It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The 2 GREATEST things about this new design:

- Mobile ATS!!! Works flawlessly. Finally I don't need to hold on to that ATS mobile bookmark that almost never updated.

- Darker color scheme instead of the white/gray one from earlier. I'm loving it.

Some of the nuances from the previous design still remian, i.e not being able to highlight text and have the BBcode inserted around highlighted text, I still have to copy and paste the text into the BBcode box or type it manually, but hey if I disliked that so much I would have left ATS ages ago. Keep up the good work, Skeptic and Springer

ETA: Just noticed a wrapping issue with the avatar. Maybe it's just me, can't tell for sure. So yeah, this is great for traffic, since one of the things I hated most was not being able to view ATS so simplistically on my smartphone. All you guys need is an Android app and you'll be ready for the next generation.
edit on 31-8-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Akragon
Still no ribbon?

Everything you need is in the drop-down menu of the persistent top-menu.

Where exactly do I find my replies?

On the old version I could go to "messages/replies" and I would have a list of people who clicked reply to...

Where do I find that now?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by dustytoad

Ye can't give yourself stars...

they only appear on other peoples posts

No no.. I mean one post has a blank star and the ones I have now edited do not have this anymore.. I'm looking at it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I don't like the location of the logout button between the MY ATS button and the drop down menu button. It makes it too easy to accidentally log out while I'm browsing.

It should be at the far right like before. Also, like most everyone else, I'm not a fan of the new smileys. Would it be so hard to keep the old ones?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's pretty, I'll give you that. Looks like it's in large print for the elderly. I liked the old smileys MUCH better. Not sure how this is going to increase discovery. I still love ATS, I always loved you for your brain not your looks.

link   

Akragon

SkepticOverlord

Akragon
Still no ribbon?

Everything you need is in the drop-down menu of the persistent top-menu.

Where exactly do I find my replies?

On the old version I could go to "messages/replies" and I would have a list of people who clicked reply to...

Where do I find that now?

Whup... found it...

Shut up you old cat... except the change... EXCEPT IT!!

link   
My input....

Looks like the colors have been turned up a bit. The contrast has an appearance of being more vivid than I remember. If not, the ions for hte forums look really good.

perhaps the green lettering can bear a faint drop shadow, or bevel to pull it out from the background a bit more. Yes, this is minor aesthetics.

The smilies....we need to do something for them.

On the "dark" background....can you make it a bit darker?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

OK, I'm in.

S.O, hoping you can answer the following as it will help us out immensely on the BTS - Avatar Creations thread

1. avatar dimensions and kbs size
2. animated .gif kbs size.
3. Signature dimensions and kbs size.
4. Mini profile background kbs size - please confirm dimensions of 200 pixels x 540 pixels.

Other than that, the new look is great - love it!

This, too.

Might help some members adjust more easily once we are 100% live if we can get the jump on helping them make resizes and updates.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

abe froman
It's pretty, I'll give you that. Looks like it's in large print for the elderly.

This afternoon, while the site was live, I helped 5 members via private message and three via email realize their browser was zoomed-in and they didn't know it -- and they had the same complaint. The default font size for posts is only 2 pixels larger than the old design.

Make sure your browser window is 1:1.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
what's the little person icon at the bottom of the avatar ?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

OK, I'm in.

S.O, hoping you can answer the following as it will help us out immensely on the BTS - Avatar Creations thread

4. Mini profile background kbs size - please confirm dimensions of 200 pixels x 540 pixels.

I second this motion please tell us this, my Avatar is wonky in 5.3

And can you link to that thread too.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So far im liking this much better than this morning, will explore

im not sure about the smileys..have seen worse though.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The default avatar dimensions are the same.

The mini-profile is indeed 200 pixels wide, 580 pixels tall is a safe height for backgrounds.

Kilobyte recommendations have not changed.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

abe froman
what's the little person icon at the bottom of the avatar ?

Click it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Blue_Jay33

Sublimecraft

OK, I'm in.

I second this motion please tell us this, my Avatar is wonky in 5.3

And can you link to that thread too.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK THE BANNER IN HIS SIGNATURE. That red button unleashes a fury of hells that you can only fear to imagine.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I don't know if it's just a browser issue yet but the uploads page is all messed up for me. It's like none of the coding works on that page. It's all plain text so when I did get an image to pop up it was all mixed in with everything below it and I couldn't read the text.. Things look displayed in the wrong spots. I'm using chrome at the moment. I'm using windows 8 on my girls computer. It may be an issue with Chrome running as an app and not the full desktop program. I'm guessing I don't have flash or Java or something running it this way.

Just thought that was important to mention for anyone confused on windows 8.

Here it is in desktop mode:

edit on 8/31/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Didn't work for me. Got the username and password box but it blanks out and come up again.

I have the same problem. I enter the username and password, and after I click, the box just pops up again.

I'm using Firefox 23.0.1, if that helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
When the new site was first launched it was ok, but then a few hours later my ipad browser couldn't load the pages.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As a point of reference, here's the original preview video that was shown in June.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

dustytoad
I don't know if it's just a browser issue yet but the uploads page is all messed up for me.

It should be fixed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join