for it to link on a page, and it wasn't there. ???????

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Agreed - the problem is - when there's so much crammed into one space and all that free space - my eyes (and anal retentive proclivities) both go nutty.

Can you imagine some of the long winded paragraphs with no breaks stuffed into that area? EEEK!

Beyond that - it's a great look - a bit Fischer Price (sorry staff) but that isn't such a bad thing I guess. It's my opinion the 'old look' was more professional - but that's not a strike against the new one.

peace

edit on 31-8-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Went to bed last night thinking it will all be ok in the morning...
Tried the 'upgraded ats' a minute ago on my phone and it still doesn't work properly. All links are little squares. I don't even know what i'm clicking on...This is frustrating.
It works fine on the laptop but I always use my phone.

This is like my missus coming home with a horrible new hair-do and i've got to pretend I like it...

I can handle getting used to it but it just will not work properly on my mobile.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join