It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Krakatoa
On the "New Topics" page, when the "replies" filter is selected, some numbers appear (see screen shot below). What do they represent?

Figured it out...hovering over and wait a short time displays a tooltip explaining its a 30 or 90 day sub-filter.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
1) Are you able to put a "back to top" function in at the bottom of threads? Like there was on the old ATS.

2) One thing that used to bug me on the old ATS, was when you were in a forum and scrolled down to the bottom of the page of threads, you had to scroll all the way to the top to change page. Are you able to put the "page list" or a "next page" function at the bottom of the list of theads on a forum, like you have at the bottom of individual threads?
About #1, doesn't pressing the "home" key do that? Maybe it's a mobile device issue.

#2 would be nice to have. I never understood why ATS only did that on individual threads and not with lists of threads. It's certainly helpful in both cases.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While I don't overall mind the new look, I noticed a couple things that I dislike.

On the recent posts board it is no longer showing thread pages and therefore an ability to skip straight to the latest content.

I also notice that everything on the site seems larger and due to the largeness of it all there is more space empty space between posts in threads and even the recent threads list thus continuous scrolling down much more than the old current way. The recent threads list fits 15 threads in one of my screens. The new recent threads list only fits 11. But the most annoying part for me is the huge empty spaces between posts in threads.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, this is very nice! I'm really liking the new look and feel, so far so good.

Granted this is going to take some getting used to, you know you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Is it just me or are these "Manners", "Off Topics" etc unreadable for everyone?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
About #1, doesn't pressing the "home" key do that? Maybe it's a mobile device issue.

I'm not talkng about a mobile device.

When reading a thread and you get to the bottom, on the old format, there's a function that says "Top" which when you clicked on it it would take you back to the top of the thread (OP) without having to scroll up.

It's not a massive thing, but is kind of handy.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

PuterMan
Is it just me or are these "Manners", "Off Topics" etc unreadable for everyone?

Definitely too dark to read properly

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have one issue that for some reason I did not notice during the membership beta testing, so I'll post it here. I was a bit disoriented at first, and this detail escaped me. Not a big thing, just that I may not be the only one:

The columns for "replies, flags, etc." in the upper right corner are pushed together.

It may also be my current favorite browser, which is a bit old:

Safari v. 5.1.9
I have a Mac

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided along the way to give feedback, from the very beginning of the process, up through now. I apologize for not catching this little glitch earlier!

Looking forward to exploring the new format - once the learning curve has been worked through (and we have our awesome new smilies) all shall be well, and better, imo.

- AB

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Is this meant to be some sort of an improvement?

It just looks too generic to me.

Maybe it will be better for new members, but from my perspective, it sucks.

I'll admit that previously, it took me awhile to figure out how to do various different things on the site. Many things were actually quite simple to do, but were sometimes difficult to figure out. Once you figured it out though, it was all nice and easy. I finally had it all figured out, and dammit, now I gotta start all over.

P.S. These smilies still suck.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
On this page: www.abovetopsecret.com... , all I see is a blank page with ads and some info like who's online and board stats when viewed with Chrome/SWIron.

On Firefox/Opera, I can see the forum as it's intended.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Auricom because: Link

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

AboveBoard

The columns for "replies, flags, etc." in the upper right corner are pushed together.

just an FYI: It's not like that for me.

I even tried 'zooming out' and making it real small, but the words still stayed separated.
I use Firefox.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I like it. It's crisper. Preferred the old smiles but I can work with the new ones.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This version is not all that bad.. It does not seem so close up anymore... In any case to be honest, I just don't have the time to complain about the new format. I gave my opinion on it, during beta test, hopefully my imput was taken into consideration, and it looks like it has because this version seems just fine for me..

I will continue to use it from now on to see if I find any bugs, but as far as this 5/3 version, I think it will be just fine, as I said I don't have the time to give ATS, S.O grief over their website.. it will be just fine...

edit on 31-8-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Auricom
On this page: www.abovetopsecret.com... all I see is a blank page with ads and some info like who's online and board stats when viewed with Chrome/SWIron.

On Firefox/Opera, I can see the forum as it's intended.

I'm not sure what that link is actually for, but I'm on Firefox, and clicking your link gave me a '404 Page Not Found'.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When I'm in MOBILE mode PROFILE is missing from the drop-downs. This may be intentional.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Been on it for a few hours and it works great !

Looks good too ! ( Although I'll have to get used to those strange looking emoticons lol ).

A little later on, I'll try to log on from the Android phone and see how it goes.

Big thumbs up on this new design !!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
First I've looked at test site. I agree with many of the comments.

With the darker background choice, I'm cool. Personally don't care for the lighter background choice. As long as I have a choice, that would be great.

It will take a little getting used to. I hadn't quite figured out the old site yet after all these months, so it will take me time to figure out this one.

I have only two tiny suggestions: the icons for War on Terrorism and Conspiracies in Religion.
The first seems to imply that terrorism is Bin Laden or middle eastern - when it can be anyone of any background. Seems prejudicial.
The second seems to imply that conspiracies in religion appear in Christianity -- and that the cross represents religion for everyone, when it does not.

It's not that I'm about being PC all the time, but these two icons really caught my eye as offensive in a way.

There's a lot of people ranting about design of fonts and whatnot. I am here on ATS to read the content and occasionally share a thought. As long as the content continues to be great from posters, the design doesn't really impact me from a visual standpoint. Navigation ease may impact me, but not the visual design.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Akragon

I take it silver and gold boarders are gone too?

we are all 1

Not bad ATS, it may take some some time to get used to but it seems to be coming along fine... Couldn't access old pictures but that has been that way for some time now. Other then that the information is still able to be found and expressed keep up the good work.
edit on 8/31/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It seems my saved messages are gone. Does this have anything to do with the switch over?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The new site is working great for me.

Also, I think maybe I'm alone in this but I really like the emotes. They remind me of the time before "proper" emotes when you had to actually type them out. They're old school in a way. I don't use them hardly ever to begin with but I think it was actually a neat idea.

Thanks for all your hard work.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join